JUST the Stolen Documents/Mar-A-Lago/"Judge" Cannon Trial

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: The Politics of National Security

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:32 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:40 pm Military costs won't go down until our global tasking goes down. Under Trump, we finished up a large scale air war against IS in Syria & we continue to bomb the Taliban + AQ + IS in Afghanistan. That carries a cost, but nothing close to the large scale ground conflicts which preceded them in Iraq & Afghanistan.
You've spent the last three years telling me tasking under Trump is going down.
And you just did it again in your last sentence. So which is it?
Tasking has gone down, overall. Fewer, shorter deployments.
old salt wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:47 pm You hold yourself up as a man of the people & friend of the farmer. You don't need me to tell you. You're so much smarter than all those Trump voters. Perhaps it's because of attitudes like yours that they vote for Trump.
Nope-ity-nope. You've got it backwards. You and VDH and FoxNation have been selling us that Trump is following a better path, and you know better than the rest of us. The rest of us who dare challenge Trump's results have TDS, remember? Been hearing it for three years now. Three years, Trump has yet to make a wrong move for you and VDH. Neat, right?

And now, you and VDH are selling us that Trump is economically helping the working man, while economically sticking it to the coastal elites.

I'm capitulating. You and your fellow TrumpFans have sold me. You're right, and I'm wrong.

So since you and TrumpLand have it all figured out, let's do another four years of this. Obviously, at the end of those four years, the working man will be far ahead economically, and all those coastal elites and their advanced degrees will be behind economically.
Right. Trump is the only variable in the equation. .:roll:. As important as what Trump does, is what he says to the working class. He doesn't give them the globalist elite's old "rising tide lifts all boats" rap, as the jobs move offshore.. This means, obviously, the gap between rich and poor should materially shrink.

We'll revisit this post in 2024 and have a look at the ol' scoreboard.
Again, Trump is not the only variable. His policies can only have a limited effect in slowing decades of decline.

BTW, two years after Trump leaves----just as a reminder----service on the debt will exceed total military spending.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:01 pm Tasking has gone down, overall. Fewer, shorter deployments.
That evidently costs more money. There are no financial efficiencies to be had. Clearly.

That said? If this means fewer citizen soldiers at long term risk? Great. Where you and i quibble is the concept of long term in this context.
old salt wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:47 pm Right. Trump is the only variable in the equation. .:roll:. As important as what Trump does, is what he says to the working class. He doesn't give them the globalist elite's old "rising tide lifts all boats" rap, as the jobs move offshore..
No. Instead, he tweets insults to 16 year old girls, so his voters don't notice good jobs are moving offshore. And don't notice he didn't fix Obamacare. Or immigration. Or put together one single program to help the bottom 50% earners.

Sorry mate, Trump's on the hook for every bill he has signed. No amount of your dancing will negate that fact. It's on him. And every one of them helps people like me, over Trump's forgotten voters. Or at least that's what I think. I think he's accelerating the demise of flyover America, and pumping wealth to the 1%ers.

You, Bandito, VDH, and FoxNation not only think I'm wrong about all this...you all think I'm insane for thinking all these bills he's signed helps the "coastal elite" over the working man.

As I said, we'll check how things look in five years.
old salt

Post by old salt »

holmes435 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:39 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:33 pm ^^^it's a 2018 article. It should be filed under recycled old news.
Old, but accurate. Any independent reports on actual readiness to support any of your claims?
https://www.defensenews.com/pentagon/20 ... -strength/

If the article doesn't provide adequate detail, follow the links.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:14 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:01 pm Tasking has gone down, overall. Fewer, shorter deployments.
That evidently costs more money. There are no financial efficiencies to be had. Clearly.

That said? If this means fewer citizen soldiers at long term risk? Great. Where you and i quibble is the concept of long term in this context.
old salt wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:47 pm Right. Trump is the only variable in the equation. .:roll:. As important as what Trump does, is what he says to the working class. He doesn't give them the globalist elite's old "rising tide lifts all boats" rap, as the jobs move offshore..
No. Instead, he tweets insults to 16 year old girls, so his voters don't notice good jobs are moving offshore. And don't notice he didn't fix Obamacare. Or immigration. Or put together one single program to help the bottom 50% earners.

Sorry mate, Trump's on the hook for every bill he has signed. No amount of your dancing will negate that fact. It's on him. And every one of them helps people like me, over Trump's forgotten voters. Or at least that's what I think. I think he's accelerating the demise of flyover America, and pumping wealth to the 1%ers.

You, Bandito, VDH, and FoxNation not only think I'm wrong about all this...you all think I'm insane for thinking all these bills he's signed helps the "coastal elite" over the working man.

Rising tide lifted my boat. Been on an 11 year lift.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:14 pm

Ask these flyover voters :
https://www.axios.com/focus-group-michi ... 2fd8f.html

These voters aren’t sick of Trump's antics like other swing voters we've talked with, and they don’t feel a sense that things need to get back to "normal" — because Trump is their new normal.

That's reinforced by the fact that:

They have virtually zero trust in the media's coverage of him.

Their support for Trump will grow, they said, even if the country enters a recession or a full-blown trade war with China.

And they credit Trump with making health care more affordable, thanks to — they said — his GOP tax law, which some said has saved them more in taxes so they can now reallocate that money to pay for prescription drugs.

