Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: Orange Duce

Post by jhu72 »

I think it is a safe bet the Navy brass know a hell of a lot more about it than Orange Duce.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:21 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:09 pm
Trinity wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:11 pm NYT: "The secretary of the Navy and the admiral who leads the SEALs have threatened to resign or be fired if plans to expel a commando from the elite unit in a war crimes case are halted by President Trump"
Exactly. No problem there.

Salty, I'm simply figuring that these folks know more than I do about the specifics.
Pretty good bet they know more than you, too.

But I'm the one with "TDS". :roll:
I've said I don't know enough of the facts to have an opinion.
...apparently that's not a hindrance for you whenever Trump is involved.
Lack of facts never got in your way about formulating an opinion on the Mueller investigation.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:40 pm
Trinity wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:11 pm NYT: "The secretary of the Navy and the admiral who leads the SEALs have threatened to resign or be fired if plans to expel a commando from the elite unit in a war crimes case are halted by President Trump"

Salty, I'm simply figuring that these folks know more than I do about the specifics.

Lack of facts never got in your way about formulating an opinion on the Mueller investigation.
.:lol:. ...based on the facts reported & leaked, it turned out to be a dud, as I opined that it would.
Don't be such a sore loser. It's a bad look.

Another NYT bombshell turns out to be a dud,
https://twitter.com/secnav76/status/1198387376889970689
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html

Navy chief says he would follow Trump’s instructions on Navy SEAL

Navy Secretary Richard V. Spencer said Saturday that he would comply with any order by President Trump regarding the case of a Navy SEAL whose continuance in the elite unit is being reviewed by the service after a controversial murder charge.

“I work at the pleasure of the president,” Spencer said, denying reports that he has threatened to resign. “I do not interpret what the president does. I do what he says.”
“I need a formal order,” he said. But “if the president requests a stop in the process, the process stops. Good order and discipline is also obeying the orders of the president.”

The Navy secretary spoke in response to a New York Times report earlier Sunday that Spencer and Green had both threatened to resign or be fired if Trump ordered an end to the review process. A subsequent NBC News story said that military leaders hoping to keep Spencer from quitting had lobbied Trump not to issue an order.

Spencer did not speak directly to the NBC account, but he said “I haven’t spoken to anyone” about any thoughts of resigning. Asked if Green had threatened to resign, he said, “No, not at all . . . . He has not.”

Rear Adm. Charles Brown, the Navy’s top spokesman, said they were aware of Trump’s tweet and awaiting further guidance.
“The Navy follows the lawful orders of the President,” he said in a statement. “We will do so in case of an order to stop the administrative review of . . . Gallagher’s professional qualification.”

The status of Gallagher and the other SEALs — Lt. Cmdr. Robert Breisch, Lt. Jacob Portier and Lt. Thomas MacNeil — is being reviewed in a process that military officials say will take a number of days to complete. Among the details the Navy has been trying to discern is whether Trump wanted the service to drop its deliberations against all four men or just Gallagher.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Nope, not when the generals and admirals are clear that he's wrong.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:44 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:40 pm

.:lol:. ...based on the facts reported & leaked, it turned out to be a dud, as I opined that it would.
Don't be such a sore loser. It's a bad look.

Another NYT bombshell turns out to be a dud,
https://twitter.com/secnav76/status/1198387376889970689
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html

Navy chief says he would follow Trump’s instructions on Navy SEAL

Navy Secretary Richard V. Spencer said Saturday that he would comply with any order by President Trump regarding the case of a Navy SEAL whose continuance in the elite unit is being reviewed by the service after a controversial murder charge.

“I work at the pleasure of the president,” Spencer said, denying reports that he has threatened to resign. “I do not interpret what the president does. I do what he says.”
“I need a formal order,” he said. But “if the president requests a stop in the process, the process stops. Good order and discipline is also obeying the orders of the president.”

