The DOGS Thread

General Chatter
Brooklyn

Re: The DOGS thread is back.

Post by Brooklyn »

Yaaaaaaaay Buddy! :D
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
njbill

Post by njbill »

Proves letter writing is not dead.

https://apple.news/Aq6vfThTEReaL0-r0Ft23cg
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

DMac wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:57 am BUDDY, THE CANINE CROONER, WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(in his category)

Arooo!
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

To ally friends here who understand my love for my dogs. Yesterday my wife and I had to put our beloved yellow lab jenna down. I thank all of you out there who have given me so much heartfelt understanding . For the first time in many years I did not have a dog to wake me up and take care of in the morning.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
DMac

Post by DMac »

Very sorry for you, cradle...damn!
Am I remembering right that you got this one when you had to put the last one down some years back?
This a fairly young dog?
Ouch!!!
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

DMac wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:48 pm Image
Very sorry for you, cradle...damn!
Am I remembering right that you got this one when you had to put the last one down some years back?
This a fairly young dog?
Ouch!!!
Thanks Dmac. we had both dogs when I had to put Tugger down. What got me through it was Jenna needed more attention and more balls thrown. We have an empty house and I am not use to not having a dog that needs to eat and poop in the morning. Jenna was almost 13 years old. Every Saturday I would make a pancake and share the crusts with jenna. She was suppose to be sitting by my chair waiting with her ears perked up. This morning the pancake went into the garbage disposal. Nothing but pain and hurt today, I lost a member of my family and it hurts.
Bob Ross:
nomofogo

Post by nomofogo »

Sorry C and S, the loss can be indescribable. Here is a light hearted clip with Ripple the dog.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ntWcpw0esE.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

You can't keep a good dog down!

https://www.kare11.com/video/news/local ... d6bf7f8999

His hooman care takers wanted to turn him into a house pet but he refused and continues to hit the road. :D

DMac

Post by DMac »

Well, Mr. Lab Pup who comes from a great hunting line (and he does) aint no hunter, that's for damn sure. Grab the rifle and he heads the other way. Shoot it and the real hunt begins to see where he's hiding. :lol: That dog aint no hunter...all about the kill when you bring it back though, then he's all in (squirrels...pesky little pricks...red squirrels...very aggressive...no limit 365 days a year...there are a dozen fewer than there were when I got to the son's Ponderosa to dog sit for a couple of days. I'll leave them alone now, the herd's thinned out a little at this point...or should I go for a baker's dozen? They are a little irresistable. JFTR, they don't go to waste, the cats eat 'em right up, big treats for 'em).
Mr. Pup'll sure as he!! chase a ball 980 times and bring it back though, can't get enough of that. Gives it up fairly easily too, very gentle and soft mouth. Nice dog. Friendly and fun...give him an 85 on the catching, pretty good but he misses too many that he should be catching. Pratice, practice, practice...and he's willing to do that.

Brookie, I'm thinkin' you're a Husky guy. Pretty dogs but I'm not a fan, son had one (told him it was a mistake to get her), very neurotic, needy, stubborn dog, listened like a deaf person. Friend had one who was a one in a million (very small one), nice dog, mellow and friendly. Dog died some time back and she just got another one (Lab Pup goes over and plays with her sometimes to try to make her a little more sociable...she got kicked out of the dog day care place...or whatever you call it). She hates the dog, wants to take it back. Typical neurotic, needy, Husky who is destroying her house....I'd never own one of those dogs unless I had a dog sled in Alaska. I don't believe I've ever seen a Husky in any dog competition type video...distance jumping, obstacle course, obedience, etc. Point North and tell them to run and you're good, beyond that you got pretty much nothin'. That's been my experience with them anyway.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

DMAC,

Brookie, I'm thinkin' you're a Husky guy.

More of a Collie fan as Lassie was my biggest TV heroine. Of course, I also liked Yukon King and thought of Huskies as heroes as well. Years later I learned YK was actually an Alaskan Malamute.

