Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
CU88

Re: Orange Duce

Post by CU88 »

[/quote]

A bail-out from the feds on that loan when I go belly up...much like what Bareny Frank told every one...'THE PRIVATE SECTOR got us into this mess. The government has to get us out of it."
[/quote]

You, and all of the r's here, are so flip.

https://www.usdebtclock.org/

Who is going to pay off the debt????
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
DocBarrister

Donald Trump: Anti-Semite

Post by DocBarrister »

We all know Donald Trump is a racist, white supremacist, misogynistic bigot. He is also clearly a filthy anti-Semite piece of trash, as seen from his recent speech.

CNN) On Saturday night, President Donald Trump served up a buffet of anti-Semitic tropes during his speech before the Israeli American Council advocacy group in Florida. He played on the dangerous anti-Semitic theme of Jews having dual loyalty to the United States and another country, when he said, "They don't love Israel enough."

He then invoked the slur that Jews are hyper-focused on money, telling the crowd that to protect their money they will vote for him -- falsely claiming that 2020 Democratic Presidential candidate Elizabeth Warren's proposed "wealth tax" will take "100% of your wealth away." He added, "You're not going to vote for the wealth tax... you're going to be my biggest supporters because you'll be out of business in about 15 minutes."

And he went one step further, saying that Jewish people in the real estate business he knows "very well, you're brutal killers. You're not nice people at all, but you have to vote for me."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/08/opinions ... index.html

Knowing all of this, what does it say about people who continue to support the garbage that is Donald Trump?

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

CU88 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:55 pm
A bail-out from the feds on that loan when I go belly up...much like what Bareny Frank told every one...'THE PRIVATE SECTOR got us into this mess. The government has to get us out of it."
[/quote]

[/quote]

The debt only matters in partisan debate, when has it ever been a point or serious concern. Otherwise budgets and pain of debt would impact is ALL.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

President Snowflake. What a loser.
trump-loser-hand.jpg
trump-loser-hand.jpg (40.69 KiB) Viewed 1207 times
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:06 pm The debt only matters in partisan debate, when has it ever been a point or serious concern.
If you believed that for one moment, you would have zero problem with handing out free healthcare and college/trade education to every man, woman and child. Just borrow money to pay for it, right?

You'd also sign up for free breakfast, lunch, and dinner for all school kids who can't afford it.

And instead of handing out $14 Billion to farmers, why not make it $140 Billion?

You're being absurd, and you know it.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:06 pm

[/quote]

The debt only matters in partisan debate, when has it ever been a point or serious concern. Otherwise budgets and pain of debt would impact is ALL.
[/quote]

I am sure that you and I have reached this point before, and you ignored the following question:

So why do we pay taxes at all?
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

jhu72 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:11 pm President Snowflake. What a loser.

trump-loser-hand.jpg
Not all there
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

CU88 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:54 pmI am sure that you and I have reached this point before, and you ignored the following question:

Exactly. Get rid of them if the debt doesn't matter.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

That's an issue only when there is a Dem in the White House. Any other time it is inconsequential. :twisted:
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

CU88 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:54 pm

I am sure that you and I have reached this point before, and you ignored the following question:

So we do not turn into Venezuela or Cuba. You guys are being silly and know full well not one politician truly cares about the debt...they just want us to care. And we have fallen for it hook, line, and sinker. Why else have they ignored budgets for decades?

As Dave Chappelle show said....."We are rich biatch"

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:16 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:06 pm The debt only matters in partisan debate, when has it ever been a point or serious concern.
If you believed that for one moment, you would have zero problem with handing out free healthcare and college/trade education to every man, woman and child. Just borrow money to pay for it, right?

You'd also sign up for free breakfast, lunch, and dinner for all school kids who can't afford it.

And instead of handing out $14 Billion to farmers, why not make it $140 Billion?

You're being absurd, and you know it.
Afan...you are being too crass and logical in your thinking. Why else do you believe people like Bernie, AOC, and Warren think we can do this....it is because we actually can....but we know (logical thinkers with common sense) we'll end up broke if we open the flood gates for 328 mm people to have everything free. Our balancing act is status quo with small changes...but you already know that.
~Livy

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Impeach!
Remove!
Imprison!
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:43 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:11 am
youthathletics wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:06 am
a fan wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:57 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:42 pm (YA - No, but let's fight fair....it gets higher and higher under every POTUS)
Nope. The deficit went DOWN for two years in a row under Obama. Remember the sequester? And if it makes you happy, go right ahead and give Boehner credit for that. He passed that bill, after all. And remind us all again what employment looked like? Certainly you know that. Oh wait, but BHO's stimulus was not pumping money into the economy?. Sure it was...maybe even his deal with those Common Core people, who also propped up his advance on his book deal.
youth,
Take a look at the chart on unemployment rate. Notice anything?
https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/LNS14000024

Perhaps that employment was decimated by the Great Recession, which began before Obama was elected, so unemployment skyrocketed?

Then straight down year after year after year under Obama, as the economy survived with the initial stimulus package backed by Bush and then the GOP with Dems under Obama, and eventually strengthened despite sequester. It was 4.7% in 2016, which was historically quite low.

