Re: Still Waiting on...

Post by jff97 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:18 pm Duke
Maryland
Stony Brook
Florida
Northwestern

In that order
Posted about this in the Maryland 2022 page on Dec. 1 but here's part of the Terps' schedule. I'm guessing the rest of OOC will be mostly home games since most of the ones already released are road games. Should get a full release soon. They like to wait to put there's out. The men's team is worse.
Feb. 17 at Syracuse
Mar. 1 at James Madison
Mar. 5 Denver
Mar. 11 at Villanova
Mar. 15 Georgetown
Mar. 22 at Penn

B1G Home Games: Johns Hopkins, Michigan, Ohio State
B1G Road Games: Northwestern, Rutgers, Penn State
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Still Waiting on...

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

jff97 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:46 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:18 pm Duke
Maryland
Stony Brook
Florida
Northwestern

In that order
Posted about this in the Maryland 2022 page on Dec. 1 but here's part of the Terps' schedule. I'm guessing the rest of OOC will be mostly home games since most of the ones already released are road games. Should get a full release soon. They like to wait to put there's out. The men's team is worse.
Feb. 17 at Syracuse
Mar. 1 at James Madison
Mar. 5 Denver
Mar. 11 at Villanova
Mar. 15 Georgetown
Mar. 22 at Penn

B1G Home Games: Johns Hopkins, Michigan, Ohio State
B1G Road Games: Northwestern, Rutgers, Penn State
Thanks jff. Denver's a new one I reckon. Think UNC will show up on the finished schedule?
jff97

Re: OuttaNowhereWregget—Opinions, photos, highlights, news, etc.

Post by jff97 »

Denver is a new one, regular season wise. Connection with Cathy Reese since she was the head coach there from 2004-06 before returning to her alma mater. They previously met in the 2018 and 2019 NCAA Tournament.
As for UNC, I would like to see that game on the schedule, but I have no idea. Scheduling is more than just "I want to play this team." There's a lot of other logistics involved, like the fact that UNC will have one less OOC game this year with Clemson in the ACC. There's also things like travel, budget, can both teams agree on a date, etc. But if it happens I think it's MD's turn to host, and the game would be in the football stadium like in 2019 when over 3,000 people showed up because they're laying new turf at the Field Hockey and Lacrosse Complex. I'm sure there would be a great crowd again.
OuttaNowhereWregget

jff97 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:02 pm Denver is a new one, regular season wise. Connection with Cathy Reese since she was the head coach there from 2004-06 before returning to her alma mater. They previously met in the 2018 and 2019 NCAA Tournament.
As for UNC, I would like to see that game on the schedule, but I have no idea. Scheduling is more than just "I want to play this team." There's a lot of other logistics involved, like the fact that UNC will have one less OOC game this year with Clemson in the ACC. There's also things like travel, budget, can both teams agree on a date, etc. But if it happens I think it's MD's turn to host, and the game would be in the football stadium like in 2019 when over 3,000 people showed up because they're laying new turf at the Field Hockey and Lacrosse Complex. I'm sure there would be a great crowd again.
Good point on UNC having one less spot due to Clemson. It wouldn't be as compelling a matchup anyway as most if not all the all stars who played for the Heels last year have moved on. Maryland should handle them without too much fuss if they meet. The Terps may well be the team to beat this year. I can't think of another team in D1 who would be considered the favorite against them in a regular season game going into the season.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Another "Great One"

0:28 clip
OuttaNowhereWregget

jff97 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:02 pm they're laying new turf at the Field Hockey and Lacrosse Complex.
You think it is also in the plans to move the fences back to make more room for the players? The proximity of the fence is way too close to the field. A player could never do this there...

OuttaNowhereWregget

Renovations to Maryland's Weird Field

As has been well documented, the field the women's lacrosse team has been playing on at College Park is in great need of upgrade. For the safety and convenience of the players, let's hope the fences get moved back when the current renovations are complete.
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:59 am I’m putting this here in hopes that someone in the Maryland program who has some influence might get the ball unstuck from the fence…I mean get the ball rolling to either build a new lacrosse field or make renovations to the existing one. This is bush league at its worst. The reason Cordingley had to pry a ball from the fence vs Florida yesterday to begin with is the dimensions of the boundaries to the field were ill conceived and ill thought out. The fence is too close to the playing field to safely place extra balls along the out of bounds lines. So, we get this on occasion. There was another instance not too far back (pictured below). So embarrassing. The all time greatest program in women’s lacrosse and they can’t put extra balls down because of the verkakte design of the facility. Pathetic, Maryland. Truly pathetic.

Cletus wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:59 am The event described took place in the 2nd half (see pictures), unless it happened multiple times and also happened in the first. I don't see one ball along that endline. And Hop's Shelby Harrison, is going to tug and pull on a ball firmly lodged in the fence while there was one nearby?

OuttaNowhereWregget

BC Christmas Party

Can't help but wonder as I look over the faces for those recognizable without the numbers on their game jerseys--is there a future Tewaaraton winner among them? Will the core of this team hoist the golden hardware after the final horn sounds on Championship Weekend someday? The new season begins in 59 days...

