Coaching Carousel

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Dr. Tact

Re: Coaching Carousel

Post by Dr. Tact »

Downhill Dodger wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:09 pm
LaxPundit07 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:35 am I am not sure what I should be more afraid of: another Patriot League coach getting canned OR the rumor starting on the Real Housewives of Potomac message board.
I would be more afraid of the PL League coach getting canned, the question is how would a school conduct a search at this date?
I heard that this situation is no longer a "placed on leave" situation. Can anyone confirm?
Downhill Dodger

Post by Downhill Dodger »

I heard from a current recruits parent that the coach is no longer with the program
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Downhill Dodger wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:08 pm I heard from a current recruits parent that the coach is no longer with the program
That is what I heard as well....
SPIDERLAXFAN

Post by SPIDERLAXFAN »

Apologies for my ignorance, but I’m trying to decipher this thread. Which PL team is this referring to, Navy?
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

SPIDERLAXFAN wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:55 am Apologies for my ignorance, but I’m trying to decipher this thread. Which PL team is this referring to, Navy?
the rumor is American U
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

Still listed on the team’s website, webmaster must be on vacation!
SPIDERLAXFAN

Post by SPIDERLAXFAN »

Ok thanks. Sometimes these threads can get overly cryptic.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

Bucknell got their coach. If i knew how to add a link I would.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

8meterPA wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:37 pm Bucknell got their coach. If i knew how to add a link I would.
place the link between the link code that pops up when you hit the Chain/link button
Downhill Dodger

8meterPA wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:09 pm Still listed on the team’s website, webmaster must be on vacation!
Head Coach at AU removed from website. Do they have to release all their 2020 recruits who just signed NLIs?
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

Downhill Dodger wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:14 am
8meterPA wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:09 pm Still listed on the team’s website, webmaster must be on vacation!
Head Coach at AU removed from website. Do they have to release all their 2020 recruits who just signed NLIs?
Recruits can be released from the NLI if the recruit wants to, however, it’s so late in the process they will end up staying.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

I wouldn’t just assume recruits will stay with the coaching change. They could easily jump on D3 opportunities at top programs that have incredible academics. If you are a Bucknell signee and your coach was just fired, and you have the chance to go to Gettysburg, Franklin and Marshall, or any of the top 10 NESCAC schools, wouldn’t you at least consider it? (If you can afford it). Great shot to win a national title, play a bunch, get a great education and play for a coaching legend like I.e. Carol Cantele at Gettysburg (multiple titles, team USA coaching experience, nationally respected).
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:01 am I wouldn’t just assume recruits will stay with the coaching change. They could easily jump on D3 opportunities at top programs that have incredible academics. If you are a Bucknell signee and your coach was just fired, and you have the chance to go to Gettysburg, Franklin and Marshall, or any of the top 10 NESCAC schools, wouldn’t you at least consider it? (If you can afford it). Great shot to win a national title, play a bunch, get a great education and play for a coaching legend like I.e. Carol Cantele at Gettysburg (multiple titles, team USA coaching experience, nationally respected).
I get your point, but highly doubtful. Admission deadlines are usually 1/15 so only 2 weeks out and they probably never visited any of the schools you mentioned let alone applied. Going to a small NESCAC in New England to play lacrosse is much different playing at a large D1 in Washington DC. Hopefully the kids and their parents had those discussions about choosing the college, not the coach...coaches leave all the time. Just my opinion, but the kids at Bucknell will enjoy playing for their new coach and I'm guessing American will name one asap.

Also, you have to consider the $$, most kids are going to receive 30 - 50% athletic scholarship, so parent's may have a say if you are receiving $30,000+ at a Bucknell/American which are $70,000 all in, but receive $0 at F/M, Gettysburg and NESCAC schools which are all $70,000+ as well.

The easy answer is to check in a month to see if all the 2020's are still committed to Bucknell/American. I'm guessing 100% will stay.
Downhill Dodger

I just heard the whole story on the American situation, not good. Sounds like they are going the interim route for the spring. Recently released head coach made some massive errors in judgement, transition and player treatment. School did full investigation and rightfully let her go. Some of these coaches are absolutely clueless to the big picture. The growth of the sport is putting people in positions they are not qualified for or have the skill set to manage and it results in situations like this one. Hopefully they will get it right in a national search this spring and IMO coaches like the former head coach are not considered for future jobs.
fatlaxfan

Fresno State Lacrosse Head Coach resigns

Post by fatlaxfan »

From the Collegian "It is unclear the reasoning behind Giglio’s resignation so close to the beginning of the season, with official practice starting at the beginning of the spring semester and the regular season starting on Feb. 15." I wonder if this has to do anything with the NCAA investigation she was under last year?
8meterPA

Re: Fresno State Lacrosse Head Coach resigns

Post by 8meterPA »

Bizarre and unfortunate. Maybe I’m just noticing it more, but seems like there’s been a bunch of coaches leaving, getting fired or resigning with little to no notice and puts the program and kids in a very tough spot.
fatlaxfan

Re: Fresno State Lacrosse Head Coach resigns

Post by fatlaxfan »

Gigilo garnered a 41-80 record going just 8-45 in conference play in her tenure. I agree the timing is bad, it must have been something that just could not be tolerated anymore for her to "resign" at the start of the season.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

St. Bonaventure. Still no head coach. Wow.
HVGuy

Post by HVGuy »

The Bonnies have a coach - just can't announce due to work visa issues.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”