JUST the Stolen Documents/Mar-A-Lago/"Judge" Cannon Trial

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
seacoaster

Re: The Politics of National Security

Post by seacoaster »

"Pelosi was unreachable as she was masturbating to the impeachment documents."

Nice 12 year old parachute job. Try to contribute something.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:56 am
youthathletics wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:33 am
jhu72 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:39 am
youthathletics wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:43 am If the end-goal and prayers of the world by most people are for peace, then why would Iran and their military leaders try and shake down our embassy and those inside the green zone?

It seems we are more tolerant to give grace to the bad guys than our own country.
What BS. :roll: Trump has been spoiling for this since he took office. Now he has got it. He just injected steroids into Bush's mistake!
What did Trump's Admin retaliation of Iran storming our embassy have to do with your take that he wanted this all along. Are you implying he staged Iran and their military leader to attack our embassy? I asked a serious question, and you played partisan politics.
I think one answer to your question may be that Iran was baiting us. Their leadership surely knows that this Administration -- made up of substantial Obama critics -- is worried about its own Benghazi affair, and played out a little brinksmanship with the Administration. The result could now be a combination of exactly what Iran wanted (a violent, overplayed attack on Iranian sovereignty, useful as propaganda and leadership propping material) and what it least wanted (the death of a significant leadership figure), with the end result being an effort to martyr him and soak in as much Anti-American propaganda as is possible. My sense is that there was plenty of room left for diplomacy (e.g., actions short of a military option) before engaging in (what I do understand are responsive) acts of war.

So the question now is whether this results in further escalation? Terrorist attacks on Western (and not only American) targets? I am skeptical there will be a positive return on our investment here. I am skeptical that the response was in proportion to the actions at and around our Embassy -- which in my view should be the guidepost for everything we do far afield, in dangerous places. I am not mourning the bad guys here, or otherwise singing their tune. I am asking whether, in a world already in difficult shape, with many variables I don't understand well enough, this was the proper response of a superpower committed, at least since 1945, to diplomacy and multilateral action before exercising a unilateral military response.

I hope this at least appears a little responsive to your question.
Thanks seacoaster, at least someone around here tries to by productive. The constant one-sided scoreboard thinking and projecting just gets old.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

What does that mean? I have no clue who is backing my mortgage or loans when I go to the bank?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:43 pm
What does that mean? I have no clue who is backing my mortgage or loans when I go to the bank?
Stop. If you don’t know what you are talking about you should do some research. You think this is a good thing?
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:46 pm
Stop. If you don’t know what you are talking about you should do some research.
It was formed as a question...sheesh., who pis$ed in your wheaties this morning.
~Livy

a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:43 am If the end-goal and prayers of the world by most people are for peace, then why would Iran and their military leaders try and shake down our embassy and those inside the green zone?

It seems we are more tolerant to give grace to the bad guys than our own country.
What BS. :roll: Trump has been spoiling for this since he took office. Now he has got it. He just injected steroids into Bush's mistake!
What did Trump's Admin retaliation of Iran storming our embassy have to do with your take that he wanted this all along. Are you implying he staged Iran and their military leader to attack our embassy? I asked a serious question, and you played partisan politics.
Was our embassy droned? Did we take casualties?

Note even close. They threw rocks. And we respond by assassinating a military leader? And then point to a piece of paper and say "he was on this list, so it's fine"

We've been in this stupid region for 50 freaking years, and Republican voters have learned nothing. Nothing.

You think we're going to send in more troops to the ME now? I do.

So much for old salt and VDH"s Bullsh*t evaluation of Trump's "new" strategy in the Middle East.

Headline on FoxNews: Republicans cheer, Dems fume....

Sweet.
doug7779

Post by doug7779 »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:37 pm "Pelosi was unreachable as she was masturbating to the impeachment documents."

To contribute I would have to put on my Vagina hat and see if I can emulate all the hypocritical snowflake babble you and your like are spewing...NOPE..
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

a fan wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:48 pm

Note even close. They threw rocks. And we respond by assassinating a military leader? And then point to a piece of paper and say "he was on this list, so it's fine"

We've been in this stupid region for 50 freaking years, and Republican voters have learned nothing. Nothing.

So much for old salt and VDH"s Bullsh*t evaluation of Trump's "new" strategy in the Middle East.

Sweet.
Just announced 3,000 more 82nd Airborne troops departing for Central Command area TODAY (this in addition to the 500 sent a few days ago meaning an entire Airborne brigade will be deployed in theater today)
a fan

Post by a fan »

There it is, doug. The same brilliant idea that got us in this stupid region in the first place.

We have millions of Americans who don't understand that fringe elements in the Middle East WANT to start a war.

That every time we send more troops and do stuff like Trump did yesterday yields another point in our enemies favor.

Right now, our Generals are looking at every US base and outpost, and asking "which of these are vulnerable to attack?" And they're getting ready to send more troops and hardware if they think it's needed.

Oh well. We'll never learn.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Kismet wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:59 pm

Sweet.
Just announced 3,000 more 82nd Airborne troops departing for Central Command area TODAY (this in addition to the 500 sent a few days ago meaning an entire Airborne brigade will be deployed in theater today)
Strange. I heard this last night, that the 82nd would be deploying immediately.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Sweet.
I am with you to an extent....your hindsight of them just throwing rocks seems a bit overzealous.....who would you call if bad guys are throwing rocks at your home or business....nobody, certainly not, you call the guys that can help you?

If you recall, I supported pulling out of Syria, Why?, for the same reason you express above.....nothing ever changes in this S-hole arena. It's almost like trying to talk on this thread...nobody ever seems to budge
~Livy

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

doug7779 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:52 pm
seacoaster wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:37 pm "Pelosi was unreachable as she was masturbating to the impeachment documents."

To contribute I would have to put on my Vagina hat and see if I can emulate all the hypocritical snowflake babble you and your like are spewing...NOPE..

Bandito is back. :lol:
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:47 pm
It was formed as a question...sheesh., who pis$ed in your wheaties this morning.
Seemed like your were making an equivalence. If accurate, do you believe this is a good or bad thing?
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:13 pm
Seemed like your were making an equivalence. If accurate, do you believe this is a good or bad thing?
Please answer my question. Do people that acquire loans thru lending institutions know who is backing their loan? I do not know the answer.
~Livy

Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:08 pm

Sweet.
I am with you to an extent....your hindsight of them just throwing rocks seems a bit overzealous.....who would you call if bad guys are throwing rocks at your home or business....nobody, certainly not, you call the guys that can help you?

If you recall, I supported pulling out of Syria, Why?, for the same reason you express above.....nothing ever changes in this S-hole arena. It's almost like trying to talk on this thread...nobody ever seems to budge
How long have you been commonly referencing countries or regions as S-holes?
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

I said arena, as in a place or scene of activity, debate, or conflict
~Livy

Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:16 pm
Please answer my question. Do people that acquire loans thru lending institutions know who is backing their loan? I do not know the answer.
Companies and High Net Worth individuals often know who is providing the credit enhancement.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:20 pm I said arena, as in a place or scene of activity, debate, or conflict
I asked how long have you been using that term?
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:16 pm

HELL YES! No way Trump could not know this given the size of the loans. I though you were a business man.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:21 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:20 pm I said arena, as in a place or scene of activity, debate, or conflict
I asked how long have you been using that term?
No clue, why?
~Livy

Return to “POLITICS”