Transfer Portal

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Njlaxx11

Re: Transfer Portal

Post by Njlaxx11 »

laxrules wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:33 am I think the UVA staff will figure it out or maybe just maybe already have it figured out. Or maybe they can come on here and read everyone’s ideas to help them. SMH!
welp, being that their OC left for dartmouth and have a guy that hasn't been an OC in 15 years.

also, the point of a forum is to discuss topics. that's what we're doing. don't know what's so wrong here.
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

Njlaxx11 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:18 am UVA has shown they'll sit their freshmen recruits, even if they're the #1 player in the class.

I can see an attack of Boyden, Mencke and Shellenberger

Million and Sunderland running out of the box.
What about Cormier?
laxrules

Post by laxrules »

Njlaxx11 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:43 pm
laxrules wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:33 am I think the UVA staff will figure it out or maybe just maybe already have it figured out. Or maybe they can come on here and read everyone’s ideas to help them. SMH!
welp, being that their OC left for dartmouth and have a guy that hasn't been an OC in 15 years.

also, the point of a forum is to discuss topics. that's what we're doing. don't know what's so wrong here.
The problem is that people are questioning why and how boyden fits in. I am pretty sure the critics on here are being less of trying to offer how "it will work" more than they are saying how/why "it won't work"...I am sure that they will figure it out. The comments on here are pretty ridiculous at times. A bunch of wannabe coaches. Also the point of a fan forum is about being a fan not a GM/Coach!
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

GaitsRightHand wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:51 pm
Njlaxx11 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:18 am UVA has shown they'll sit their freshmen recruits, even if they're the #1 player in the class.

What about Cormier?
he's done, no?
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

laxrules wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:18 pm

The problem is that people are questioning why and how boyden fits in. I am pretty sure the critics on here are being less of trying to offer how "it will work" more than they are saying how/why "it won't work"...I am sure that they will figure it out. The comments on here are pretty ridiculous at times. A bunch of wannabe coaches. Also the point of a fan forum is about being a fan not a GM/Coach!
it's about being a fan - i don't see how it's outlandish wondering how another supremely talented player is going to fit in a d1 powerhouse with TONS of offensive talent. guess we'll agree to disagree
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

Njlaxx11 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:22 pm

it's about being a fan - i don't see how it's outlandish wondering how another supremely talented player is going to fit in a d1 powerhouse with TONS of offensive talent. guess we'll agree to disagree
There are lots of tufts parents on this site. They seem to get upset when anyone suggests there could be great players at any other college.

I was watching naptown classic today and they mentioned the 2025 number one prospect is already committed to uva (I think he is doing 11th grade again since he is already committed??). That will give uva the #1 rated kid from 2023, 2024, and now 2025.

I don’t care who’s else transferred into UVA, they are stacked for the future.
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

Laxattackjack wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:38 pm
Njlaxx11 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:22 pm

There are lots of tufts parents on this site. They seem to get upset when anyone suggests there could be great players at any other college.

I was watching naptown classic today and they mentioned the 2025 number one prospect is already committed to uva (I think he is doing 11th grade again since he is already committed??). That will give uva the #1 rated kid from 2023, 2024, and now 2025.

I don’t care who’s else transferred into UVA, they are stacked for the future.
2025's can't commit til 9/1. coaches aren't even allowed to contact them before that.
laxrules

Post by laxrules »

He committed as a 2024 and reclassified and now is a 2025.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

laxrules wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:12 pm He committed as a 2024 and reclassified and now is a 2025.
That is what I am thinking happened. Just curious why? He was a junior last year. UVA (top academic school) already recruited him. He was a top prospect, so could possibly get lots of athletic and academic money. Wonder why he reclassified?
letitfly

Post by letitfly »

Laxattackjack wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:38 pm
Interesting...who? They're all over social media but it seems like there are some worse (and louder) groups in here.
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

Njlaxx11 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:19 pm

What about Cormier?
he's done, no?
Medical Redshirt 2019 and Covid Redshirt 2020.

Insane box player and wasn't drafted in the NLL- I assume that's because he has another year and didn't want to lose eligibility. Plus, he didnt get drafted in the PLL. Not a big fan of his (field) game but he puts up enough goals to get drafted.
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

GaitsRightHand wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:02 am

What about Cormier?
he's done, no?

Insane box player and wasn't drafted in the NLL- I assume that's because he has another year and didn't want to lose eligibility. Plus, he didnt get drafted in the PLL. Not a big fan of his (field) game but he puts up enough goals to get drafted.
then that works out even better - boyden, cormier and shellenberger
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

Njlaxx11 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:09 am

What about Cormier?
he's done, no?

Agreed. With Mencke coming out the box.

Graduated McConvey, Garno, and Conners. Still have Schutz, Miezan, McIntosh.. But, they'll need some more options from the midfield.
shorelax12

Post by shorelax12 »

Laxattackjack wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:27 pm
laxrules wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:12 pm He committed as a 2024 and reclassified and now is a 2025.
That is what I am thinking happened. Just curious why? He was a junior last year. UVA (top academic school) already recruited him. He was a top prospect, so could possibly get lots of athletic and academic money. Wonder why he reclassified?
Not that unusual at the D1 level, and becoming pretty normal. UVA does not need him right now, so kid transfers to prep school and reclasses, or does a PG year, also gives the kid another year to develop.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

Tactful Lax wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:38 pm Kevin Rogers was the 2020 division 3 national player of the year and then transferred to High Point. He now plays for the Chrome in the PLL
Rogers was/is an awesome player, but just to be that guy...there was no NPOY in 2020. Inside Lacrosse did an article as a good gesture for kids whose years/careers were being cut short by a season that basically didn't even get off the ground. Not sure they've done that in any other year, couldn't find anything on the website.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

GaitsRightHand wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:25 am

What about Cormier?
he's done, no?

