Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
DMac

Re: Orange Duce

Post by DMac »

DocBarrister wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:26 pm
DMac wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:15 pm
seacoaster wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:32 am
DocBarrister wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:29 am
DMac wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:08 am
DocBarrister wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:17 am
Eddie Gallagher is a murderous piece of trash. Any effort to defend him is an exercise in repugnant bigotry and callousness.

DocBarrister
Me love you long time, Doc, been many years now. You very smart, consistent, and dependable man. Happy for you you have President you deserve, too. The in your face, up yours Prez that you drove people to vote for, happy to see you're continuing your effort. KAG!!!!! (If Gallagher were a brown transgender, you'd call him a great American hero.)
Got a minor little dilemma going on Doc and I've learned over the years to go to someone who knows and is experienced when you've got questions. Don't know whether to go with Weiner Dog on crescents for hors d'oeuvres for New Years Eve or just go with the Shih Tzu shank. Whadaya think?
KAG, baby!!!! Keep up the good work.
Oh, and HNY.
Thanks for proving my point about Trump supporters.

DocBarrister 8-)
He's not a Trump supporter; most of his posts are the embodiment of disappointment in Trump and the current GOP in Congress. He's goading you and, like trout to the fly, you hit. He and others are simply suggesting that your posts that excoriate voters are not as helpful as perhaps you think.
Of course you're right on the money, sc, Doc is just too blinded by his hate for the white folks in the country to see it.

I haven't forgotten much of what you wrote in '16 about Her Holiness and how the evil white guy is all done, Doc. All racists, bigots, and unsavory folks. You did drive people to the booth to pull the lever for Trump and you'll do it again, but of course, you won't listen to me. Oh, and if my next 200 posts are all racist, I'll still have a loooonnnggg way to go to catch up with the number of racist posts you've put out here.
I’m glad you admitted that your post was racist, DMac. That’s a start on the way to redemption and forgiveness.
This must be something you've read about as it's certainly nothing you've ever practiced here.
I forgive you. Happy New Year.
Not looking for your forgiveness, just trying to help you out but you just don't get it. Happy New Year to you too.

Oh, and I would stick with the weiner dogs, although I understand the real thing is pretty tasty, too.
I meant the real thing as in Daschund, but thanks for the tip. Why you would ask sc where I was coming from is puzzling, why wouldn't you just ask me? It's a subject I know you're familiar with, after all, https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/news/ ... 930025002/
I happened to have been around quite a number of ROK Marines, a very scary and intimidating lot, I must say (perhaps a relative or two of yours?) You might call them murderous pieces of trash, but then again that's probably just limited to white American warriors with you.
If ordered to take any captives back to base, “airborne interrogation” was frequent, and the number of prisoners when getting off the helicopter was somehow lower than when they got on.

https://www.quora.com/Were-ROK-troops-s ... ietnam-war
Keep up the good work, Doc.

DocBarrister 8-)
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

I'll go with Dmac on the ROK Marines in Vietnam since he was there. Doc sure as hell wasn't and neither was Quora. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bart

Post by Bart »

LandM wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:04 pm
3. For the last time in caps DO NOT SEND YOUNG MEN IN BAD SITUATIONS TO DO WHAT YOU OR YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS WILL NOT DO.
I've read the back andd forth on this so no need to go back. This is an honest question:

Who gets to decide then? In your mind then does the President of the United States have to be a Veteran?
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Kismet wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:12 pm I'll go with Dmac on the ROK Marines in Vietnam since he was there. Doc sure as hell wasn't and neither was Quora. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ROK atrocities in Vietnam are well-documented.

But both of you understand that I am an American, correct?

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
LandM

Post by LandM »

Bart,
The military is not a police force.. You train people to do a mission, pull a trigger and come home. The military is not a babysitter. The taxpayer spends hundreds of thousands of dollars training elite people to go in and get out. That is not what happened in Afghanistan and Iraq. The shock worked, they awe not so much.

The President has that authority - I only wish Congress along with the President would think about their decisions. DMac did time in Vietnam - did it make us safer? That little pi$$ant country cost 65,000 lives and allot of folks who have all kinds of mental issues which they did not create......for what.....last I checked we are still living safely. Been in a few pi$$ ant countries......still happily living free as a bird.
DMac

Post by DMac »

DocBarrister wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:20 pm
Kismet wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:12 pm I'll go with Dmac on the ROK Marines in Vietnam since he was there. Doc sure as hell wasn't and neither was Quora. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ROK atrocities in Vietnam are well-documented.

But both of you understand that I am an American, correct?

