Patriot League 2019

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Hawkeye

Re: Patriot League 2019

Post by Hawkeye »

admin wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:40 pm Loyola with 2 after 3 quarters?!
Army is controlling the ball, actually holding their own on faceoffs - limiting Loyola's possessions. And Loyola isn't fairing very well against their defense either.

So basically a complete butt whooping thus far. Loyola is probably lucky to only be down 2.
Last edited by Hawkeye on Fri May 03, 2019 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Georgia Tech alumnus
2019 Georgia Tech lacrosse final record: 18-2; MCLA semifinalist
-
College lacrosse television schedules: https://markmhart9.wixsite.com/mysite
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Dr. Tact wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:41 pm better fix this soon or NCAA berth is at risk.
Loyola is definitely in, regardless of the outcome tonight.
Georgia Tech alumnus
-
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It was all those Patriot League Honors. Offensive POY, Roohie OY, Goalie OY, Coach OY...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

wow. that's that...
Congrats to Army.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

admin wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:50 pm It was all those Patriot League Honors. Offensive POY, Roohie OY, Goalie OY, Coach OY...
You might be on to something. I couldn’t watch the game....how did Spencer end up with zero points, what did Army do or did he just have a really bad day?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Pretty sure he had one assist.
Georgia Tech alumnus
-
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Spencer had 1 point (an assist) but the entire offense just crapped the bed with 14 TO's. Credit Army for a great defensive effort. Stover really kept loyola in the game with all his saves but if you can't score goals then that effort will go to waste. the shots that loyola did take at barreto was just being saved by an other worldly effort .
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Thanks for the clarification. Was scrolling through the Loyola timeline and didn’t see it.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
ExLax

Post by ExLax »

Wow - didn't see this PL Final coming: Army vs Lehigh.

Should be an interesting Sunday!
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Army keeper Barretto was outstanding. Warriors come in all sizes...
old salt

Post by old salt »

youthathletics wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:20 pm
admin wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:50 pm It was all those Patriot League Honors. Offensive POY, Roohie OY, Goalie OY, Coach OY...
You might be on to something. I couldn’t watch the game....how did Spencer end up with zero points, what did Army do or did he just have a really bad day?
That was a TeamD masterpiece by Army. I can't remember a team that plays an opponents hands as well as this Army team.
thetruth

Post by thetruth »

I would love to see Army go on a run. If defense truly does win championships then Army definitely has a chance...
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Does anyone know if Army v Loyola game can be seen in archive on CBS?
~Livy
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

thetruth wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 8:10 am I would love to see Army go on a run. If defense truly does win championships then Army definitely has a chance...

I would as well, but you probably don't want to assume they will beat Lehigh first.

Army should have beaten Cuse earlier this year. They had them on the ropes. That would have really helped their case for an at large if they lose to Lehigh. Army's achille's heel for the NCAA should they make it is FO; their defense is great, but you just can't play an entire game defending against better and better offenses. At some stage, your legs will give in, as waves of fresh middies and attack keep coming at you...PSU would IMO destroy Army.

The good news for the Patriot is they might get two teams in now, but that assumes Loyola makes it as an at large bid, which still is no sure thing.

Most of us will pull for Army now, but Lehigh will be a super tough out for them...Gaffney is likely to go close to 100% against Army. That'll be a lot of defense for Army in two days.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

houndace1 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:29 pm Spencer had 1 point (an assist) but the entire offense just crapped the bed with 14 TO's. Credit Army for a great defensive effort. Stover really kept loyola in the game with all his saves but if you can't score goals then that effort will go to waste. the shots that loyola did take at barreto was just being saved by an other worldly effort .

What makes it worse is Loyola had a full week to game plan and army had two days. Our ability to recover in games is dreadful. With every game I’ve seen this year, I could tell within the first five minutes if we’d win or lose. That’s never a good sign.
Voyuer

Post by Voyuer »

Voyuer wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 1:16 pm Well NO! I do not think playing Tues. hurts those teams in Friday's games. If anything they will be sharper. If they happen to win and have to play again on Sunday, then that could be a drain. These guys are in end of the season great playing shape. Playing 2 games in one week is not a problem. Time for a PL tourney upset so for fun I'll GO ARMY! To win it all.
Of course I have to gloat after this post was ridiculed on several fronts 3 days ago! I think the cool weather, did in fact help Army not run out of gas today.
molo

Post by molo »

As a Baltimorean, I would like to see Loyola get a home game next week. Objectively speaking, I would have a hard time arguing their case.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

molo wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 4:38 pm As a Baltimorean, I would like to see Loyola get a home game next week. Objectively speaking, I would have a hard time arguing their case.
Molo i think a case can be made for a home game on some factors.

1. The wins against Georgetown, Army and Virginia carry significant weight as they won their respective conferences.
2. The loss against Towson, and the loss to Army in the PL Semis don't look too bad either since they won the CAA and PL.
3. The win against Hopkins proved to be significant IMO as they beat UMD twice
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

Some projections show the Hounds playing either Cuse or Towson. Who cares? Just give them another game. My prefernce would be Towson just to see if the first game was legit or a fluke. And it would be electric at Johnny U Stadium.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

NovaHound wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 6:00 pm . My prefernce would be Towson just to see if the first game was legit or a fluke. And it would be electric at Johnny U Stadium.
as long as they play during the day and not under the lights... :D

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”