But swing voters in our focus groups from Ohio, Iowa and now Michigan have revealed a common disdain for impeachment.
What they're saying: "He's proven what he's promised over and over to us," said 38-year-old Mary D.

"Let him finish out the last four years. Why not? He's done good this far," said 55-year-old Karen M.

Others in group said they like Trump's "I-don't-give-a-s--- attitude," as one man put it.
Heidi L., a 66-year-old Obama/Trump voter, said she likes that "nobody bought him his presidency. He did it all himself with his own money and nobody's trying to buy him to do this or that."

While only two participants said they are definitely voting to re-elect Trump next year, the entire group said they're not excited by any of the 2020 Democrats, and no one signaled an interest in supporting a Democratic candidate.

The bottom line: The only way these folks are "swing" voters anymore is in their willingness to either sit out the next election or vote for a third-party candidate.
a fan

Post by a fan »

As I wrote before, you and these voters convinced me. They don't think what Trump did was abuse of power, and not only want to wave it through....they're chastising the Dems for deigning to call Trump to the carpet?

Fine by me. Corruption doesn't matter, so long as they get what they personally want. Got it.

Also, they told the interviewer that they're willing to borrow Trillions to enable small tax cuts for them, so they can afford medicine today. In other words, they want their taxes low today, and are willing to mortgage their futures, and the futures of their children, to get what they want now.

Got in. Message received, zero distortion.

Let's keep these policies going. And we'll check on in five years, see how these fine folks are faring.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

old salt wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:22 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:33 pm ^^^it's a 2018 article. It should be filed under recycled old news.
Old, but accurate. Any independent reports on actual readiness to support any of your claims?

Yup, already read that a while back, the numbers are from the Heritage Foundation. Any independent reports on actual readiness to support any of your claims?
a fan

Post by a fan »

And Trump and the R's just added another half-trillion in borrowed stimulus.

Any of you Republicans catching on to what they are doing yet? Old Salt? Bandito? 6ft? No, right?

Ok. Let's wave it through. You boys think it's TDS to tell you that Trump is a lib, and so are the R's in Congress, and that government is larger than ever? Ok. Fine by me.

Now I get to sit back, and wait for the bills to arrive. Can't wait until the day arrives where Republicans have to choose between overseas bases all over the world, and their access to Medicare. Tick tock, gentlemen.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-polic ... -deadline/
old salt

Post by old salt »

holmes435 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:22 am
old salt wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:22 pm

Yup, already read that a while back, the numbers are from the Heritage Foundation. Any independent reports on actual readiness to support any of your claims?
I haven't found a comprehensive, all services report that would meet your standards. None probably exists.
I've noted articles about how certain sectors which were hard hit are improving (USMC F-18's, USAF aircraft readiness, USN ship maint & availability.
If you're really interested, I recommend googling "readiness 2019" proceeded by specific areas like -- USAF, US Navy, US Army, or more specific areas.
https://news.usni.org/2019/05/15/merz-n ... capability
https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your ... -the-rise/
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Facial Recognition Software not ready for prime time. This is not even a small surprise.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Shocker, white racists are found innocent by their Leaders...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/20/politics ... index.html

How convenient that these "men", getting paid by US taxpayers for an education, now play an elementary school playground game on national television.

Does anyone with common sense or at least an average IQ believe this BS?
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Nuggies, we called it. At Maplewood Elementary. This is like Kavanaugh insisting boofing meant farting and ralphing was caused by spicy food.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
Typical Lax Dad

Trinity wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:51 pm Nuggies, we called it. At Maplewood Elementary. This is like Kavanaugh insisting boofing meant farting and ralphing was caused by spicy food.
Maplewood, NJ?
“I wish you would!”
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Hayseed! :lol:
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Huntington Station, Long Island, baby. Post-war, dirt-bomb battles at the new houses going up everywhere, baseball cards in our spokes. We would use both arms to make a circle you might look through and then pound away.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Just kidding Trinity...TLD always throwing "hayseed' around.

Sounds similar. Wars in the apple orchard between subdivisions, with apples flung from apple switches... man they hurt! Tossing skunk cabbage fruit that looked just like hand grenades at makeshift forts in the woods. And baseball cards flipping in the spokes was something we did too. We were baseballers then before I knew lax existed.
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:47 pm Just kidding Trinity...TLD always throwing "hayseed' around.

Sounds similar. Wars in the apple orchard between subdivisions, with apples flung from apple switches... man they hurt! Tossing skunk cabbage fruit that looked just like hand grenades at makeshift forts in the woods. And baseball cards flipping in the spokes was something we did too. We were baseballers then before I knew lax existed.
You been to Maplewood, NJ? Or Irvington?
“I wish you would!”
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:50 pm
tech37 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:47 pm Just kidding Trinity...TLD always throwing "hayseed' around.

Had clients in NJ so I'm sure I was close. Been to Irvington NY, land of Ichabod Crane. :D
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:55 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:50 pm

Had clients in NJ so I'm sure I was close. Been to Irvington NY, land of Ichabod Crane. :D
You don’t have clients in Irvington, trust me, unless you are like that attorney Sean Penn played in Carlito’s Way.... have a good Christmas
“I wish you would!”
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Maplewoood, New Jersey is a very nice suburb of Newark. I have been there.

Return to “POLITICS”