DocBarrister 8-)
Think I can safely speak for both of us here, Doc, and say yes.
You're one of the many who make up our diverse population.

I clearly remember your standing on the mountain top, Her Holiness' victory suredly in hand, and telling us about the despicable white man and how we're the scourge of the Earth. You have expressed those sentiments many different times and many different ways on these boards. For you to call anyone a racist truly is laughable. You've learned nothing in four years, Doc, and I do believe you and your ilk will continue to fuel the fire of the Trump base and spread it. JMHO. 8-)
a fan

Post by a fan »

DocBarrister wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:37 am No, you’re the one who’s been fooled. This is not DMac’s first racist post. He’s the conservative who decries Trump and then pulls that lever for Trump when no one is looking.
Tone it down, Doc. Enough of the calling everyone and everything that moves racist. It's not ok.

DMac is a respected poster around here, and is no more of a racist than the rest of us here--and that includes you. And if you call everyone a racist----pretty offensive thing to do----you're going to get your fire returned.

Tone it down. Please. You have to give respect to get respect.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

a fan wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:27 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:37 am No, you’re the one who’s been fooled. This is not DMac’s first racist post. He’s the conservative who decries Trump and then pulls that lever for Trump when no one is looking.
Tone it down, Doc. Enough of the calling everyone and everything that moves racist. It's not ok.

DMac is a respected poster around here, and is no more of a racist than the rest of us here--and that includes you. And if you call everyone a racist----pretty offensive thing to do----you're going to get your fire returned.

Tone it down. Please. You have to give respect to get respect.
DMac’s posts pretty much proved my points, a fan. I’m sure he didn’t intend to, but he did. You may find a classic racist slur against Koreans (and racist stereotyped Asian-immigrant speech) to be no big thing, but I beg to differ. Again, DMac proved my points ... I could not have done a better job.

And the points I’ve made about Trump’s core supporters? Stated in whole in the Washington Post, NY Times, and other major publications. I quote and cite those publications for a reason. My views are mainstream views.

As for many of the views expressed by conservatives or Trump supporters on this forum? Neither “civil” nor acceptable. And that’s about as nicely as I can put that.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
a fan

Post by a fan »

We're all good people, here to discuss ideas.

You know full well that you let your on line character cross the line. You don't get to complain when someone returns fire.

Stop calling all of us racists? You'll be treated with the same respect you give......

So please. Tone it down.

That's all I have to say on the matter.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

LandM wrote: ↑Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:04 pm

3. For the last time in caps DO NOT SEND YOUNG MEN IN BAD SITUATIONS TO DO WHAT YOU OR YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS WILL NOT DO.
I've read the back andd forth on this so no need to go back. This is an honest question:

Who gets to decide then? In your mind then does the President of the United States have to be a Veteran?
LandM wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:55 pm Bart,
The military is not a police force.. You train people to do a mission, pull a trigger and come home. The military is not a babysitter. The taxpayer spends hundreds of thousands of dollars training elite people to go in and get out. That is not what happened in Afghanistan and Iraq. The shock worked, they awe not so much.

The President has that authority - I only wish Congress along with the President would think about their decisions. DMac did time in Vietnam - did it make us safer? That little pi$$ant country cost 65,000 lives and allot of folks who have all kinds of mental issues which they did not create......for what.....last I checked we are still living safely. Been in a few pi$$ ant countries......still happily living free as a bird.
Seems to me you failed again to answer a straight question, LandM.
This time by Bart.
LandM

Post by LandM »

TLD, I must be sitting in your chair :lol:

MD - let me answer, which I thought I did - no - is that acceptable?
LandM

Post by LandM »

MD,
BTW - I failed in school but not in life - hopefully that answers your other question
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

LandM wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:04 pm Best part of reading your posts MD is I get to learn a new word :D every day. My Websters is smoking

I am not a "tough" guy nor am I an egotistcal, elitist who thinks I am smarter then the average Joe who pontificates because I have a keyboard. I am just a guy who has had allot of fun - think Al/Rodney in Caddyshack only with a pony tail and a pierced ear.

