Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Kismet

Re: Orange Duce

Post by Kismet »

tech37 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:05 pm
ggait wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:20 pm
LandM wrote: ↑
Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:51 am
ggait - that is why you are a lawyer - you create the rules but do not have to follow them.
Yup -- that law degree is so awesome. I always drive 30 over the limit. Haven't paid taxes in decades. Support myself by robbing banks. I'm pretty much El Chapo, but without the prison time!

The only thing that could possibly be better than a law degree would have been if I had played college football. Apparently that would give me a license for unlimited wind bag humble (barely) bragging about how generally awesome I am....

Happy New Year. Hope you are enjoying the snow up in Telluride!
Try not being a dick ggait...I understand that's difficult for such a legal beagle such as yourself. Add up those "billable hours" yet today?

Try doing anything within our system without being forced to deal with a lawyer, whether you want to or not...that's all you need to know...a system established by lawyers...a stacked deck...in the hands of lawyers even the english language is a gimmick ;)

Happy New Year
Recall the line from Shakespeare's Dick the Butcher in ''Henry VI,'' Part II, act IV, Scene II

''The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers,''
Dick the Butcher was a follower of the rebel Jack Cade, who thought that if he disturbed law and order, he could become king. Shakespeare meant it as a compliment to attorneys and judges who instill justice in society.

Be careful what you wish for....you might just get it! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
LandM

Post by LandM »

TLD,
Fixated? Too funny. You must still be crying over that loss? Could you you even get into that school? Maybe a bb scholly
LandM

Post by LandM »

sorry TLD -fixated was meant for afan
a fan

Post by a fan »

No, it wasn't. TLD said "you are fixated".

Wasn't me....
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

LandM wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:46 pm TLD,
Fixated? Too funny. You must still be crying over that loss? Could you you even get into that school? Maybe a bb scholly
If you could make your mark you could get in!!! Too many distractions for me at that place. 30k girls! I never would have studied. A man has to know his limitations.....that Targeting call was a killer. Needed to be more efficient in the red zone. Better team lost. On to next year.....
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

This article details some of the problems in the prosecution of the cases against Chief Gallagher & his LT, ...what a cluster f...

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-nav ... -followed/

Apparently the NYT is too busy to look into that.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

“FREAKING EVIL.” That is how Special Operator First Class Craig Miller described Eddie Gallagher, the chief of his Navy SEAL platoon. Then, he wept.
The New York Times last week revealed investigative video recordings of testimony from members of SEAL Team 7 who reported behavior from Chief Petty Officer Gallagher that they believed violated the spirit of their profession and the rule of military law. These agonizing accounts make even more appalling President Trump’s unprecedented decision to reverse Chief Gallagher’s demotion and pardon two other service members convicted of war crimes this fall, and to preserve Chief Gallagher’s Trident pin by preempting the plans of Navy commanders.
The SEALs’ descriptions portray a fighter unhinged from the military’s mission of defending the nation and dedicated instead to his own desire to spill blood. Chief Gallagher, SEALs said, purposely exposed his soldiers to enemy fire and thought casualties in his platoon could win him a Silver Star. They said he bragged that “burqas were flying” when he shot at women and boasted after an operation that he had killed four of them — with the excuse that he had fired warning shots first. Other members of the platoon, they said, began to spend their days trying to “save civilians from Eddie.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... story.html

Eddie Gallagher is a murderous piece of trash. Any effort to defend him is an exercise in repugnant bigotry and callousness.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

LandM wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:43 pm best snowflakes was saying Merry Christmas the past two weeks - it awesome watching "real" snowflakes melt

afan - for the life of me your brother must be pi$$ed as you post and he does the hardwork

ggait - yep I got my law degree from the school of hard knocks - Harvard, Yale, pick one - Telluride next month and yes I enjoyed beating ND three years in a row and holding the CIC trophy - I can say that and you cannot :lol:

MD - you manage your wife's real estate business. If you think I am being harsh wake up to reality of sending young men into bad situations.

You send young men (no offense women) into little pi$$ any countries for no reason to do a job. That is your tax dollars. If that is harsh.........then do not do it.
I manage my wife's real estate business???
Are you completely addled?

Where do you get this nonsense?

Keep puffing your chest LandM, you only look more ridiculous.
Same for purposely trying to offend others.

How about just bothering to actually read what others have said and responding to that instead of making up faux battles?

We all can understand that when "young men get sent into bad situations" again and again there's a very real risk of their breaking down mentally. I'd add that this also can happen due to CTE, and concussive events are quite common in combat. 6-7 deployments? You betcha, Gallagher may well have been a very different man as a result. I agree with cradle on that speculation.