Huskies are very popular here in Lake Wobegone as mushing is a very popular sport (many high school sports teams are named "Huskies"). We are eagerly looking forward to John Beargrease:
https://tinyurl.com/uxglurz

mini Husky race:

DMac

Post by DMac »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Too funny, very cool.
Yup, those those Malamutes are big fellas, shed blankets worth of fur...crazy amounts.
Lot of the same Husky traits as far as trainability and stubborness. Friend of mine had two of them, I'd rate 'em as okay/tolerable on a stretch. Doesn't make them bad creatures, sure helped man out big time that's for sure. Just not my cup of tea in the world of dogs (would be, no doubt, if I were an Eskimo though :D ).
DMac

Post by DMac »

In fairness to the mush dogs...but, "It's a lot of work."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3p9w-NQ4zE

Mr. Lab Pup growing up, 6 mos now. Hind legs are distorted in this picture, they're not that long.
Tail always wagging...pretty good looking boy.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:15 pm To ally friends here who understand my love for my dogs. Yesterday my wife and I had to put our beloved yellow lab jenna down. I thank all of you out there who have given me so much heartfelt understanding . For the first time in many years I did not have a dog to wake me up and take care of in the morning.
C&S

Really sorry to hear about your pup....I know exactly how you feel - the loss of a pet creates a huge vacuum in the home.

(I posted earlier that our dog had knee surgery and it was 50/50 the other knee would blow out, which it did. The good news, after just 5 days post surgery, she seems to be recovering at a much faster rate.)
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

foreverlax wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:11 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:15 pm To ally friends here who understand my love for my dogs. Yesterday my wife and I had to put our beloved yellow lab jenna down. I thank all of you out there who have given me so much heartfelt understanding . For the first time in many years I did not have a dog to wake me up and take care of in the morning.
C&S

Really sorry to hear about your pup....I know exactly how you feel - the loss of a pet creates a huge vacuum in the home.

(I posted earlier that our dog had knee surgery and it was 50/50 the other knee would blow out, which it did. The good news, after just 5 days post surgery, she seems to be recovering at a much faster rate.)
Thank you for your kind words. I am glad your pup is doing well. You know as well as I do... cherish every single day with your dog. I know i did and my wife and i miss her terribly. You are so correct about the vacuum in our lives right now. For 13 years she followed me around wherever I went. She had to be right by my side. I am still looking for her everywhere I go.😢
Bob Ross:
tech37

Post by tech37 »

C&S

So sorry to hear about your pooch. I finally had to put down my 22 yo cat, who actually was more dog-like than cat. It was obvious he didn't want to go but a cancerous tumor returned with a vengeance post surgery. Heart breaking stuff...hang in there.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

tech37 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:56 pm C&S

So sorry to hear about your pooch. I finally had to put down my 22 yo cat, who actually was more dog-like than cat. It was obvious he didn't want to go but a cancerous tumor returned with a vengeance post surgery. Heart breaking stuff...hang in there.
Thank you tech for your kind words. My wife and I knew when it was Jenna's time. It always happens in the middle of the night and leaves you with heart break waiting for the vets office to open at 8am. Our girl walked into the vet's office on her own power with her dignity intact. She passed away peacefully in my arms and the tears are still flowing. I just miss my girl and the loss still hurts.
Bob Ross:
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

DMac wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:09 pm In fairness to the mush dogs...but, "It's a lot of work."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3p9w-NQ4zE

Looks like pooch boot camp. After that workout, it's time for belly rubs, biscuits, and some ice cream. :)

DMac

Post by DMac »

Am not thrilled with the 2020 best in show Westminster winner...not at all!!!
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/st ... w-n1135571
A red hot Pink is just on fire. Click on at 5:00 to see the winning run and the definition of focus and intensity. Just can't beat these guys at this event.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZn7oWMHD90
njbill

Post by njbill »

Loved the slo mo on the weave poles. Great concentration and intensity.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

talented pooch speaks the King's English:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4QW8FO ... e=youtu.be

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”