JUST the Stolen Documents/Mar-A-Lago/"Judge" Cannon Trial

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: The Politics of National Security

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:07 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:08 pm ]Because it had nothing to do with us withdrawing. By financing Iranian adventurism, it increased the reason's we'd stay.
1. Iran supported terrorism before the JCPOA
2. Iran supported terrorism after the JCPOA
3. Iran supported and supports terrorism after the JCPOA was dropped.

And from this, you conclude that the JCPOA caused Iran's terrorism. :lol: Neat.

BTW, you told us years ago that getting Iran to sign off on... no nuke program, no ballistic program, and to not support terrorism was easy...and that Obama and Kerry just suck. So how's your Trumpy doing? How come he didn't get this deal you thought was so easy to get?

old salt wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:08 pm The sanctions are to get Iran to knock off the proxy wars & come back to the table to enter a verifiable denuc agreement
They are , huh? How's that workin' out for you? Gonna cave any day now, right?

And what's your plan if a Civil War starts? Then what? Do you even care?

And they're done with the nuke deal as of this week. You have a brilliant answer for that? Because you think them getting a nuke is no big deal, right? The JCPOA was a pointless...what did you call it?....Oh yeah.... "a fig leaf". So a nuclear armed Iran is just no big deal. Top shelf thinking right there.
old salt wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:08 pm Right. The other signees will hold Iran accountable :roll: .
There it is. You think the US has to do it.

And yet your sales pitch is we're leaving the Middle East, right? :lol: You can't keep your own nonsense theories straight.
old salt wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:50 pm You keep saying that - thinking it makes you sound smart. You're just looking at numbers. The nature of the forces signals our intentions.
The nature of the combat has changed here in 2019. So yep, they're changing what are assets are. That has NOTHING to do with the idea of retreat from this region.

Tell you what, though. This isn't the old forum, so we can wager. If you're right, and I'm such an idiot, how'd you like to make an easy $10K off of "a fan"? I'm wagering we'll still have bases and troops all over the Middle East next year. You in? Should be the easiest money you ever made, right? Trump is...how did you put it.....covering a retreat, right?
old salt wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:08 pm We still have allies & interests in the region (they're just not in Iraq & Syria), AND he's serious about Iran not getting nucs & he knows that JCPOA was an ineffective fig leaf.
There it is again. Maybe you should read that sentence out loud and in front of a mirror. What in that sentence would signal to anyone that we're leaving the Middle East?

Trump just announced we ain’t leaving unless Iraq pays us for the bases.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:08 pm You keep saying that - thinking it makes you sound smart. You're just looking at numbers. The nature of the forces signals our intentions.
You keep treating me like I have TDS, and can't see straight, btw.

You don't think I'd be jumping for joy if there was even a 1% chance of you being right that we're getting out? What was my reaction at the fake announcement Trump was pulling out of Syria? I cheered!!

Everything that Trump does tells you we're staying in the ME. If we pull out of Iraq, all that means is those troops get stationed somewhere else close by, waiting to be called in for yet another war.

People forget that 72%+ of Americans supported the Iraq invasion. That's everyone but the libs and peaceniks like me. Americans eat this stuff up. Go ahead and pretend they don't all you like. Act like I'm crazy all you want. They love it. The think this is a video game.

I don't. I've been evenhanded about this stuff for 20 years, and you know it. Don't care who's President We're not leaving. We're NEVER leaving.

I've asked three times now how it is tech, you, and others think we're going to "win" when it comes to Iran, and none of you have an answer.

Who cares, right? My family isn't going over there, so I'm supposed to not give a *hit about the Americans who are going to die like the freaking military contractors did today, right?

I care. Pointless death that by definition isn't making Americans safer. I'm sick of it. And the logic used to support our presence in the ME gets more asinine by the day. I don't care if Iran blows up cars. Or hits oil fields. Or any of that cr*p. Let them blow each other up. Don't care.  They did it before we arrived, and they'll do it long after we leave.

