The Nation's Financial Condition

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: The Nation's Financial Condition

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:15 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:09 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:59 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:57 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:04 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:47 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:32 pm
ABV 8.3% wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:51 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:12 am
ABV 8.3% wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:02 am
jhu72 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:44 am that's easy, remove Trump from office. :lol:
With whom? Wine cellar Pete?
Works for me.

Pete got the better of that exchange by a wide margin.
And that didn't even include that Warren was flat wrong about that event being closed to the press.

Warren got her butt handed to her.
Amy Klobuchar did far better in her exchange with Pete, but neither were actually damaged by that one.

I'd love to see either Pete or Amy (or both) take on Trump.
I think they'd crush him.

I'm worried about the rest, though I do think Bloomberg would be a great contrast.
Biden had his best night, helping folks like me be a little less worried...but I remain concerned about his ability to actually debate an issue effectively.

Dems, please don't give us Warren or Sanders. It'll make it far harder for us to persuade our pals to cross the line and vote for the Dem.

And it's simply not an attractive proposition to need to listen to them for the next 4 years if they did win.
Such a Holden ........why is a CONservative watching a DNC tv show (it's NOT a debate ) .....at all?

Does BIll Weld not do it for you? Why aren't you working to get YOUR gop back?
Nope, as much as I'd prefer Weld, fatty, this is the Trump/GOP.

That's not going to change unless Trump is defeated at the polls, the more ignominiously the better.

Post ignominious defeat, there can be some reckoning with how, why, who went so wrong.

Until then, my interest is who may best defeat him and then manage the job well.
They'll have 4-8 years to do so.
How can this be the Trump GOP? Trump is about as much a Republican as HRC is. Trump is about as much a conservative as is Bernie Sanders. Trump is the fly in the ointment that none of you people saw coming. The one credit I can give to Trump is he has the balls to not care about what other people and the media say about him. They hit him... he hits back. When the media attacked mittens... he ran under the bed and hid. Would not be prudent to defend yourself. Media might judge you too harshly... :)
Spoken as a true Trumpist, ex-Dem...fitting right in with the angry, resentful, fearful demographic he appeals to most.

He obviously owns the party now, the full apparatus, with anyone not on board and appropriately bending the knee faces being primaried with the full weight of the base opposed. So, they leave office, one way or another.

It was an ugly takeover and its not finished playing out in its entirety.

It's doomed to ultimate failure, but the question is how much damage will be done in the meantime.

"he hits back" being what you guys value.

The silly aspect though is the notion that he does "not care about what other people and the media say about him."
That's a total crock.
You callin me a Trumpist Willis?? :D I may have a boatload of defects of character but that ain't one of them. There is that saying about where you gotta give the devil his due. So many folks here hate trump so vehemently that they forget how he got to be POTUS. They also forget why nice guy mittens had his arse handed to him. The problem with being too nice is that you transform into a doormat that folks can walk right over. Hey, mittens gave one hell of a concession speech did he not. Gotta give him credit for that. What the Republicans need is to morph a candidate that is half mittens and half Trump. There are not many candidates on the Republican side that can pull that off.

.On another note I'm not happy to be an ex Democrat. What has happened to the Democrat party of my parents? I have no clue. My mom was a devout Catholic who so despised abortion so much that it was not even a debatable topic with her. In the Catholic/ Democrat family I grew up in, that is the way it was. There was Catholic dogma that was ingrained in you from being a little tyke. There was also the Catholic dogma that instilled in all of us the virtues of helping other people in need. In the Democrat party of today, folks who claim to be devout Catholics look at abortion as no big deal. Its just a women's right to choose. I spent 4 years in a Catholic HS in the mid seventies and if you wanted to debate this with any faculty member the only answer was that life began at inception and abortion was murder. Since I am no longer a Democrat or a Catholic, what do I know? Somewhere along the line in the past 40 years what it means to be a devout Catholic sure the hell has changed... just like the Democrat party changed from what it once was to what it is today. You Republicans... by and large you are the same wishy washy folks you have always been. Be nice and never offend anybody. That is the golden rule on how to win elections... NOT
They started raping little boys?
I can only speak for myself. In all my years as a Catholic never once did any priest ever approach me in an inappropriate manner. It is odd that so many folks are remembering stuff from 40 and 50 years ago that Father Joe did to them. Father Joe died 20 years ago and how funny is that that there is money to be made accusing people who can't defend themselves because they are friggin dead. What is that that James Carville said about draggin a hunnah dollah bill through a trailer park?
My son’s teammate witnessed one down in an African Village two summers ago. Priest had been shipped off to a place where he thought nobody would know..... you personally ever see a woman raped? It’s not true unless you “seen it” with your own eyes?
I can't disagree that the Catholic church has some screwed up people performing as priests. What is overlooked is that the vast majority of them are dedicated to their faith and are lumped in as one with all the bad apples. I am troubled by accusations leveled against priests that have been long dead. The accusers are looking for a big payday. When the accused can no longer defend himself. That does not vindicate the priest from the allegations. It makes the intentions suspicious once the folks find out there is money to be made.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:24 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:15 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:09 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:59 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:44 am that's easy, remove Trump from office. :lol:
Works for me.

