Conservatives and Liberals

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Conservatives and Liberals

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:45 pm My wife and I always comment that the best politicians are the ones that have to govern in a cross-party fashion.

Guys like Buttigeg and Hogan can be a political minority and still get the job done in "enemy territory." Those are the types of people and temperments we should be taking a hard look at on the national scene.
+1
CU88

Post by CU88 »

r's now want a war on Thanksgiving!

https://www.vox.com/explainers/2019/11/ ... ws-florida

Deplorable
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Another war. Another phony Trump draft deferment.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

holmes435 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:16 am Planned Parenthood just awarded 2.3M in a case involving people illegally videotaping PP attempting to find evidence of unsubstantiated claims that PP was selling tissue illegally

The stupidest part about all this? If Planned Parenthood goes away, teen pregnancies and abortions go up.
Because you FLP folks love the sound of dead babies being sucked into a sink. What a bunch of degenerate scum you all are. Hey if PP can make a buck selling baby parts. I double dog dare ANY of you FLP folks to witness an abortion up close and personal. You folks are no better than Adolph Hitler. Murder Jews... Murder unborn children. There is a special spot in hell for all of you. :evil: I already know what all of your righteous indignation to my comments will be. If any of you believe in God then you can explain yourself to him when you leave this earth. What do you think Jesus would say about the murder of his fathers children? If any of you were raised as a Catholic, even if you no longer believe. ABORTION IS MURDER. You all can justify it all you want. If you are comfortable explaining your ambivalence about the murder of his children to your creator. You don't have to justify anything to me, you have to answer to a much higher power. Good luck with that.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:05 pm
holmes435 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:16 am Planned Parenthood just awarded 2.3M in a case involving people illegally videotaping PP attempting to find evidence of unsubstantiated claims that PP was selling tissue illegally

The stupidest part about all this? If Planned Parenthood goes away, teen pregnancies and abortions go up.
Because you FLP folks love the sound of dead babies being sucked into a sink. What a bunch of degenerate scum you all are. Hey if PP can make a buck selling baby parts. I double dog dare ANY of you FLP folks to witness an abortion up close and personal. You folks are no better than Adolph Hitler. Murder Jews... Murder unborn children. There is a special spot in hell for all of you. :evil: I already know what all of your righteous indignation to my comments will be. If any of you believe in God then you can explain yourself to him when you leave this earth. What do you think Jesus would say about the murder of his fathers children? If any of you were raised as a Catholic, even if you no longer believe. ABORTION IS MURDER. You all can justify it all you want. If you are comfortable explaining your ambivalence about the murder of his children to your creator. You don't have to justify anything to me, you have to answer to a much higher power. Good luck with that.
Judge not, lest yea be judged...

Thanks and giving to all.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Under His Eye.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:05 pm

So you're happier with more abortions out there if you close PP?

My creator would say trying to reduce the overall number of abortions is a good thing.
ABV 8.3%

Re: Conservatives and Liberals- why they smell

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Merry Thanksgiving.......these are the new leaders of our country. Very, very normal, intelligent conversations. TULSI/ROKCO/2020

This is a MUST watch.....scroll forward if you have heard Tulsi's "reason why I'm running " story.....to around 8 minutes, when ROCKO starts to speak. Hey, MDLax.......and others......another NON-party person. More or us than there are of you pretend D and R's.

Smart man, that Rocko.....and of course, supporting Tulsi for POTUsA...

"....America is stronger than one man....." R. W.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdYud9re7-Q
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:56 pm Merry Thanksgiving.......these are the new leaders of our country. Very, very normal, intelligent conversations. TULSI/ROKCO/2020

This is a MUST watch.....scroll forward if you have heard Tulsi's "reason why I'm running " story.....to around 8 minutes, when ROCKO starts to speak. Hey, MDLax.......and others......another NON-party person. More or us than there are of you pretend D and R's.

good podcast. The format is definitely more conducive to hearing what folks actually think, F-bombs and all.
Our sound bite media process often misses this deeper look.
That said, I don't agree with a lot of Tulsi's views, long form or not.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:50 am
ABV 8.3% wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:56 pm Merry Thanksgiving.......these are the new leaders of our country. Very, very normal, intelligent conversations. TULSI/ROKCO/2020

good podcast. The format is definitely more conducive to hearing what folks actually think, F-bombs and all.
Yes.....Joe Rogan has many, many, good podcasts.

