OuttaNowhereWregget--Redux

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Gotta show it after referencing it...

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

On a side note--Matnum P.I. has his profile picture from this prodigiously referenced film.
Justalaxdad

Re: This Sport is Just Downright FUN

Post by Justalaxdad »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:55 am These are great moments that happen all the time in women's lacrosse. Here, senior defender Megan Gordon scores her first goal of the season for Ginny in the ACC tournament semifinals vs Boston College and her teammates go icky balooky as Dale Arnold was wont to say. One moment I particularly enjoy in this sequence which is commonly seen throughout the sport is the readying for the shot while the eventual scorers crosse is held vertical and high. I don't know if there is an actual word for it in lacrosse parlance but I call it flashing the crosse before taking the actual shot. I know it's partially to confuse the goaltender as to when and at what angle the shot will come from, but it's also akin to a pitchers windup in baseball. Whatever the name for it--it always catches my eye. One of the subtleties of this sport that I find highly enjoyable.

And a byproduct of the fun--a delightful laugh by Sheehan in response to Alter's comment at the end.

Wasn’t just her first goal of the season, it was the first and only goal of her collegiate career as she is a defender. We couldn’t have been happier for Megan and her family that day. She was the consummate teammate who led by example and though she only donned the orange and blue for one year, her contributions to the team were immeasurable!
Last edited by Justalaxdad on Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Justalaxdad wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:47 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:55 am These are great moments that happen all the time in women's lacrosse. Here, senior defender Megan Gordon scores her first goal of the season for Ginny in the ACC tournament semifinals vs Boston College and her teammates go icky balooky as Dale Arnold was wont to say. One moment I particularly enjoy in this sequence which is commonly seen throughout the sport is the readying for the shot while the eventual scorers crosse is held vertical and high. I don't know if there is an actual word for it in lacrosse parlance but I call it flashing the crosse before taking the actual shot. I know it's partially to confuse the goaltender as to when and at what angle the shot will come from, but it's also akin to a pitchers windup in baseball. Whatever the name for it--it always catches my eye. One of the subtleties of this sport that I find highly enjoyable.

And a byproduct of the fun--a delightful laugh by Sheehan in response to Alter's comment at the end.
Wasn’t just her first goal of the season, it was the first and only goal of her collegiate career. We couldn’t have been happier for Megan and her family that day. She was the consummate teammate who led by example and though she only donned the orange and blue for one year, her contributions to the team were immeasurable!
Wow. Very cool, dad. Thanks for the background. Makes the moment even more meaningful.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Justalaxdad wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:47 am Wasn’t just her first goal of the season, it was the first and only goal of her collegiate career. We couldn’t have been happier for Megan and her family that day. She was the consummate teammate who led by example and though she only donned the orange and blue for one year, her contributions to the team were immeasurable!
:) That's great...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
OuttaNowhereWregget

What do Patriot League women and Rodney Dangerfield Have in Common?

CBS Sports Network just announced it will televise 12 Patriot League lacrosse games in 2023. Two of those 12 will be women's games. The regular season matchup between Navy and Loyola, and the Patriot League championship game.

CBS Sports Network typically does a bang up job on production so no complaint there. They showcase the sport well. But on another note I could see how the women will feel slighted with only two games--which is where Rodney comes in....

0:05 clip
OuttaNowhereWregget

Loyola 2023 Schedule

Feb 18 (Sat) Home Johns Hopkins
Feb 22 (Wed) Away Towson

Mar 1 (Wed) Home Penn
Mar 4 (Sat) Away Penn State
Mar 8 (Wed) Home Georgetown
Mar 11 (Sat) Away Florida
Mar 15 (Wed) Home Syracuse
Mar 18 (Sat) Home Lehigh
Mar 25 (Sat) Away Boston University
Mar 29 (Wed) Home American

Apr 1 (Sat) Home Holy Cross
Apr 8 (Sat) Away Colgate
Apr 12 (Wed) Away Princeton
Apr 15 (Sat) Home Army
Apr 19 (Wed) Away Bucknell
Apr 22 (Sat) Home Lafayette
Apr 28 (Fri) Away Navy
OuttaNowhereWregget

Welcome from Japan: Negai Nakazawa

I'm tickled to see this. I hope more and more players from all over the world will begin coming to the States and playing lacrosse here. Nice job Coach Teeter and Louisville University!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CmJ13gcs ... _copy_link
OuttaNowhereWregget

Just a Formality...

OuttaNowhereWregget

Out Horace Greeley's Neck o' the Woods

This is another thing I love to see--players from all over the country signing up to play D1 college lacrosse for top 30? 40? ranked programs. West of the Mason-Dixon is largely pioneer country. Lotta open land to be explored and developed out west. Glad to see the Beehive State contributing. Good luck, Haven!

OuttaNowhereWregget

Dartmouth 2023 schedule: Big Green Toning it Down

OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: OuttaNowhereWregget—Opinions, photos, highlights, news, etc.

njbill wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:10 pmONW-gate?
I love it.

OuttaNowhereWregget

Great to see their appeal rising...

I most always root root root for the Hokies.

Last edited by OuttaNowhereWregget on Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OuttaNowhereWregget

The Great One - Another Exasperated Defender

The best part of this is Ginny senior defender Nina Garfinkel's flounce after North's goal. Too funny.

What more do I have to do to cover her?!

Gets funnier each time I watch it.
GratefulRed

Re: The Great One - Another Exasperated Defender

Post by GratefulRed »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:12 pm The best part of this is Ginny senior defender Nina Garfinkel's flounce after North's goal. Too funny.

That's very good defense out there on that island. I don't blame her for being torqued.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: The Great One - Another Exasperated Defender

GratefulRed wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:57 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:12 pm The best part of this is Ginny senior defender Nina Garfinkel's flounce after North's goal. Too funny.

That's very good defense out there on that island. I don't blame her for being torqued.
Exactly! I thought she did a tremendous job. Never let North get by her. Great footwork.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Who to tell it--Rod Stewart or Shakespeare?

Every picture tells a story, don't it? Much ado about nothing.

OuttaNowhereWregget

Will this record fall?

Loyola's Stacey Morlang potted 12 goals vs. American back on May 1st, 2002. She alone holds the record for most goals scored in a single game. It occurs to me that the only way her record gets broken is during a high scoring yet close game, like when Doug Flutie and the Boston College Eagles outgunned Bernie Kosar and the Miami Hurricanes 47-45 all those years ago. I don't think even the most insensitive D1 coach out there would let one of their star players score 13 goals against Cleveland State in a blowout. It would have to be a shootout like when Northwestern outlasted Duke 21-20 in 2019. Until either of these scenarios occur, the record will be safe.

OuttaNowhereWregget

The Flounce--Better Angle

OuttaNowhereWregget

Not a Game for the Faint of Heart

No one should ever question the toughness or bravery of the athletes who play this game. Scottie Rose Growney absorbs a rib crushing cross check, not to mention a bone jarring crash to the artificial turf, yet gets up after a short period of recovery and continues to play.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”