Syracuse 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Matnum PI

Re: Syracuse 2022

Post by Matnum PI »

In theory, and I'm not saying they will, but, in theory, the AD and Gary could insist that Petro wear a Hooters uniform at all times. They could. Just 'cause it's orange and they want to get a feel for Petro's commitment to his new team.

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

45wewantmore wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:44 pmGary wants to bring back the excitement to the Dome, he wants 20K+ crowds
Win with style. Who doesn't want this...?

PS Great about Petro's weight. Health matters.
Last edited by Matnum PI on Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caddy Day
45wewantmore

Post by 45wewantmore »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:39 pm Is it possible that SU hired Petro so they could humiliate him? Like, on the sidelines, they'll let him do his job but he'll have to wear the Otto the Orange outfit. Stuff like that. I don't think SU hired him to do this but do you think it's possible?
No

Gary & Dave have been rivals for 30+ years, they have also been friends with mutual respect for 20+ years

"Game recognizes Game"

I like Petro the player a lot more than Petro the Head Coach at JHU

But Petro the DC is a very exciting prospect to bring all that knowledge, experience & competitiveness into an Asst Coach role.

It may not be for long but enjoy the ride

"The Stars that burn brightest burn for the shortest time"
45wewantmore

Post by 45wewantmore »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:50 pm
45wewantmore wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:44 pmGary wants to bring back the excitement to the Dome, he wants 20K+ crowds
I remember Gary & Paul being on local radio regularly when still players at Syracuse, getting out into the community and promoting upcoming games.

I have met so many people who have underestimated Paul & Gary as just big strong dumb Canucks, as they spoke slower and more retrospectively with an accent than fast talking, say nottin' know nottin' New Yawkers

Of all the skills Gary brought to lacrosse being Bigger / Stronger / Faster was his least influential

He has been a proven winner at all levels since being coached by Ron McNeil as a 12yr old where Paul & Gary were the 2nd best set of twins on his own team, on his own street
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

DocBarrister wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:37 pm
wgdsr wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:27 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:20 pm
wgdsr wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:06 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:04 pm
wgdsr wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:53 pm
OCanada wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:19 pm Petro had a more difficult tine with this issue after the administration change. As a reminder cuse couldn’t get the Thompsons in so they went to Albany.
hey ocanada. know you love my replies. what does this post mean, couldn't decipher.
I believe... Petro had a more difficult time with not being able to get athletes into JHU after the administration change. As a reminder, Syracuse couldn’t get the Thompsons into Syracuse with their imperfect grades/SAT scores/etc. so instead they went to Albany.
i mean, yeah, that's what he said. i have zero idea how one relates to the other relates to now versus then, etc.
I think he is saying that petro can recruit a bit more unconstrained at cuse, which may help his mojo.
so explain his 2nd sentence????!!!
Are you sure you can read?

Illiteracy is nothing to be ashamed of. Well, it is … but ya know what I mean (or maybe not).

DocBarrister ;)
dude, stfu.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

45wewantmore wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:04 pm
I remember Gary & Paul being on local radio regularly when still players at Syracuse, getting out into the community and promoting upcoming games.

I have met so many people who have underestimated Paul & Gary as just big strong dumb Canucks, as they spoke slower and more retrospectively with an accent than fast talking, say nottin' know nottin' New Yawkers

Of all the skills Gary brought to lacrosse being Bigger / Stronger / Faster was his least influential

He has been a proven winner at all levels since being coached by Ron McNeil as a 12yr old where Paul & Gary were the 2nd best set of twins on his own team, on his own street
gary (and paul's) success in the lacrosse world has generally been cutting edge. especially as a lot has been on the girls' side.

the bigger, faster, stronger i think you're underestimating, though.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

45wewantmore wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:55 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:39 pm Is it possible that SU hired Petro so they could humiliate him? Like, on the sidelines, they'll let him do his job but he'll have to wear the Otto the Orange outfit. Stuff like that. I don't think SU hired him to do this but do you think it's possible?
No

Gary & Dave have been rivals for 30+ years, they have also been friends with mutual respect for 20+ years

"Game recognizes Game"

I like Petro the player a lot more than Petro the Head Coach at JHU

But Petro the DC is a very exciting prospect to bring all that knowledge, experience & competitiveness into an Asst Coach role.

It may not be for long but enjoy the ride

"The Stars that burn brightest burn for the shortest time"
they've been friends and teammates going back 30 years. maybe some only know what happened in college.
45wewantmore

Post by 45wewantmore »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:08 pmthe bigger, faster, stronger i think you're underestimating, though.
I fully appreciate their BFS factor but personally believe the other less tangible skills to have a more determinate impact on their long term success.

