Conservative Ideology: A Big Lie

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: Conservative Ideology Off the Rails

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:51 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:12 pm While I’m all for everyone squirrel finding their right nut, I’m displeased with myself that I saw the pic of the dudes underwear up his butt crack. Makes me want to start drinking again to erase the memory.
Sorry, I put the mundane Fox report first and the sensational one with the proof second to ease people into it. Should have marked it NSFW for non-geriatric politicians who aren't into very young men, that's on me.
Eh I need to “suck it up”, my general preference for female a**, not like I haven’t seen it in south beach or DuPont circle. But still there’s zero chance that guy is just incorrectly using emojis and speaking to his constituents. There can’t be a legally non mentally challenged person in this country that would believe that if you see that. He definitely likes his cucumber pickled.

This is more my speed: https://www.gettyimages.com/photos/alex ... rio-photos
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Matt Taibbi testified at Jordan's Weaponization Committee hearing yesterday and I think we can all feel America getting better, teacher salaries going up, inflation going down, medicines more available and cheaper, price of gas dropping. Pretty amazing. It's true: Hunter's laptop is really the key fulcrum in political life to get things under control.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVlOP1J ... AaronRupar
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Fighting inflation and managing all the other lunch bucket issues:

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... 3545503744
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:53 am Matt Taibbi testified at Jordan's Weaponization Committee hearing yesterday and I think we can all feel America getting better, teacher salaries going up, inflation going down, medicines more available and cheaper, price of gas dropping. Pretty amazing. It's true: Hunter's laptop is really the key fulcrum in political life to get things under control.

My life is getting better??? The bottom dropping out of 401k accounts begs to differ. Gas is getting cheaper??? What does any of this have to do with Hunters Laptop? Talk about putting lipstick on a pig??😁😁
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:51 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:53 am Matt Taibbi testified at Jordan's Weaponization Committee hearing yesterday and I think we can all feel America getting better, teacher salaries going up, inflation going down, medicines more available and cheaper, price of gas dropping. Pretty amazing. It's true: Hunter's laptop is really the key fulcrum in political life to get things under control.

My life is getting better??? The bottom dropping out of 401k accounts begs to differ. Gas is getting cheaper??? What does any of this have to do with Hunters Laptop? Talk about putting lipstick on a pig??😁😁
No. The GOP is in charge of the House and everything is going to be much better and less woke.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Should get advice from OS and his expertise in tech investing.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:47 am

Should get advice from OS and his expertise in tech investing.
His 401K is woke.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:21 am

No. The GOP is in charge of the House and everything is going to be much better and less woke.
I don't really care what party is in charge. I don't give a flying fig about Hunters laptop. The Woke people are digging their own grave anxiously awaiting to jump in head first. I'm commenting on the illusion that the lives of middle class Americans are getting better. If their lives are getting that much better than maybe 2023 should send them a text to remind them? :D
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:40 am Fighting inflation and managing all the other lunch bucket issues:

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... 3545503744
Sure looks like he has a very serious case of unmedicated Parkinson's...but that doesn't make one a ranting white supremacist idiot.

Why he would lie about it and claim he has arthritis and a couple of vertebrae issues to explain it, I dunno...except that he seems to be the #2 or #3 compulsive liar in the House.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Gaetz must love the new legislation by DeSantis and the Florida GOP to force all reporters and bloggers who report on their activities to "register"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22YOaYeI6lA
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

than why were you so afraid of Hunters laptop story, to begin with?

hope YOU never serve on a jury of your peers.....you're the type that still will claim you hand is warm in dry while placed in a bucket of ice water.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:24 am

hope YOU never serve on a jury of your peers.....you're the type that still will claim you hand is warm in dry while placed in a bucket of ice water.
Strange comment; color me shocked.

I am certainly not "afraid" of stories about "Hunter's laptop." Happy to see and read them all. But the entire issue looks like complete nonsense to me, particularly given the fact that it was placed in the hands of one of the most untrustworthy people in the country, one is the subject of several state bar examiners' scrutiny for making false and irresponsible claims. To say nothing of the guy with the Tam-O-Shanter, who now appears to run a cottage industry in appearing on Fox to discuss the laptop.