To answer your questions:
1. Not sure which thread, your wife has a Harvard MBA, runs a real estate company and I must have mis-read that you ran it - my apologizes - I seem to get people confused;
2. You and others are relying on a reporter who had no first hand knowledge of the situation - you just impeached a President for the the same no first hand knowledge - I was not there and I was not part of his team. i do know the community and will therefore defer judgement - hey I really did get that law degree :lol:

Hopefully this clears it up. If I missed something, please let me know.
Nope, your homework or memory is faulty. While my wife indeed earned a Harvard MBA and I'm plenty proud of her, she does not run or own a real estate company. We're co-founders of a tech company, she's the CEO of this one, her idea. We've also been venture and private equity investors together, strategy consultants together. We've also bought, run, and sold a distribution and retail business. She got her start out of B-School at Bain & Company, mine was with Alex. Brown. I do also now 'manage' a small commercial real estate business after my dad's passing last year on behalf of my mom, sister and the family of my dad's partner who also passed away last year. Not my wife's business. Her dad was a commercial fisherman, many generations of such, never went to college, went into Navy at 16 to serve in WWII; mom a school nurse. Working class. She paid her own way through college and grad school. Again, I'm proud of her.

However, not sure why even a smidgen of all that would be pertinent to any discussion we've been having, though. What's your point?

By 'tough guy', I was referring to your bluster, your insults, as if any of that made any sense at all to do, while you refuse to answer a simple question. I get it that the obvious answer makes you uncomfortable, but that shouldn't be anything that should actually deter a guy with "balls". Sometimes you just need to answer it straight, concede the other guy has a valid point, then share where your perspective adds something of value.

And you have plenty of perspective to add, so just drop all the insults.
I promise to be one of those who will respect your contributions if you do so.

On the #2, pretty sure I haven't impeached anyone. The House Dems and Justin Amash did so.
Do I think they did their Constitutional duty? Yes.
Happy to argue the pros and cons, but beyond that, my duty is as a voter, not an elected Rep.

I'm also not relying on any particular reporter though I do pay attention to serious journalism, but more importantly I've listened to and read a heck of a lot of testimony. Sure, some of those who have additional first hand knowledge are being prevented by Trump from testifying under oath, but why is that? Surely if their testimony would exonerate him, he'd be eager to let them testify, right?

I quite agree about the test any decision maker should ask themselves about a decision to send others into harm's way. And yeah, I have had a lot of family members in the military. IC as well.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

LandM wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:32 pm TLD, I must be sitting in your chair :lol:

MD - let me answer, which I thought I did - no - is that acceptable?
Sure, but you do see the issue, right?
And you really thought you'd answered "no" to Bart?
Read your answer, you avoided it.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

LandM wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:34 pm MD,
BTW - I failed in school but not in life - hopefully that answers your other question
I have no idea what that one is in reference to, LandM.

BTW, a heck of a lot of folks "failed at school' but later succeeded in life.
Glad it worked out for you.

BTW, I quite agree that there are lots of 'book smart' types that don't succeed in life.
Assuming that's your other point. Was it? If so, we're on the same page there.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

a fan wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:56 pm We're all good people, here to discuss ideas.

You know full well that you let your on line character cross the line. You don't get to complain when someone returns fire.

Stop calling all of us racists? You'll be treated with the same respect you give......

So please. Tone it down.

That's all I have to say on the matter.
I haven’t seen you criticize DMac’s posts yet. There is something seriously wrong about your failure to criticize some clearly racist posts.

I respect plenty of folks on this forum. But this wasn’t the first time DMac has posted a racist message. Even Wombat, who hardly agrees with me on much of anything, criticized DMac for prior racist behavior.

viewtopic.php?f=290&t=1287&start=1020

Respect shouldn’t be granted so cheaply. Certainly won’t be from me.

Let me be blunt ... the lacrosse community has a long ways to go when it comes to having respectable responses towards racist acts or speech. You’ll get my respect when you have earned it.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
DMac

Post by DMac »

Appreciate the the kind words, a fan, but I'm not sure no one would disagree with that respected part.
You're the second person, who I respect as posters, who have said pretty much the same thing and that's plenty good enough for me.
You're out of line, DocB, and you have been for a long time (Satanic Gun Club, which, of course, all gunowners are a member of), you are the poster child for what is wrong with the D party. You garner votes for the Rs, but five sheepskins and all, you just don't get that. All that nasty racist stuff you write about the white man, Ds and independents are reading too. Enough of them were piszed off enough about it all last time around they went into the booth and pulled the stick it in your asz lever. You, and yours, keep up the good work and President Donald J Trump (and fam) will will be your two term President.
You use WOMBAT as a reference confirming my racism? C'mon, Doc, you had to have had some hesitency when you wrote that, geezuz h. Was that in refernce to my observation of Myles Jones' play in the Dome v Cuse when I said I thought he was a lazy lacrosse player (one assist and no sign of hustle all day..nota)? Oh boy, indeed I was a racist when I said that...certainly was accused of it at any rate. That's a bullschidt call. Does my calling a coach of yours a phatt asz make me a racist? If it does, I'll own up to that part.
You're the biggest racist on the board, Doc, a position you've held for many years. If I've got a chance of being on yours and WOMBAT's side, or a fan and sc's side, well, c'mon.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Some of us here were drawing parallels between the Trump Epidemic and 1933 a few years ago; now it is starting to go mainstream. Joe in the Post:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... story.html

"Polite society warns against the drawing of certain historical parallels. But as another tumultuous year of Donald Trump’s presidency draws to a close, it seems like a good time to ask: Where does one look for a political equivalent in a year when the president’s supporters chanted “send her back” about a nonwhite member of Congress?

