JUST the Stolen Documents/Mar-A-Lago/"Judge" Cannon Trial

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: The Politics of National Security

Post by jhu72 »

Mike Lee, Rand Paul and all the democrats think the White House evidence for "imminent attack" is BS. Mike Lee really p***d (or looks so to me).
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:41 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:30 pm Timing is impeccable: Iran says it will not give black box of Ukrainian plane to Boeing

Iran's civil aviation organization has said that it will not hand over to Boeing the black box of the Ukrainian airlines flight that crashed shortly after taking off from Tehran's Imam Khomeni Airport on Wednesday morning.
Both black boxes were found Wednesday, Iranian state television has reported. An Iranian official was quoted as saying both boxes were damaged but that it was believed their data could still be retrieved.
They have been saying this since early AM east coast this morning.
Why do you think Iran shot down the plane?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
old salt

Post by old salt »

old salt wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:19 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:10 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:41 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:35 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:13 pm Gotta love Faux News - their "news" report is undercounting the number of ballistic missiles fired and the number of "hangers" hit. (Only one) :lol:

Iranians sure are weak, we can beat them without even getting a bloody nose. USA USA USA
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump- ... ll-is-well

...Iran fired as many as 15 ballistic missiles into Iraq. Ten missiles hit the Ain al-Asad Air Base, which houses U.S. troops, one missile hit a U.S. military base in Erbil, and four missiles failed to hit their targets, according to a U.S. military spokesman for Central Command, responsible for American forces in the Middle East.

The late Tuesday attacks unfolded in two waves, about an hour apart.
While no U.S. or other NATO casualties were reported, the bases were potentially vulnerable.

U.S. defense officials told Fox News the U.S. military did not attempt to shoot down the ballistic missiles fired from Iran because there were no American military assets in place to intercept them. The Patriot and Avenger anti-missile defense systems are deployed to other locations in the Middle East, but not to the two Iraqi bases targeted by Iran. Officials say the American assets are in high demand and short supply around the world.

“For the past few years, our focus was defeating ISIS and keeping a light footprint in Iraq. We did not need air defense systems against ISIS,” one official said, explaining why there were no U.S. missile defense systems in place at the Iraqi bases.
Who reads Fox News? -- "only one" hanger hit according to Faux News lady reporter on the 3 PM news program.
Was she referring to the group of tent shelters in the sat photo or a real hangar ?
Did she mention number & type of acft damaged or destroyed ?
Does not look like the runways were hit.
Any status on the Burger King ?
Here's some helpful analysis :
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/3 ... se-in-iraq

This imagery stands in a certain contrast to reports earlier today from U.S. military officials indicating that they thought Iran had deliberately targeted certain areas of Al Assad with an eye toward avoiding casualties. Even if the Iranians had intended to cause limited damage and no loss of life, firing ballistic missiles at that base, as well as Erbil, would have still presented inherent risks that the regime in Tehran was clearly willing to accept.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:47 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:30 pm Timing is impeccable: Iran says it will not give black box of Ukrainian plane to Boeing

Iran's civil aviation organization has said that it will not hand over to Boeing the black box of the Ukrainian airlines flight that crashed shortly after taking off from Tehran's Imam Khomeni Airport on Wednesday morning.
Both black boxes were found Wednesday, Iranian state television has reported. An Iranian official was quoted as saying both boxes were damaged but that it was believed their data could still be retrieved.
Cuz 737s aren't as stealthy as B2s ;)
Last edited by tech37 on Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Don't think there is any evidence they did? Western Intel agencies at the moment don't believe they did either (see Reuters story). Still could turn out they did. Debris examination should be sufficient to make determination. If I were the Iranians, I would not release the black boxes to any US organization or company. Why should they trust an American defense company?

If it turns out that they did, it was clearly an accident, caught up in the heat of alert, expecting incoming. Same as the airliner shot down by the US in the straits a few years ago. Good reason for nobody wanting to see war in the region.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Data point for afan. This a.m. on MSNBC, Col Jack Jacobs, former member of 82nd Airborne, on why we just deployed 3,000 of them to Kuwait & Iraq :

"What are they doing there ? One of the things the 82nd & other Quick Reaction Forces can do, is to aid withdrawal. One of the things we used to practice all the time was securing lines of communication (aka main supply routes) & airfields. One can conclude that perhaps even the principal reason they're there is for evacuation. "
old salt

Post by old salt »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:02 pm Surprised?