BUT....

Let's be clear, you just made a statement, definitively, that you don't agree with A LOT of Tulsi Gabbards "views". OK, can you name just ONE? It's only fair.

F-bombs? Ok mr rogers....if only you were as nice.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:56 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:50 am

Yes.....Joe Rogan has many, many, good podcasts.

BUT....

Let's be clear, you just made a statement, definitively, that you don't agree with A LOT of Tulsi Gabbards "views". OK, can you name just ONE? It's only fair.

F-bombs? Ok mr rogers....if only you were as nice.
I wasn't offended by the F-bombs, fatty.
Just a little surprised that Tulsi went there.
But I personally have no issue with it.

I think Tulsi's foreign engagement views are quite extreme.
She has every right to these views and I think it's useful to hear them, but I disagree with them.

I do NOT think she is a Russian puppet nor even 'useful idiot' in the sense that Trump is both (subject to kompromat and flat ignorant) but I do think the Russians and their proxies have identified her as useful to their purposes and thus are contributing to her social media. That's unfortunate. I'd like to see her reject such support, not deny it as real.

Instead, she is playing the woe is me card about her Twitter account getting shut down during a big surge, she says without explanation. She says that she is the most googled and tweeted candidate during and after each debate. My bet would be that Twitter picked up that a huge portion of this spiking interest was bots and right wing false identity, foreign trolls. Twitter and the other social media platforms are working on automated detection systems to reduce these mechanisms that were exploited by the Russians during 2016 and which continue to be a big vulnerability.

The right wing is whining that these efforts are designed against the right wing, that 'conservatives' are being discriminated against in particular. I believe that's total BS, the efforts are designed to combat the misuse of the platform algorithm mechanisms regardless of purpose and ideology.

I've written in these threads extensively on this topic, which I happen to know a bit about. In no way do I discount that the platforms could themselves tilt one direction or another, though I think their primary driver is money making, but I definitely see them as having at least the capacity to technically battle the misuse of their platforms by phony identities. While they appear to be taking some steps as I describe (they have publicly said they are doing so), I think the profit incentives may require regulatory involvement to ensure oversight. But this shouldn't be about ideology, it should be about eliminating the false identity accounts and overt false information propaganda.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:39 am

I think Tulsi's foreign engagement views are quite extreme. Can you elaborate ? Which specific foreign view is extreme.
She has every right to these views and I think it's useful to hear them, but I disagree with them.

I do NOT think she is a Russian puppet nor even 'useful idiot' in the sense that Trump is both (subject to kompromat and flat ignorant) but I do think the Russians and their proxies have identified her as useful to their purposes and thus are contributing to her social media. That's unfortunate. I'd like to see her reject such support, not deny it as real.

Instead, she is playing the woe is me card about her Twitter account getting shut down during a big surge, she says without explanation. It was GOOGLE, not twitter. It matters. She says that she is the most googled and tweeted candidate during and after each debate. My bet would be that Twitter picked up that a huge portion of this spiking interest was bots and right wing false identity, foreign trolls. Twitter and the other social media platforms are working on automated detection systems to reduce these mechanisms that were exploited by the Russians during 2016 and which continue to be a big vulnerability. You really don't know what is going on........sad.

I would like a lil more substance from you. Right now, you're providing a "gentle C" type response.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

yeah, I must have smoked too much weed...addled in the brain now.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:05 pm yeah, I must have smoked too much weed...addled in the brain now.
This shouldn't be so hard, especially since you made the claim.....

....just ONE foreign policy that you disagree with Tulsi Gabbard on.......
-----------------------------------------------------------

Is it her Bolivia policy?

Asking racist Trudea the black face Canuck to step down?

Selling Iceland three Nuke aircraft carriers ?