And that didn't even include that Warren was flat wrong about that event being closed to the press.

Amy Klobuchar did far better in her exchange with Pete, but neither were actually damaged by that one.

I'm worried about the rest, though I do think Bloomberg would be a great contrast.
Biden had his best night, helping folks like me be a little less worried...but I remain concerned about his ability to actually debate an issue effectively.

Dems, please don't give us Warren or Sanders. It'll make it far harder for us to persuade our pals to cross the line and vote for the Dem.

And it's simply not an attractive proposition to need to listen to them for the next 4 years if they did win.
Such a Holden ........why is a CONservative watching a DNC tv show (it's NOT a debate ) .....at all?

That's not going to change unless Trump is defeated at the polls, the more ignominiously the better.

Post ignominious defeat, there can be some reckoning with how, why, who went so wrong.

Until then, my interest is who may best defeat him and then manage the job well.
How can this be the Trump GOP? Trump is about as much a Republican as HRC is. Trump is about as much a conservative as is Bernie Sanders. Trump is the fly in the ointment that none of you people saw coming. The one credit I can give to Trump is he has the balls to not care about what other people and the media say about him. They hit him... he hits back. When the media attacked mittens... he ran under the bed and hid. Would not be prudent to defend yourself. Media might judge you too harshly... :)
Spoken as a true Trumpist, ex-Dem...fitting right in with the angry, resentful, fearful demographic he appeals to most.

He obviously owns the party now, the full apparatus, with anyone not on board and appropriately bending the knee faces being primaried with the full weight of the base opposed. So, they leave office, one way or another.

It's doomed to ultimate failure, but the question is how much damage will be done in the meantime.

The silly aspect though is the notion that he does "not care about what other people and the media say about him."
That's a total crock.
You callin me a Trumpist Willis?? :D I may have a boatload of defects of character but that ain't one of them. There is that saying about where you gotta give the devil his due. So many folks here hate trump so vehemently that they forget how he got to be POTUS. They also forget why nice guy mittens had his arse handed to him. The problem with being too nice is that you transform into a doormat that folks can walk right over. Hey, mittens gave one hell of a concession speech did he not. Gotta give him credit for that. What the Republicans need is to morph a candidate that is half mittens and half Trump. There are not many candidates on the Republican side that can pull that off.

.On another note I'm not happy to be an ex Democrat. What has happened to the Democrat party of my parents? I have no clue. My mom was a devout Catholic who so despised abortion so much that it was not even a debatable topic with her. In the Catholic/ Democrat family I grew up in, that is the way it was. There was Catholic dogma that was ingrained in you from being a little tyke. There was also the Catholic dogma that instilled in all of us the virtues of helping other people in need. In the Democrat party of today, folks who claim to be devout Catholics look at abortion as no big deal. Its just a women's right to choose. I spent 4 years in a Catholic HS in the mid seventies and if you wanted to debate this with any faculty member the only answer was that life began at inception and abortion was murder. Since I am no longer a Democrat or a Catholic, what do I know? Somewhere along the line in the past 40 years what it means to be a devout Catholic sure the hell has changed... just like the Democrat party changed from what it once was to what it is today. You Republicans... by and large you are the same wishy washy folks you have always been. Be nice and never offend anybody. That is the golden rule on how to win elections... NOT
They started raping little boys?
I can only speak for myself. In all my years as a Catholic never once did any priest ever approach me in an inappropriate manner. It is odd that so many folks are remembering stuff from 40 and 50 years ago that Father Joe did to them. Father Joe died 20 years ago and how funny is that that there is money to be made accusing people who can't defend themselves because they are friggin dead. What is that that James Carville said about draggin a hunnah dollah bill through a trailer park?
My son’s teammate witnessed one down in an African Village two summers ago. Priest had been shipped off to a place where he thought nobody would know..... you personally ever see a woman raped? It’s not true unless you “seen it” with your own eyes?
I can't disagree that the Catholic church has some screwed up people performing as priests. What is overlooked is that the vast majority of them are dedicated to their faith and are lumped in as one with all the bad apples. I am troubled by accusations leveled against priests that have been long dead. The accusers are looking for a big payday. When the accused can no longer defend himself. That does not vindicate the priest from the allegations. It makes the intentions suspicious once the folks find out there is money to be made.
The vast majority of “Dems” don’t want free stuff....
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:35 pm
ABV 8.3% wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:21 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:19 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:14 pm
tech37 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:42 am Well I'll be damned... USMCA headed for ratification!

