Conservative Ideology: A Big Lie

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: The GOP, Its Past, Present and Future Direction

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:31 pm “Mark Coleman, Jordan’s roommate on several wrestling trips and a former UFC champion, told the Wall Street Journal, "There’s no way, unless he’s got dementia or something, that he’s got no recollection of what was going on at Ohio State."

NBC News reported earlier this month that a professional referee claimed that Strauss masturbated in front of him in a shower after a wrestling match at Ohio State University, and that he reported the encounter directly to Jordan.

"Yeah, that’s Strauss," Jordan and then-head coach Russ Hellickson replied, according to the lawsuit.

NBC News continued, "The lawsuit, filed in federal court in Ohio, implies that Jordan's response to the incident, which the referee said happened in 1994, was essentially a shrug."

The attempted cover-up is almost more unseemly.”

Gym Jordan is quite the guy. A hayseed.... keep up your full throated defense Old Salt
Were you in the shower with them when this happened ?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:37 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:31 pm “Mark Coleman, Jordan’s roommate on several wrestling trips and a former UFC champion, told the Wall Street Journal, "There’s no way, unless he’s got dementia or something, that he’s got no recollection of what was going on at Ohio State."

NBC News reported earlier this month that a professional referee claimed that Strauss masturbated in front of him in a shower after a wrestling match at Ohio State University, and that he reported the encounter directly to Jordan.

"Yeah, that’s Strauss," Jordan and then-head coach Russ Hellickson replied, according to the lawsuit.

NBC News continued, "The lawsuit, filed in federal court in Ohio, implies that Jordan's response to the incident, which the referee said happened in 1994, was essentially a shrug."

Gym Jordan is quite the guy. A hayseed.... keep up your full throated defense Old Salt
You are obsessed. You have something to get off your chest Sailor?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:02 am

You're so well versed on the details, being a fellow hayseed from Ohio, I just wondered if you've filed your suit yet.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:54 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:02 am

You're so well versed on the details, being a fellow hayseed from Ohio, I just wondered if you've filed your suit yet.
Not from Ohio but pretty much raised there. The detail I know is that Gym seems to have been less than “truthful”. Your squad mates are all going to lie on a squad leader? Everyone lying except for him?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:35 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:21 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:55 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:26 pm Good ‘Ol Gym Jordan

https://www.wusa9.com/mobile/article/op ... 64738a4784
Funny how you dredge up the same sleazy story every time Jordan's about to participate in a high profile hearing.

How's life in tOSU shower drain ? Do you wear your waders ?
The article was November 30, 2019...but yeah, the 'story' keeps getting worse for Jordan as more wrestlers come forward...Jordan is a liar and this was a whopper.

That's who is the #1 rabid defender for Trump. Yup, he's about to "participate in a high profile hearing'...pity that he's such a scum sucker that this "sleazy story ' gets "dredge(d)' up again.
Oh yeah. This scum sucking story is right down your alley.
I see, let's ignore the scum sucking behaviors of these cats...IF they play for MY team...typical for you, Salty.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Today's TRUMParty:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... agandists/

"Sen. John Neely Kennedy (R-La.) once before walked back an assertion that maybe Ukraine was responsible for meddling in the 2016 election. That has not deterred him from repeating the Kremlin’s propaganda. Appearing on “Meet the Press” on Sunday, he was at it again. When moderator Chuck Todd asked him if he was not simply doing Russia’s dirty work, Kennedy responded, “I think both Russia and Ukraine meddled in the 2016 election. I think it’s been well documented in the Financial Times, in Politico, in the Economist, in the Washington Examiner, even on CBS, that the prime minister of Ukraine, the interior minister, the Ukrainian ambassador to the United States, the head of the Ukrainian Anti-Corruption League, all meddled in the election on social media and otherwise.”

This is false, patently false. None of these outlets identified manipulation or interference in our election. Individual Ukrainians have publicly criticized President Trump, but Kennedy prefers to utter the Kremlin propaganda line. He acknowledged that he did not attend a briefing that Fiona Hill referenced “that actually this entire effort to frame Ukraine for the Russian meddling of 2016, of which you, you just made this case that they’ve done it, that actually this is an effort of Russia propaganda, that this is a Russian intelligence propaganda campaign in order to get people like you to say these things about Ukraine,” as Todd put it. An incredulous Todd soldiered on:

TODD: They’re trying to frame Ukraine. You apparently were briefed about this in the United States Senate by intelligence officials. Are you at all concerned you’re doing Russian intelligence work here?

KENNEDY: I was not briefed. . . .
I wasn’t briefed. Dr. Hill is entitled to her opinion. But when the Economist magazine --

TODD: When does opinion, when does opinion become fact? Does 17 intelligence services saying it, does every Western intelligence ally saying Russia did this? I’m just sort of confused, at what point is it no longer an opinion for you?