OuttaNowhereWregget

Anticipating Stony Brook's 2023 schedule

One of the more intriguing schedule drops I'm looking forward to is Stony Brook. Now that they'll be playing in the CAA, I wonder how that will affect which OOC opponents they choose. The Seawolves typically schedule ranked opponents Northwestern, Syracuse, Florida, etc. I think if coach Spallina had his druthers, he would play all top shelf ranked opponents for his OOC. This is one of the teams I pull for to get over the hump and win a national championship.
OuttaNowhereWregget

All time favorite Syracuse player - Mary Rahal

I always enjoyed her style of play. Never afraid to go into the trenches to score a goal. Shweet deke here.

This is a great angle by the stellar Orange production crew. One never has to worry about quality when the Orange are in the Dome.

OuttaNowhereWregget

Powder Blue Crew - 2023 schedule

Only 15 games. Interesting.

Feb 11 (Sat) 2 p.m. Home James Madison
Feb 15 (Wed) 5 p.m. Home Liberty
Feb 18 (Sat) Noon Home Florida
Feb 24 (Fri) 5 p.m. Away Virginia Tech

Mar 4 (Sat) 12:30 p.m. Home Boston College
Mar 11 (Sat) 2 p.m. Home Virginia
Mar 16 (Thu) 1 p.m. Away Louisville
Mar 19 (Sun) 1 p.m. Away Northwestern
Mar 23 (Thu) 6 p.m. Home High Point
Mar 26 (Sun) Noon Home Clemson

Apr 1 (Sat) 1 p.m. Home Notre Dame
Apr 7 (Fri) 2 p.m. Home Pitt
Apr 11 (Tue) 5 p.m. Away East Carolina
Apr 15 (Sat) 1 p.m. Home Syracuse
Apr 20 (Thu) 7 p.m. Away Duke
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: All time favorite Syracuse player - Mary Rahal

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:39 pm I always enjoyed her style of play. Never afraid to go into the trenches to score a goal. Shweet deke here.

This is a great angle by the stellar Orange production crew. One never has to worry about quality when the Orange are in the Dome.

And Riley Donahue was a close 2nd...

wlaxphan20

Re: Powder Blue Crew - 2023 schedule

Post by wlaxphan20 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:35 pm Only 15 games. Interesting.

Feb 11 (Sat) 2 p.m. Home James Madison
Feb 15 (Wed) 5 p.m. Home Liberty
Feb 18 (Sat) Noon Home Florida
Feb 24 (Fri) 5 p.m. Away Virginia Tech

Mar 4 (Sat) 12:30 p.m. Home Boston College
Mar 11 (Sat) 2 p.m. Home Virginia
Mar 16 (Thu) 1 p.m. Away Louisville
Mar 19 (Sun) 1 p.m. Away Northwestern
Mar 23 (Thu) 6 p.m. Home High Point
Mar 26 (Sun) Noon Home Clemson

Apr 1 (Sat) 1 p.m. Home Notre Dame
Apr 7 (Fri) 2 p.m. Home Pitt
Apr 11 (Tue) 5 p.m. Away East Carolina
Apr 15 (Sat) 1 p.m. Home Syracuse
Apr 20 (Thu) 7 p.m. Away Duke

Almost as interesting as their 15-game regular season schedules in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, or 2022? Or 16 in 2021?….
OuttaNowhereWregget

THE very first video I ever posted of women's lacrosse. Kayla Treanor was something to see when she was dominant in D1 six years ago when this occurred. Set up by none other than Halle Majorana--another all time fave from Syracuse.

OuttaNowhereWregget

All time favorite player for the Penn State Nittany Lions - Maria Auth

Hands down. She was a real joy to watch. Her crosse feints here are sublime. She expertly freezes her defender to beat JHU's netminder.

OuttaNowhereWregget

This Sport is Just Downright FUN

These are great moments that happen all the time in women's lacrosse. Here, senior defender Megan Gordon scores her first goal of the season for Ginny in the ACC tournament semifinals vs Boston College and her teammates go icky balooky as Dale Arnold was wont to say. One moment I particularly enjoy in this sequence which is commonly seen throughout the sport is the readying for the shot while the eventual scorers crosse is held vertical and high. I don't know if there is an actual word for it in lacrosse parlance but I call it flashing the crosse before taking the actual shot. I know it's partially to confuse the goaltender as to when and at what angle the shot will come from, but it's also akin to a pitchers windup in baseball. Whatever the name for it--it always catches my eye. One of the subtleties of this sport that I find highly enjoyable.

And a byproduct of the fun--a delightful laugh by Sheehan in response to Alter's comment at the end.

OuttaNowhereWregget

Chances go around...

One of my aunts used to say that frequently. Zoe Stukenberg once noted during a Loyola/Syracuse game when she was in the booth doing color: "If you get your defender on the ground, you know you did your job." Here, BC's "Vacuum" Hollie Schleicher is on both the receiving and giving end only minutes apart in the same quarter of the same game.

OuttaNowhereWregget

Well...we're waiting...

The Northwestern Wildcats posted this to their Instagram account 5 days ago. I guess they meant soon in the relative sense...

Dylan Amonte celebrates with Elle Hansen--Beantown Girls, both.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”