Conservative Ideology: A Big Lie

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
youthathletics

Re: The GOP, Its Past, Present and Future Direction

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:09 am
youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:17 pm :roll: :lol: :lol:

If allegiance is only to party, then democrats should win everything every single time. Why does that not happen? I love the fact that the media is supporting and growing the r’s base...merely by just opening their mouths.
no the "allegiance is (NOT) only to party.
It's a cult of personality.

Anyone who does not bow down, is no longer welcome in the 'party'.
So agree TWP reporter is wrong....nothing further your honor. ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:22 am

If allegiance is only to party, then democrats should win everything every single time. Why does that not happen? I love the fact that the media is supporting and growing the r’s base...merely by just opening their mouths.

Did you even read the article? The reporter didn't say anything about "allegiance only to party". He was talking about the R's abandonment of traditional Republican and conservative values when aligning themselves with Trump. If an R doesn't support Trump, the rabid Trump supporters try to primary them, brand them as "Deep State" or other such nonsense.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

holmes435 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:12 am

Did you even read the article? The reporter didn't say anything about "allegiance only to party". He was talking about the R's abandonment of traditional Republican and conservative values when aligning themselves with Trump. If an R doesn't support Trump, the rabid Trump supporters try to primary them, brand them as "Deep State" or other such nonsense.
Can you give just ONE example of where "rabid" tRump supporters primaried an R that did NOT support him ?

You pretends can't even support the person running against the number one problem in the US Senate, Mitch "what you bringing for Thanksgiving, Mark (zuckerburger) " Mcconnell and his slow boat to China owning wife and sis in law.

You give money to Lt. Col. McGrath yet ? Didn't think so.
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Can you give just ONE example of where "rabid" tRump supporters primaried an R that did NOT support him ?
I believe Congressman Mark Sanford (R-SC) was primaried in 2018 and he certainly did not support Trump. He lost the 2018 primary and the GOP nominee who defeated him in that primary lost the election to a Democrat in SC-1.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:26 am
holmes435 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:12 am

You pretends can't even support the person running against the number one problem in the US Senate, Mitch "what you bringing for Thanksgiving, Mark (zuckerburger) " Mcconnell and his slow boat to China owning wife and sis in law.

You give money to Lt. Col. McGrath yet ? Didn't think so.
Yup, Mark Sanford. Also Robert Pittenger and a number of others. You've also got a lot of non-supporters who decided not to run in 2018 like Flake and Corker.

Where does supporting McGrath enter into this conversation at all? Stay on topic (although I do support her 100% - have you donated to her?)
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

I'm learning that Congress Pittenger beat fellow republican Harris, in 2016, by less than 200 votes. In 2018, where you claimed Pittenger was "primaried", he LOST to Harris.

You might have to go with "others" in more detail. Sanford fits the "ditch the Donald" mantra, but his "affairs" aren't in order.

And the Kentucky Senate race is VERY much on topic. Unless you think the direction of the GOP, past , present and future, has NOTHING to do with the leader of the US Senate and all the controlling trimmings that goes along with being the majority leader. Ending Mitch McConnell, the leader of the pretend CONS, career is off topic for a GOP future direction thread.

umm....ok. It's friggin bizzaro world
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

You asked for ONE. Guess that wasn't enough.

We were talking about an article how the GOP has attached itself to Trump, and in the middle of discussing it you switch completely to "You pretends can't even support the person running against the number one problem in the US Senate, Mitch"

So in the middle of discussing the GOP, present, past and future you ask why we aren't supporting a Democrat, McGrath?

It's certainly your bizzaro world. We're just living in it.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

r's are dumber than a box of rocks!

"I'm curious why wasn't it done a long time ago? And also, I guess the answer to that is because now I'm president, we get things done."

President Trump signs the Woman's Suffrage Centennial Coin Act.
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1199181946166874112

The president wonders why the 100th anniversary of something wasn’t celebrated “a long time ago.” You can’t parody this stuff!
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
CU88

Post by CU88 »

The Texas GOP mistakenly sent their 2020 plans to Democrats last night in embarrassing detail, including a target list of districts they're focusing negative ads on and warning of Trump's unpopularity with moderates.

https://www.newsweek.com/texas-republic ... ssion=true
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

CU88 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:24 pm r's are dumber than a box of rocks!

"I'm curious why wasn't it done a long time ago? And also, I guess the answer to that is because now I'm president, we get things done."

President Trump signs the Woman's Suffrage Centennial Coin Act.
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1199181946166874112

The president wonders why the 100th anniversary of something wasn’t celebrated “a long time ago.” You can’t parody this stuff!
Wow. Truly remarkable idiocy.

Come on, Trump apologists, you gotta have something here..the Ukrainians did it?
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

What can we make of this:

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... an-lincoln

"A majority of Republicans say President Trump is a better leader than former President Abraham Lincoln, according to this week’s Economist/YouGov weekly tracking poll.

Fifty-three percent of Republicans said Trump was a better president when compared to Lincoln, while 47 percent chose the Civil War-era leader."

So, serious question: what should one conclude about contemporary Republicans from this comparison and poll?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

It says polls are poo. If you do not look for negativity all the time, you might not be so negative. :D

Try Page 453 or question 116: How Happy are you with your job
Try Page 453 or question 25 : How Many Government Officials Are Crooked
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Sure, that's what it says. :roll:

Thank goodness 47% of R's remain sane.
But 53% have fully lost it.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Would like to know what those historians who make up that 53% based that on.
They'd probably pick Trump over Abe in a wrestling match too (there's no handicap
for bone spurs in wrestling, right?).
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:26 pm Good ‘Ol Gym Jordan

https://www.wusa9.com/mobile/article/op ... 64738a4784
Funny how you dredge up the same sleazy story every time Jordan's about to participate in a high profile hearing.

How's life in tOSU shower drain ? Do you wear your waders ?
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:55 pm

Funny how you dredge up the same sleazy story every time Jordan's about to participate in a high profile hearing.

I ran across it. Jordan is a fraud. You ever see his district map? You know what it makes great pains to avoid?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

The article was November 30, 2019...but yeah, the 'story' keeps getting worse for Jordan as more wrestlers come forward...Jordan is a liar and this was a whopper.

That's who is the #1 rabid defender for Trump. Yup, he's about to "participate in a high profile hearing'...pity that he's such a scum sucker that this "sleazy story ' gets "dredge(d)' up again.
Typical Lax Dad

“Mark Coleman, Jordan’s roommate on several wrestling trips and a former UFC champion, told the Wall Street Journal, "There’s no way, unless he’s got dementia or something, that he’s got no recollection of what was going on at Ohio State."

NBC News reported earlier this month that a professional referee claimed that Strauss masturbated in front of him in a shower after a wrestling match at Ohio State University, and that he reported the encounter directly to Jordan.

"Yeah, that’s Strauss," Jordan and then-head coach Russ Hellickson replied, according to the lawsuit.

NBC News continued, "The lawsuit, filed in federal court in Ohio, implies that Jordan's response to the incident, which the referee said happened in 1994, was essentially a shrug."

The attempted cover-up is almost more unseemly.”

Gym Jordan is quite the guy. A hayseed.... keep up your full throated defense Old Salt
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:21 pm

The article was November 30, 2019...but yeah, the 'story' keeps getting worse for Jordan as more wrestlers come forward...Jordan is a liar and this was a whopper.

That's who is the #1 rabid defender for Trump. Yup, he's about to "participate in a high profile hearing'...pity that he's such a scum sucker that this "sleazy story ' gets "dredge(d)' up again.
Oh yeah. This scum sucking story is right down your alley.

Return to “POLITICS”