The FBI supposedly has the original. And so? Why no action on the laptop's supposed disclosure of the many crimes of HB and the Biden Family? Here is an excerpt from a story in September, before the recent midterms:

"But the present stalemate, in which one side treats the subject with polite indifference while the other side foments and fundraises off it, is unsustainable. Maybe it will be broken by the Justice Department, which is reported to be conducting a wide-ranging criminal investigation into Hunter Biden, examining whether he violated various tax, money-laundering, and lobbying-disclosure laws. In July, CNN reported that the Justice Department had “debated the strength of the case for months,” as it faced an unofficial September deadline to file charges ahead of the midterm election. Biden paid off a large tax liability with the help of a loan from an entertainment attorney (one of at least three lawyers on his team) in an apparent attempt to head off a potential indictment.

Even if the DOJ doesn’t bring charges against Hunter, Republicans may gain control of at least one chamber of Congress — and, with it, subpoena power — in November. If they do, they have vowed to start their own investigations, which would lead to months or years of manufactured drama. (The laptop has already been entered into the Congressional Record on a motion by Florida Republican Matt Gaetz.)

When you look at it as merely a political object, the laptop may not seem all that remarkable. But the implications of what happened to Hunter Biden go far beyond politics. Whether or not he turns out to be the perpetrator of a crime, he is certainly the victim of a violation — an invasion of privacy that is staggering in its totality. Even the people who are responsible for disseminating the laptop admit that, on a human level, what happened to Hunter is horrifying. “A lot of stuff I do, I don’t feel great about,” says one of them, Steve Bannon. “But we’re in a war.”

The act of investigation, once the discrete province of professionals, has been crowdsourced. And if you believe the story told by some famously unreliable narrators, it all begins with the eyewitness account of a computer repairman. Who is legally blind."

Back to the ignore button.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:35 am
runrussellrun wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:24 am

Strange comment; color me shocked.

I am certainly not "afraid" of stories about "Hunter's laptop." Happy to see and read them all. But the entire issue looks like complete nonsense to me, particularly given the fact that it was placed in the hands of one of the most untrustworthy people in the country, one is the subject of several state bar examiners' scrutiny for making false and irresponsible claims. To say nothing of the guy with the Tam-O-Shanter, who now appears to run a cottage industry in appearing on Fox to discuss the laptop.

The FBI supposedly has the original. And so? Why no action on the laptop's supposed disclosure of the many crimes of HB and the Biden Family? Here is an excerpt from a story in September, before the recent midterms:

"But the present stalemate, in which one side treats the subject with polite indifference while the other side foments and fundraises off it, is unsustainable. Maybe it will be broken by the Justice Department, which is reported to be conducting a wide-ranging criminal investigation into Hunter Biden, examining whether he violated various tax, money-laundering, and lobbying-disclosure laws. In July, CNN reported that the Justice Department had “debated the strength of the case for months,” as it faced an unofficial September deadline to file charges ahead of the midterm election. Biden paid off a large tax liability with the help of a loan from an entertainment attorney (one of at least three lawyers on his team) in an apparent attempt to head off a potential indictment.

Even if the DOJ doesn’t bring charges against Hunter, Republicans may gain control of at least one chamber of Congress — and, with it, subpoena power — in November. If they do, they have vowed to start their own investigations, which would lead to months or years of manufactured drama. (The laptop has already been entered into the Congressional Record on a motion by Florida Republican Matt Gaetz.)

When you look at it as merely a political object, the laptop may not seem all that remarkable. But the implications of what happened to Hunter Biden go far beyond politics. Whether or not he turns out to be the perpetrator of a crime, he is certainly the victim of a violation — an invasion of privacy that is staggering in its totality. Even the people who are responsible for disseminating the laptop admit that, on a human level, what happened to Hunter is horrifying. “A lot of stuff I do, I don’t feel great about,” says one of them, Steve Bannon. “But we’re in a war.”

The act of investigation, once the discrete province of professionals, has been crowdsourced. And if you believe the story told by some famously unreliable narrators, it all begins with the eyewitness account of a computer repairman. Who is legally blind."

Back to the ignore button.
Does it make you feel better about yourself to write such things?

The waste of time "hearing" are about the ...............oh, never mind.

The point.....IS...exactly your final words.

"ignore"

That IS what facists says........
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... den-probe/

Commentary on the "investigation" of Hunter Biden's laptop:

"Right-wing House Republicans have left little doubt that they want to spend the bulk of their time and energy investigating phony conspiracies and made-up scandals. Their main obsession appears to be Hunter Biden, whose very name has become a buzzword in right-wing media. The contents of one of his laptops, revealed in 2020, have inspired a fantastical conspiracy theory that has been comprehensively debunked by, among others, Asha Rangappa, a senior lecturer at Yale University’s Jackson School of Global Affairs and former FBI agent.

