Johns Hopkins 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
flalax22

Re: Johns Hopkins 2020

Post by flalax22 »

DMac wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:18 pm C'mon, this is a no brainer. Of course Dwan volunteered to be on the investigating team, what better front?
He ate 'em...with whipped cream from the can he keeps in his drawer of course.
Case closed.
Perfect. Bill Dwan fat jokes. Glad I checked in tonight.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

flalax22 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:50 pm
DMac wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:18 pm C'mon, this is a no brainer. Of course Dwan volunteered to be on the investigating team, what better front?
He ate 'em...with whipped cream from the can he keeps in his drawer of course.
Case closed.
Perfect. Bill Dwan fat jokes. Glad I checked in tonight.
If it’s DMac, it’s demeaning.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Shrug & confused emoji.
DMac wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:29 pm Am bummed for you, Hoponboard, I get the labor of love part to say nothing of the number of fans who appreciate and look forward to your work. Thanks for your efforts and what you've brought us.

To the schidthead who made this chickenschidt decision, congratulations, you win the arsehole of the year award!!!
??
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Further evidence:

1) Going into the women’s lacrosse forum and putting down their game. That went over well.

2) Multiple instances of being called a racist.

3) Multiple instances of commenting on people’s weight.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Of all the people on the face of the earth to be casting stones....this one takes the cake, holy schidt.

1. Find me another poster who encourages mlaxers to check the wlax game out more than DMac has. Have raved about the beauty of the wlax game and gone as far as to say it's a prettier game than the men's game for quite a few years now, you?
2. My a*s*s.
3. Yup, your coaches....just the facts, ma'am.

Petro hangin' with BB this week-end?
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

You just love to see how the anonymity of the internet makes people think that they're so cool and tough. What kind of psychology goes into that? Pretty fascinating. It's weird (but quite telling, I think) that the weights of the Hopkins coaching staff are what DMac here is so fixated on. It's not like it was just one passing remark. It's an ongoing obsession. Wonder what that might mean. Interesting.

Now that you bring up "casting stones" though, it's also rather interesting that a fan of Syracuse, of all places, is making jokes about other staffs with respective to body shape. :lol: If it were a Virginia fan I'd almost understand—that's a pretty fit coaching staff right there. But a fan of the team coached by Desko and Simmons? They're not exactly Adonises. Simmons in particular looks like he ate Bill Dwan for breakfast.

Anyway, nice article on Charlie Coker, who will be officially inducted in the hall of fame next week: https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/college/m ... at-hopkins
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

CC as he was known then was a tough SOB. There were a lot of them on those teams, One worked as a bouncer on the block. Mike Curtis MLB for the Colts and an All Pro came with a couple of team mates to watch Cowan play, the Colts drafted Cowan. He noticed Scroggs play as MLB and commented that had he been about 50 lbs heavier he would have been All Pro in the NFL.

CC dated my best friend’s sister. He was ambivalent about that situation.

CC once scored three goals against Loyola in 40 seconds or so as I recall
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

HopFan16 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:03 am You just love to see how the anonymity of the internet makes people think that they're so cool and tough. What kind of psychology goes into that? Pretty fascinating. It's weird (but quite telling, I think) that the weights of the Hopkins coaching staff are what DMac here is so fixated on. It's not like it was just one passing remark. It's an ongoing obsession. Wonder what that might mean. Interesting.

Now that you bring up "casting stones" though, it's also rather interesting that a fan of Syracuse, of all places, is making jokes about other staffs with respective to body shape. :lol: If it were a Virginia fan I'd almost understand—that's a pretty fit coaching staff right there. But a fan of the team coached by Desko and Simmons? They're not exactly Adonises. Simmons in particular looks like he ate Bill Dwan for breakfast.

Anyway, nice article on Charlie Coker, who will be officially inducted in the hall of fame next week: https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/college/m ... at-hopkins
It is odd to be concerned about another males fitness, or lack there of. But there it is.

Perhaps, tho, we would all take Petro's "change" comments seriously. an annual event it seems, if he showed up in a lil better shape.

You know, a change.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

I transferred schools on 7th grade. Not long after I was walking to school with my sister when this guy with a few friends decided to make fun of us and bully us. Now he didn’t know anything about us other than two data points. We were new and we were their age more or less. But that didn’t stop them from taking those two observations and drawing all kinds of conclusions

That seems to happen often here too
Last edited by OCanada on Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

my head hurts.
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:19 am
HopFan16 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:03 am You just love to see how the anonymity of the internet makes people think that they're so cool and tough. What kind of psychology goes into that? Pretty fascinating. It's weird (but quite telling, I think) that the weights of the Hopkins coaching staff are what DMac here is so fixated on. It's not like it was just one passing remark. It's an ongoing obsession. Wonder what that might mean. Interesting.

It is odd to be concerned about another males fitness, or lack there of. But there it is.

Perhaps, tho, we would all take Petro's "change" comments seriously. an annual event it seems, if he showed up in a lil better shape.

You know, a change.
I see that now the days are shorter and the night's longer it is safer for you to emerge from your crypt and expound your familiar, ignorant and self-serving bovine excrement!
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

I’m looking forward to when some trash here stops showing up.

They won’t be missed, at all.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Lot of over thinking going on here, 16, it's not that complicated. Funny you mention anonymity, and being cool, and tough. There is no thread that tears their AD, coaches, and players apart more than the Hopkins thread. What's the one "casting stones" have to say about his alma matar's coach and program (the one he doesn't go watch anymore)?
Will say it again, these are D1 lacrosse coaches, not Big Boy Burgers managers. They're the face of a prestigous university and an elite lacrosse program, morbidly obese is not the kind of image they should be presenting. Plain and simple, nothing complicated there. Morbidly obese people are not that way because they're active, energetic, and ambitious, and they're not as mentally sharp as they can be either. Big D loses 150 lbs (which he can do) and he's a whole different person with a whole lot more energy. Any person who does that will tell you the same thing. You're not operating at your best when you're walking around like that.
I just saw Tierney, Desko, and Simmons Jr a few days ago. While the 80 some odd year old Simmie has put on a few pounds, Dwan would be elated to be the size of JD or Tierney...there really is no comparison there (the other Simmons isn't even really a coach).
It's not a good look for Hopkins and that's as deep as my fixation goes.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Extra voodoo doll on order for Halloween.
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:15 pm Extra voodoo doll on order for Halloween.
+1 ;)
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

Meanwhile, FWIW, the seemingly insurmountable Navy lead is down to 23. So fly Bluejays down the field and sink the Navy, sink the Navy Blue! :lol:
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

DMac wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:58 pm

It's not a good look for Hopkins and that's as deep as my fixation goes.
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

+1 :D
DMac

Post by DMac »

Up and at 'em, Coach, summer's over. Time to bring the fire and go get it.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It's the off-season so, in general, it takes more to have a flag thrown and... This thread is ridiculous. Too ridiculous to muster the energy to throw a flag.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”