The Navy secretary spoke in response to a New York Times report earlier Sunday that Spencer and Green had both threatened to resign or be fired if Trump ordered an end to the review process. A subsequent NBC News story said that military leaders hoping to keep Spencer from quitting had lobbied Trump not to issue an order.

Spencer did not speak directly to the NBC account, but he said “I haven’t spoken to anyone” about any thoughts of resigning. Asked if Green had threatened to resign, he said, “No, not at all . . . . He has not.”

Rear Adm. Charles Brown, the Navy’s top spokesman, said they were aware of Trump’s tweet and awaiting further guidance.
“The Navy follows the lawful orders of the President,” he said in a statement. “We will do so in case of an order to stop the administrative review of . . . Gallagher’s professional qualification.”

The status of Gallagher and the other SEALs — Lt. Cmdr. Robert Breisch, Lt. Jacob Portier and Lt. Thomas MacNeil — is being reviewed in a process that military officials say will take a number of days to complete. Among the details the Navy has been trying to discern is whether Trump wanted the service to drop its deliberations against all four men or just Gallagher.
Only the best and brightest... good night
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:04 pm

Especially the ones you see on MSNBC, ...who can't even get the Navy SEAL Admiral's name right.
old salt

Post by old salt »

old salt wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:49 pm

Especially the ones you see on MSNBC, ...who can't even get the Navy SEAL Admiral's name right.
Here's the best down & dirty I could find on the Gallagher case :
https://taskandpurpose.com/trump-restor ... agher-rank
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48536760
https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-nav ... y-affairs/
https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-nav ... gallagher/

IMHO -- Big Navy screwed the pooch on this one.
NCIS & Navy JAG got ahead of the evidence & the chain of command couldn't walk back the process once it started.
They tried to send Gallagher away for life. His peers blew up the case & voted to acquit him on everything except posing with a corpse, alongside his accusers. He'd already served 6 mos in pre-trial confinement, during which he was denied medical treatment for TBI, & was busted to E-1 (he'd been selected for promotion to E-8). It was gross overkill for a remaining offense that normally would have been handled as Non Judicial Punishment within a unit.

Gallagher had the support of high profile members of the SEAL community like Congressman Dan Crenshaw.
Trump restored Gallagher to the rank of E-7 -- that matters because Gallagher is being processed for voluntary retirement, & absent a more serious conviction, he's more than earned his retired pay & benefits. Trying to remove his Trident, at this point, just before he retires, comes across as petty & vindictive.

Gallagher might be a bad actor. One guy in his platoon certainly thought so, but the others didn't come forward to convict him & one (with immunity) admitted at trial to killing the prisoner Gallagher allegedly murdered. This might have been quietly resolved, to the satisfaction of all parties, had Chief Gallagher's Commanding Officer urged his Command Master Chief to give Gallagher a heads up on the accusations fomenting against him, urge him to submit his retirement papers & accept a TAD assignment until his earliest possible terminal leave date. No silver star, no promotion to E-8, no instructor duty, out at 20 years. Where do you want your retirement ceremony ? Let's have a helluva retirement party. Good luck in your lucrative second career as a private security contractor.

The SEAL community might have problems that need addressing, but taking away Gallagher's Trident, after all that he's already endured, won'f fix them. Whether he's guilty or not, he's already been severely punished.

You asked for my opinion. After a little research to refresh my memory, there you have it.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Thanks for the response.

Similarly looking at the public reporting, looks like the murder charge was an overshot, as the change in story by the medic radically changed. Whether the medic was telling the truth or not, less clear, but murder couldn't be proven without a doubt. Stabbing a prisoner though, and posing with the body?

Yes, "bad actor".
Really not a difficult question.

As to the the generals and admirals, far as I can tell, we're talking about pretty much everyone in top command disagreeing with Trump.
So, again, really not a difficult question re Trump's involvement.

