Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
foreverlax

Re: Orange Duce

Post by foreverlax »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:49 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:39 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:36 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:35 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:23 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:40 pm Politicians should constituents that they are going to run up massive debt and live an extravagant lifestyle on borrowed money before they leave office and then have their debt covered by taxes..... won't be their problem because they will be long gone... basically a proxy for the current state of the stock market in particular......

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-d ... rt-2018-12
:lol:
I fixed your analogy.... :D

It has been that way for decades by politicians "it's other peoples money we are spending" they say.
Clinton left office with a surplus. I guess he wasn't a politician....... Keep drinking it.
:lol: :lol: :lol: you must be hittin’ the crack pipe then with that recent comment. Clinton was he benefactor of the DOT.COM boom.
Did he leave with a surplus or not? Yes or no? You have already demonstrated that you don’t care about reasoning. Donald is enjoying sloppy seconds remember?
I may be wrong TLD but I think you are leaving out a key word. I believe Clinton left us with "projected" budget surpluses. The kind that look good on paper but never really existed. From what I understand any surpluses were spent long before they became reality. The new buzz phrase from now on will always be "projected" increase in our debt.
Clinton created a total $63 billion surplus during his two terms. Here's the year-by-year breakout:

FY 2001 - $128 billion surplus.
FY 2000 - $236 billion surplus.
FY 1999 - $126 billion surplus.
FY 1998 - $69 billion surplus.
FY 1997 - $22 billion.
FY 1996 - $107 billion.
FY 1995 - $164 billion.
FY 1994 - $203 billion.

https://www.thebalance.com/president-bi ... es-3305559
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:40 pm Politicians should constituents that they are going to run up massive debt and live an extravagant lifestyle on borrowed money before they leave office and then have their debt covered by taxes..... won't be their problem because they will be long gone... basically a proxy for the current state of the stock market in particular......

It has been that way for decades by politicians "it's other peoples money we are spending" they say.
Clinton left office with a surplus. I guess he wasn't a politician....... Keep drinking it.
:lol: :lol: :lol: you must be hittin’ the crack pipe then with that recent comment. Clinton was he benefactor of the DOT.COM boom.
Did he leave with a surplus or not? Yes or no? You have already demonstrated that you don’t care about reasoning. Donald is enjoying sloppy seconds remember?
I may be wrong TLD but I think you are leaving out a key word. I believe Clinton left us with "projected" budget surpluses. The kind that look good on paper but never really existed. From what I understand any surpluses were spent long before they became reality. The new buzz phrase from now on will always be "projected" increase in our debt.
YA doesn't care about reasoning. It is irrelevant. Unemployment and the stock market are at record levels under Trump. He gets all the credit. Full stop.

Just in case pictures are easier to process.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:06 pm

YA doesn't care about reasoning. It is irrelevant. Unemployment and the stock market are at record levels under Trump. He gets all the credit. Full stop.

You are loosing it TLD and you do not listen. I have complimented BHO even yesterday...and I know you read it. I have also proven defecits do not matter, as shown by your pretty chart.

Your democrat tactics are failing you, accusing me of not reasoning. Yes CLinton left with surplus, and yet you are unable to reason and rationalize why. It was the crescendo of our economy in over 50 plus years, he just happened to be the president.

Keep hitting that partisan crick pipe. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:25 pm
Your democrat tactics are failing you, accusing me of not reasoning. Yes CLinton left with surplus, and yet you are unable to reason and rationalize why. It was the crescendo of our economy in over 50 plus years, he just happened to be the president.
The tech boom was only one part of the equation.

What's the other part of the equation that balanced the budget? Hint: if we had it now, our deficit would be tiny.
Typical Lax Dad

You are loosing it TLD and you do not listen. I have complimented BHO even yesterday...and I know you read it. I have also proven defecits do not matter, as shown by your pretty chart.

You have what is called " selective" reasoning.... cough "bias" cough....
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:35 pm

You have what is called " selective" reasoning.... cough "bias" cough....
There you go again, using those democrat tactics..accusing others of what you are doing.

puff-puff-give :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

a fan wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:28 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:42 pmI was referring to US businesses that have sent manufacturing to China. For crying out loud, why are you so against Trump trying to build that back up and balance the scales?
Because he's not doing that. I don't know how many different ways to tell you that he's not doing that.

Let's stop on this point.

Go ahead and tell me exactly, precisely what Trump is doing with China. What is he offering China that you think is going to even the scales?
Still waiting for an answer......
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:34 pm
The tech boom was only one part of the equation.

