Middies Wins Championships

D1 Mens Lacrosse
molo

Re: Middies Wins Championships

Post by molo »

And remember on the 2018 Team Canada Currier played ssdm and took most face-off wings. At Princeton he wasn’t a bad face-off man although Petro might still have a slight objection to his technique.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

molo wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:17 pm And remember on the 2018 Team Canada Currier played ssdm and took most face-off wings. At Princeton he wasn’t a bad face-off man although Petro might still have a slight objection to his technique.
I can still see them zooming in on his hand after the F/O whistle. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Seem to recall Hops FOGO getting away w murder in 08… similar photos of hand on the ball etc
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:09 pm Seem to recall Hops FOGO getting away w murder in 08… similar photos of hand on the ball etc
IIRC, it was Alex Smith who was pictured with his gloved hand on the ball. He was so great, the Blue Hens (again IIRC) convincingly beat UVA in the Quarterfinal. In the Semifinal, the Jays were whistled several times (maybe as many as five?) for going early. Many observers felt that was an intentional tactic, figuring it was better to give up the ball than a fast break. In the stands, especially far away, the sight of the motion would easily beat the sound of the whistle.

Now, of course, you cannot intentionally go early too many times in a half.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

44WeWantMore wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:39 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:09 pm Seem to recall Hops FOGO getting away w murder in 08… similar photos of hand on the ball etc
IIRC, it was Alex Smith who was pictured with his gloved hand on the ball. He was so great, the Blue Hens (again IIRC) convincingly beat UVA in the Quarterfinal. In the Semifinal, the Jays were whistled several times (maybe as many as five?) for going early. Many observers felt that was an intentional tactic, figuring it was better to give up the ball than a fast break. In the stands, especially far away, the sight of the motion would easily beat the sound of the whistle.

That’s right. Nonetheless is was blatant disregard for the rule and while getting whistled also got away with it a ton. Akin to Pete Carroll teaching secondary players to be overly physical because they’ll only catch some penalties. Seemed almost directed so taking issue while playing the same games is funny.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

44WeWantMore wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:39 pm

Alex Smith basically ran his own practice sessions, had his own
practice program, no D / Faceoff coach,

one of the local coaches gave me some insight into that UDel staff,
let’s just say Smith (and Curtis Dickson for that matter)
were light years ahead of that staff.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”