She persuasively applies a “a basic three-part formula” employed by psychologists who study conspiracy theories “for disentangling truth from fiction, one that activates the rational, analytical side, rather than the lizard, fight-or-flight side, of the brain.” Her takeaway: The conspiracy theorists have reached the “temper tantrum” stage of the Hunter Biden “scandal.”

Obviously, there is no legitimate basis for congressional “oversight” of the matter. And that brings us to the current faceoff between the Republican chairmen of the House Judiciary and Intelligence committees, on one side, and 50 or so former intelligence officials, on the other.

In October 2020, these officials crafted a statement that appeared in Politico alleging that appearance of the laptop and emails purporting to relate to Hunter Biden’s time on the board of a Ukrainian gas company, Burisma, “has all the classic earmarks of a Russian information operation.”

As my Post colleague Glenn Kessler has explained, the statement’s claims — in contrast to news reports and Democrats’ description of the claims — were explicitly limited. “We want to emphasize that we do not know if the emails, provided to the New York Post by President Trump’s personal attorney Rudy Giuliani, are genuine or not and that we do not have evidence of Russian involvement — just that our experience makes us deeply suspicious that the Russian government played a significant role in this case,” the statement cautioned.

Nevertheless, House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) and Intelligence Committee Chairman Michael R. Turner (R-Ohio) sent letters to the signatories, demanding all documents relating to the statement and directing the former officials to appear for transcribed interviews. If they don’t comply, they have been warned, subpoenas will be forthcoming.

Perhaps Republicans imagine the former intelligence officials were put up to signing the statement pointing the finger at Russia as part of a Democratic plot to mislead voters. (Talk about projection!) Whatever the reason for this GOP fishing expedition, it would be a dangerous threat to the First Amendment if Congress could haul in for questioning any private citizen (as the former officials were at the time) to explain an op-ed or open letter.

And, ironically, it would be an illegitimate and inappropriate use of congressional power — a weaponization of government — if every president’s family members and their associates and defenders could be summoned to testify about a made-up controversy.

Several of the signatories are represented by Mark Zaid, who provided me with a copy of a letter challenging the fishing expedition. In a response to the chairmen, Zaid notes that the power of Congress to exercise oversight is not “unbounded.” Citing the 2020 Trump v. Mazars Supreme Court case, Zaid explains that Congress needs a legitimate legislative purpose to demand compliance with a subpoena. And here, “no conceivable legislative purpose” exists, he says, only a “purely political, partisan exercise” that wastes taxpayer money.

Indeed, it is hard to divine any legislative purpose for a Republican-led, contorted investigation of the president’s son. But I cannot say the maneuver surprises me. House Republicans have continually boasted about their plans to investigate President Biden and his family, meddle in ongoing prosecutions and run interference for former president Donald Trump. Now, their admission is being turned against them.

It isn’t clear where this is going from here. Zaid says his clients have voluntarily agreed to produce documents. One signatory, Marc Polymeropoulos, who helped organize the former intelligence officials’ statement, has agreed to sit for an interview. However, should the committees issue formal subpoenas to others or demand the former officials reveal classified information about their past service (which is the basis for their opinions set out in the statement), the issue likely would head to the courts in the first substantial legal challenge to the House GOP’s conspiracy-driven inquests.

The last thing these right-wing congressmen likely would want is a court ruling that their three-ring circus lacks any legitimate legislative purpose and, therefore, cannot compel testimony or document production. A legal defeat for MAGA-inspired investigations (which to date have spectacularly flopped) would be the perfect denouement to Republicans’ inept efforts to harness congressional power for political gain.

If their power to hold hearings is neutered, the absence of a substantive House GOP mission would be laid bare. Republicans would be left to make wild accusations — such as bank failures are due to “wokeness” — advance a hugely unpopular agenda (restricting abortion, raising prescription drug prices) and reveal their disarray, as they have with the debt ceiling.

In standing up to congressmen bent on bullying and intimidating witnesses to score political points, the former intelligence officials will have performed a public service: revealing the feckless little men behind the curtain."
a fan

Post by a fan »

More and more teachers will bail. Who the F wants to get sued to teach in a community that wants to be able to sue you for daring to try and teach their kids. They think that teachers are "the help"....and that's why they treat them like this.