What's the other part of the equation that balanced the budget? Hint: if we had it now, our deficit would be tiny.
Take a look at that pretty red line heading south.....that is my entire point. And again, as I noted yesterday morning in my line by line replies to you....you can not compare what you would do vs. what is actually taking place.....I am certain your way would work, but politicians do not care.
~Livy

a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:41 pm Take a look at that pretty red line heading south.....that is my entire point. And again, as I noted yesterday morning in my line by line replies to you....you can not compare what you would do vs. what is actually taking place..
I'm asking you: what changed that led to the deficit? The tech crash was a blip, and had nothing to do with the long term deficit.

To be as clear as I know how to be: what did Bush do that made that deficit explode?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:40 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:28 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:42 pmI was referring to US businesses that have sent manufacturing to China. For crying out loud, why are you so against Trump trying to build that back up and balance the scales?
Because he's not doing that. I don't know how many different ways to tell you that he's not doing that.

Let's stop on this point.

Go ahead and tell me exactly, precisely what Trump is doing with China. What is he offering China that you think is going to even the scales?
Still waiting for an answer......
Sorry master afan.... :D : That is the entire point, he does not need to offer them anything, at least not the first or second go around, and especially because, as you would say "they can just wait us out". The entire issue is that they have hooked major corporate America on the the proverbial cheap labor crack and cost of goods. As with my explanation on the light bulbs with you....we can make crap just like they can and so what if it cost a few cents more....China does not get the cash, we keep it.
~Livy

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:44 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:41 pm Take a look at that pretty red line heading south.....that is my entire point. And again, as I noted yesterday morning in my line by line replies to you....you can not compare what you would do vs. what is actually taking place..
I'm asking you: what changed that led to the deficit? The tech crash was a blip, and had nothing to do with the long term deficit.

To be as clear as I know how to be: what did Bush do that made that deficit explode?
Other than a major significant wars expense, sub-prime mortgage crisis, and I believe medicare issues, he also lowered taxes. EDIT: And I just looked it up....the War on Terror added ~2.4 Trillion as of 2020. And oh yea.....BHO extended the Bush tax cuts.
~Livy

a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:52 pm he also lowered taxes.
Bingo. That's what did it. And yep, Obama extended it.

Raise taxes to Clinton levels? Deficit goes away. Good luck getting a Republican voter to understand that math.......
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:22 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:52 pm he also lowered taxes.
Bingo. That's what did it. And yep, Obama extended it.

Raise taxes to Clinton levels? Deficit goes away. Good luck getting a Republican voter to understand that math.......
That red line does not bounce above and below a balanced zero line based on political affiliation....it keeps sliding south.

And, a question for you: When Clinton left office with an 8 year ~68 Billion surplus, what value did we receive or benefit from? In this link you can see where Bush II and BHO both contributed a 57% increase in the debt, as did all but 1 POTUS add to the red line going down-down-down, over the past 60 plus year.

So more to my point about debt not 'really having significant meaning', the fear we have for kids having to pay it back, is hitting us over the hill gang square in the mouth each and every single day.

President Barack Obama: Total = $6.785 trillion, a 57 percent increase.
President George W. Bush: Total = $3.293 trillion, a 57 percent increase.
President Bill Clinton: Total = $63 billion surplus, a 1 percent decrease.
President Ronald Reagan: Total = $1.412 trillion, a 142 percent increase.
President Jimmy Carter: Total = $253 billion, a 36 percent increase.
President Gerald Ford: Total = $181 billion, a 38 percent increase.
President Richard Nixon: Total = $70 billion, a 20 percent increase.
President Lyndon B. Johnson: Total = $36 billion, an 11 percent increase.
President John F. Kennedy: Total = $18 billion, a 6 percent increase.
President Dwight Eisenhower: Total = $15 billion, a 6 percent increase.
President Harry Truman: Total = $5 billion, a 2 percent increase.
~Livy

a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:45 pmSorry master afan.... :D : That is the entire point, he does not need to offer them anything, at least not the first or second go around, and especially because, as you would say "they can just wait us out". The entire issue is that they have hooked major corporate America on the the proverbial cheap labor crack and cost of goods.
So you don't know any farmers. Neat.

Essentially what you are telling me is: I'm personally not feeling effects from this Trade War, so I don't care if farmers' suicide rates are way up, or if people are getting laid off over a fake trade war.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:48 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:45 pmSorry master afan.... :D : That is the entire point, he does not need to offer them anything, at least not the first or second go around, and especially because, as you would say "they can just wait us out". The entire issue is that they have hooked major corporate America on the the proverbial cheap labor crack and cost of goods.
So you don't know any farmers. Neat.