KENNEDY: I don’t think it’s an opinion. I think it’s a fact.

Kennedy persisted in naming publications that did not confirm his claim of Ukrainian “interference.” Todd tried yet again:

TODD: I mean, my goodness, wait a minute, Senator Kennedy, you now have the president of Ukraine saying he actively worked for the Democratic nominee for president. I mean, now come on. I mean, I got to put up — you realize the only other person selling this argument outside the United States is this man, Vladimir Putin. This is what he said on November 20th: “Thank God nobody is accusing us anymore of interfering in U.S. elections. Now they’re accusing Ukraine. Well, let them sort this out among themselves.” You just accused a former president of Ukraine. You have done exactly what the Russian operation is trying to get American politicians to do. Are you at all concerned that you’ve been duped?

KENNEDY: No, because you -- just read the articles. . . .

TODD: Do you think there’s a difference in a country criticizing a presidential candidate who essentially endorsed another country’s invasion and annexation of a part of their country as equivalent to what Russia did with the DNC?
At that point Kennedy switched topics — to falsely claim Trump was not allowed to invite witnesses in the House Judiciary Committee’s upcoming impeachment hearings.

What to do about a senator who neglects his obligations to attend briefings, who perpetuates propaganda from an adversary of the United States and who deliberately misleads the public by conflating meddling/interference by an adversary and public criticism of a candidate?

Ultimately, it is up to the people of Louisiana to vote him out, but his fellow senators (are there no Republicans willing to stand up for objective reality?) need to condemn him roundly. The media, as Todd tried to do, must clarify that Kennedy is spouting disinformation. (Ideally the media should also disabuse the public of the notion that any individual of another country who criticizes a candidate is engaged in election interference.)

Kennedy is not alone in his obfuscation, but he is one of the most egregious examples. Frankly, it is for this reason — the need to set the public straight and to make a historical record — to proceed with impeachment. We look forward to the House Intelligence Committee’s report, due out for members Monday, which will begin the process of public education.

Unfortunately, we have one political party that would just as soon be used as Kremlin propagandists if it means helping Trump. (They never seem bothered by the realization that Trump’s interests and the Kremlin’s are in lockstep.) The solution for that, and for reestablishing truth as a principle of self-governance, is at the ballot box in 2020: Vote them all out, every last one of them."
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:56 am

Funny how you dredge up the same sleazy story every time Jordan's about to participate in a high profile hearing.

The article was November 30, 2019...but yeah, the 'story' keeps getting worse for Jordan as more wrestlers come forward...Jordan is a liar and this was a whopper.

That's who is the #1 rabid defender for Trump. Yup, he's about to "participate in a high profile hearing'...pity that he's such a scum sucker that this "sleazy story ' gets "dredge(d)' up again.
I see, let's ignore the scum sucking behaviors of these cats...IF they play for MY team...typical for you, Salty.
Slimey slander for political advantage -- typical of you.
What did Jordan do ? You're repeating unproven accusations that he knew about something & failed to act.
Which of his superiors, in positions of greater power & authority, have been slandered to the extent that Jordan has ?
He's being targeted (again) to undercut his credibility as a Congressional questioner.
What do the voters in his district think ? How'd he do in the last election ?
...he got 65% of the vote (again).
Maybe our resident Ohio hayseed can give us an anecdotal report on that from his shower room buddies back home.
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:32 am Today's TRUMParty:

"Sen. John Neely Kennedy (R-La.) once before walked back an assertion that maybe Ukraine was responsible for meddling in the 2016 election. That has not deterred him from repeating the Kremlin’s propaganda. Appearing on “Meet the Press” on Sunday, he was at it again. When moderator Chuck Todd asked him if he was not simply doing Russia’s dirty work, Kennedy responded, “I think both Russia and Ukraine meddled in the 2016 election. I think it’s been well documented in the Financial Times, in Politico, in the Economist, in the Washington Examiner, even on CBS, that the prime minister of Ukraine, the interior minister, the Ukrainian ambassador to the United States, the head of the Ukrainian Anti-Corruption League, all meddled in the election on social media and otherwise.”

This is false, patently false. None of these outlets identified manipulation or interference in our election. Individual Ukrainians have publicly criticized President Trump, but Kennedy prefers to utter the Kremlin propaganda line. He acknowledged that he did not attend a briefing that Fiona Hill referenced “that actually this entire effort to frame Ukraine for the Russian meddling of 2016, of which you, you just made this case that they’ve done it, that actually this is an effort of Russia propaganda, that this is a Russian intelligence propaganda campaign in order to get people like you to say these things about Ukraine,” as Todd put it. An incredulous Todd soldiered on:

TODD: They’re trying to frame Ukraine. You apparently were briefed about this in the United States Senate by intelligence officials. Are you at all concerned you’re doing Russian intelligence work here?