I care about my fellow Americans. All the rest is garbage nonsense reasoning.
Typical Lax Dad

+1...”Did it before we arrived and will do it after we leave.” We could invest in our people here with the money we would save from cutting the military budget. We spend so much on weapons here it’s insane. If you ask someone the cost to the government, they are too embarrassed to tell you. Makes a hospital bill look like they are giving services away!!
Typical Lax Dad

The Imperial President:

“If they do ask us to leave, if we don’t do it in a very friendly basis. We will charge them sanctions like they’ve never seen before ever,” Trump said.
Trump said the costs of maintaining an American troop presence in the country over the past years should be repaid by Iraq if the country chooses to rescind an agreement allowing them to stay.

“We have a very extraordinarily expensive air base that’s there. It cost billions of dollars to build. Long before my time. We’re not leaving unless they pay us back for it,” Trump said.

Lastly, Trump said he would not rule out releasing some of the intelligence that led to the US killing Soleimani.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Bart wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:55 am

Ok, sorry I disagree. I think the vast majority of all average Americans, Republican or Democrat, desire less war, less dead Americans. I have had conversations with friends who are both democrat and republican and to a person, everyone of them has said they hope this does not drag us into another war. They may disagree on the strike itself but not one wants to see us go to war. Funny thing.....these were in person conversations and not some on line web site where everyone is a tough guy. Gallop's latest numbers say that roughly 30% of Americans identify republican (coincidentally the same # as those who identify democrat) and you want me to believe that a bunch or people on an online forum speak for almost 30% of the population? Sorry, that is an extremely wide brush you are painting with.

Am glad to know you have encountered fewer hysterical pro war types of the delusional far right in your daily affairs. But try logging on to a few of their websites and see for yourself whether or not they are calling for Armageddon type warfare.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

a fan wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:23 pm
If Brookies Dems had voted no on the Iraq invasion, we would not have invaded. It's on them. Yep, it was Bush's idea....but he put it to a vote. The Dems failed.

And the liberals, as usual, told America what would happen. Shocker. They were right. Again. For like the tenth straight war.

It's a good bet the Dems would have voted NO on Bush's war of imperialistic terrorism if the traitor hadn't lied before Congress, the Supreme Court, and an international TV audience.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:32 pm The Imperial President:

“If they do ask us to leave, if we don’t do it in a very friendly basis. We will charge them sanctions like they’ve never seen before ever,” Trump said.
Trump said the costs of maintaining an American troop presence in the country over the past years should be repaid by Iraq if the country chooses to rescind an agreement allowing them to stay.

“We have a very extraordinarily expensive air base that’s there. It cost billions of dollars to build. Long before my time. We’re not leaving unless they pay us back for it,” Trump said.

Lastly, Trump said he would not rule out releasing some of the intelligence that led to the US killing Soleimani.
Yep, Donald Trump threatened sanctions if Iraq tried to kick the U.S. out of Iraq.

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump threatened to impose deep sanctions on Iraq if it moves to expel U.S. troops and said Sunday he would not withdraw entirely unless the military is compensated for the "extraordinarily expensive air base" there.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 821255001/

Great. :roll:

First, this shows once again just how stupid Trump (and his supporters) are. Just plain moronic.

Second, Trump has fundamentally changed the U.S. relationship with Iraq. Two presidents worked hard to change the relationship between Iraq and the United States from an invasion and occupation force to one of alliance and mutual interest. Trump just made the United States an occupation force again ... making the target Trump put on their backs even more prominent.

Anyone who continues to support our imbecile president doesn’t really care for our troops under his command.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
old salt

Post by old salt »

old salt wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:08 pm ]Because it had nothing to do with us withdrawing. By financing Iranian adventurism, it increased the reason's we'd stay.
Lifting sanctions & pallets of cash allowed Iran to finance their proxies.

It financed it. Enabled it. It emboldened them, thinking we'd tolerate anything to save JCPOA.
Soleimani went to Moscow as soon as it was signed to coordinate Russia's entry into Syria.

BTW, you told us years ago that getting Iran to sign off on... no nuke program, no ballistic program, and to not support terrorism was easy...and that Obama and Kerry just suck. So how's your Trumpy doing? How come he didn't get this deal you thought was so easy to get?
You're full of it. I never said anything in the ME is EZ. Only you think in such simplistic terms.
old salt wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:08 pm The sanctions are to get Iran to knock off the proxy wars & come back to the table to enter a verifiable denuc agreement
They are , huh? How's that workin' out for you? Gonna cave any day now, right?[/color]
Here we go again. Mr Instant Gratification. What happened to your Strategic Patience. You have only Tactical impatience.