Whether Pelosi was forced to act due to impeachment over reach or not, this is great and perhaps shows there is hope for Congress after all?
If you want optimism when it comes to partisanship, you're not paying attention.

They've pushed through 4 massive bipartisan spending bills with no trouble whatsoever.

And when Trump signs what passed the Senate, the count will be 5.
Trump or no Trump, no matter who the next POTUS is... that will never change. You dont get elected running on fiscal sanity.
why are you giving up so easily? ff

Maybe I should increase my debt load. Currently, it's a zero. Should I borrow? ANyone here connected with the Fed? (my contact now teaches at an Ivy league college ) Can I get a zero interest loan, like big banks?
Just a hunch, but you may well not have any collateral or interest coverage either...
wow, especially at this time of year, really does show you are a Republican.............heartless. being serious. what a chump
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
a fan

Post by a fan »

Trinity wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:29 pm Never fights on equal footing and wears makeup. Lies about everything. Picks on girls.
Whose idea of manhood is this? This is a lacrosse site, right?
Trump is yet another perfect illustration of how self-delusional flyover American Conservatives---by and large, Christians--- have become since WWII.

Who are their two favorite Presidents, by far?

One was a Union President, Coastal Elite, Pretty Boy, Hollywood star.

The other is a Coastal Elite, Rich-boy, everything handed to him, PT Barnum clone.

Makes no sense, given their purported values.

And who is their least favorite President? Why a service-first, USNA grad, salt of the Earth Southern farmer, and the most Christian POTUS we've ever had, who brought the idea of government thrift to every office he held...and who to this day, builds homes for the freaking poor.

They hated him. Because of course they did.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

a fan wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:06 pm
Trinity wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:29 pm Never fights on equal footing and wears makeup. Lies about everything. Picks on girls.
Whose idea of manhood is this? This is a lacrosse site, right?
Trump is yet another perfect illustration of how self-delusional flyover American Conservatives---by and large, Christians--- have become since WWII.

The other is a Coastal Elite, Rich-boy, everything handed to him, PT Barnum clone.

And who is their least favorite President? Why a service-first, USNA grad, salt of the Earth Southern farmer, and the most Christian POTUS we've ever had, who brought the idea of government thrift to every office he held...and who to this day, builds homes for the freaking poor.

yeah.....ANYONE can grow peanuts in the land of the free :lol: :lol: ..........farmers hated Carter b/c he held peanut crop share monopolies. Jim crow stuff, but as always, just hits ALL the poor. The Kentucky farm only got on TV station Lots of reading time with grandfolks. In other words, farmers DO read.
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
a fan

Post by a fan »

Farmers USED to be the first ones to sniff out carpetbaggers, BS artists, and big city bullcookies.....not anymore.

And rural America used to have the best food on the planet. Now? Nearly every restaurant is a chain, where the food is cooked in a plant in Chicago, and reshipped to the Grain Belt........
Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

Fed adds another $26B in liquidity to markets for why? :D
The parent, not the coach.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:06 pm Trump is yet another perfect illustration of how self-delusional flyover American Conservatives---by and large, Christians--- have become since WWII.

That's some profound political science there. .:lol:. ...still bitter about 1980.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:59 pm That's some profound political science there. .:lol:. ...still bitter about 1980.
And you're still mad that Carter didn't throw money at your military's inability to keep proper books. Maybe hire an accountant at some point, ya think?