Should we have sympathy for Gallagher, if that's the case? Sure.
If that's all you are saying, we agree.

But should we be ok with his calling his fellow SEALs cowards?
That's the question you refuse to answer, tough guy.
https://twitter.com/David_Philipps/stat ... 1934189568

BTW, Telluride's beautiful. Great skiing, great vibe.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
DMac

Post by DMac »

DocBarrister wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:17 am
Eddie Gallagher is a murderous piece of trash. Any effort to defend him is an exercise in repugnant bigotry and callousness.

DocBarrister
Me love you long time, Doc, been many years now. You very smart, consistent, and dependable man. Happy for you you have President you deserve, too. The in your face, up yours Prez that you drove people to vote for, happy to see you're continuing your effort. KAG!!!!! (If Gallagher were a brown transgender, you'd call him a great American hero.)
Got a minor little dilemma going on Doc and I've learned over the years to go to someone who knows and is experienced when you've got questions. Don't know whether to go with Weiner Dog on crescents for hors d'oeuvres for New Years Eve or just go with the Shih Tzu shank. Whadaya think?
KAG, baby!!!! Keep up the good work.
Oh, and HNY.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

I’ve had enough of the incendiary comments of CU88 and Doc Barrister. I’m going to burn down my house to get back at them. They’re not going to get away with this. No, no, no.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

DMac wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:08 am

DocBarrister
Me love you long time, Doc, been many years now. You very smart, consistent, and dependable man. Happy for you you have President you deserve, too. The in your face, up yours Prez that you drove people to vote for, happy to see you're continuing your effort. KAG!!!!! (If Gallagher were a brown transgender, you'd call him a great American hero.)
Got a minor little dilemma going on Doc and I've learned over the years to go to someone who knows and is experienced when you've got questions. Don't know whether to go with Weiner Dog on crescents for hors d'oeuvres for New Years Eve or just go with the Shih Tzu shank. Whadaya think?
Oh, and HNY.
Thanks for proving my point about Trump supporters.

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

DocBarrister wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:29 am

DocBarrister
Oh, and HNY.

DocBarrister 8-)
He's not a Trump supporter; most of his posts are the embodiment of disappointment in Trump and the current GOP in Congress. He's goading you and, like trout to the fly, you hit. He and others are simply suggesting that your posts that excoriate voters are not as helpful as perhaps you think.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:32 am

DocBarrister
Oh, and HNY.

DocBarrister 8-)
He's not a Trump supporter; most of his posts are the embodiment of disappointment in Trump and the current GOP in Congress. He's goading you and, like trout to the fly, you hit. He and others are simply suggesting that your posts that excoriate voters are not as helpful as perhaps you think.
No, you’re the one who’s been fooled. This is not DMac’s first racist post. He’s the conservative who decries Trump and then pulls that lever for Trump when no one is looking.

You might want to ask yourself where the substance of his post came from. His vivid imagination, or is it something he actually thinks?

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

DocBarrister wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:37 am

DocBarrister
Oh, and HNY.

DocBarrister 8-)
No, you’re the one who’s been fooled. This is not DMac’s first racist post. He’s the conservative who decries Trump and then pulls that lever for Trump when no one is looking.

You might want to ask yourself where the substance of his post came from. His vivid imagination, or is it something he actually thinks?

DocBarrister 8-)
OK, last post on this for me. I don't think I've been fooled. I don't think DMac is a "racist." And I don't think he will pull the lever for Trump. As these things go, I know him well enough through some shared observations and correspondence to conclude that he's a good guy, a thoughtful guy, and respect that his life experience is different -- maybe dramatically different -- than mine.

Over the past six months or so, we have seen -- and I've sure been part of -- a real decline in civility on this board. For my part, I am sorry about that. Happy New Year; it promises to be a very trying and difficult year ahead.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:43 am
DocBarrister wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:37 am

DocBarrister
Oh, and HNY.

DocBarrister 8-)

DocBarrister 8-)
OK, last post on this for me. I don't think I've been fooled. I don't think DMac is a "racist." And I don't think he will pull the lever for Trump. As these things go, I know him well enough through some shared observations and correspondence to conclude that he's a good guy, a thoughtful guy, and respect that his life experience is different -- maybe dramatically different -- than mine.

