ODAC 2020

D3 Mens Lacrosse
swf

Re: ODAC 2020

Post by swf »

Years past LYN had a scrimmage with UVA before the Salisbury game.Is this still on?
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

LYN has scrimmaged UVA since the Starcia years and last 2 years at Charlottesville under Tiffany.
Not this year though. Podcast on website with Coach K. Has him ironing out details with DII Limestone at Duke. Assuming will also scrimmage Duke’s Fresh/Soph’s but not sure.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Lynchburg loses their 2,4,5, scorers and another senior totaling 183 points or about 35%. The also lose a goalie and two Fogo’s. The loss of Meadows on D is also significant. I’m beginning to think both Lynchburg and W&L will be good but both a notch weaker than last season. HSC was young last season, thinking they may be the #3 team in the conference with Roanoke following ranked 4th. Who’s expected to step up for the bugs
NJlxrdad

Post by NJlxrdad »

W&L is scrimmaging UVa and Buckenll in Januray
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

W&L will play the freshmen and sophomores. An excellent pre-season tune up. Santa needs to visit the Gennies poles or it will be a long season..14 against VMI 🧐
Sorry to also read Mize had ACL surgery. He was slick in AJ’s shadow and would have QBed attack. I hope he returns for the season but isn’t recovery 6 month
NJlxrdad

Post by NJlxrdad »

I don't think we see Mize until 2021 unfortunately....
CommonwealthLax

Post by CommonwealthLax »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:35 pm Lynchburg loses their 2,4,5, scorers and another senior totaling 183 points or about 35%. The also lose a goalie and two Fogo’s. The loss of Meadows on D is also significant. I’m beginning to think both Lynchburg and W&L will be good but both a notch weaker than last season. HSC was young last season, thinking they may be the #3 team in the conference with Roanoke following ranked 4th. Who’s expected to step up for the bugs
Don’t sleep on the Jackets. They return all of their top scorers except for 1 and only lose a defender and their goalie on the other side of the field. If there’s a year they make some actual noise in the conference, this will be it
Dehuntshigwa’es

Lynchburg’s first 4 starts are as tough as anyone’s. A 0-4 start is not a stretch, going 2-2 would pretty good. Always tough in May
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Should be at least 1-3 after that stretch.
An 0-4 could means a long year for the Hornets.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Other than Burke HSC returns their entire offense. Could this be HSC’s year. They also sport an outstanding fogo and excellent goalie at 54%. They will be a tough out. Noke loses there 1,3,4, and 5 leading scorers and outstanding goalie. No real presence at the dot on face offs unless someone new arrives. I think both W&L and Lynchburg May be a step behind from where they were last year. Question marks for W&L on the defensive half will have to be answered, great goal play, fogo and depth at midfield will be their strengths. The attack unit should be adequate, took a big hit with the loss of Mize. Mulholland needs to be back at 100%
Last edited by Dehuntshigwa’es on Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dingdongdman

Post by dingdongdman »

Despite HSC only losing Burke, it is definitely not their year. With Lynchburg and W&L in the main mix and HSC losing to Bridgewater last season, they should take one game at a time and not even start to think about an ODAC Championship.
Zonesurgeon

Post by Zonesurgeon »

I can understand both sides of the HSC argument here. As Dehunt mentioned, they return nearly their entire core from a statistical standpoint while both LC and W&L lose a huge chunk of starters from last year. With that being said, I the difference in skill from top to bottom between LC/W&L and HSC is too much for HSC to overcome. In recent years HSC has been a noticeable step below the top two dogs of the conference. Don't expect that to change this year.
Skullzrule

Post by Skullzrule »

Everyone always hypes up HSC, but they can never truly run with the top dogs. I have a theory that I don't think enough people are paying attention to. I was always under the impression that being an all-boys school would lend HSC an advantage - they should have almost twice as many boys as the other schools and a lot of pent up aggression. But, this hasn't translated to the field. This is because the lack of females on campus completely preoccupies the boys with inappropriate thoughts. Against W&L in 2018 you could hear two girls, that HSC players had brought to the game, talking about their extensive plans later that night. The HSC team wasn't ready to compete! They were more focused on how nice their calves looked for their dates. If HSC wants to sniff another ODAC title they should either a) go co-ed so the players can let their demons out before lacrosse season b) ban girls all together at their games or c) hire Herb Brooks' son (or someone of the same vein) who can make their players understand that their is a balance between winning and extracurriculars. Rostan was raised around campus so he could be victim to the same epidemic that is infecting his team.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Skullzrule wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:08 pm Everyone always hypes up HSC, but they can never truly run with the top dogs. I have a theory that I don't think enough people are paying attention to. I was always under the impression that being an all-boys school would lend HSC an advantage - they should have almost twice as many boys as the other schools and a lot of pent up aggression. But, this hasn't translated to the field. This is because the lack of females on campus completely preoccupies the boys with inappropriate thoughts. Against W&L in 2018 you could hear two girls, that HSC players had brought to the game, talking about their extensive plans later that night. The HSC team wasn't ready to compete! They were more focused on how nice their calves looked for their dates. If HSC wants to sniff another ODAC title they should either a) go co-ed so the players can let their demons out before lacrosse season b) ban girls all together at their games or c) hire Herb Brooks' son (or someone of the same vein) who can make their players understand that their is a balance between winning and extracurriculars. Rostan was raised around campus so he could be victim to the same epidemic that is infecting his team.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
JBFortunato

Post by JBFortunato »

Skullzrule wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:08 pm Everyone always hypes up HSC, but they can never truly run with the top dogs. I have a theory that I don't think enough people are paying attention to. I was always under the impression that being an all-boys school would lend HSC an advantage - they should have almost twice as many boys as the other schools and a lot of pent up aggression. But, this hasn't translated to the field. This is because the lack of females on campus completely preoccupies the boys with inappropriate thoughts. Against W&L in 2018 you could hear two girls, that HSC players had brought to the game, talking about their extensive plans later that night. The HSC team wasn't ready to compete! They were more focused on how nice their calves looked for their dates. If HSC wants to sniff another ODAC title they should either a) go co-ed so the players can let their demons out before lacrosse season b) ban girls all together at their games or c) hire Herb Brooks' son (or someone of the same vein) who can make their players understand that their is a balance between winning and extracurriculars. Rostan was raised around campus so he could be victim to the same epidemic that is infecting his team.
This is the most interesting post I've seen in weeks.
Now do the rest of the ODAC. :D
Dehuntshigwa’es

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xsZPWsVNTqo
😊
Dehuntshigwa’es

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... cans/55833
W&L received two spots, Hamil 3rd team, Hodgson honorable mention. Lynchburg had the most selections
JBFortunato

Post by JBFortunato »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:51 pm https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... cans/55833
W&L received two spots, Hamil 3rd team, Hodgson honorable mention. Lynchburg had the most selections
Lynchburg also has the sole IL Preseason DIII Player of the Year Watch player in the ODAC, Kevin Rodgers.

I guess that means 'Burg has to be the prohibitive favorite to win the ODAC going into the season. Did I do that right? :lol:
Dehuntshigwa’es

Lynchburg may be favored this season in the ODAC coach’s poll and with a POY candidate. Last season both games could easily have gone either way, just any one play could have made the difference. The one area that jumps out however is over both games W&L won 30 of 41 face offs. Until that changes I’m giving W&L an oh so small edge again, a win by one or two goals. Both teams may be down a notch from last season. Early out of conference play will be an indication if that’s true or not. Lynchburg’s first 4 games are brutal. Looking to see what little known player emerges as an X factor for both teams this year who could make the difference as well.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”