Still no 3rd party audits at the Pentagon, no? My mommy wouldn't give me an allowance until I proved I could add and subtract, and keep track of my money. Maybe the military ought to try that for a change instead pretending like audits are "too hard".

And it is profound. It highlights the hypocrisy of fake American conservatives, who get mad when Daddy won't give them more money. What happened to "stop complaining, and get another job if you want more money"?
old salt

Post by old salt »

I'm still mad about my friends lost at sea due to Carter's failure to procure the spare parts needed to keep our aircraft airworthy.
...& the aircraft we left in the desert.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Nope. I tried that logic when it came to McConnell refusing to spend money, leading to overtasking, collisions, and lost lives at sea.

You weren't having any of it, remember? Can't have it both ways.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Jim Malone wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:20 pm Fed adds another $26B in liquidity to markets for why? :D
It’s the transition from Libor. Fng everything up. Not sure SOFR is the answer and even if it is it’ll take a decade to smooth out the transition.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Works for me.

That's a total crock.

That's a total crock.
I could have phrased it better. he does care and it does bother him. i remember through the 8 years of GWB he was eviscerated every day by the media and he never fought back, never said anything to defend himself. That is who Trump is and why so many people support the guy. I know you would prefer he take the mittens high road and keep his mouth shut and take the beating he is getting. That is not being a Trumpist. I do respect the fact he will at least fight back. As much as i dislike Trumps personality and demeanor I dislike your caspar miquetoast approach to how the Republican party should operate. The proof in the pudding is that being the Democrat whipping boys it is not winning you elections. It makes you feel all warm and fuzzy and nice. You have apparently become very comfortable with getting the last place trophy for participation year in and year out. You can't forget all of those profound and moving concession speeches your folks put forward.
You say you're not a Trumpist but then you write a long diatribe supporting Trump and castigating Dems and I suppose overly polite R's.

You recognize that he's "the devil" but you "gotta give the devil his due"...yup, Trumpist.

Yes, you ARE a Trumpist...where do you see the difference?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:52 pm Nope. I tried that logic when it came to McConnell refusing to spend money, leading to overtasking, collisions, and lost lives at sea.

You weren't having any of it, remember? Can't have it both ways.
well...actually you CAN have it both ways in Trumpworld. ;)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:33 pm I'm still mad about my friends lost at sea due to Carter's failure to procure the spare parts needed to keep our aircraft airworthy.
Still bitter about 1980?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:44 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:35 pm
ABV 8.3% wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:21 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:19 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:14 pm
tech37 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:42 am Well I'll be damned... USMCA headed for ratification!

Whether Pelosi was forced to act due to impeachment over reach or not, this is great and perhaps shows there is hope for Congress after all?
If you want optimism when it comes to partisanship, you're not paying attention.

They've pushed through 4 massive bipartisan spending bills with no trouble whatsoever.

And when Trump signs what passed the Senate, the count will be 5.
Trump or no Trump, no matter who the next POTUS is... that will never change. You dont get elected running on fiscal sanity.
why are you giving up so easily? ff

Maybe I should increase my debt load. Currently, it's a zero. Should I borrow? ANyone here connected with the Fed? (my contact now teaches at an Ivy league college ) Can I get a zero interest loan, like big banks?
Just a hunch, but you may well not have any collateral or interest coverage either...
wow, especially at this time of year, really does show you are a Republican.............heartless. being serious. what a chump
Not sure what was "heartless" about my comment to your crack about borrowing money at no interest. Wasn't meant that way.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

old salt wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:33 pm I'm still mad about my friends lost at sea due to Carter's failure to procure the spare parts needed to keep our aircraft airworthy.
But you are happy with your hero o d taking military funds to rebuild fences along the border???
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
CU88

Post by CU88 »

On the 2-year anniversary of the 2017 tax cut, let's remind everyone how Trump/Ryan promised the average worker "at least" a $4,000 pay raise. Trump's economist said it would be $9,000

That didn't happen. But the superwealthy did great, and the budget deficit is now $1 trillion

https://twitter.com/ChrisLu44/status/12 ... 3911953408

Great video clip of r's hero o d telling us that we are getting that $4k pay raise.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

Typical Lax Dad

Return to “POLITICS”