Over the past six months or so, we have seen -- and I've sure been part of -- a real decline in civility on this board. For my part, I am sorry about that. Happy New Year; it promises to be a very trying and difficult year ahead.
I have known plenty of “good” people ... mentors, professors, colleagues, close friends, one or two prominent individuals ... who were people I liked and admired who turned out to have some pretty awful racist beliefs. Heck, some didn’t even realize what they were saying was racist.

I didn’t cut them off or refuse to deal with them. I take people as they are, flaws and all. But, sometimes you do need to call a spade a spade.

By the way ... as you may note, I try to be “civil” in making observations about Trump supporters through quotations of articles from the Washington Post, NY Times, and other mainstream news outlets. Those news outlets have also apparently agreed ... sometimes you have to call a spade a spade. For too long, some of us have had to accept racism in a genteel manner.

That time’s over.

Anyway, you never answered my question (really, the main question you should be asking) ... where did the racist substance of DMac’s post come from — his vivid imagination or is it something he actually thinks?

DocBarrister 8-)
Last edited by DocBarrister on Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
@DocBarrister
LandM

Post by LandM »

Best part of reading your posts MD is I get to learn a new word :D every day. My Websters is smoking

I am not a "tough" guy nor am I an egotistcal, elitist who thinks I am smarter then the average Joe who pontificates because I have a keyboard. I am just a guy who has had allot of fun - think Al/Rodney in Caddyshack only with a pony tail and a pierced ear.

To answer your questions:
1. Not sure which thread, your wife has a Harvard MBA, runs a real estate company and I must have mis-read that you ran it - my apologizes - I seem to get people confused;
2. You and others are relying on a reporter who had no first hand knowledge of the situation - you just impeached a President for the the same no first hand knowledge - I was not there and I was not part of his team. i do know the community and will therefore defer judgement - hey I really did get that law degree :lol:
3. For the last time in caps DO NOT SEND YOUNG MEN IN BAD SITUATIONS TO DO WHAT YOU OR YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS WILL NOT DO.

Hopefully this clears it up. If I missed something, please let me know.
DMac

Post by DMac »

DocBarrister
Oh, and HNY.

DocBarrister 8-)
Of course you're right on the money, sc, Doc is just too blinded by his hate for the white folks in the country to see it.

I haven't forgotten much of what you wrote in '16 about Her Holiness and how the evil white guy is all done, Doc. All racists, bigots, and unsavory folks. You did drive people to the booth to pull the lever for Trump and you'll do it again, but of course, you won't listen to me. Oh, and if my next 200 posts are all racist, I'll still have a loooonnnggg way to go to catch up with the number of racist posts you've put out here.
LandM

Post by LandM »

TLD,
Just read your post and just got off the floor. That was too damn funny.

The Academy never had spring break when other schools did. My freshman year (doolie) year my buddies and high school teammates (no offense ggait) invited me to spend the week with them. I would have never gotten through a civilian school. I see the stuff at PSU and I wonder how do people survive. The good news is they do and go off and do great things..........my cap is tipped to them.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

DMac wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:15 pm

DocBarrister
Oh, and HNY.

DocBarrister 8-)
Of course you're right on the money, sc, Doc is just too blinded by his hate for the white folks in the country to see it.

I haven't forgotten much of what you wrote in '16 about Her Holiness and how the evil white guy is all done, Doc. All racists, bigots, and unsavory folks. You did drive people to the booth to pull the lever for Trump and you'll do it again, but of course, you won't listen to me. Oh, and if my next 200 posts are all racist, I'll still have a loooonnnggg way to go to catch up with the number of racist posts you've put out here.
I’m glad you admitted that your post was racist, DMac. That’s a start on the way to redemption and forgiveness.

I forgive you. Happy New Year.

Oh, and I would stick with the weiner dogs, although I understand the real thing is pretty tasty, too.

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

LandM wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:19 pm TLD,
Just read your post and just got off the floor. That was too damn funny.

The Academy never had spring break when other schools did. My freshman year (doolie) year my buddies and high school teammates (no offense ggait) invited me to spend the week with them. I would have never gotten through a civilian school. I see the stuff at PSU and I wonder how do people survive. The good news is they do and go off and do great things..........my cap is tipped to them.
I knew a lot of OSU casualties. Just not a good fit for me. I had to sit in the first seat in front of the teacher or I might have problems. 30k girls between the age 18-22 is just too many chances not to study. Pepper Johnson made a kid that was hitting on his sister cry while apologizing to his sister for calling her a “B*tch. It was during Spring lifting season. An absolute animal. I have a funny story involving Pepper and my girlfriend. Glad I didn’t have to deal with Pepper once I finally met him.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”