Hopper1

Re: Johns Hopkins 2020

Post by Hopper1 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdHvXZ5EEdY&t=11s

Outside perspective on DP's job security
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

Hopper1 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:23 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdHvXZ5EEdY&t=11s

Viral marketing can’t put lipstick on a stuck pig.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Hey, Hopkins Volleyball won the D3 National Championship yesterday, completing a perfect 35-0 season. Wow!

Congrats, Ladies! Way to Represent!!!
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

Congrats to the women. I think that's 2 hop teams that have won titles since the mens team and who knows how many more who've appeared in title games.

The video the poster added was fantastic but that stuff should be coming from the athletic department. They put more effort into the turkey bowl coverage than they have anything since last season. Kind of effort a d3 program puts out.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:22 pm Hey, Hopkins Volleyball won the D3 National Championship yesterday, completing a perfect 35-0 season. Wow!

Congrats, Ladies! Way to Represent!!!
Congratulations to the Lady Blue Jays! What an amazing accomplishment!

DocBarrister 8-) :)
@DocBarrister
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Odd. Hopkins is a D3 institution with a D3 athletic budget with some accommodation for 2 D1 teams and is staffed accordingly. I have not paid attention to it in years but UMBC a little more than a decade ago had a staff of more than 80 athletic department employees. A multiple of JHU SID has to deal with all sports including the ones that are active in the fall. O UMBC does not have a FB team or it would have more staff yet
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

OCanada wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:57 pm Odd. Hopkins is a D3 institution with a D3 athletic budget with some accommodation for 2 D1 teams and is staffed accordingly. I have not paid attention to it in years but UMBC a little more than a decade ago had a staff of more than 80 athletic department employees. A multiple of JHU SID has to deal with all sports including the ones that are active in the fall. O UMBC does not have a FB team or it would have more staff yet
Do you work for the athletic department?
Do they pay you to police this board?
Are you married to the AD?
Are you the Hopkins Blue Jay?
Jesus.
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

Hopper1 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:23 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdHvXZ5EEdY&t=11s

Who is this clown in the video?
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Sagittarius A* wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:58 pm

Could be the poster trying to sell these things.

And... let me mention the concept of A2AD.

You might have your pretty little drone now, but we will wipe it out.
SocHop72

Post by SocHop72 »

Congratulations to the Undefeated Ladies V-Ball Team. Perfect does not come often or easily (2005 Lax). About ten days ago, on this thread,I saw that the Jays open at home with Towson on Feb. 2, 2020. In the interim, I renewed my seats for the season. The Towson schedule announcement has the game on Feb. 8. Anybody know which date is correct?
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

SocHop72 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:25 am Congratulations to the Undefeated Ladies V-Ball Team. Perfect does not come often or easily (2005 Lax). About ten days ago, on this thread,I saw that the Jays open at home with Towson on Feb. 2, 2020. In the interim, I renewed my seats for the season. The Towson schedule announcement has the game on Feb. 8. Anybody know which date is correct?
I’m assuming the one Towson released is correct. Feb. 2 never made much sense.

Our schedule should be released any day now...
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Sagatarius. What the heck. But since you asked. You expect to come on here and post your crap and go unchallenged? Gee Bluto.... Grow up and get a pair. Whiney.

Have I worked with the AD at times over the years? Yep. Have I know every AD back to Scottie? Yep. Have I known every head coach? Yep? Have I known many players and their parents? Yep. Have I known more than a few HCs players and families and ADs from other institution? Yep. Was I knew of the first members of Hopkins Hundreds? Yep. Do I think the lax environment has changed yep?

Did I graduate from Hopkins yep. Have I served on a couple Boards? Yep. Did I have a kid who couldn’t get playing time? Nope. Do I intensely dislike internet trolls exorcising their demons at someone else’s expense? Yep. Do I believe facts matter? Yep. You have that entitlement aura about you. Did you learn any critical thinking skills as a student? Were you in fact a student?
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

OCanada wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:58 am Sagatarius. What the heck. But since you asked. You expect to come on here and post your dump and go unchallenged? Gee Bluto.... Grow up and get a pair. Whiney.

