JUST the Stolen Documents/Mar-A-Lago/"Judge" Cannon Trial

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
DocBarrister

“Trump’s Ignorance Has Created an International Crisis”

Post by DocBarrister »

President Trump’s decision last week to assassinate the most powerful military figure in the Middle East was, likewise, audacious. But unlike MacArthur at Inchon, Trump likely did not grasp the gravity of his decision. How could he? The former reality-TV star has long been ignorant of world history and current events. During a 2015 interview, then-candidate Trump did not even know who Maj. Gen. Qasem Soleimani was. After prompting, Trump mistakenly identified the Iranian general as a Kurdish commander. Once Trump’s ignorance was revealed, the frustrated candidate weakly attacked the interviewer for “throwing around names of people and where they live.”

The danger posed by that ignorance is matched daily by the crises created by Trump’s own erraticism. His performance as commander in chief has been shaped by a collection of scattered grievances, emotional impulses and random tweets. As the Financial Times’s Philip Stephens has said of Trump’s foreign policy, “Looking for a framework is like searching for symmetrical patterns in a bowl of spaghetti.”

This is, after all, a president who spent last summer withholding military aid from a besieged democratic ally while pressuring its leaders to investigate a political opponent. Then, stepping in front of a bank of White House cameras, he asked the same of China. Trump also declared himself “The Chosen One” while embracing the title of “King of Israel,” ordered American companies to leave China, manipulated U.S. markets by lying about phone calls with leaders of that same country and canceled bilateral meetings with a NATO leader because she refused to sell Greenland.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... story.html

The stupidity and ignorance of Donald Trump is only surpassed by the stupidity and ignorance of his enablers and supporters.

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
old salt

Re: The Politics of National Security

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:35 am
old salt wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:06 am
a fan wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:43 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:42 pm
“There’s been no decision whatsover to leave Iraq,” Esper said. “There’s no decision to leave, nor did we issue any plans to leave or prepare to leave.”
:lol: Not two days ago, you made fun of me for not understanding that Trump was executing a...what did you call it? A guarded Retreat?

Ready to admit I'm right yet? There are no retreat plans whatsoever? Or is Esper lying?
Do you think it's clever repartee to be so disingenuous ? Here's what I asked you :
Have you considered the possibility that Trump may be using this as an excuse to get us out of Iraq ? Force the Iraqi govt to choose between the US & Iran as allies. If the Iraqis want to continue to receive US economic & military aid & training, they need to get control of the PMF Shia militias. How effective do you think the ISF will be without US trainers, contractors & logistics. Do they want to count on the PMF to protect them from a Daesh comeback. They need to face the reality that if they ask us to leave again, we won't come back next time.
You also said : If our forces are getting attacked by Iran, and Trump REALLY wanted to leave? His reaction wouldn't be to send reinforcements. His reaction would be to pull every last troop out.
I replied :Have you ever heard of covering a retreat ? He's sending Marines in V-22's & paratroopers. We have to protect our troops & diplomats until they're guaranteed safe passage out. The other forces we sent were for air defense of our other forces alteady there, in our Gulf State allied nations.

Esper said we're repositioning our forces within the region for force protection.
We're bringing in troops to reinforce the Green Zone & to cover our withdrawal if we have to leave,

Sorry Capt Instant Gratification -- we don't know yet if we're staying or not.
I have no clue how to make this any clearer. It has nothing to do with instant gratification. Esper just to you that you're wrong. There is no Trump plan to leave. Full stop. You're wrong.
You don't know that. Esper is not committing that we'll leave because it has yet to be decided.

We have a plan to withdraw if that's the decision. You saw the draft of the implementing letter to the Iraqis today.
You're crazy if you think we don't have a contingency plan to get our forces & diplomats out, if that's the decision.

Trump would like to get out, but he doesn't want to write off our investment & undo what we've done in dismantling ISIS.
But if the Iraqis can't guarantee the safety of our forces, contractors & diplomats, he'll pull them out, ...& send them the bill, via sanctions.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Russia has already offered Iraq their air defense systems.

#allroads
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Trinity wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:29 am Russia has already offered Iraq their air defense systems.

#allroads
Of course this is beneficial to Russia and Putin's ambitions.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Trinity wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:29 am Russia has already offered Iraq their air defense systems.

#allroads
Of course. No surprise here. The latest GOP Trump mind-meld victim with no shame - Nikki Haley chimes in with Trumpty Dumpty style BS.
On FauxNews, of course. She is competing with Jeanine Pirro for attention for the cult leader. Pirro (who claims to be lawyer/judge declared that statute of limitations has run out on impeachment articles and it is all over. She must be auditioning to replace Judy Judy!

As Don Jr. displays his new Crusader white supremicist-themed AR-15.