Average teacher in Iowa? $53K. Awesome. You can flip burgers, and not worry about patrons naming you in a lawsuit for 20% more.

Keep on keepin' on, America. Let's see if we can waste yet another generations of talent.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:26 pm
More and more teachers will bail. Who the F wants to get sued to teach in a community that wants to be able to sue you for daring to try and teach their kids. They think that teachers are "the help"....and that's why they treat them like this.

Average teacher in Iowa? $53K. Awesome. You can flip burgers, and not worry about patrons naming you in a lawsuit for 20% more.

Keep on keepin' on, America. Let's see if we can waste yet another generations of talent.
This is the year 2023.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

a fan wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:26 pm

It's not "America" that is doing this. It is a subset of people making an absolute hash of our country. Let's not, respectfully, spatter the rest of us with the sh*t coming out of these narrow minded, frightened a**holes' mouths.
DocBarrister

Reagan Intermediaries Worked to Delay Iran’s Release of American Hostages

Post by DocBarrister »

Ronald Reagan was a horrible president. But the evidence is growing that he was a traitorous presidential candidate.

It seems Reagan may have promised Iran through various intermediaries to send American weapons in exchange for the Ayatollah’s promise to hold the American hostages until after the 1980 election.

WASHINGTON — It has been more than four decades, but Ben Barnes said he remembers it vividly. His longtime political mentor invited him on a mission to the Middle East. What Mr. Barnes said he did not realize until later was the real purpose of the mission: to sabotage the re-election campaign of the president of the United States.

It was 1980 and Jimmy Carter was in the White House, bedeviled by a hostage crisis in Iran that had paralyzed his presidency and hampered his effort to win a second term. Mr. Carter’s best chance for victory was to free the 52 Americans held captive before Election Day. That was something that Mr. Barnes said his mentor was determined to prevent.

His mentor was John B. Connally Jr., a titan of American politics and former Texas governor who had served three presidents and just lost his own bid for the White House. A former Democrat, Mr. Connally had sought the Republican nomination in 1980 only to be swamped by former Gov. Ronald Reagan of California. Now Mr. Connally resolved to help Mr. Reagan beat Mr. Carter and in the process, Mr. Barnes said, make his own case for becoming secretary of state or defense in a new administration.

What happened next Mr. Barnes has largely kept secret for nearly 43 years. Mr. Connally, he said, took him to one Middle Eastern capital after another that summer, meeting with a host of regional leaders to deliver a blunt message to be passed to Iran: Don’t release the hostages before the election. Mr. Reagan will win and give you a better deal.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/18/us/p ... tages.html

That is nothing short of treason.

That explains in part why Reagan would ever consider sending arms to the Ayatollah (ultimately leading to the Iran-Contra scandal).

Carter eventually got the hostages home. The Carter Administration long suspected the Reagan camp had covertly worked against the hostages’ release. Now there is more evidence supporting that suspicion.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Brooklyn

Re: The GOP, Past and Future Direction

Post by Brooklyn »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:55 pm
runrussellrun wrote:
MDlaxfan76 wrote:

Have you read the guys boring same ole, same ole viewpoints on "issues" yet? Do you believe that the Iraq war was started for the oil execs like Antonio does? Draped flags "song" says so, never found those WMD's. Any pretends vote for that military action mdlaxfan?
ok, Fatty...I'd decided I could safely ignore your ramblings on LP without missing anything important.
Like I decided to do with Bandito, I'm taking a temporary vacation from your vitriol in my own feed. Just too much troll factor. Feel free to do the same with my posts if you'd like.

Never felt the need to do that with the moderation on LP but in this environment of no/little moderation, it's a useful tool to limit the uncivil discourse.

Terrorist traitor Bush started his war of imperialistic colonialism on this day, 20 years ago. It will be recalled that I condemned the Fourth Reich war blitzkrieg and invasion from Day One and said you will never find any WMD because they were imaginary.

The following cartoon from that period of time illustrates the point:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Frq8feeWIAMy2Fw.jpg

The fake news media terrorists spread all that hysterical excretia about this imaginary "threat" that cost us trillions of dollars, the loss of 8,000 Americans and well over 100,000 innocent Iraqis. Come the Judgment day, the right wing traitors will have much to answer for.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq

Return to “POLITICS”