I wasn’t briefed. Dr. Hill is entitled to her opinion. But when the Economist magazine --

TODD: When does opinion, when does opinion become fact? Does 17 intelligence services saying it, does every Western intelligence ally saying Russia did this? I’m just sort of confused, at what point is it no longer an opinion for you?

Kennedy persisted in naming publications that did not confirm his claim of Ukrainian “interference.” Todd tried yet again:

TODD: I mean, my goodness, wait a minute, Senator Kennedy, you now have the president of Ukraine saying he actively worked for the Democratic nominee for president. I mean, now come on. I mean, I got to put up — you realize the only other person selling this argument outside the United States is this man, Vladimir Putin. This is what he said on November 20th: “Thank God nobody is accusing us anymore of interfering in U.S. elections. Now they’re accusing Ukraine. Well, let them sort this out among themselves.” You just accused a former president of Ukraine. You have done exactly what the Russian operation is trying to get American politicians to do. Are you at all concerned that you’ve been duped?

TODD: Do you think there’s a difference in a country criticizing a presidential candidate who essentially endorsed another country’s invasion and annexation of a part of their country as equivalent to what Russia did with the DNC?
At that point Kennedy switched topics — to falsely claim Trump was not allowed to invite witnesses in the House Judiciary Committee’s upcoming impeachment hearings.

What to do about a senator who neglects his obligations to attend briefings, who perpetuates propaganda from an adversary of the United States and who deliberately misleads the public by conflating meddling/interference by an adversary and public criticism of a candidate?

Ultimately, it is up to the people of Louisiana to vote him out, but his fellow senators (are there no Republicans willing to stand up for objective reality?) need to condemn him roundly. The media, as Todd tried to do, must clarify that Kennedy is spouting disinformation. (Ideally the media should also disabuse the public of the notion that any individual of another country who criticizes a candidate is engaged in election interference.)

Kennedy is not alone in his obfuscation, but he is one of the most egregious examples. Frankly, it is for this reason — the need to set the public straight and to make a historical record — to proceed with impeachment. We look forward to the House Intelligence Committee’s report, due out for members Monday, which will begin the process of public education.

Unfortunately, we have one political party that would just as soon be used as Kremlin propagandists if it means helping Trump. (They never seem bothered by the realization that Trump’s interests and the Kremlin’s are in lockstep.) The solution for that, and for reestablishing truth as a principle of self-governance, is at the ballot box in 2020: Vote them all out, every last one of them."
Lol you post something from the biggest fake news agency out there? You must be desperate for lies to fit your narrative!
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
CU88

Post by CU88 »

yet another r who cried "Witch Hunt" found guilty...

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/ne ... ce-scandal
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

Bandito wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:17 pm

Lol you post something from the biggest fake news agency out there? You must be desperate for lies to fit your narrative!
But the content is spot on........usually is, which is why it is derided by the Trumpistas.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

3rdPersonPlural wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:53 pm
Bandito wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:17 pm

But the content is spot on........usually is, which is why it is derided by the Trumpistas.
Bandito is what the country is dealing with: a thoughtless, ardent apostle ready to enter the fire over anything. It is lost on him that the article he derides is made up almost entirely of a recap of a television program, so that much can be promptly confirmed as true. He and other Trump-Lovers must hold onto the "Ukraine Did It" narrative (to which, as a fan points out, the Congress replied by a bipartisan measure to send $400 million to it!). The reckoning is here: a self-governing society with a significant enough voting bloc of voters who don't care about the truth. Today's Low- to No-Information GOP -- see it now, see it everywhere.
old salt

Post by old salt »

...but nobody's disputing, or even talking about, the reporting that Kennedy cited.

What's become of Ken Vogel, formerly of POLITICO & then the NYT ?
Don't see him on MSNBC anymore.
Exiled to writing obits or in WITSEC ?
ggait

Post by ggait »

Kennedy is in a race to the bottom with Ron Johnson and Lindsey Graham to see who can disgrace themselves the most.

For me, Kennedy is the current leader. He proclaims himself a deplorable, despite his degrees from Vanderbilt, UVA Law School and Oxford (the one in England, not Mississippi). GMAB. Lying doesn't come close to describing it, since he's more than smart enough to know what he's peddling. Bald-faced gaslighting using Putin talking points.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
old salt

Post by old salt »

NYT's Ken Vogel's gas lighting too, then.
old salt wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:02 pm ...but nobody's disputing, or even talking about, the reporting that Kennedy cited.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... -joe-biden

Vogel's reporting, which includes a May 1 story that helped generate renewed scrutiny of Hunter Biden's ties to an energy company owned by a Ukrainian oligarch, also flies in the face of Joe Biden's dismissal of the controversy on Friday when he said "not one single credible outlet has given any credibility" to Trump's claims of possible misconduct.

