The Democrats, Its Past, Present and Future Direction

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
OCanada

Re: The Democrats, Its Past, Present and Future Direction

Post by OCanada »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 12:08 pm The readers of this forum are always kept up to date about skeevy Republican behavior. I just read a blurb on my Chinese run NewsBreak app that mentions this little tidbit. Nancy Pelosis' husband ditched 500 grand of his Visa stock 2 months before the DoJ launches their investigation for VISA allegedly monopolizing the credit card industry. Nancy's old man sure has great instincts knowing when it is time to dump a stock. Why a cynical person might look at that as insider trading. I thought politicians and spouses of politicians didn't engage in those type of shenanigans? It is possible it was just good timing on the part of Mr Pelosi. ;)
The right wing smear press. A few years ago they tried to claim she sold Nvidia at convenient time. That was false but one of a long line of similar assertions. Her husband is an investment professional. He can do as he wants as long as it is not based on insider info. Interesting you ate reading Chinese stuff. There are patterns that investment professionals follow eg are key insiders selling etc. i have no idea here but until it is determined there was insider trading there is nothing there. Visa disclosed in 2021 it was being investigated by DOJ. This action will likely not have a huge impact on revenues and will probably not be resolved for years barring a settlement.

As to your app:
https://cybernews.com/news/newsbreak-ap ... na-linked/
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

OCanada wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 1:45 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 12:08 pm The readers of this forum are always kept up to date about skeevy Republican behavior. I just read a blurb on my Chinese run NewsBreak app that mentions this little tidbit. Nancy Pelosis' husband ditched 500 grand of his Visa stock 2 months before the DoJ launches their investigation for VISA allegedly monopolizing the credit card industry. Nancy's old man sure has great instincts knowing when it is time to dump a stock. Why a cynical person might look at that as insider trading. I thought politicians and spouses of politicians didn't engage in those type of shenanigans? It is possible it was just good timing on the part of Mr Pelosi. ;)
The right wing smear press. A few years ago they tried to claim she sold Nvidia at convenient time. That was false but one of a long line of similar assertions. Her husband is an investment professional. He can do as he wants as long as it is not based on insider info. Interesting you ate reading Chinese stuff. There are patterns that investment professionals foll :D ow eg are key insiders selling etc. i have no idea here but until it is determined there was insider trading there is nothing there. Visa disclosed in 2021 it was being investigated by DOJ. This action will likely not have a huge impact on revenues and will probably not be resolved for years barring a settlement.

As to your app:
The usual suspects ...maybe this forum needs a guest appearance by Merrick Garland to clear up the issue. :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 3:06 pm
The right wing smear press. A few years ago they tried to claim she sold Nvidia at convenient time. That was false but one of a long line of similar assertions. Her husband is an investment professional. He can do as he wants as long as it is not based on insider info. Interesting you ate reading Chinese stuff. There are patterns that investment professionals foll :D ow eg are key insiders selling etc. i have no idea here but until it is determined there was insider trading there is nothing there. Visa disclosed in 2021 it was being investigated by DOJ. This action will likely not have a huge impact on revenues and will probably not be resolved for years barring a settlement.

As to your app:
The usual suspects ...maybe this forum needs a guest appearance by Merrick Garland to clear up the issue. :D
You got taken for a ride on the Pelosi outrage story, which is normal for you. The DOJ has been investigating VISA for more than 3 years about this.

Her husband made the trade nearly 3 months before the lawsuit was filed after an earnings report where VISA posted bad quarterly earnings. He also sold at a dip, as VISA is doing better than when he sold. So it wasn't even necessarily a good trade.

The insider trading loophole is real, but this story is manufactured rage bait to get people like you angry and to say "both sides aroooo". And it gut hooked you.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 3:48 pm

As to your app:
You got taken for a ride on the Pelosi outrage story, which is normal for you. The DOJ has been investigating VISA for more than 3 years about this.

Her husband made the trade nearly 3 months before the lawsuit was filed after an earnings report where VISA posted bad quarterly earnings. He also sold at a dip, as VISA is doing better than when he sold. So it wasn't even necessarily a good trade.

The insider trading loophole is real, but this story is manufactured rage bait to get people like you angry and to say "both sides aroooo". And it gut hooked you.
Duuuuuh I stated he made the trade 2 months before. So how long was this DoJ investigation under way? How odd it is that you have an on off switch when it comes to curiosity. The Pelosis' like many other powerful politicians don't LOSE money while serving their country. So in your esteemed opinion there was nuttin hinky goin on here? Is that because Nancy said so? :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 4:19 pm

As to your app:

Duuuuuh I stated he made the trade 2 months before. So how long was this DoJ investigation under way? How odd it is that you have an on off switch when it comes to curiosity. The Pelosis' like many other powerful politicians don't LOSE money while serving their country. So in your esteemed opinion there was nuttin hinky goin on here? Is that because Nancy said so? :D
As i posted elsewhere Visa made a DOJ investigation announcement in 2021.

Nancy married her husband in 1963 and did not go to Congress until the 1980s. Her husband was already an established successful business man and investor by then. OMG imagine that. He did not need her to become successful.
Last edited by OCanada on Fri Sep 27, 2024 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 4:19 pm

This DOJ investigation was underway for 3+ years. I literally posted the story about that right above your quote.

You can also have a look yourself at when he traded and for how much. It's disclosed to the public, no listening to Nancy. https://www.capitoltrades.com/articles/ ... 2024-07-04

If he had insider trading, wouldn't he have waited until he had a better price?

I was indeed curious, so I actually investigated the details. If you were curious, why didn't you? You just trusted the first hit piece you saw? :roll:

Return to “POLITICS”