Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
LandM

Re: IMPEACHMENT ... How many Articles?

Post by LandM »

MD,
Ever been to NO? Doubtful........you seem like a NE kinda of guy. It is good to be pretentious and arrogant. It is good to see the world and not live in daddy's bubble.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

njbill wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:25 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:17 pm I heard a talking head today say that the republicans had asked a number of other conservative lawyers to testify and had no other takers.
They should have tried Joe and Vicky. Joe could have worn his bolo tie.
It will be interesting to see who he choses to defend himself. He would like to do it himself, but he won't. He is a big talking coward.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
njbill

Post by njbill »

I still think the Dems should subpoena Trump for the Senate trial. I really think Chief Justice Roberts would allow him to be called as a witness. How could he not? It’s not like a criminal case where the defendant has the right not to take the stand. Let the Senate Republicans vote to overrule Robert. See how that flies.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

njbill wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:32 pm I still think the Dems should subpoena Trump for the Senate trial. I really think Chief Justice Roberts would allow him to be called as a witness. How could he not? It’s not like a criminal case where the defendant has the right not to take the stand. Let the Senate Republicans vote to overrule Robert. See how that flies.
There is going to be a big showdown between Trump and McConnell. Trump wants a circus and McConnell knows a circus will cost him the Senate majority with 5 members up for re-election coming from states carried by HRC. Roberts wants to maintain the institution (His and the rule of law) which is going to cause a conflict with Trump and likely McConnell as well.
DMac

Post by DMac »

njbill wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:32 pm I still think the Dems should subpoena Trump for the Senate trial. I really think Chief Justice Roberts would allow him to be called as a witness. How could he not? It’s not like a criminal case where the defendant has the right not to take the stand. Let the Senate Republicans vote to overrule Robert. See how that flies.
I'd go stupidly high on a premium to watch that on pay per view if that were the only way to see it.
This would be the definition of exposed on more than one level. Complete and coherent sentences
is kind of a must in this environment, that'd be stuggle number one for the master of the art of the
deal, then some of the deals might cause him a problem or two. Please keep me posted if you see a
listing for this.
njbill

Post by njbill »

It will be interesting to see how many decisions Roberts makes that are overruled by the Senate Republicans. Roberts will play it down the middle, making decisions based on the law. For example, he would grant the Democrats’ motion to exclude Hunter Biden as irrelevant. I think the Republicans will need to think long and hard each time they want to overrule Roberts. If they do that too much, that probably will hurt Trump and the Republicans, I think.

One tidbit that is interesting to me: Roberts has never been a trial judge. Acting as a trial judge is much, much different than being an appellate judge. At least at a normal trial, you have to make lots and lots of decisions on the spot. He is not used to doing that. Now for the more consequential decisions (such as Hunter), he will probably require briefing which will allow him some time to make his rulings.
njbill

Post by njbill »

DMac, the ratings would dwarf the Super Bowl. And The Donald loves ratings, right?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

njbill wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:56 pm It will be interesting to see how many decisions Roberts makes that are overruled by the Senate Republicans. Roberts will play it down the middle, making decisions based on the law. For example, he would grant the Democrats’ motion to exclude Hunter Biden as irrelevant. I think the Republicans will need to think long and hard each time they want to overrule Roberts. If they do that too much, that probably will hurt Trump and the Republicans, I think.

One tidbit that is interesting to me: Roberts has never been a trial judge. Acting as a trial judge is much, much different than being an appellate judge. At least at a normal trial, you have to make lots and lots of decisions on the spot. He is not used to doing that. Now for the more consequential decisions (such as Hunter), he will probably require briefing which will allow him some time to make his rulings.
I agree. Roberts will play it down the middle, so no concern there.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:06 pm
njbill wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:56 pm It will be interesting to see how many decisions Roberts makes that are overruled by the Senate Republicans. Roberts will play it down the middle, making decisions based on the law. For example, he would grant the Democrats’ motion to exclude Hunter Biden as irrelevant. I think the Republicans will need to think long and hard each time they want to overrule Roberts. If they do that too much, that probably will hurt Trump and the Republicans, I think.

How much do you want to bet Trump will attempt to make contact with Roberts prior to the trial? :lol:
DMac

Post by DMac »

njbill wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:58 pm DMac, the ratings would dwarf the Super Bowl. And The Donald loves ratings, right?
Yes, and this would be his legacy.
The number one watched aszhole in the world.
njbill

Post by njbill »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:11 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:06 pm

How much do you want to bet Trump will attempt to make contact with Roberts prior to the trial? :lol:
Invite him over for dinner at the White House a la Comey.
Serve some beautiful chocolate cake.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

LandM wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:26 pm MD,
Ever been to NO? Doubtful........you seem like a NE kinda of guy. It is good to be pretentious and arrogant. It is good to see the world and not live in daddy's bubble.
Ok, I'll bite...yup, I don't even know what NO means. You're gonna have to help translate that one for me, which may well prove your point...but what does NO mean?

I assume NE means New England?

