Maryland
73%
Duke
27%

Total votes: 51

wgdsr

Re: Maryland vs Duke

Post by wgdsr »

Kikin wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:05 pm This is truly unbelieveable. Md on another level. Wow Rutgers and Hopkins were better then Duke on any day this year. Michigan and Ohio State would likely give Duke a game. And Jared B, well, he is Superman!
notre dame would've been 9 and 1 in the b1g if they had just joined a few years ago.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

Rumor I heard was that ND did not actually join the ACC for lacrosse.

The ACC allowed ND Football to retain their NBC contract and ease into an ACC football schedule.
The B1G was rumored to be less flexible.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

44WeWantMore wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:28 pm Rumor I heard was that ND did not actually join the ACC for lacrosse.

The ACC allowed ND Football to retain their NBC contract and ease into an ACC football schedule.
The B1G was rumored to be less flexible.
the acc lacrosse invitation was too tempting.
Lax1887

Post by Lax1887 »

Duke, Welcome to the Big Ten. Maryland
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Game went about as I thought it could go. Match up on Monday will be good. Good luck both sides.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
RumorMill

Post by RumorMill »

Congrats to Maryland, whole team. Bernhardt, excellent. But come on, real story is McNaney! 17 saves, 81%! Game over!
Cno3putts

Post by Cno3putts »

Many said McNaney was the weak link in MD defense. Wow what an amazing link.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

keno in reno wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:33 pm This will likely move bernhardt up to a more solid 3rd in the Tewaaraton voting
Post of the day!
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

"Maryland has a disadvantage in the goal and at the face-off."

<MJ I Took It Personally gif>
a fan

Post by a fan »

wgdsr wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:35 pm
RURICK wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:21 pm Can't wait to see the posts following the Maryland-duke game. The biggest insult to Maryland and the big ten was giving undefeated maryland the #3 seed in the tourney when they were undefeated and #1 in most polls. Again, i stand by my original statements prior to the tourney. Maryland, Rutgers, and the Big Ten as a whole were disrespected and underrated all year. Maybe, this tourney will end the ACC domination talk and the automatic placement of every ACC into the tourney to grab 5 of the 8 at large berths. The Big Ten and the ACC are more equal than most fans are willing to admit.
please continue to post.
I'm certainly enjoying all the Big Ten posters deciding that since the Big Ten and the ACC didn't play each other this season, that this was the perfect time to puff up their chest, and tell everyone how swell every Big Ten team is compared to the ACC.

Forgetting, naturally, that all the Big Ten teams save one is at home, watching the games on TV like the rest of us breasts. But why let silly details like that get in the way of a great story....
NYterp09

Post by NYterp09 »

a fan wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:10 pm
RURICK wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:21 pm Can't wait to see the posts following the Maryland-duke game. The biggest insult to Maryland and the big ten was giving undefeated maryland the #3 seed in the tourney when they were undefeated and #1 in most polls. Again, i stand by my original statements prior to the tourney. Maryland, Rutgers, and the Big Ten as a whole were disrespected and underrated all year. Maybe, this tourney will end the ACC domination talk and the automatic placement of every ACC into the tourney to grab 5 of the 8 at large berths. The Big Ten and the ACC are more equal than most fans are willing to admit.
please continue to post.
I'm certainly enjoying all the Big Ten posters deciding that since the Big Ten and the ACC didn't play each other this season, that this was the perfect time to puff up their chest, and tell everyone how swell every Big Ten team is compared to the ACC.

Forgetting, naturally, that all the Big Ten teams save one is at home, watching the games on TV like the rest of us breasts. But why let silly details like that get in the way of a great story....
I don’t think you’re making nearly as good of a point as you think you are...
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

please continue to post.

All the B1G teams were good this year ... not a bad team among them by the end of the season.

You need to come to terms with that fact. Only then will you earn some credibility again.

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

NYterp09 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:24 pm
please continue to post.

+1

DocBarrister :)
@DocBarrister
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

please continue to post.

It is the old transitive law. So, RU and JHU played UMD close (especially JHU the second time), and Duke did not, so therefore RU and JHU should have been able to beat Duke. RU essentially was equal to UNC, JHU beat RU in the B1G playoffs, so JHU would have been competitive in the NCAAs.

Problem with the transitive law (I posted this elsewhere): SU thumps UVA, GT thumps SU, UVA thumps GT. These things happen. First, "any given day" and second, match-ups matter.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

44WeWantMore wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:40 pm
please continue to post.

It is the old transitive law. So, RU and JHU played UMD close (especially JHU the second time), and Duke did not, so therefore RU and JHU should have been able to beat Duke. RU essentially was equal to UNC, JHU beat RU in the B1G playoffs, so JHU would have been competitive in the NCAAs.

Problem with the transitive law (I posted this elsewhere): SU thumps UVA, GT thumps SU, UVA thumps GT. These things happen. First, "any given day" and second, match-ups matter.
Near the end of the season, both Hopkins and Rutgers were top-ten quality teams. They would have given any team in the quarterfinals and beyond a competitive game ... which Rutgers proved and which Hopkins didn’t have a chance to.

It is what it is. But anyone who doubts the quality of the B1G conference this season hasn’t been paying attention. I think the high quality of competition in the B1G is one reason Maryland is doing so well.

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
RURICK

Post by RURICK »

Doc, your last paragraph says all one needs to know about this lacrosse season.
Chousnake

Post by Chousnake »

Why does every thread on this forum end up as a discussion about Hopkins? It's ridiculous. Is it any wonder every fanbase roots against them? You guys have the most active page in the forum. Talk about Hopkins there. Please stop with the Hopkins beat team X (or played them close), team X beat team Y and team Y beat team Z, so Hopkins would beat teams Y and Z and therefore was one of the best teams in D1. Those comparisons are absurd.
a fan

Post by a fan »

please continue to post.

I'm not?

So why didn't we see three BigTen teams in the Final Four, instead of three ACC teams?

You and Doc have wild speculation.

I'm just looking at the ol' scoreboard. Win first. Then brag.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

a fan wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:20 pm
please continue to post.

I'm not?

So why didn't we see three BigTen teams in the Final Four, instead of three ACC teams?

Overall, during the regular season, Johns Hopkins was the worst team in the B1G.

Now ... watch that horrible Hopkins team in their final two games against the same Maryland team that just destroyed Duke. You can’t watch those two games and not conclude that Hopkins had become one of the better teams in the country.

Just shows that the B1G had good teams from top (Maryland) to bottom (Hopkins).

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
NYterp09

Post by NYterp09 »

a fan wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:20 pm
please continue to post.

I'm not?

I don’t think I’ve really speculated about anything, but to answer your question: obvious bias from the national media and the selection committee is a big reason why the ACC was so heavily featured in the semis. The B1G playing a conference only schedule, with a potentially historically-great team and another very good team at the top, meant the other four teams were basically spotted four losses each. So of course they all ended up with losing records. You and most everyone else took that to be proof that the conference was weak and never legitimately considered the pretty likely possibility that Maryland and Rutgers were just that good.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”