Have I worked with the AD at times over the years? Yep. Have I know every AD back to Scottie? Yep. Have I known every head coach? Yep? Have I known many players and their parents? Yep. Have I known more than a few HCs players and families and ADs from other institution? Yep. Was I knew of the first members of Hopkins Hundreds? Yep. Do I think the lax environment has changed yep?

Did I graduate from Hopkins yep. Have I served on a couple Boards? Yep. Did I have a kid who couldn’t get playing time? Nope. Do I intensely dislike internet trolls exorcising their demons at someone else’s expense? Yep. Do I believe facts matter? Yep. You have that entitlement aura about you. Did you learn any critical thinking skills as a student? Were you in fact a student?
My but we’re getting testy. You’re the only one on here defending the current athletic department. Thanks for revealing your colors and your intimate relationship with them. We have every right to criticize these people as much as you have to defend them. Especially when they are constantly asking us for money.
Hopper1

Post by Hopper1 »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:34 am
Sagittarius A* wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:58 pm

Could be the poster trying to sell these things.

And... let me mention the concept of A2AD.

You might have your pretty little drone now, but we will wipe it out.
I don't know that guy, he just does podcasts/vids on misc lacrosse topics. Some are good and well informed, some aren't.
DougELax

Post by DougELax »

The Bluejays women's cross country team won another National Championship on Saturday. The men's team finished a program best 5th place.
HowieT3

Post by HowieT3 »

Sagittarius A* wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:11 am
OCanada wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:57 am InM not sure why anyone would assume the coach has been left “blowing in the wind”.

I suppose it is possible that his future is up on the air but the more likely reason is the new AD is still settling in, one of her first objectives was to interview all the coaches which should have been completed about now. Then she has to develop her plan, budget etc. in my opinion the more likely scenario is the new AD

Why anyone would expect after all the trash talk here either of the twins would come here surprises me.

You’re blowing smoke. The new AD was promoted from within. She’s had plenty of opportunity to interact with the coaches. The lack of an announced contract extension is significant especially given the potential impact on recruiting.

I’m sure the UVA fans could give us more insight but I don’t think there was a mass exodus of recruits out the door when Starsia was let go. In fact they picked up Schellenberger in the process which helped them and hurt us. The coaching change at UVA helped them immensely.
The coaching change at Maryland helped them.

Sometimes an asteroid hits your program and you have to move on from the dinosaurs.
I don't know if anyone answered your question directly or not, but the coaching change did not cause a mass exodus of recruits because Lars contacted them all and worked to reassure them that he wanted them to come to UVa. They were all top-tier recruits and fit in well with what he wanted to accomplish with his system.
52 70 72 99
03 06 11 19 21
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

DougELax wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:28 pm The Bluejays women's cross country team won another National Championship on Saturday. The men's team finished a program best 5th place.
:shock: :o

Good heavens, a second national championship for Johns Hopkins this month? :shock:

Congratulations to the women’s cross country team! :)

Does Johns Hopkins have the best Division III athletic program in the nation?!? (I know, an easy set up for a lacrosse joke ;) , but my question is serious.)

DocBarrister :shock: :o
@DocBarrister
DALaxDad

Post by DALaxDad »

Doc,
See this link to the Learfield Cup:
https://nacda.com/news/2019/6/12/direct ... rectorscup

Williams was # 1 in 2018-19, but JHU finished 2nd.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

DocBarrister wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:45 pm
DougELax wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:28 pm The Bluejays women's cross country team won another National Championship on Saturday. The men's team finished a program best 5th place.
:shock: :o

Good heavens, a second national championship for Johns Hopkins this month? :shock:

Congratulations to the women’s cross country team! :)

Does Johns Hopkins have the best Division III athletic program in the nation?!? (I know, an easy set up for a lacrosse joke ;) , but my question is serious.)

DocBarrister :shock: :o
It is certainly up there.

Crazy how all these teams keep winning despite Daniels completely ruining the athletic department. :roll:

Where is the schedule?
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

DALaxDad wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:49 pm Doc,
See this link to the Learfield Cup:
https://nacda.com/news/2019/6/12/direct ... rectorscup

Williams was # 1 in 2018-19, but JHU finished 2nd.
Thanks!

DocBarrister :)
@DocBarrister

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”