Kayla Treanor. Is this true?

D1 Womens Lacrosse
cdb

Re: Kayla Treanor. Is this true?

Post by cdb »

There was some prior discussion that intimated that Cuse was not prepared properly for its semi against BC. I went back and watched that game. BC went ahead in the second half by several goals and then Cuse made its run. Like in the NW game, BC did not win draw control but relied on its D to force ground balls. So, like the NW game, there was a great chance CUSE would gain control after scores. With around 3 minutes left and down 2 scores, CUSE pulled its goalie. During the next minutes, CUSE caused 3 ground balls, but BC recovered all three. The balls bounced BC's way. BC scored its final goal with not much time left to an open net. BC played great, that is not my point. Syracuse played great also. I saw no evidence that Cuse dd not have good coaching. If so, how could they come back? Coach Walker of BC has indicated that along with great players, good asst coaches, calls going your way, you also have to be lucky to win it all. I agree with her.

Look at a team like NW -- a powerhouse -- this year loaded with experienced players. That team could have won three in a row -- instead of one.

Two years ago MD lost in the semi to BC after being up by two goals in the 4th quarter. All of these teams have such great athletes. In the CUSE/BC game both goalies put on a clinic -- awe-stopping saves front inside the 8.

I disagree with those that claim Syracuse was not prepared to pkay BC.
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

cdb wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 3:56 pm There was some prior discussion that intimated that Cuse was not prepared properly for its semi against BC. I went back and watched that game. BC went ahead in the second half by several goals and then Cuse made its run. Like in the NW game, BC did not win draw control but relied on its D to force ground balls. So, like the NW game, there was a great chance CUSE would gain control after scores. With around 3 minutes left and down 2 scores, CUSE pulled its goalie. During the next minutes, CUSE caused 3 ground balls, but BC recovered all three. The balls bounced BC's way. BC scored its final goal with not much time left to an open net. BC played great, that is not my point. Syracuse played great also. I saw no evidence that Cuse dd not have good coaching. If so, how could they come back? Coach Walker of BC has indicated that along with great players, good asst coaches, calls going your way, you also have to be lucky to win it all. I agree with her.

Look at a team like NW -- a powerhouse -- this year loaded with experienced players. That team could have won three in a row -- instead of one.

Two years ago MD lost in the semi to BC after being up by two goals in the 4th quarter. All of these teams have such great athletes. In the CUSE/BC game both goalies put on a clinic -- awe-stopping saves front inside the 8.

I disagree with those that claim Syracuse was not prepared to pkay BC.
Coaching was not an issue Bc was just better Unfortunately someone has to lose and it’s more times than not cuse in this match up
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

DMac wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 3:09 pm Nope, don't know anything about it like you folks do.
Didn't know she got married. Everything I know about
it I learned from the smut peddlers right here.
The thread is disgusting.
Concur.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 6:07 pm
DMac wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 3:09 pm Nope, don't know anything about it like you folks do.
Concur.
Agreed.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 6:30 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 6:07 pm
Concur.
Agreed.
My personal favorite was the post describing how KT had been left out of a recent “girls weekend trip” with other Cuse alums. Dear Lord.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:18 am
laxlaxlax wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 9:25 am
LaxPundit07 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:37 am
lax410 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 11:56 pm Just to be clear, if there’s an issue it’s due to the power imbalance between a supervisor and a subordinate. The fact that it’s an “affair” or their martial status or gender is entirely irrelevant.
Just to be clear…their gender/orientation is completely relevant.
How is it relevant?
It is relevant because it brings an entirely different dynamic into the scenario. A dynamic where they can claim discrimination if terminated. I am not saying I agree, like, or otherwise intellectually empathize with the argument. But the fact remains, if Syracuse wishes to terminate them, they have to consider the potential backlash of a lawsuit claiming discrimination (“would you have fired us if we were a straight couple?!”). I really don’t think it’s that controversial of a “take”. I worked in a Division 1 BCS athletic department and witnessed an ADMINISTRATOR leave her husband, start dating a female student athlete 20 years younger than her, claim discrimination when HR investigated….and the whole thing went away. This happens. Doesn’t mean I agree with it, applaud it, or understand it. But to say gender and orientation are not relevant here is just really naive.
That doesn't make any sense. The rules and policies for these situations are pretty clear cut. You can't mess around with any other employee or student. Doesn't matter if its between a man and a woman, a man and a man, or a woman and a woman. Any lawsuit for breaking a clearly laid out policy will be thrown out by a court. Earlier this year, the auburn women's tennis head coach was canned for messing with one of her players. She got nothing. Any attempted lawsuit would be fruitless. what is she gonna say? Auburn descrimnated against her and fired her unjustily for messing with a player? you see how ridiculous that sounds?

