ODAC lax season is on

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Dehuntshigwa’es

Re: ODAC lax season is on

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:13 pm I did mix up HSC man up. Not seeing the game the stats appeared that CNU D must have been really good. Thanks for the color. There’s time to clean it up before ODAC’s.
LYN let down and got to loose in 2-3rd quarters. Lots of SSDM and long poles breaking and taking shots. Coach K started rotating a 2nd line attack in the 2nd and seemed frustrated / out of sorts in the 3rd but credit the boys from Buena Vista’s defense and excellent goalie play (19 saves). Can’t remember seeing as many shots hitting pipes in a game..

LYN has Salisbury visiting next Saturday. LYN has excellent Poles, SSDMs and 2 LSM’s but won’t hold the gulls to 8.. They certainly won’t score 18 against the gulls and 1-6 man up won’t get it done. Will predict a physical game..
Heard the Gulls handled Drexel. Thinking the Gulls throw a smack down on what is probably a very strong Bug team.
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Typically D3 scrimmage D1 1st and 2nd years after starters scrimmage another D1 program.. This year LYN saw starters @ UVA and High Point but never advertised the score... I saw the Salisbury thread. If they handled their starters 13-5 that’s just Wow...
jusreLaxin

Post by jusreLaxin »

It was their starters. Next weekend home again against Towson.
Fandadof3laxers

Post by Fandadof3laxers »

Is Cabrini allowing fans at games? Searched their site and wasn’t able to find it (today anyway). Another school looking to add them to schedule for some new holes that came up. I’d like to be able to watch it in person if it happens.
Slim

Post by Slim »

The LSN broadcast of the Salisbury v Lynchburg game is abysmal! Embarrassing for the network production of one of the biggest D3 games in country
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

Slim wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:21 pm The LSN broadcast of the Salisbury v Lynchburg game is abysmal! Embarrassing for the network production of one of the biggest D3 games in country
Agreed! Unfortunately it’s unwatchable.... what a shame.
Nothinbutthelax

Yes.. embarrassing 😡
Don’t know why it isn’t broadcast from top of stands? Maybe Covid..
7-6 Hornets.. How bout Dat?
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

Nosey Ned wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:24 pm
Slim wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:21 pm The LSN broadcast of the Salisbury v Lynchburg game is abysmal! Embarrassing for the network production of one of the biggest D3 games in country
Agreed! Unfortunately it’s unwatchable.... what a shame.
Looks like the freezing issue has been fixed!
Nothinbutthelax

8-7 Hornets
After 0-6 in FOs to start we’re winning our share.
11:00 left in 4th
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

The live stream issues were more than likely LSN's fault. Like take for example the several times where the stream went to an LSN commercial during the middle of live play, those aren't the mistakes the Lynchburg crew makes for any of their non-LSN broadcasts, which is every other sport.
ShoreThingMD

Post by ShoreThingMD »

thescottharris wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:06 pm The live stream issues were more than likely LSN's fault. Like take for example the several times where the stream went to an LSN commercial during the middle of live play, those aren't the mistakes the Lynchburg crew makes for any of their non-LSN broadcasts, which is every other sport.
Congrats to Lyncburg and thankfully I am not alone in this... I literally was doing internet speed tests and then hardwired and realized it wasn't me. Really unfortunate broadcast, but a great W for the hornets. Best of luck the rest of the way and hope we cross paths again.
NJlaxfan88

Post by NJlaxfan88 »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:13 pm I did mix up HSC man up. Not seeing the game the stats appeared that CNU D must have been really good. Thanks for the color. There’s time to clean it up before ODAC’s.
LYN let down and got to loose in 2-3rd quarters. Lots of SSDM and long poles breaking and taking shots. Coach K started rotating a 2nd line attack in the 2nd and seemed frustrated / out of sorts in the 3rd but credit the boys from Buena Vista’s defense and excellent goalie play (19 saves). Can’t remember seeing as many shots hitting pipes in a game..

LYN has Salisbury visiting next Saturday. LYN has excellent Poles, SSDMs and 2 LSM’s but won’t hold the gulls to 8.. They certainly won’t score 18 against the gulls and 1-6 man up won’t get it done. Will predict a physical game..
Hmm.. they didn’t score 18 but ...
Dehuntshigwa’es

What a game by Lynchburg, they never quit. I’ve been saying the Gulls would waltz thru D3 this year. The Gulls have been known to drop some early season games over the years but I truly thought this was a all star cast. I think they have positional players of the year all over. Great lburg win, maybe they’ll meet again
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:31 pm What a game by Lynchburg, they never quit. I’ve been saying the Gulls would waltz thru D3 this year. The Gulls have been known to drop some early season games over the years but I truly thought this was a all star cast. I think they have positional players of the year all over. Great lburg win, maybe they’ll meet again
It was a big win for Lynchburg and they certainly played outstanding, but that did not look like one of the Salisbury teams that is going to be steamrolling opponents in the future. Considering the talent the Gulls were supposed to be returning, that was an uninspiring performance. Of course for the vast majority of D3 teams that would have been a pretty damn good performance given the opponent, but alas this is Salisbury, and we've come to expect a virtual all-star team.
Nothinbutthelax

LYN Defense performed as expected. Team played clean with no penalties, Tentative and tight early but settled down. 5th year Tyler Gallagher #26 is a 1st team AA hands down. Goalie Patrick Moore was highly touted by Coach K coming in and showed great poise today. Missing SSDM starter #4 Robinson, perhaps the fastest SSDM #17 Sr. Riley Schmidt...no problem, Sr. O middie #6 Neives also recovering from injury and didn’t play. 5th year attackman #10 Trammel Robinson ran middie today and may have found a home in front of the cage.
Maybe scrimmages vs. UVA and High point 1s and 2 games gave LYN an edge allowing them to fix a few things. It’s a long season and Salisbury learns from this loss and film but this deep and talented Lynchburg team improves too..I suspect these teams meet again.
JBFortunato

Post by JBFortunato »

That was a huge win for LYN, and for the ODAC. Good on them, happy to see the ODAC get some well deserved attention.

It will be interesting to see whether W&L can give LYN a run, because at this point it doesn't appear that any other ODAC team can do so. W&L has four games in 10 days beginning on Wednesday, so we'll have a sense of how strong they are shortly. HSC looks pretty good, but not LYN good, Randolph-Macon got beat by Washington College on Saturday, and Roanoke got smoked by CN for the third straight year - if 'Noke doesn't try some different looks and different personnel they may be in trouble.

That W&L - LYN home and home on April 2/3 is looming large.
Nothinbutthelax

Looking forward to seeing W&L. I suspect they have their eye on the back to back weekend with LYN and will be up for it.
Not looking past Guilford but the away game vs CNU is a big test. CNU is well coached and done a fantastic job recruits and developing players.
LYN now the hunted.
2laxers

Post by 2laxers »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:26 pm Yes.. embarrassing 😡
Don’t know why it isn’t broadcast from top of stands? Maybe Covid..
7-6 Hornets.. How bout Dat?
They are enclosing the pavilion on the top of the stands for the new video board so it is under construction right now. Should be done sometime in April so the viewing angle should get better.
Nothinbutthelax

Thanks 2. Our Alumni$ at work. Wake fieldhouse Renovation up next🙏
Thought it was LSN choice. It does highlight the campus a bit but missing the action on bench side of field.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Bridgewater!!!! Great game winning it with a goal with about 1 minute left only to be waived off for a crease violation not by the shooter????? I didn’t see anyone near that crease but I’m sure the ref saw someone before the shot was taken. Noke wins in with 11 seconds. Great game by Bridgewater

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”