It's 3.5% today as the trend continued under further economic juicing. It likely otherwise would have been continuing to go lower but at a lower pace.

The question is whether that immense amount of additional stimulus was actually worth the squeeze in terms of wages and standard of living (continued increases in health care costs on the consumer have eaten up any positive impacts).

I have no idea what your jibe about "Common Core" has to do with that, so am not responding to that one.
We are saying the same thing, I believe. We needed that stimulus, its just that the BHO Admin wasted a ton of it on those "shovel ready jobs" that never took place; see Solendra ref. My point, was that there is a correlation between recession/unemployment and debt.

The Common Core piece was his administrations donation to Pearson Education that was driving the development of Common Core....to only then have that same company provide him the 65 mm book deal....is that quid pro quo; maybe?

I have been on record numerous times crediting BHO for righting the ship and acknowledged the unemployment rate trending downward...no argument there at all. So in the same breath, Trump is clearly following BHO's lead or simply NOT screwing up a good thing, b/c the trend line continues downward. If Trump is such an idiot, unemployment should be heading back north, b/c he knows nothing as you all say, but it is not.
I don't think Solendra was part of the stimulus package per se, but I would agree about "shovel ready" as well as picking individual companies as likely to be problematic, with certainly some misses.

On Pearson, no, I'm pretty sure that was an auction process. Other bidders were simply outbid, not a 'quid pro quo'...that would be a hard right anti-Obama conspiracy theory, not justified by the facts: https://www.ft.com/content/6da8931a-fde ... 00c5664d30

On Trump, yes he could well be an idiot and yet unemployment continue to be reduced. After all, what he did was simply to sign the GOP tax bill, an enormous stimulus package.

Not exactly genius, though one might well say that taking on massive debt is something he is quite comfortable with doing from his business practices. So is declaring bankruptcy. If he has demonstrated any 'genius' in his business practices, it has been his savvy use of Other Peoples Money, losing massively, yet isolating his own risks in doing so and preserving the upsides for himself. Also quite savvy in his tax avoidance schemes, some of which, reportedly, went across the line of being legal.

So, is Trump 'smart' in that he understood that an already strong economy would get a further boost from being juiced with the tax cut, and that he'd be out of office long before the debt would actually be called?

Maybe.

Heck, he might even have been smart enough to understand that most of the actual benefit of the tax cut would flow to a very small class of folks including himself and his family. Probably so.

Did he also understand that much of the tax cut impact would flow to foreign nationals with large US corporate holdings through stock buybacks?

Maybe...indeed the Saudis, for instance, have very large such holdings...so do a lot of other folks who seem to have his ear.

So, he may well not be an idiot.

On the other hand, he could well be a 'useful idiot' to those various interests, aligning his personal benefit with those encouraging him in the same direction.

But we the taxpayers end up holding the check.
And so, we need to ask ourselves: Did we remotely get the benefit of that massive stimulus package, incurred at a time when the economy was already very strong, unemployment was already within historic lows?
Typical Lax Dad

YA should tell his family that he is going to run up massive debt and live an extravagant lifestyle on borrowed money before he kicks the bucket and then have his debt netted against what is left of the estate..... won't be YA's problem because he will be long gone... basically a proxy for the current state of the stock market in particular......

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-d ... rt-2018-12
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:40 pm Politicians should constituents that they are going to run up massive debt and live an extravagant lifestyle on borrowed money before they leave office and then have their debt covered by taxes..... won't be their problem because they will be long gone... basically a proxy for the current state of the stock market in particular......

I fixed your analogy.... :D

It has been that way for decades by politicians "it's other peoples money we are spending" they say.
~Livy

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:23 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:40 pm Politicians should constituents that they are going to run up massive debt and live an extravagant lifestyle on borrowed money before they leave office and then have their debt covered by taxes..... won't be their problem because they will be long gone... basically a proxy for the current state of the stock market in particular......

It has been that way for decades by politicians "it's other peoples money we are spending" they say.
And we should not buy into that argument.
Many of my fellow Republicans actually used to believe that it was important to push back against that notion.
Many of those still do, but they've been pushed into the back bench or out of office by the Trumpists.
Grossly, some have proven to be complete hypocrites.
Typical Lax Dad

Clinton left office with a surplus. I guess he wasn't a politician....... Keep drinking it.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:35 pm

:lol:

Clinton left office with a surplus. I guess he wasn't a politician....... Keep drinking it.
:lol: :lol: :lol: you must be hittin’ the crack pipe then with that recent comment. Clinton was he benefactor of the DOT.COM boom.
~Livy

Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:36 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: you must be hittin’ the crack pipe then with that recent comment. Clinton was he benefactor of the DOT.COM boom.
Did he leave with a surplus or not? Yes or no? You have already demonstrated that you don’t care about reasoning. Donald is enjoying sloppy seconds remember?
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:39 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:36 pm

Did he leave with a surplus or not? Yes or no? You have already demonstrated that you don’t care about reasoning. Donald is enjoying sloppy seconds remember?
I may be wrong TLD but I think you are leaving out a key word. I believe Clinton left us with "projected" budget surpluses. The kind that look good on paper but never really existed. From what I understand any surpluses were spent long before they became reality. The new buzz phrase from now on will always be "projected" increase in our debt.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”