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1215027375802605568
No. Mike Lee & Rand Paul have been pushing hard for an AUMF their entire time in the Senate. The House will pass one today.
It's possible there might be 51 votes for a Senate compromise version, but not sure of a veto proof majority.
old salt

Post by old salt »

old salt wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:07 pm Data point for afan. This a.m. on MSNBC, Col Jack Jacobs, former member of 82nd Airborne, on why we just deployed 3,000 of them to Kuwait & Iraq :

"What are they doing there ? One of the things the 82nd & other Quick Reaction Forces can do, is to aid withdrawal. One of the things we used to practice all the time was securing lines of communication (aka main supply routes) & airfields. One can conclude that perhaps even the principal reason they're there is for evacuation. "
They're there in case we have to evac Iraq, on short notice, & to reinforce the Green Zone (in the interim) if we stay.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Not really surprised its the libertarians. They hate the "state secrets" excuse almost as much as liberals.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Did this guy not get the memo?

Doesn't he know his job is to bend the knee, defend the supreme leader no matter what, and otherwise shut the front door?
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Finally a turd they won’t eat.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:07 pm Data point for afan. This a.m. on MSNBC, Col Jack Jacobs, former member of 82nd Airborne, on why we just deployed 3,000 of them to Kuwait & Iraq :

I'm not disputing that we CAN leave the middle east.

What I'm disputing is your assertion that Trump is actively leaving the Middle East. This is factually incorrect. And this was just confirmed when it comes to Iraq by Esper two days ago. There is no current ACTIVE PLAN-----is in, we made the decision to leave, and are, in fact, leaving.

That's all. We're quibbling, I think.

Somewhere in a drawer in the Pentagon, I'm sure they have a withdrawal from S Korea plan. That has nothing to do with what is actually happening.

I'd LOVE to agree with you, as you know.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:09 pm

I'm not disputing that we CAN leave the middle east.

What I'm disputing is your assertion that Trump is actively leaving the Middle East. This is factually incorrect. And this was just confirmed when it comes to Iraq by Esper two days ago. There is no current ACTIVE PLAN-----is in, we made the decision to leave, and are, in fact, leaving.

That's all. We're quibbling, I think.

Somewhere in a drawer in the Pentagon, I'm sure they have a withdrawal from S Korea plan. That has nothing to do with what is actually happening.

I'd LOVE to agree with you, as you know.
You gave me a hard time for suggesting we sent in the 82nd Airborne to cover our withdrawl & played the numbers game with me.
No problem. I'm just reassuring you that maybe we haven't lost our minds.

...& I don't think the decision has yet been made to leave Iraq. Everything so far is nonbinding.
Consider the Shai Caucus Parliamentary resolution a rough draft.
The Sunnis & Kurds have yet to vote & there''s no real PM to enforce it if it becomes binding.
Notice that the 2 Iraqi bases attacked are in Sunni & Kurdish territory.
Trump's shaming NATO to step up or shut up. Get involved more or stop 2nd guessing us.
It's up to the Iraqi govt. Do they want to remain our ally & continue to receive our help in defending them from ISIS (& Iran),
or do they wish to become a full fledged Iranian proxy client state.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

I thought we sent them to guard the mustard fields.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Let's do some math. 10 missile strikes on Al Assad with 1500 lb HE warheads.
By way of comparison -- a single F-15E Strike Eagle can deliver 24,000 lbs of precision guided ordnance, return to base & fly another mission in less than 1 hr turnaround time. They usually go in flights of two aircraft, & they hit what they aim for.

SA & Qatar are currently operating (& buying more of) the latest versions of the F-15 Strike Eagle.
Last edited by old salt on Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:41 pm You gave me a hard time for suggesting we sent in the 82nd Airborne to cover our withdrawl & played the numbers game with me.
No problem. I'm just reassuring you that maybe we haven't lost our minds.
Maybe. We'll see. Fingers crossed.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Reporting that 2 militia rockets impacted without effect in the Green Zone a few hours ago. Same old, same old.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Anybody here signing up soon?
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
old salt

Post by old salt »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:58 pm

Don't think there is any evidence they did? Western Intel agencies at the moment don't believe they did either (see Reuters story). Still could turn out they did. Debris examination should be sufficient to make determination. If I were the Iranians, I would not release the black boxes to any US organization or company. Why should they trust an American defense company?

If it turns out that they did, it was clearly an accident, caught up in the heat of alert, expecting incoming. Same as the airliner shot down by the US in the straits a few years ago. Good reason for nobody wanting to see war in the region.
Photo of engine debris at crash site on CNN shows damage to an engine turbine compressor consistent with uncontained engine failure.

Return to “POLITICS”