Essentially what you are telling me is: I'm personally not feeling effects from this Trade War, so I don't care if farmers' suicide rates are way up, or if people are getting laid off over a fake trade war.
I know many farmers, worked on the same farm for 10 years. Still stop by and see them almost weekly. They were one of the largest Maryland farmers for tobacco back in the 80's (one of the hardest jobs I have ever done...hanging tobacco in the top of a barn in August...worse is being on the truck as all the tobacco juice drips all over your open sweaty pours). When tobacco dried up, they adapted and took on more produce, then horticulture, then landscaping, firewood, even added a bakery. Goldmine they now have.

I certainly do have empathy for them, but I also do know it is a very risky profession...especially when weather and disease can also make you poor in a season.
~Livy

a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:57 pm I certainly do have empathy for them, but I also do know it is a very risky profession...especially when weather and disease can also make you poor in a season.
Then don't tell me what Trump is doing is no big deal. It is a big deal. And as you just told me: Trump doesn't have a plan or an end game.

So all this economic damage is yet another pointless show to get his base happy.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:41 pm That red line does not bounce above and below a balanced zero line based on political affiliation....it keeps sliding south
Yes. Because Bush and his band of Republican morons cut the firetruck out of taxes when we were finally living within our means.

youthathletics wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:41 pm And, a question for you[/url]: When Clinton left office with an 8 year ~68 Billion surplus, what value did we receive or benefit from?
Are you serious?

We didn't have to borrow money to keep the government running, with interest. So we could put our money to productive use.

Right now debt service----just the service on the debt----- is 10% of the US Budget. 10 motherFing percent. Do you honestly not realize how stupid and wasteful that is?

...we're blowing 10% of our budget on nothing but interest.

Know how much that 10% buys? Half of the US military budget, including overseas contingencies.

That 10% is $479 Billion. DoD's base budget is $576 Billion.

You're telling me you don't get the problem here? Come on man.

Best part? Because a nation of Republicans thinks that they're overtaxed right now, there is ZERO chance we'll get a raise in taxes in the next decade. And if Trump wins? You can count on more spending.

Guess where that debt service is in just six years, assuming fiscal genius Trump doesn't cut taxes and increase spending again?

$762 Billion. Wasted. That money could be used to educate our children, try and cure cancer, or build our infrastructure. Instead? It goes to interest, all because a bunch of twaddling boomers don't want to pay their dinner tab. Worst. Generation. Ever.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:21 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:41 pm That red line does not bounce above and below a balanced zero line based on political affiliation....it keeps sliding south
Yes. Because Bush and his band of Republican morons cut the firetruck out of taxes when we were finally living within our means.

youthathletics wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:41 pm And, a question for you[/url]: When Clinton left office with an 8 year ~68 Billion surplus, what value did we receive or benefit from?
Are you serious?

We didn't have to borrow money to keep the government running, with interest. So we could put our money to productive use.

Right now debt service----just the service on the debt----- is 10% of the US Budget. 10 motherFing percent. Do you honestly not realize how stupid and wasteful that is?

...we're blowing 10% of our budget on nothing but interest.

Know how much that 10% buys? Half of the US military budget, including overseas contingencies.

That 10% is $479 Billion. DoD's base budget is $576 Billion.

You're telling me you don't get the problem here? Come on man.

Best part? Because a nation of Republicans thinks that they're overtaxed right now, there is ZERO chance we'll get a raise in taxes in the next decade. And if Trump wins? You can count on more spending.

Guess where that debt service is in just six years, assuming fiscal genius Trump doesn't cut taxes and increase spending again?

$762 Billion. Wasted. That money could be used to educate our children, try and cure cancer, or build our infrastructure. Instead? It goes to interest, all because a bunch of twaddling boomers don't want to pay their dinner tab. Worst. Generation. Ever.
Basic economics
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:11 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:57 pm I certainly do have empathy for them, but I also do know it is a very risky profession...especially when weather and disease can also make you poor in a season.
Then don't tell me what Trump is doing is no big deal. It is a big deal. And as you just told me: Trump doesn't have a plan or an end game.

So all this economic damage is yet another pointless show to get his base happy.
It is a big deal, one that could have enormous upside impacts for the US or, it could be a failure.
~Livy

a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:26 pm It is a big deal, one that could have enormous upside impacts for the US or, it could be a failure.
Dude. You STILL haven't told me what Trump's "upside" is.

Return to “POLITICS”