All Things Environment

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Trinity

Re: Climate Change & The Environment

Post by Trinity »

NY AG sues Exxon for defrauding investors over their “management” of climate risk. Rex Tillerson in the crosshairs.
“The Law is clear. Companies must tell investors the truth.”
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Wayne Tracker was actually Rex Tillerson, for those late to the party. Kinda like John Barron bragging about sexual conquests to reporters was young Donny Trump.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Trinity wrote:NY AG sues Exxon for defrauding investors over their “management” of climate risk. Rex Tillerson in the crosshairs.
So who decides what the truth is? How was Exxon ever under any responsibility to accept facts that they believe to be crap? I'm sure some of Exxon's scientists were believers and certainly other Exxon scientists believe it to be crap. IMO this lawsuit has a snowballs chance in hell of going anywhere. It will make a bunch of lawyers a LOT of money.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

They kept two sets of books. They only told investors about one.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I would say so what? CC/GW is about what you choose to to believe. How would Exxon have a responsibility to report to their shareholders facts that don't believe to be true? IMO they could share the info or not. Especially if they believe the science to be extremely flawed especially since this goes back to the 70's when global freezing was the theory of the day.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote:
Trinity wrote:NY AG sues Exxon for defrauding investors over their “management” of climate risk. Rex Tillerson in the crosshairs.
So who decides what the truth is? How was Exxon ever under any responsibility to accept facts that they believe to be turd? I'm sure some of Exxon's scientists were believers and certainly other Exxon scientists believe it to be turd. IMO this lawsuit has a snowballs chance in hell of going anywhere. It will make a bunch of lawyers a LOT of money.
Tobacco companies didn't believe smoking their products caused cancer. They believed their scientists....not the others. They got a raw deal.
“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Exxon ? Big tobacco? All big corporate conspiracies. With governments ma$$ive help. Funny how the same people that side AGAINST fossil fuel (huh???) companies think its tin foil hat time when it comes to big pharma LYING about their products.

Does the NY AG even have jurisdiction over a publically traded company? Isn't this a FEDERAL thing?

Meanwhile, the one foot rise in SEA LEVEL hasn't affected Annapolis, St. Mary's, Baltimore, Aberdeen Proving ground, etc.........one gosh darn bit. Funny that. But the eroding mudlins of Tangier island IS proof. :lol:

But, seas have risen and fallen throught the earths 150 year history, this is a fact. Unless you DON"T believe in Pangea :roll: :roll:
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

When is Yale All American lacrosse player Doug gansler, the Maryland AG, going to SUE the CBF? For investor fraud. (I know, I know, a "non-profit" is NOT an investment ) **

But, I would argue that a "donation" to the Chesapeake Bay Foundation (CBF) IS, repeat , IS an investment into our future and cleaning up the US's largest estuary. One of the worst "non-profits" in the USA, this sham foundation should be sued for fraud.

Fraud is based on:

-Spending 60% of it's "revenue" on salaries, employee benefits and related expenses.

-Spending 15% of it's revenue on "fundraising" activities. What the heck

-Not even coming close to it's "mission statement" (found in the CBF's 990 return, schedule O )

Found in 1966, CBF is the largest regional conservation organization dedicated solely to saving a national treasure-the Chesapeake Bay
and its rivers and streams.

-The terms "global warming" or "climate change" did NOT appear in any publications or correspondence during the CBF's first 40 years of existence. In fact, these terms having NOTHING to do with it's mission statement in the first place.

-. The Phillip Merrill wedding center (cute lil CBF headquarters too :roll: ), built almost 20 years ago and almost at sea level, shows how un-serious this CON of a foundation takes cc/gw) Sue the LEED certification process for fraud as well. "Platinum" certification? I think not.

https://simulationresearch.lbl.gov/dirp ... l34830.pdf

I was going to host a meeting at this wonderful facility, but the beaches were closed b/c of ecoli levels, or some other pollution due to colonial era sewage systems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... MvVGHsd_OQ
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote:Exxon ? Big tobacco? All big corporate conspiracies. With governments ma$$ive help. Funny how the same people that side AGAINST fossil fuel (huh???) companies think its tin foil hat time when it comes to big pharma LYING about their products.