"daddy's bubble"???
njbill

Post by njbill »

I heard Rudy has hired OJ to help him look for incriminating evidence on the Bidens in Ukraine.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

LandM wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:23 pm MD,
The rich white prep school known as Gilman is Catholic - no? $35,000 a year to go to prep school? It is ok to be a born with a silver spoon? Did daddy buy you your way into Dartmouth? And did JR get into Harvard because of daddy and Grandpa? Might want to look into that mirror big boy.

I was going to bust on you about Pelaton but that was too easy.

DMac if that was your grandkid..........you would be pi$$ed..........I have read enough of your posts to know that a bunch of kids in Dallas would not have grandpa sit idly by.

CU88 - I am a proud Catholic - if you do not like, kiss mine bud. I am who I am and the lady was a disgusting and vile individual. Not only was she ugly varm, she was disgusting.
geez, you think you've done your homework, but wow, so many misses in just one post.

And why are you so hung up on where someone went to school?
No one else claims it means much of anything.
Certainly not in terms of making a sound argument on here.

No, Gilman is not Catholic. Ecumenical. Not sure where you'd have gotten that one.
Nor $35k. BTW, 60% of Gilman kids get some or a lot of scholarship support. But sure, bunch of pretty rich kids too.
Not like the top NE prep schools like Andover and Exeter and Groton, etc, but sure some families with bucks.
Top academic boys school in our region.

I happen to be Episcopalian, but my dad was Catholic, plenty of Catholics in that side of my family tree. Brother-in-law is Catholic, whole lot of Thomases, Josephs, Patricks etc in that family!

Yup, my parents did pay for most of my school; pop was self-made, his mom died when he was young and his dad was a quite bad alcoholic, never more than a few nickels to rub together. Scholarship boy. He made it to UVA on his athleticism, though lucky as all get out that his HS coach moved to UVa the same year and picked him out to come with him, as he wasn't a successful student and hadn't really matured yet. Did so in college, 3X AA, captain, Student Council, etc. Made it in business on sweat and being good with people. But we didn't have serious bucks as I was coming up. Pop was just 24 when I was born and didn't build serious bucks until much later on. Mom didn't bring any money to the table either, scholarship girl, President of her class, captain of two sports, left college to marry my dad, finished later at Hopkins.

No, he certainly didn't 'buy (my) way into Dartmouth'. I was a recruited D1 athlete, multiple offers, chose Dartmouth for academics (certainly not because of lax!). My academic scores may well have gotten me in any way, as my SAT's were 740 and 720 way back before those numbers began to get some inflation. But, yeah, parents paid the bills. But I worked summers and at school, paid for my vehicle, travel, fraternity, etc. Pop made sure I valued hard work and a buck earned through sweat, and I did the same with my son.

Paid 100% for grad school, as did my wife. She didn't take a nickel from her parents (nor did any of her siblings) for their education. She earned academic scholarships and paid the balance out of working constantly. Dartmouth and Harvard Business School. As they say in Boston, "wicked smart"...

I don't know who JR is. Do you mean Jared Kushner? Yes, his dad did reportedly pay very big bucks to get him into Harvard. It happens.

My son was a recruited D1 athlete with very high SATs and grades (better than me, closer to his mother) and took the Harvard offer. Some academic scholarship dollars, but mostly paid by us. He assumes he'll pay for grad school himself, if he chooses that path.

But what does that have to do with anything relevant to our discussions???
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

njbill wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:00 pm I heard Rudy has hired OJ to help him look for incriminating evidence on the Bidens in Ukraine.
And in return, Rudy will set up OJ with a group of Popeye’s Khicken Kyiv franchises. If you’re going to Ukraine, you must remain.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:41 pm
Ok, I'll bite...yup, I don't even know what NO means. You're gonna have to help translate that one for me, which may well prove your point...but what does NO mean?

"daddy's bubble"???
Mr MD. What’s preferable, bigly words or talking in code?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ardilla secreta wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:32 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:41 pm

"daddy's bubble"???
Mr MD. What’s preferable, bigly words or talking in code?
:lol: high falutin'
old salt

Post by old salt »

Bandito wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:50 pm Karlan’s cheap shot invoking Baron Trump’s name just lost them any shred of hope that they’re going to win this impeachment battle in the court of public opinion.
It's working out that way. Karlan has become the public face of the impeachment, so far.

She gave Trump the perfect campaign ad video clip.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Oh, horseschidt! Only a hardcore R, MAGA hat wearing Trump supporter would see that as anything other than an ill advised and poorly timed attempt at a little clever word play. This is mild, particularly when considering the impeachee (new word, that one's kinda clever too, no?). Melania got her panties in a little twist about the whole deal, but then again I'm not so sure she gets the whole English word play thing. ;)
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

DMac wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:19 pm Oh, horseschidt! Only a hardcore R, MAGA hat wearing Trump supporter would see that as anything other than an ill advised and poorly timed attempt at a little clever word play. This is mild, particularly when considering the impeachee (new word, that one's kinda clever too, no?). Melania got her panties in a little twist about the whole deal, but then again I'm not so sure she gets the whole English word play thing. ;)
I would not assume this came from Melania. Perhaps but certainly not assured.

Return to “POLITICS”