Lativia milk price fixing ?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:36 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:05 pm yeah, I must have smoked too much weed...addled in the brain now.

“Gaga for Gabby”. Do it!
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Fatty, I really don't have a dog in this hunt. Tulsi is not on the radar screen as far as I'm concerned.
But, yeah, her isolationism goes too far in my view, simply mistaken; I'd say that her play with Assad raises alarm bells as well.

But I'm not going to go as far as some and claim she actually intends to be playing into Putin's hands.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:57 pm

Fatty, I really don't have a dog in this hunt. Tulsi is not on the radar screen as far as I'm concerned.
But, yeah, her isolationism goes too far in my view, simply mistaken; I'd say that her play with Assad raises alarm bells as well.

But I'm not going to go as far as some and claim she actually intends to be playing into Putin's hands.
So your calling Hillary a liar? The long knives will be out for your alleged Republican backside. This could be a first on this forum. Is it possible MD was making a subtle criticism against a Democrat? :o I now believe that pigs really can fly. :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:17 pm

So your calling Hillary a liar? The long knives will be out for your alleged Republican backside. This could be a first on this forum. Is it possible MD was making a subtle criticism against a Democrat? :o I now believe that pigs really can fly. :D
nope, but calling SOMEONE that.

try watching, again, for the first time.

at the 50 minute mark, Tulsi Gabbard talks about ASSad, ( but you knew that b/c you watched it , like you claimed. :roll:

at 1:04:10....Tulsi Gabbard explains her, or rather MYTH BUSTS her "isolationist" viewpoint. Alleged a "concern" of the liar.
Last edited by ABV 8.3% on Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:17 pm

If you had ever bothered to pay attention to what I've written, I've been hugely clear that I did not, do not like HRC...didn't vote for her, thought her various flaws as a candidate muted the same sorts of issues for Trump that another candidate would have been able to focus on far more critically. Corruption, the issues with Bill and women, including the accusations of assault and rape...these would have been far more exploitable by a candidate with clean hands. Same in reverse for Trump, I think any traditional GOP candidate would have mopped the floor with HRC given her flaws...and her seeming elitist, above everyone posture.

And I've also indicated that my wife felt even more strenuously negative about HRC, going all the way back to her Tammy Wynette moment in NH in Bill's primaries. She smelled her ambition-driven phoniness way back then.

On this particular criticism of Tulsi, I thought she was right in that the Russians have identified Tulsi as a candidate who espouses views favorable to Russia and they are indeed magnifying her social media reach...she's the darling of the Russian propaganda machine, pushed out through all sorts of dark corners of far right networks. But HRC seemed to be suggesting that Tulsi is on that game, that's she's a witting player with the Russians in the same way Trump was...that's a bridge too far, as much as I can tell. If HRC really has that sort of factual insight, HRC should have produced some evidence of it being that reality. Otherwise it feels like a smear of Tulsi's character, rather than the alert about Russian activity that does seem to be really quite accurate.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:16 pm
On this particular criticism of Tulsi, I thought she was right in that the Russians have identified Tulsi as a candidate who espouses views favorable to Russia and they are indeed magnifying her social media reach...she's the darling of the Russian propaganda machine, pushed out through all sorts of dark corners of far right networks. But HRC seemed to be suggesting that Tulsi is on that game, that's she's a witting player with the Russians in the same way Trump was...that's a bridge too far, as much as I can tell. If HRC really has that sort of factual insight, HRC should have produced some evidence of it being that reality. Otherwise it feels like a smear of Tulsi's character, rather than the alert about Russian activity that does seem to be really quite accurate.
This tripe is the thoughts of a man that gives little credence to others thoughts, opinions and research, to the point of knowledge is for the.....

What are YOU talking about? The russian Darling stuff of Tulsi Gabbard legend has been PROVEN to be a bunch of LIES. complete , thoughtless folks follow this tripe and eat it up, post it on threads like this....like IT"S TRUE. Alas, so many chances to engage, but over and over, just proven to be a not not reliable. Not engaging ........

Return to “POLITICS”