Seems to me only a Trumpist or Trump apologist would see it otherwise.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

old salt wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:49 pm

+1 There is a big difference between discipline and getting revenge. Especially in the US military the high up muckedy mucks do not like having their ox gored. Even if they know they are wrong. Why did the US Army execute Eddie Slovik during WW2? To send a message of course to all those other dog faces that might have considered deserting. The military is real good when it comes to sending out a message.

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-his ... pvt-slovik
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:06 am Thanks for the response.

Similarly looking at the public reporting, looks like the murder charge was an overshot, as the change in story by the medic radically changed. Whether the medic was telling the truth or not, less clear, but murder couldn't be proven without a doubt. Stabbing a prisoner though, and posing with the body?

Yes, "bad actor".

As to the the generals and admirals, far as I can tell, we're talking about pretty much everyone in top command disagreeing with Trump.

The generals and admirals are just playing politics. Trump is speaking for the grunts.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:33 am

Yes, "bad actor".

The generals and admirals are just playing politics. Trump is speaking for the grunts.
How do you think generals and admirals and all other high ranking officers get promoted? It called "cheese eating" or "brown nosing" or even "boot licking" If you want to move up in rank you better play the game.
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:36 am

Yes, "bad actor".

How do you think generals and admirals and all other high ranking officers get promoted? It called "cheese eating" or "brown nosing" or even "boot licking" If you want to move up in rank you better play the game.
Then once they get promoted, they forget where they came from. Watch the Bills today and have a great Sunday. Trump speaks the truth.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Yes, "bad actor".

ahhh, of course.
That's a pretty clear summary of how you feel about all "successful" people (business, military, professions, academia, politics, etc), right, cradle?
It's more ethical to not "play the game" and remain a "grunt"?

Except for those who inherit a few hundred million from daddy, commit fraud, cheat on every relationship, lie incessantly...now that's someone to admire!

BTW, no one is suggesting anything wrong with being a 'grunt'.
Most of us have been at some point in our lives.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:45 am Except for those who inherit a few hundred million from daddy, commit fraud, cheat on every relationship, lie incessantly...now that's someone to admire!
Are you talking about Hunter Biden? ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

:twisted: wicked minded duce :twisted:
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:06 am As to the the generals and admirals, far as I can tell, we're talking about pretty much everyone in top command disagreeing with Trump.

So now you have polling data from the hundreds of Flag officers currently serving ?
...or just the retired ones you see on MSNBC, who can't get the SEAL Admiral's name right or tell us that Chief Gallagher is retiring with just 14 years of service ?

CNO restored Gallagher from E-1 to E-6 during his review (Trump restored it to E-7)

CNO dismissed charges against Gallagher's platoon commander, the medic who claimed the mercy killing, & came down hard on Navy JAG.
https://www.dailyrepublic.com/all-dr-ne ... imes-case/
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:38 am

Yes, "bad actor".

Then once they get promoted, they forget where they came from. Watch the Bills today and have a great Sunday. Trump speaks the truth.
I am taking your marching orders. The Bill's are on my TV right now. Carry on young man... Go bills.
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

Both Emerson and Rasmussen are reporting Black American support for President Trump is at 34%

This isn’t gonna be good for Democrats in 2020. Uh oh. Black America is waking up And rising up against the Democrat plantation.
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
Typical Lax Dad

Bandito wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:40 pm Both Emerson and Rasmussen are reporting Black American support for President Trump is at 34%

This isn’t gonna be good for Democrats in 2020. Uh oh. Black America is waking up And rising up against the Democrat plantation.
https://news.gallup.com/opinion/polling ... trump.aspx
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:15 pm
Bandito wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:40 pm Both Emerson and Rasmussen are reporting Black American support for President Trump is at 34%

https://news.gallup.com/opinion/polling ... trump.aspx
Rasmussen nailed them 2016 election result. Gallup didn’t. You still following fake news and polls? Not a good look for you.
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy

Return to “POLITICS”