What's KT going to argue here? she has no argument. That's why your fixation on trying to bring gender or sexual orientation into this makes zero sense. She'll be lucky to even receive any monetary compensation because it is a clear breach of contract.
lacrossemwj

Post by lacrossemwj »

DMac wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 2:38 pm KT''s ex-husband?
When did she get married?
His name is Treanor too?
This thread is disgusting.
You are asking for more information on the gossip, contributing to the gossip, taking the low road, and then calling the thread disgusting. You can’t take high road after that.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

lacrossemwj wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 7:32 pm
DMac wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 2:38 pm KT''s ex-husband?
When did she get married?
His name is Treanor too?
This thread is disgusting.
You are asking for more information on the gossip, contributing to the gossip, taking the low road, and then calling the thread disgusting. You can’t take high road after that.
A lot of that going around.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Not quite, gals. I didn't know she got married, thought I was pointing out
how riddled with BS the rumors are.
Carry on.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Kleizaster wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 7:16 pm
LaxPundit07 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:18 am
laxlaxlax wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 9:25 am
LaxPundit07 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:37 am
lax410 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 11:56 pm Just to be clear, if there’s an issue it’s due to the power imbalance between a supervisor and a subordinate. The fact that it’s an “affair” or their martial status or gender is entirely irrelevant.
Just to be clear…their gender/orientation is completely relevant.
How is it relevant?
It is relevant because it brings an entirely different dynamic into the scenario. A dynamic where they can claim discrimination if terminated. I am not saying I agree, like, or otherwise intellectually empathize with the argument. But the fact remains, if Syracuse wishes to terminate them, they have to consider the potential backlash of a lawsuit claiming discrimination (“would you have fired us if we were a straight couple?!”). I really don’t think it’s that controversial of a “take”. I worked in a Division 1 BCS athletic department and witnessed an ADMINISTRATOR leave her husband, start dating a female student athlete 20 years younger than her, claim discrimination when HR investigated….and the whole thing went away. This happens. Doesn’t mean I agree with it, applaud it, or understand it. But to say gender and orientation are not relevant here is just really naive.
That doesn't make any sense. The rules and policies for these situations are pretty clear cut. You can't mess around with any other employee or student. Doesn't matter if its between a man and a woman, a man and a man, or a woman and a woman. Any lawsuit for breaking a clearly laid out policy will be thrown out by a court. Earlier this year, the auburn women's tennis head coach was canned for messing with one of her players. She got nothing. Any attempted lawsuit would be fruitless. what is she gonna say? Auburn descrimnated against her and fired her unjustily for messing with a player? you see how ridiculous that sounds?

What's KT going to argue here? she has no argument. That's why your fixation on trying to bring gender or sexual orientation into this makes zero sense. She'll be lucky to even receive any monetary compensation because it is a clear breach of contract.
Doesn’t matter if the lawsuit is “fruitless”. Ever heard of the discovery period during litigation? That’s when defense attorneys request access to all sorts of crap. And unless Syracuse is squeaky clean, they won’t let it get that far—they will opt for some sort of payout or to not terminate her.

I am not fixated on this. You are missing the point. I don’t intellectually agree with a lawsuit or threat of one from KT. I am simply saying that reality exists. It’s a joke of a situation, but it exists.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 9:34 am Doesn’t matter if the lawsuit is “fruitless”... It’s a joke of a situation, but it exists.
1- LaxPund, you're not wrong. With this said, isn't this true for literally every lawsuit? i.e. If you have a red headed employee who feels discriminated against, you might want to treat him with kid gloves. But the employee being redheaded is all but irrelevant. Obviously not to the redhead. But objectively, the issue isn't red hair. The issue is someone wanting to take you to court.
2- Have the rumors been officially corroborated yet?
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
DMac

Post by DMac »