Should we attach a bland label like “illiberalism” to such a wretched public display when “fascism” fits so much better? And what term best describes a 2019 political rally where a U.S. president, who had previously suggested the shooting of migrants, laughed as a supporter shouted that they should be gunned down at the border?

Do we bite our tongues as Trump apologists dismiss this rhetoric as harmless? Do we stay silent as left-wing commentators claim this to be the natural progression of Reagan conservatism? How do we define Trump’s slandering of Hispanics as breeders? How should newspaper editors and political leaders label a presidency that inspired white supremacists such as David Duke to celebrate Trump’s moral equivocation after Charlottesville? Terms such as “illiberalism” and “conservatism” seem both inaccurate and inadequate.

It is difficult to remember a time when Trump was seen as little more than a bumptious reality star who plastered his name on steaks, water bottles and apartment buildings around the world. Manhattan society long viewed the reality host’s career as the vulgar elevation of a trashy aesthetic, but millions of Americans always saw something more. Even during his political ascent, Republican and Democratic leaders alike shared Sen. Lindsey O. Graham’s view that the future president was a clown who had neither the character nor intelligence to be America’s next commander in chief. But elites’ failure to grasp Trump’s appeal, then and now, made him a greater threat to the natural checks and balances of Madisonian democracy.

One should never compare Trump’s rise directly to that of German fascism, and still there are lessons that can be drawn from every era. Sebastian Haffner’s 1939 memoir “Defying Hitler” spoke of influencers who initially dismissed the Nazi party for its “violent stupidity,” much like Trump’s critics mocked the reality star’s candidacy with a chuckle. The “Saturday Night Live” skit with Hillary Clinton laughing at her good fortune for drawing Trump as a political opponent comes to mind.

“I was inclined not to take them very seriously,” Haffner wrote in 1939, “a common attitude among their inexperienced opponents, which helped them a lot.” The German journalist and lawyer observed that while the “vilest abuse” could be directed toward Jews, “the process of the law was not changed at all.”

A cursory review of Auschwitz or Dachau’s history reveals how the evil of Hitler’s reign does not remotely compare to the current state of U.S. politics. The cost of illiberalism’s spread in the age of Trump may be better understood by studying the erosion of democratic norms in Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s Turkey or Viktor Orban’s Hungary, or the further strengthening of China and Russia’s autocratic regimes. But we should still remain mindful that the failure of Germany’s political, financial and media elites to serve as a bulwark against the illiberal impulses that seized that country then mirrors the failure of American leaders initially to grasp the consequences of Donald J. Trump. Three years later, the question remains of how best to respond to that threat.

Before his passing, The Post’s Charles Krauthammer wrote that “the sinews of our democracy” were still holding “against the careening recklessness of this presidency.” Whether those institutions can hold firm through a second Trump term remains an open question. Ever the optimist, I suspect that a country that, during the 20th century alone, survived numerous financial crises, the Great Depression and two world wars while also beating back the spread of Nazism and Soviet Communism, can survive four more years of Trump. But why tempt fate?

I knew Trump fairly well before he entered politics. Like many, I saw him first as a cartoonish figure, colorful but innocuous. Then I saw him as an entertainer, superficial but engaging. Then I saw him as a threat, appealing but erratic. Then, at last, I saw this reality TV president as a malevolent character, inspiring fascist chants while proving to be more hapless than any of his 43 predecessors. All versions of Trump have been cynical and manipulative, but his latest incarnation has proved to be destructive to his party, his country and the world.

Though you may not know Trump as I once did, you do know that only a weak man speaks endlessly of his strength and only an ignorant man brags incessantly of his wisdom. Despite these debilitating flaws, or perhaps because of them, Adm. William McRaven — the man who oversaw the raid that killed Osama bin Laden — believes Donald Trump is the greatest threat facing American democracy. How voters respond to that danger in the new year may well determine the arc of our future for a generation to come."
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:46 am Some of us here were drawing parallels between the Trump Epidemic and 1933 a few years ago; now it is starting to go mainstream. Joe in the Post:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... story.html

"Polite society warns against the drawing of certain historical parallels. But as another tumultuous year of Donald Trump’s presidency draws to a close, it seems like a good time to ask: Where does one look for a political equivalent in a year when the president’s supporters chanted “send her back” about a nonwhite member of Congress?