The situation involving Biden's son working for Burisma Holdings "is a significant liability for Joe Biden," Vogel said during a panel led by MSNBC's Nicolle Wallace. "There is a story here. We’ve told some of it. There is more to be told. We are going to continue to sort of pull that back."

Vogel admitted Friday that it is getting "complicated" to report the story because it is "impossible to separate the political motivation that the Trump folks have from what actually may be here in the facts of this situation."

But he stressed how his reporting has turned up evidence that high-level officials in the Obama State Department and other agencies raised "a red flag about Hunter Biden’s involvement with this gas company at a time when Joe Biden was the standard-bearer for the Obama administration’s case that Ukraine needed to clean up its act, including by investigating this gas company."

"I think there’s probably something there," he said.
Last edited by old salt on Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

ggait wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:08 pm Kennedy is in a race to the bottom with Ron Johnson and Lindsey Graham to see who can disgrace themselves the most.

For me, Kennedy is the current leader. He proclaims himself a deplorable, despite his degrees from Vanderbilt, UVA Law School and Oxford (the one in England, not Mississippi). GMAB. Lying doesn't come close to describing it, since he's more than smart enough to know what he's peddling. Bald-faced gaslighting using Putin talking points.
Exactly, but why?
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:21 pm NYT's Ken Vogel's gas lighting too, then.
old salt wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:02 pm ...but nobody's disputing, or even talking about, the reporting that Kennedy cited.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Let's assume these vague statements from Vogel are true.....

So now you and FoxNation are telling us: it's NOT ok for a government official (Biden or Trump ) to pressure Ukrainian leaders by threatening to withhold aid? Do I have this right? You changed your mind?

Can you make up your mind and let us know whether this is ok or not? It's kind of an important question that needs answering.
old salt

Post by old salt »

old salt wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:21 pm NYT's Ken Vogel's gas lighting too, then.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... -joe-biden

Vogel's reporting, which includes a May 1 story that helped generate renewed scrutiny of Hunter Biden's ties to an energy company owned by a Ukrainian oligarch, also flies in the face of Joe Biden's dismissal of the controversy on Friday when he said "not one single credible outlet has given any credibility" to Trump's claims of possible misconduct.

The situation involving Biden's son working for Burisma Holdings "is a significant liability for Joe Biden," Vogel said during a panel led by MSNBC's Nicolle Wallace. "There is a story here. We’ve told some of it. There is more to be told. We are going to continue to sort of pull that back."

Vogel admitted Friday that it is getting "complicated" to report the story because it is "impossible to separate the political motivation that the Trump folks have from what actually may be here in the facts of this situation."

But he stressed how his reporting has turned up evidence that high-level officials in the Obama State Department and other agencies raised "a red flag about Hunter Biden’s involvement with this gas company at a time when Joe Biden was the standard-bearer for the Obama administration’s case that Ukraine needed to clean up its act, including by investigating this gas company."

"I think there’s probably something there," he said.
a fan wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:27 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Let's assume these vague statements from Vogel are true.....

So now you and FoxNation are telling us: it's NOT ok for a government official (Biden or Trump ) to pressure Ukrainian leaders by threatening to withhold aid? Do I have this right? You changed your mind?

Can you make up your mind and let us know whether this is ok or not? It's kind of an important question that needs answering.
Fox Nation ? That's a NYT reporter on MSNBC.
So you agree. The MSNBC & tNYT's are gas lighting us too.
You're gas lighting by ignoring & dismissing the Biden - Ukraine story.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Vogel got it wrong. Subpoena Chalupa. She’s begging you.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:57 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:56 am

Slimey slander for political advantage -- typical of you.
What did Jordan do ? You're repeating unproven accusations that he knew about something & failed to act.
Which of his superiors, in positions of greater power & authority, have been slandered to the extent that Jordan has ?
He's being targeted (again) to undercut his credibility as a Congressional questioner.
What do the voters in his district think ? How'd he do in the last election ?
...he got 65% of the vote (again).
Maybe our resident Ohio hayseed can give us an anecdotal report on that from his shower room buddies back home.
So...I watch Jordan flat out right lie, over and over again...defending a jerk who lies every day.

And you think it isn't relevant that he's been lying about this abuse scandal?
Not according to me, according to a whole bunch of wrestlers who were there?

Absolutely, it's "slimy". But that's Jordan.

Return to “POLITICS”