It now seems obvious to me that some of you had the inside scoop on this sickening mess, so my bad and apologies for questioning your reliability. I now know the scoop from a dependable and reliable source and must say I could not be more disappointed and disgusted with Kayla. The damage you and your assistant have done to Cuse wlax is immeasurable and will be felt for many years to come. The two of you need to go find a dark little corner to hide in and hang your heads in shame. Can't even express how thoroughly disgusted and disappointed I am in you.
No, I won't lay out the details but I can't imagine it being too long before they're out. NFW the KTrainwreck is the Cuse HC next year and doesn't deserve to be.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 9:50 am
LaxPundit07 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 9:34 am Doesn’t matter if the lawsuit is “fruitless”... It’s a joke of a situation, but it exists.
1- LaxPund, you're not wrong. With this said, isn't this true for literally every lawsuit? i.e. If you have a red headed employee who feels discriminated against, you might want to treat him with kid gloves. But the employee being redheaded is all but irrelevant. Obviously not to the redhead. But objectively, the issue isn't red hair. The issue is someone wanting to take you to court.
1. 100000%. Civil litigation, or the threat of a lawsuit, is almost always a game of chicken. Who is willing to take it further? It’s rarely about the truth. Which is why civil litigation rarely ends up in an actual court room. For instance, KT has this affair which is completely against the rules. But she feels discriminated against because her affair is with a woman. She threatens Syracuse for the lawsuit. Syracuse says you broke all the rules in our handbook, we had every right to fire you. KT’s lawyers say OK, but what about these text messages we have from one of your employees using a homophobic slur? Would you like that going public? Etc. etc. etc. back-and-forth until settlement is reached because it’s not good for either party for the dirty laundry to go public. And that is my point. Like Allen Iverson said, “ain’t nobody squeaky clean.” It’s a gross world we live in (civil litigation). But it doesn’t mean it’s not real.

2. Yes.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:06 am
Matnum PI wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 9:50 am
1. 100000%. Civil litigation, or the threat of a lawsuit, is almost always a game of chicken. Who is willing to take it further? It’s rarely about the truth. Which is why civil litigation rarely ends up in an actual court room. For instance, KT has this affair which is completely against the rules. But she feels discriminated against because her affair is with a woman. She threatens Syracuse for the lawsuit. Syracuse says you broke all the rules in our handbook, we had every right to fire you. KT’s lawyers say OK, but what about these text messages we have from one of your employees using a homophobic slur? Would you like that going public? Etc. etc. etc. back-and-forth until settlement is reached because it’s not good for either party for the dirty laundry to go public. And that is my point. Like Allen Iverson said, “ain’t nobody squeaky clean.” It’s a gross world we live in (civil litigation). But it doesn’t mean it’s not real.

2. Yes.
Just curious - where is the "official" corroboration to which you refer? Is there some kind of publicly available information for this statement on your part?
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Sorry. I ignored the word “officially” there.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:06 am 1. 100000%...
Essentially, SU would be paying money to avoid a PR penalty. I hear you. And, based on tastes in the US in July 2024, SU being homophobic will incur a larger PR hit than their discriminating against redheads.
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:19 am Sorry. I ignored the word “officially” there.
Alright. So this may all be theoretical beyond theoretical. Alright...
Caddy Day
njbill

Post by njbill »

DMac wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 9:55 am It now seems obvious to me that some of you had the inside scoop on this sickening mess, so my bad and apologies for questioning your reliability. I now know the scoop from a dependable and reliable source and must say I could not be more disappointed and disgusted with Kayla. The damage you and your assistant have done to Cuse wlax is immeasurable and will be felt for many years to come. The two of you need to go find a dark little corner to hide in and hang your heads in shame. Can't even express how thoroughly disgusted and disappointed I am in you.
No, I won't lay out the details but I can't imagine it being too long before they're out. NFW the KTrainwreck is the Cuse HC next year and doesn't deserve to be.
DMac, I know that was a very difficult post for you to write. Very sorry for the impact this has had on your team.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:23 am
LaxPundit07 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:06 am 1. 100000%...
Essentially, SU would be paying money to avoid a PR penalty. I hear you. And, based on tastes in the US in July 2024, SU being homophobic will incur a larger PR hit than their discriminating against redheads.
Winner winner, chicken dinner. Nothing left to be said.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

DMac wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 9:55 amNFW the KTrainwreck is the Cuse HC next year and doesn't deserve to be.
How does she keep her job? Fear of lawsuit?! Shouldn't there be a fear of lawsuit also if she keeps her job?
Caddy Day

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”