Fan poll this year?

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Turtles Lax

Fan poll this year?

Post by Turtles Lax »

Laxpower had a weekly fan-based poll that incorporated the astute observations of brilliant women’s lacrosse analysts...and TL. :lol:

Was some previous discussion herein of a similar poll this season if TL’s memory serves TL correctly.

What say you posters and the powers that be?

Peace, out.

TL
Dr. Tact

Re: Fan poll this year?

Post by Dr. Tact »

Yes... The Only Poll that Matters.

You'll have to drag UAO out of his bunker to run it....
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:46 pm Yes... The Only Poll that Matters.

That poll is still current among our threads, no?
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

wlaxnut wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:15 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:46 pm Yes... The Only Poll that Matters.

That poll is still current among our threads, no?
yep :mrgreen:
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'd be happy to help. i.e. You guys could do a poll however you'd like within this thread or e-mail to them or otherwise and then I could post it on the website both on the homepage as well as within a Rankings Page. Currently we just have the Computer Rankings but it's easy enough to expand this. Just tell me what you're thinking. Individual post-ers have weekly rankings and then a single post with these rankings (as well as a cumulative ranking which would be an average of all the rankings of sorts)? This way you could see the different opinions on one page. Or... Whatever you think.

PS We did some backstage work and we have a new and improved computer ranking system. (I actually like it a lot.) Anyway, I'd love to use your cumulative rankings as the "base" for the computer rankings. Which may not make sense right now but it will in a month or so. anyway, i'm happy to help. just let me know what you need/want.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

It was quite a crew, from whom I learned a ton about what to watch for, relative competition, etc.

Lucky Laxer, UAO, 2Pontificate, Lady Laker, JAP? You could recruit NJBill and others.
LaxGuy17

Post by LaxGuy17 »

Count me in
Turtles Lax

Happy to participate...

Post by Turtles Lax »

...if offered the opportunity.

TL was a pollster for 7 years in TOPTM if that is important.

For those considering, it involves more work than you likely imagine. Personally, most of the work was done Monday morning following the weekend games.

It was fun, to be sure, particularly writing and then reading the comments most posters added to their rankings.

Peace, out.

TL
admin
Site Admin

Re: Happy to participate...

Post by admin »

Turtles Lax wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:47 am ...if offered the opportunity.
the more the merrier, no?
richard

Post by richard »

The year after laxpower stopped running their polls a friend and I ran the D3 poll. We used a google form to collect rankings from pollsters and posted the collected poll. The comments were filled in on the thread by the pollsters as they wanted. It was a pretty easy system for both the pollsters and us. I f you want to follow up pm me and I can get you in touch with the brains behind it.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thank you. Let's see if we have people interested in submitting weekly polls first. But, again, thank you.
justaparent

Post by justaparent »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:47 pm It was quite a crew, from whom I learned a ton about what to watch for, relative competition, etc.

Lucky Laxer, UAO, 2Pontificate, Lady Laker, JAP? You could recruit NJBill and others.
I would be too unreliable to participate. The Internet is spotty out here,
LaxDad23

Post by LaxDad23 »

admin wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:08 pm Thank you. Let's see if we have people interested in submitting weekly polls first. But, again, thank you.
Count me in.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

LaxDad23 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:20 pm
admin wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:08 pm Thank you. Let's see if we have people interested in submitting weekly polls first. But, again, thank you.
Count me in.
I can do it.... :evil:
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thus far, LaxGuy17, LaxDad23, and Dr. Tact.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

admin wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:24 am Thus far, LaxGuy17, LaxDad23, and Dr. Tact.
How many teams are ranked each week in this poll—20 or 25?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Up to you.

As an aside, and as food for thought, I like uniformity and consistency and... It think it could be different for different post-ers. As much as different post-ers have different opinions about who should be the #1 team in the nation, I think the post-ers (maybe) should have different opinions about how many teams are ranked, how often they're ranked, etc.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”