Don't get caught in the crossfire. Help the Kurds, Yzidis & Christians protect themselves.
We don't control what happens inside Iraq. We gave up our influence when Obama pulled us out.

And they're done with the nuke deal as of this week. You have a brilliant answer for that? Because you think them getting a nuke is no big deal, right? The JCPOA was a pointless...what did you call it?....Oh yeah.... "a fig leaf". So a nuclear armed Iran is just no big deal. Top shelf thinking right there.
More tactical impatience. Watch what happens to the next ballistic missile Iran hauls out to the launch pad to test.
old salt wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:08 pm Right. The other signees will hold Iran accountable :roll: .
That's why I told you the JCPOA would fail when Obama agreed to it without Senate ratification binding future Presidents.

And yet your sales pitch is we're leaving the Middle East, right? :lol: You can't keep your own nonsense theories straight.
What countries are we occupying ? What bases have we built with family housing & DODDS schools. Look at our bases in Europe, Japan & S Korea. That's what it looks like when we intend to stay for a long time.
old salt wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:50 pm You keep saying that - thinking it makes you sound smart. You're just looking at numbers. The nature of the forces signals our intentions.
The nature of the combat has changed here in 2019. So yep, they're changing what are assets are. That has NOTHING to do with the idea of retreat from this region. It has everything to do with leaving the region. Compare our force levels & disposition now, to pre-2011.

Tell you what, though. This isn't the old forum, so we can wager. If you're right, and I'm such an idiot, how'd you like to make an easy $10K off of "a fan"? I'm wagering we'll still have bases and troops all over the Middle East next year. You in? Should be the easiest money you ever made, right? Trump is...how did you put it.....covering a retreat, right?
Wow. Looking ahead 1 year. That's a gutsy bet. More Instant Gratification for Mr Tactical Impatience.
old salt wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:08 pm We still have allies & interests in the region (they're just not in Iraq & Syria), AND he's serious about Iran not getting nucs & he knows that JCPOA was an ineffective fig leaf.
There it is again. Maybe you should read that sentence out loud and in front of a mirror. What in that sentence would signal to anyone that we're leaving the Middle East? We're selling billions in arms to our Arab allies & training them to employ them, so they can defend themselves from Iraq & it's proxies.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:54 pm
Lifting sanctions & pallets of cash allowed Iran to finance their proxies.

It financed it. Enabled it. It emboldened them, thinking we'd tolerate anything to save JCPOA.
Soleimani went to Moscow as soon as it was signed to coordinate Russia's entry into Syria.

You're full of it. I never said anything in the ME is EZ. Only you think in such simplistic terms.
They are , huh? How's that workin' out for you? Gonna cave any day now, right?[/color]
Here we go again. Mr Instant Gratification. What happened to your Strategic Patience. You have only Tactical impatience.

Don't get caught in the crossfire. Help the Kurds, Yzidis & Christians protect themselves.
We don't control what happens inside Iraq. We gave up our influence when Obama pulled us out.

More tactical impatience. Watch what happens to the next ballistic missile Iran hauls out to the launch pad to test.
That's why I told you the JCPOA would fail when Obama agreed to it without Senate ratification binding future Presidents.

What countries are we occupying ? What bases have we built with family housing & DODDS schools. Look at our bases in Europe, Japan & S Korea. That's what it looks like when we intend to stay for a long time.
The nature of the combat has changed here in 2019. So yep, they're changing what are assets are. That has NOTHING to do with the idea of retreat from this region. It has everything to do with leaving the region. Compare our force levels & disposition now, to pre-2011.

Wow. Looking ahead 1 year. That's a gutsy bet. More Instant Gratification for Mr Tactical Impatience.
There it is again. Maybe you should read that sentence out loud and in front of a mirror. What in that sentence would signal to anyone that we're leaving the Middle East? We're selling billions in arms to our Arab allies & training them to employ them, so they can defend themselves from Iraq & it's proxies.
No bottom
old salt

Post by old salt »

We'll be happy to leave (again). Here's the bill for services rendered in saving your country from ISIS.
We'll even give you a special rate on spare parts & munitions for your F-16's. You're gonna need 'em for the ISIS comeback.
Last edited by old salt on Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

DocBarrister wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:52 pm

Yep, Donald Trump threatened sanctions if Iraq tried to kick the U.S. out of Iraq.