Graduated McConvey, Garno, and Conners. Still have Schutz, Miezan, McIntosh.. But, they'll need some more options from the midfield.
Ryan Colsey has to be on the field this spring, maybe he runs out of the box. At most schools getting red shirted means the staff think you need some seasoning before you play, at UVA they often these days do it for the recruits they think most highly of. Colsey is going to be a star. Of course, the team is full of stars. Love Boyden but it will be tough to see a lot of field time. He is a better player than Mullane certainly but going to a team with many more offensive weapons and Mullane didn’t make a ripple at Maryland. As an aside, it is always funny when someone goes off on how many Tufts fans there are on FanLax. There are certainly a number of NESCAC fans, who will support Tufts, or any other NESCAC team, if they are playing for a title, but there are really very few out and out Tufts fans.
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

pcowlax wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:29 pm
GaitsRightHand wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:25 am

What about Cormier?
he's done, no?

Ryan Colsey has to be on the field this spring, maybe he runs out of the box. At most schools getting red shirted means the staff think you need some seasoning before you play, at UVA they often these days do it for the recruits they think most highly of. Colsey is going to be a star. Of course, the team is full of stars. Love Boyden but it will be tough to see a lot of field time. He is a better player than Mullane certainly but going to a team with many more offensive weapons and Mullane didn’t make a ripple at Maryland. As an aside, it is always funny when someone goes off on how many Tufts fans there are on FanLax. There are certainly a number of NESCAC fans, who will support Tufts, or any other NESCAC team, if they are playing for a title, but there are really very few out and out Tufts fans.
Oh yeah! I forgot about Colsey. Definitely will be a guy seeing some time or at least fighting for some.

Speaking of redshirtting freshman studs- Joey Terenzi 2way mid from (Manhasset IL #3 freshman) will be a force the next 4 years. Lars says he reminds him of Ryan Conrad.
Duckdad

Post by Duckdad »

ALaudico7 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:57 pm D1

Bellarmine: Kaleb Russell (A) -> Stevenson (D3)
Lafayette: James Turco (FO) -> Babson (D3)
Hobart: Kevin Holtby (G) -> Stevens (D3)
Merrimack: Jake McCarthy (FO) -> Salisbury
Marquette: Chris Kirschner (M) -> Stevens (D3)
D3

Amherst: Brock Gonzalez -> Duke, Tanyr Krummenacher (A) -> Rutgers
Bowdoin: Ethan Barnard (FO), Zack Goorno (M)
Christopher Newport: Cambell Pozin (M) -> High Point
Conn. College: Jack Venturelli (D)
Dickinson: Seamus McCloskey (D) -> Jacksonville
Gettysburg: Zach Puckhaber (D) -> Syracuse, George Raymond (A)
Hamilton: Seamus Fagan (G) -> Rutgers
Hampden-Sydney: Nick Morgan (D) -> UNC
Lynchburg: Chris Darminio (LSM) -> Jacksonville
Muhlenberg: James Dalimonte (M) -> Penn State, Max May (G) -> Hofstra, Connor Riebling (SSDM) -> Monmouth
Salisbury: Zach Timmons (D)
Scranton: Chris Crapanzano (M) -> Albany
Southern Virginia: Carter Bean (M)
St. Lawrence: Joe Scarfi (D) -> Penn State
Transylvania: Dalton Hubbs (M) -> Jacksonville
Tufts: Kyle Adelmann (D), Jack Boyden (A), Mason Kohn (FO) -> Syracuse
Union: Jack Titus (M) -> Syracuse
Washington and Lee: Harris Hubbard (D) -> Rutgers
Washington College: Ewan Temple (A) -> Merrimack
Wesleyan: Nolan Collins (D), Matthew Gill (A)
West Conn: Trey Aronow (M) -> Jacksonville
Williams: Matthew Freitas (G)

Key
* in the portal for 2025 season
# undergraduate Transfer
BOLD = most recent update
ALaudico7

Post by ALaudico7 »

Added Boyden to Virginia, Garofalo to Boston and Burleson to Trinity

D1

Bellarmine: Kaleb Russell (A) -> Stevenson
Lafayette: James Turco (FO) -> Babson
Hobart: Kevin Holtby (G) -> Stevens
Marquette: Chris Kirschner (M) -> Stevens
UMBC: Davis Burleson (A) -> Trinity

D3

Franklin & Marshall: Tommy Garofalo (A) -> Boston
Muhlenberg: James Dalimonte (M) -> Penn State, Max May (G) -> Hofstra, Connor Riebling (SSDM) -> Monmouth
Tufts: Kyle Adelmann (D), Jack Boyden (A) -> Virginia, Mason Kohn (FO) -> Syracuse

Key
# undergraduate Transfer
Duckdad

Post by Duckdad »

ALaudico7 wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:14 pm Added Boyden to Virginia, Garofalo to Boston and Burleson to Trinity

Also Kirschner and DiChristina to Stevens

D1

Bellarmine: Kaleb Russell (A) -> Stevenson
Lafayette: James Turco (FO) -> Babson
Hobart: Kevin Holtby (G) -> Stevens
Marquette: Chris Kirschner (M) -> Stevens
UMBC: Davis Burleson (A) -> Trinity
Siena: Sam DiChristina (D) -> Stevens

D3

Franklin & Marshall: Tommy Garofalo (A) -> Boston
Tufts: Kyle Adelmann (D), Jack Boyden (A) -> Virginia, Mason Kohn (FO) -> Syracuse

Key
# undergraduate Transfer

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”