Does the NY AG even have jurisdiction over a publically traded company? Isn't this a FEDERAL thing?

Meanwhile, the one foot rise in SEA LEVEL hasn't affected Annapolis, St. Mary's, Baltimore, Aberdeen Proving ground, etc.........one gosh darn bit. Funny that. But the eroding mudlins of Tangier island IS proof. :lol:

But, seas have risen and fallen throught the earths 150 year history, this is a fact. Unless you DON"T believe in Pangea :roll: :roll:
Sort of like people that don't care about guys profiteering off of big oil but don't want to see someone make money off of alternative sources of energy.....it is funny.
“I wish you would!”
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

What would Jill Stein say?

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
runrussellrun wrote:Exxon ? Big tobacco? All big corporate conspiracies. With governments ma$$ive help. Funny how the same people that side AGAINST fossil fuel (huh???) companies think its tin foil hat time when it comes to big pharma LYING about their products.

Sort of like people that don't care about guys profiteering off of big oil but don't want to see someone make money off of alternative sources of energy.....it is funny.
You haven't been paying attention if you think you are describing me. Profit away. Just not with tax dollars, or NOT paying taxes.

Again, if 85% of your companies revenue comes from tax dollars (state/Federal ), you HAVE to have a payroll of 20-1 ratio, highest to lowest. I would include state and federal gas tax in this revenue for gas companies, b/c it is SUPPOSED to go to the infrastructure that supports their product users. Of course, having a decent infrastructure benefits all. Wouldn't it be better if we just had private roads, maintained by Haffners, Al-Prime, Mobil, etc.

Why don't we ever hear from pretend liberals the repeal of the Bahy-Dole act? exactly

When is Woods Hole gonna host weddings, like the CBF
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

dislaxxic wrote:What would Jill Stein say?

Say about what? You not claiming your Reffing income and NOT paying taxes on it?

TAATS, your it. You are no different than what you claim tRump is .....a tax cheat.

Prove me wrong.
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:

You haven't been paying attention if you think you are describing me. Profit away. Just not with tax dollars, or NOT paying taxes.

Again, if 85% of your companies revenue comes from tax dollars (state/Federal ), you HAVE to have a payroll of 20-1 ratio, highest to lowest. I would include state and federal gas tax in this revenue for gas companies, b/c it is SUPPOSED to go to the infrastructure that supports their product users. Of course, having a decent infrastructure benefits all. Wouldn't it be better if we just had private roads, maintained by Haffners, Al-Prime, Mobil, etc.

Why don't we ever hear from pretendtankingb liberals the repeal of the Bahy-Dole act? exactly

When is Woods Hole gonna host weddings, like the CBF
It’s not “you”. It’s a generic example of people with that mindset...my conservative colleague told me the market is down because Soros is tanking the market so that people will vote democrat...of course he voted for Hillary because he wanted her to continue Obama’s legacy as the market was up 166% under his watch....right?
“I wish you would!”
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Will say it S.L.O.W.L.Y. It's the C L I M A T E - T H R E A D. Are Jill Stein and (most of) her followers as cockeyed and rambling on the climate change issue as you are Skippy? Do they all want to go hang themselves every time they read the circular firing squad postings of someone who wrings his hands with whataboutisms EVERY. STINKIN. TIME. ?? Never mind, dome with your starling-blasting motivations, it's just not worth trying to divine the point...

runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

bart, you are certainly the KING troll around here. (posted the question on the O.D. thread, where YOU posted links to his alleged tax crimes)

What the heck does Dr. Jill Stein opinion matter? And obvious you don't care.