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump threatened to impose deep sanctions on Iraq if it moves to expel U.S. troops and said Sunday he would not withdraw entirely unless the military is compensated for the "extraordinarily expensive air base" there.

First, this shows once again just how stupid Trump (and his supporters) are. Just plain moronic.

Second, Trump has fundamentally changed the U.S. relationship with Iraq. Two presidents worked hard to change the relationship between Iraq and the United States from an invasion and occupation force to one of alliance and mutual interest. Trump just made the United States an occupation force again ... making the target Trump put on their backs even more prominent.

Anyone who continues to support our imbecile president doesn’t really care for our troops under his command.

DocBarrister
So long as Trump appeals to their dream of getting the USA demographics back to 1950's levels, they will follow him to the end of the world. It's that simple.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:13 pm

We'll be happy to leave (again). Here's the bill for services rendered in saving your country from ISIS.
We'll even give you a special rate on spare parts for your F-16's.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:44 pm
Obama killed countless innocent people in unannounced drone strikes of significant targets.

Actually, nobody killed more civilians than did traitor Bush whether in the scenario above or in Abu Ghraib and other situations. You may likely recall that this was applauded by certain righties in the old LP forum. When we the more patriotic sort condemned these evils, our patriotism was called into question by certain forum righties. Anybody remember?

old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:15 pm

DocBarrister
So long as Trump appeals to their dream of getting the USA demographics back to 1950's levels, they will follow him to the end of the world. It's that simple.
There's been 13 attacks on US forces in Iraq (which saved the country from ISIS) in the past 4 mos (since the ISIS threat abated) by PMF militias supposedly under the command of the Iraqi govt. The Iraqi PM resigned in the wake of anti-Iranian & anti- corruption protests, in which Iranian consulates in the Shia holy cities of Najaf & Karbala were burned.
Last edited by old salt on Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

Iran has just struck back, and struck back in a context that trump understands

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-new ... d-21219180

Eighty million dollars.

I'm sure that no one on this board will find this a compelling offer, but I'll bet all of us can imagine someone or some group that will find this a treasure worth pursuing.

Asymmetrical warfare is a beotch

And this article is already trending like crazy on social media.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:22 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:15 pm

DocBarrister
There's been 13 attacks on US forces in Iraq (which saved the country from ISIS) in the past 4 mos (since the ISIS threat abated) by PMF militias supposedly under the command of the Iraqi govt. The Iraqi PM resigned in the wake of anti-Iranian & anti- corruption protests, in which Iranian consulates in the Shia holy cities of Najaf & Karbala were burned.
Thanks
Typical Lax Dad

Brooklyn wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:21 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:44 pm
Obama killed countless innocent people in unannounced drone strikes of significant targets.

Actually, nobody killed more civilians than did traitor Bush whether in the scenario above or in Abu Ghraib and other situations. You may likely recall that this was applauded by certain righties in the old LP forum. When we the more patriotic sort condemned these evils, our patriotism was called into question by certain forum righties. Anybody remember?
https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/p ... ar-crimes/
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Good article. Judge Ben Ferencz (world's foremost authority on Nuremberg) said precisely the same thing. Bush not only committed treason, he committed war crimes and should have been put into a new Nuremberg tribunal.

kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

“Death to America!” chants the Iranian Parliament.

Soleimani wasn’t a bad guy. Even though he was planning attacks on Americans across the region. The Quds Forces are really misunderstood, reputable dudes.

Trump is the bad guy!
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:33 pm “Death to America!” chants the Iranian Parliament.

Soleimani wasn’t a bad guy. Even though he was planning attacks on Americans across the region. The Quds Forces are really misunderstood, reputable dudes.

Trump is the bad guy!

In case you forgot, it was your Republican heroes who invaded Iran in 1953, stole at least a trillion dollars worth of resources, imposed a puppet tyrannical regime, paid off Saddam to invade that country and kill off one million Iranians, and has repeatedly threatened and harassed that country including the singing of "Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb bomb Iran". But, somehow, the Iranians are the "evil" ones in the minds of the pro war types.

Return to “POLITICS”