Dopes.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

old salt wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:49 am
“There’s been no decision whatsover to leave Iraq,” Esper said. “There’s no decision to leave, nor did we issue any plans to leave or prepare to leave.”
:lol: Not two days ago, you made fun of me for not understanding that Trump was executing a...what did you call it? A guarded Retreat?

Ready to admit I'm right yet? There are no retreat plans whatsoever? Or is Esper lying?
Do you think it's clever repartee to be so disingenuous ? Here's what I asked you :
Have you considered the possibility that Trump may be using this as an excuse to get us out of Iraq ? Force the Iraqi govt to choose between the US & Iran as allies. If the Iraqis want to continue to receive US economic & military aid & training, they need to get control of the PMF Shia militias. How effective do you think the ISF will be without US trainers, contractors & logistics. Do they want to count on the PMF to protect them from a Daesh comeback. They need to face the reality that if they ask us to leave again, we won't come back next time.
You also said : If our forces are getting attacked by Iran, and Trump REALLY wanted to leave? His reaction wouldn't be to send reinforcements. His reaction would be to pull every last troop out.
I replied :Have you ever heard of covering a retreat ? He's sending Marines in V-22's & paratroopers. We have to protect our troops & diplomats until they're guaranteed safe passage out. The other forces we sent were for air defense of our other forces alteady there, in our Gulf State allied nations.

Esper said we're repositioning our forces within the region for force protection.
We're bringing in troops to reinforce the Green Zone & to cover our withdrawal if we have to leave,

I have no clue how to make this any clearer. It has nothing to do with instant gratification. Esper just to you that you're wrong. There is no Trump plan to leave. Full stop. You're wrong.
You don't know that. Esper is not committing that we'll leave because it has yet to be decided.

We have a plan to withdraw if that's the decision. You saw the draft of the implementing letter to the Iraqis today.
You're crazy if you think we don't have a contingency plan to get our forces & diplomats out, if that's the decision.

Trump would like to get out, but he doesn't want to write off our investment & undo what we've done in dismantling ISIS.
But if the Iraqis can't guarantee the safety of our forces, contractors & diplomats, he'll pull them out, ...& send them the bill, via sanctions.
It is fun to watch o s try to stay in step with all of the lies that are coming out of the o d ship of fools.

It is fake.

It is a draft.

It is an issued draft plan.

It is a secret plan.

You don't know, only I know; if that is the decision...
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Brooklyn

Re: “Trump’s Ignorance Has Created an International Crisis”

Post by Brooklyn »

DocBarrister wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:43 am
The stupidity and ignorance of Donald Trump is only surpassed by the stupidity and ignorance of his enablers and supporters.

DocBarrister :?

Soleimani was ISIS's biggest enemy: https://tinyurl.com/yj6q3dxa

Small wonder why he was targeted by the enemies of peace.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Shocker, more lies...

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo today defended the basis for killing Iranian General Qasem Soleimani because of the threat of an imminent strike but declined to present any evidence, saying President Trump's decision was "entirely legal."

DEPLORABLE
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:17 pm Largest crowds if memory in Iran show up for the general's service yesterday in Iran. Seems like Trump succeeded in doing what the Iranian government couldn't, unite the country by in large.

Have to say I like the Iranian plan going forward - getting the US out of the ME.

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

CU88 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:58 am Shocker, more lies...

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo today defended the basis for killing Iranian General Qasem Soleimani because of the threat of an imminent strike but declined to present any evidence, saying President Trump's decision was "entirely legal."

DEPLORABLE
He was duly elected.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

CU88 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:43 am
old salt wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:49 am

It is fun to watch o s try to stay in step with all of the lies that are coming out of the o d ship of fools.

It is fake.

It is a draft.

It is an issued draft plan.

It is a secret plan.

You don't know, only I know; if that is the decision...
What's really fun is watching so many supposedly smart people lose their minds over a leaked, rough draft, planning document.

A DoD letter is not official until it is signed & carries a serial number in the upper RH corner with the date.
MSM Pentagon correspondents know this, but foist their daily bombshells off on Trump haters stupid enough to believe anything.
If you believed that letter, you are a fool.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

What's really fun is watching so many supposedly smart people lose their minds over a leaked, rough draft, planning document.
Almost as fun watching you defend the circus. The "leak" was from the Iraqi government who received this "unsigned, draft document" not even labeled as a draft. Not from your alleged "deep state apparatchiks looking to make your incompetent heroes look bad. Reports today say Iraqi PM confirmed the expected withdrawal.

Why would we SEND an incorrect, draft document to the Iraqis?