Now, go to the appropriate thread and answer about YOU not paying your lax REF taxes. Believe that would be the orange duce thread, about 12-15 pages back. What a hypocrite.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Look at Fatty! He wants to compare paying taxes on a $67 reffing fee with the scale of ripping off that the President of The United States does! That's just BRILLIANT! Because those are the exact same things! The theme underlying the rambling fatty-isms we have to deal with on here daily is "YOU CAN'T COMPLAIN ABOUT "X", BECAUSE "Y" DOES THE SAME THING. What kind of circle-jerk reasoning is THAT? Why is it, do you suppose, that nearly EVERY POSTER PAYING ATTENTION can't make out logic in almost ANYTHING that comes out of this multi-personality keyboard??

The question was made to ask what Jill Stein's position is on Climate Change. Fatty CONSTANTLY falls back to the point (so it seems anyway, "points" are often quite hard to discern with this guy, right) of being against BOTH political parties because, well DUH, taats, of course, the weak-minded solution to any argument or complaint.

Maybe what would work out better is for him to start his our opinions thread, where he can sort out his habitual whataboutisms and argue all day with laxwheatfield, rrr and whatever other personality occupies his mind. That would at least offer him the option of letting everyone know what HIS POSITIONS ARE instead of telling everyone else that they can't have opinions about anything that has an opposing viewpoint because of how they're just "all the same".

Over. and OUT.

runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

dislaxxic wrote:Look at Fatty! He wants to compare paying taxes on a $67 reffing fee with the scale of ripping off that the President of The United States does! That's just BRILLIANT! Because those are the exact same things! The theme underlying the rambling fatty-isms we have to deal with on here daily is "YOU CAN'T COMPLAIN ABOUT "X", BECAUSE "Y" DOES THE SAME THING. What kind of circle-jerk reasoning is THAT? Why is it, do you suppose, that nearly EVERY POSTER PAYING ATTENTION can't make out logic in almost ANYTHING that comes out of this multi-personality keyboard??

The question was made to ask what Jill Stein's position is on Climate Change. Fatty CONSTANTLY falls back to the point (so it seems anyway, "points" are often quite hard to discern with this guy, right) of being against BOTH political parties because, well DUH, taats, of course, the weak-minded solution to any argument or complaint.

Maybe what would work out better is for him to start his our opinions thread, where he can sort out his habitual whataboutisms and argue all day with laxwheatfield, rrr and whatever other personality occupies his mind. That would at least offer him the option of letting everyone know what HIS POSITIONS ARE instead of telling everyone else that they can't have opinions about anything that has an opposing viewpoint because of how they're just "all the same".

Over. and OUT.

So that is a yes, you are the SAME (TAATS) as donald trump, you only tax cheat on a smaller scale. How typically hypocritcal. Definatelly a friend of Darrell. (how's is eye makeup look these days )

Don't revert to some delusional old ramblings of what YOU think are charactertures on the facists moderated LP threads. Look at the CURRENT ramblings. Much more coherent.

Now, back to suing the CBF....or any other similar "environmental" non-profits.

Regarding SOLUTIONS. If you can post one that you have ever provided, I will gladly send you lots and lots of money. YOUR solutions, links don't count. This can be a start. Yes or no question towards SOLUTIONS:

If a company derives 85%, or more, of its revenue** from tax dollars, should they be legally bound to have a pay ratio of 20-1, highest to lowest? Yes or NO

**Oh, BTW, every single NON-profit would automatically fall into the 85% or more salary scale, including "sub-contractors".

How will this help "climate warming"........is so many, many wayz.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

A foot of snow in Maine the other day......another 5 inches tomorrow. yes sir.

isn't a hurricane WEATHER?
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

runrussellrun wrote:should they be legally bound to have a pay ratio of 20-1, highest to lowest? Yes or NO
YES !!!

I would expand that list to include all companies that have securities that trade on the exchanges and any business that wants the bankruptcy protection that comes from being a corporation. Those are rights granted from the state - and as such should be allowed to come with certain strings....
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......

Return to “POLITICS”