Should we attach a bland label like “illiberalism” to such a wretched public display when “fascism” fits so much better? And what term best describes a 2019 political rally where a U.S. president, who had previously suggested the shooting of migrants, laughed as a supporter shouted that they should be gunned down at the border?

Do we bite our tongues as Trump apologists dismiss this rhetoric as harmless? Do we stay silent as left-wing commentators claim this to be the natural progression of Reagan conservatism? How do we define Trump’s slandering of Hispanics as breeders? How should newspaper editors and political leaders label a presidency that inspired white supremacists such as David Duke to celebrate Trump’s moral equivocation after Charlottesville? Terms such as “illiberalism” and “conservatism” seem both inaccurate and inadequate.

It is difficult to remember a time when Trump was seen as little more than a bumptious reality star who plastered his name on steaks, water bottles and apartment buildings around the world. Manhattan society long viewed the reality host’s career as the vulgar elevation of a trashy aesthetic, but millions of Americans always saw something more. Even during his political ascent, Republican and Democratic leaders alike shared Sen. Lindsey O. Graham’s view that the future president was a clown who had neither the character nor intelligence to be America’s next commander in chief. But elites’ failure to grasp Trump’s appeal, then and now, made him a greater threat to the natural checks and balances of Madisonian democracy.

One should never compare Trump’s rise directly to that of German fascism, and still there are lessons that can be drawn from every era. Sebastian Haffner’s 1939 memoir “Defying Hitler” spoke of influencers who initially dismissed the Nazi party for its “violent stupidity,” much like Trump’s critics mocked the reality star’s candidacy with a chuckle. The “Saturday Night Live” skit with Hillary Clinton laughing at her good fortune for drawing Trump as a political opponent comes to mind.

“I was inclined not to take them very seriously,” Haffner wrote in 1939, “a common attitude among their inexperienced opponents, which helped them a lot.” The German journalist and lawyer observed that while the “vilest abuse” could be directed toward Jews, “the process of the law was not changed at all.”

A cursory review of Auschwitz or Dachau’s history reveals how the evil of Hitler’s reign does not remotely compare to the current state of U.S. politics. The cost of illiberalism’s spread in the age of Trump may be better understood by studying the erosion of democratic norms in Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s Turkey or Viktor Orban’s Hungary, or the further strengthening of China and Russia’s autocratic regimes. But we should still remain mindful that the failure of Germany’s political, financial and media elites to serve as a bulwark against the illiberal impulses that seized that country then mirrors the failure of American leaders initially to grasp the consequences of Donald J. Trump. Three years later, the question remains of how best to respond to that threat.

Before his passing, The Post’s Charles Krauthammer wrote that “the sinews of our democracy” were still holding “against the careening recklessness of this presidency.” Whether those institutions can hold firm through a second Trump term remains an open question. Ever the optimist, I suspect that a country that, during the 20th century alone, survived numerous financial crises, the Great Depression and two world wars while also beating back the spread of Nazism and Soviet Communism, can survive four more years of Trump. But why tempt fate?

I knew Trump fairly well before he entered politics. Like many, I saw him first as a cartoonish figure, colorful but innocuous. Then I saw him as an entertainer, superficial but engaging. Then I saw him as a threat, appealing but erratic. Then, at last, I saw this reality TV president as a malevolent character, inspiring fascist chants while proving to be more hapless than any of his 43 predecessors. All versions of Trump have been cynical and manipulative, but his latest incarnation has proved to be destructive to his party, his country and the world.

Though you may not know Trump as I once did, you do know that only a weak man speaks endlessly of his strength and only an ignorant man brags incessantly of his wisdom. Despite these debilitating flaws, or perhaps because of them, Adm. William McRaven — the man who oversaw the raid that killed Osama bin Laden — believes Donald Trump is the greatest threat facing American democracy. How voters respond to that danger in the new year may well determine the arc of our future for a generation to come."
tech, I don't know whether I'm "paranoid" or you are "naive", but I'm definitely leaning to better to be aware of the risks than not.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Trump spent 1 of 5 days at one of his golf clubs in 2019

I hope all you conservatives like funneling tens to hundreds of millions of your money to Trump properties while he golfs more than twice the rate Obama did.

Return to “POLITICS”