"The lights are on and there is somebody home" they evaluate, analyse every aspect of the game all the time

why are players or teams successful?

What can they incorporate into their game, team, business going forward?

:ugeek:
sholokov2

Post by sholokov2 »

DMac wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:20 pm In '88 Cuse beat Hop 19-7, game was played at Homewood, didn't see that one.
The two opened up with each other again in '89, again at Homewood, went to that one. I had never see anyone contain Gary the way Petro did that day. He was just incredible and every bit the D man he was said to be. A very intense and talented D man who was just a beast. I figured it was just a matter of time before Gary started doing Gary things as there's no way anyone is going to keep him under control for sixty minutes. I was wrong about that, Hop won that one 14-13...pretty unbelievable considering that '88 team had gone undefeated. The two met again in College Park for all the marbles that year, went to that one too. This is the one some have claimed was the greatest game ever played (not so...a very good one, yes) but it was no different than their first meeting except Cuse squeaked by Hop 13-12 that day. A combined 26-26 tie for the two games. Petro absolutely contained Gary that day too, was unbelievable. I think Gary scored one that day, can't remember what he did in their first meeting but it would be considered far from his usual performances. Petro was crazy good (so was Gary).
Damn good to hear from you, been a while.

thanks Dmac. I thought then that Petro was the best all-round player I had ever seen, so your great post confirmed my impression. I spend more time on the SU forum where I provoke everybody to tears, but I could not miss the excitement about GG and Petro which I knew would have emerged over here. /quote]
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

Is he a Hopkins sleeper agent to destabilize Cuse from the inside? Many people are wondering
DMac

Post by DMac »

I think it's more likely he's there to stick it in Hop's asz.
Also think he's there cuz he wants to be and is excited about it.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:05 pm
OCanada wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:19 pm Petro had a more difficult tine with this issue after the administration change. As a reminder cuse couldn’t get the Thompsons in so they went to Albany.
hey ocanada. know you love my replies. what does this post mean, couldn't decipher.
I believe... Petro had a more difficult time with not being able to get athletes into JHU after the administration change. As a reminder, Syracuse couldn’t get the Thompsons into Syracuse with their imperfect grades/SAT scores/etc. so instead they went to Albany.
i mean, yeah, that's what he said. i have zero idea how one relates to the other relates to now versus then, etc.
I think he is saying that petro can recruit a bit more unconstrained at cuse, which may help his mojo.

Illiteracy is nothing to be ashamed of. Well, it is … but ya know what I mean (or maybe not).

DocBarrister ;)
dude, stfu.
wgdsr,

+1000

You speak for a lot of people when you say that. Your dealing with nothing more than a cartoon caricature :lol:

Joe
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Indeed it does but if he actually lost 60 pounds in 8 weeks that is almost less healthy than keeping on the weight. A pound a day is not healthy or sustainable. Maybe just an exaggeration though.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DocBarrister wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:22 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:02 am If you guys pick up Jason Knox I’m literally going to firebomb the dome...
I reported your post to the local FBI office on South Clinton Street.

The guy at the desk responded, “Is that a threat or a promise?”

Apparently, the local G-men are no fans of the Dome.

DocBarrister ;)
A promise.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

jrn19 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:48 pmIs he a Hopkins sleeper agent to destabilize Cuse from the inside? Many people are wondering
Wow. *That* is entirely possible. So under the Otto suit, he's wearing a full-on Bluejay outfit and doing espionage types of stuff. Whoa. That's totally possible...
Caddy Day
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:54 pm
wgdsr wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:05 pm

DocBarrister ;)
dude, stfu.
wgdsr,

+1000

You speak for a lot of people when you say that. Your dealing with nothing more than a cartoon caricature :lol:

Joe
Do you two often spew expletives at “cartoon caricatures”?

If so, then you might need some counseling.

Just sayin’ ….

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

wdgsr is still upset he couldn’t bury the events at UVA. Which were more troubling than have been discussed.

He will continue to troll. I expect it
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

OCanada wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:35 am wdgsr is still upset he couldn’t bury the events at UVA. Which were more troubling than have been discussed.

He will continue to troll. I expect it
bury what events, i might ask?

i asked you an honest question, ocanada. doc decided to troll, which is fine. i get to reply. so what were you attempting to say?
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

60 lbs in 8 weeks. Good for him!

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”