UNC at Duke

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Typical Lax Dad

Re: UNC at Duke

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:04 pm and yet uva is behind only... <checks notes>... the irish in percentage assisted goals. 3-4% above share-the-ball org's cuse, duke and unc.

saw an awful lot of iso last night on a track that begged for cuts and ball movement.... hmmm.
Can’t pass it and shoot it.....I would have had a helluva lot more assists if guys could shoot!
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:13 pm
Could OSU/PSU/Hop/Mich do much vs. the rest of the ACC? The only possibilty would be OSU and I doubt that with their goaltending this year along with limited offensive depth. The point is after #2, the delta is meaningful this year between the two conferences. Not to mention everyone who wants to discount Denver (UNC/Duke wins) and Army (UVA win). If we call Syracuse #3 and UVA #4 then pit Cuse/OSU and UVA/Hop and what's the record out of ten games in this season? 8-2 or 7-3 I would guess (if not wider disparity)
From what I've seen this year?

UNC, MD, Duke
----
Cuse, Rutgers
----
UVA, ND, OSU
----
PSU, JHU, Michigan

I don't think PSU, JHU, or Michigan could beat UVA. I could see ND dropping a random game to one of the three bottom B1G teams.

IMO, the team that gets the least love is Rutgers. That's a really good team; definitely Quarterfinal Round-type of team. They just don't have a ton of depth, but their starting 10 is really good.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Wheels wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:14 pm
wgdsr wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:04 pm and yet uva is behind only... <checks notes>... the irish in percentage assisted goals. 3-4% above share-the-ball org's cuse, duke and unc.

saw an awful lot of iso last night on a track that begged for cuts and ball movement.... hmmm.
I know...I'm the ONLY person who thinks that UVA doesn't move the ball enough. Their offense is a model of ball movement. I stand correct and am ashamed for my insolence.
didn't say you were wrong. or that you weren't following the narrative, you're obviously on it.

just wondering why other teams have different shoe sizes. it's weird.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:14 pm

Can’t pass it and shoot it.....I would have had a helluva lot more assists if guys could shoot!
no kidding. almost don't want to call them teammates. like they were out to get me, cutting off their nose to spite their face.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:49 pm

no kidding. almost don't want to call them teammates. like they were out to get me, cutting off their nose to spite their face.
Did you ever hear Allen Iverson’s rationale as to why he shouldn’t be criticized for shooting so much?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:55 pm

Did you ever hear Allen Iverson’s rationale as to why he shouldn’t be criticized for shooting so much?
no, but i'm sure it's good!
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:31 pm

Sitting in a press conference he said something like “I am the point guard...how can I shoot too much.”...? “I bring it up and pass it to Aaron McKie and he passes it to Snow or someone else....if it comes back to me, they had their chance to shoot it!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:37 pm

Sitting in a press conference he said something like “I am the point guard...how can I shoot too much.”...? “I bring it up and pass it to Aaron McKie and he passes it to Snow or someone else....if it comes back to me, they had their chance to shoot it!”
he was the best!!!
i thought this was interesting:
https://www.basketballforum.com/threads ... ts.189111/
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:52 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:37 pm

he was the best!!!
i thought this was interesting:
https://www.basketballforum.com/threads ... ts.189111/
Allen’s logic would be nobody else should shoot it then...while smoking a joint....I wish he had gone by his real nickname while in the league.
NElaxtalent

Post by NElaxtalent »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:21 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:16 pm
wgdsr wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:12 pm can a ref clarily that? did he not dive so landing in crease doesn't matter? can't replay.
I think they're calling that he was pushed into the crease.

Apparently O'Neill adjusted the scope in his stick during halftime.
i thought he was "diving", too. doesn't matter if he was pushed in that case at least. goal should be wiped. not sure if "not diving" would mean clean goal if pushed, but by the fact they allowed it i would guess so.
Exactly. By the (misguided) rule, f you follow the written rule, it doesn't matter if you are pushed or not, NO GOAL despite the obvious push.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

NElaxtalent wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:47 pm
wgdsr wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:21 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:16 pm
wgdsr wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:12 pm can a ref clarily that? did he not dive so landing in crease doesn't matter? can't replay.
I think they're calling that he was pushed into the crease.

Apparently O'Neill adjusted the scope in his stick during halftime.
i thought he was "diving", too. doesn't matter if he was pushed in that case at least. goal should be wiped. not sure if "not diving" would mean clean goal if pushed, but by the fact they allowed it i would guess so.
Exactly. By the (misguided) rule, f you follow the written rule, it doesn't matter if you are pushed or not, NO GOAL despite the obvious push.
don't really agree on an obvious push, either.
@ 1 minute
https://mobile.twitter.com/UNCMensLacro ... 7295145984
defender came from the side and anderson ducked and turned. contact was still looking to send him to the endline.
anderson then slipped under and launched himself, again not on the same vector as contact. he does give him a shove from behind at the end.

the rule's messed up. and very difficult in real time on a lot of plays.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

I like Lehigh over Md! Cream puff City. It’s bad enough when you have to hear the Maryland is playing Nebraska in hoops at 9pm on a Weds . Right now Big10 is the third best Conference

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”