You are making things up as you go just like the bozos ( the only ones left in charge of our government) shoveling this dung to the public on a daily basis. Evidence the comedic SoS alleged press conference today just trying to zing reporters rather than providing any real information. West Pointers must be proud. :oops:
Last edited by Kismet on Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Keep dancing to the ever changing story line kiddo.

Gen. Mark Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said the letter was real but did not accurately reflect current Pentagon plans.

“It was a mistake, an honest mistake, a draft unsigned letter, because we are moving forces around,” Milley told reporters, adding, “It shouldn't have been sent.”

While it was unsigned, the letter was delivered to the Iraqis and leaked to media in the country by the prime minister’s office.

I am guessing that "leak" is new code word for offical DOD actions? :lol: :lol: :lol:
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:05 pm
Almost as fun watching you defend the circus. The "leak" was from the Iraqi government who received this "unsigned, draft document" not even labeled as a draft. Not from your alleged "deep state apparatchiks looking to make your incompetent heroes look bad.

Why would we SEND a draft document to the Iraqis?

Keep trolling. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ask the leaker or see what the Marine 1 star says.
It was likely prepared as a contingency, so it could be signed, serialized & delivered promptly, if & when that decision is made.
You don't know who leaked it. We routinely share planning info with trusted coalition counterparts. It has been a remarkable success.
The point is -- until it's signed, serialized & delivered, it's not US policy. ...no matter what the NYT does to hype it.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Almost as fun watching you defend the circus. The "leak" was from the Iraqi government who received this "unsigned, draft document" not even labeled as a draft. Not from your alleged "deep state apparatchiks looking to make your incompetent heroes look bad. Reports today say Iraqi PM confirmed the expected withdrawal.

You are making things up as you go just like the bozos ( the only ones left in charge of our government) shoveling this dung to the public on a daily basis. Evidence the comedic SoS alleged press conference today just trying to zing reporters rather than providing any real information. West Pointers must be proud. :oops:
Of course, the real issue is how the recipient -- draft or no -- understood it:

https://twitter.com/Mustafa_salimb/stat ... 6778461185

Serious stuff about which to make a mistake in transmission. It's OK to say, "amateur hour."
CU88

Post by CU88 »

old salt wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:15 pm
Almost as fun watching you defend the circus. The "leak" was from the Iraqi government who received this "unsigned, draft document" not even labeled as a draft. Not from your alleged "deep state apparatchiks looking to make your incompetent heroes look bad.

It was likely prepared as a contingency, so it could be signed, serialized & delivered promptly, if & when that decision is made.
You don't know who leaked it. We routinely share planning info with trusted coalition counterparts. It has been a remarkable success.
The point is -- until it's signed, serialized & delivered, it's not US policy. ...no matter what the NYT does to hype it.
Read this very s l o w l y to help you understand the source of the "L E A K".

"While it was unsigned, the letter was delivered to the Iraqis and leaked to media in the country by the prime minister’s office."
old salt

Post by old salt »

CU88 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:09 pm Keep dancing to the ever changing story line kiddo.

Gen. Mark Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said the letter was real but did not accurately reflect current Pentagon plans.

“It was a mistake, an honest mistake, a draft unsigned letter, because we are moving forces around,” Milley told reporters, adding, “It shouldn't have been sent.”

While it was unsigned, the letter was delivered to the Iraqis and leaked to media in the country by the prime minister’s office.

I am guessing that "leak" is new code word for offical DOD actions? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Milley also said it was a draft.
It was probably shared as a courtesy "heads up" for planning, to a counterpart in the IMOD.
Of course it should not have been sent -- it was leaked & it wasn't signed & serialized.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Yup. Iraqi has responded by saying they accept the letter and expect the US to withdraw. There was no mistake in the composition of the letter to the Iraqi government. Not surprising given the cluster f..k this administration is.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:15 pm

The confirmation of receipt came from the Iraqi PM's office according to press reports in the region and here and NOT NYT.) The letter was in both English and Arabic.

.....and then there's this about you hero general

"Federal prosecutors no longer say Ret. Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn should get little or no jail time. They are asking for the guideline sentence of 0-6 months in prison. They cite Flynn's failure to accept responsibility and his efforts to undermine prosecutors."

I wonder his his new defense lawyers who sold him a bill of goods will give him a refund on their fees for FUBARing his plea. Presidential pardons do not expunge your record and you must disclose your criminal record going forward when asked.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

old salt wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:22 pm
CU88 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:09 pm Keep dancing to the ever changing story line kiddo.

Milley also said it was a draft.
It was probably shared as a courtesy "heads up" for planning, to a counterpart in the IMOD.
Of course it should not have been sent -- it was leaked & it wasn't signed & serialized.
You are all knowing, and we are just bumbling idiots for stating the obvious...

Return to “POLITICS”