NFL

General Chatter
wlaxnut

Re: NFL

Post by wlaxnut »

njbill wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:42 pm My concern is that the Pats are now going to take it out on my Eagles in two weeks. And we don’t have Nick anymore.
I’m not sure the Pats have enough ammunition to take anything out on the Eagles.

By the way, I absolutely loved that Super Bowl win by the Eagles. That made my whole year. I bought a Philadelphia Eagles hat before the game just in case they won so I could wear it into work first thing the next morning. That was a lot of fun. Then I ordered a couple of different Super Bowl champion Philadelphia Eagles T-shirts that I wore, much to the chagrin of all the Patriots fans at my workplace. It was great. But I digress.

The Eagles will also have two weeks to prepare for the Patriots and the good thing about the Eagles is, they’re not afraid of the Patriots. They certainly proved that in the Super Bowl that year. I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see the Eagles win that game. We shall see.
njbill

Post by njbill »

I hope you are right.

"Made your year." Made my life. :lol:
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

wlaxnut wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:07 am Glad I was wrong. Always nice to see Patriots eat a big dose of humble pie. We won’t have to listen to how great their defense is for a while. They’ll have two long weeks to think about it. But it’s just one regular season game. They lost five of them last year and still won the Super Bowl. We shall see.
FYI,

Patriots don’t have a great track record the second go-round against teams who have already beaten them.

Belichick is 3-6 in the playoffs against teams who beat him in the regular season.

Ravens made the Patriots look like the old, slow, unathletic (but experienced and well coached) defense they are.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:10 am Patriots don’t have a great track record the second go-round against teams who have already beaten them.

Belichick is 3-6 in the playoffs against teams who beat him in the regular season.

Ravens made the Patriots look like the old, slow, unathletic (but experienced and well coached) defense they are.
Wow—interesting stat and observations. My hope for a Super Bowl-less Patriots season just got a little brighter.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:10 am Patriots don’t have a great track record the second go-round against teams who have already beaten them.

What’s even more intriguing is that he’s 0-5 in the last 5 that fit this description. Why do you think that is?
wlaxnut

Here come the Raiders

Post by wlaxnut »

The Raiders are now only a half game behind the Chiefs. Their schedule the rest of the way is a lot easier than the Chiefs schedule the rest of the way. They could very well win the division. Shaping up to be pretty interesting for the postseason.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

And dont forget the Steelers. Just outside the wild card hunt, despite a forgettable September, major injuries etc.
If Tomlin gets them in the playoffs, he deserves at leaset a little consideration for COY too. And l'm not a huge steelers fan!
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:52 pm And dont forget the Steelers. Just outside the wild card hunt, despite a forgettable September, major injuries etc.
If Tomlin gets them in the playoffs, he deserves at leaset a little consideration for COY too. And l'm not a huge steelers fan!
If the playoffs started today—the Steelers own the 6 seed.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Footbrawl!

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:00 am Footbrawl!

I wouldn't be surprised if the WWE doesn't incorporate football helmets into the act at the next big PPV event.
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Nigel wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:57 am
Brooklyn wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:00 am Footbrawl!

I wouldn't be surprised if the WWE doesn't incorporate football helmets into the act at the next big PPV event.
Swinging the helmet has cost that player at _least_ the remainder of this season...
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Nigel wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:57 am

Vince McMahon tried that and failed with his pathetic XFL:

In all my years of watching sports, I have never seen anything quite as laughable as that.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Dallas Cowboys practice this week.

Anyone surprised?
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

Nigel wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:22 pm Dallas Cowboys practice this week.

Anyone surprised?
These kinds of sarcastic digs at the Patriots organization are predictable and warranted. This is what happens when your organization gets caught cheating twice (that we know of). Though they are indeed the greatest dynasty the NFL has ever seen, their legacy is besmirched by their cheating, and justly so.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA240T3 ... ure=onebox

Giants lose again. Eli did not lose it - the puny defense did once again.

kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

wlaxnut wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:14 am
Nigel wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:22 pm Dallas Cowboys practice this week.

Anyone surprised?
These kinds of sarcastic digs at the Patriots organization are predictable and warranted. This is what happens when your organization gets caught cheating twice (that we know of). Though they are indeed the greatest dynasty the NFL has ever seen, their legacy is besmirched by their cheating, and justly so.
The most asterisks in NFL history.
Bill doesn't have a star at the top of his Christmas tree, it's an asterisk.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I just found out this morning that the Bills vs the Patriots will only be shown on the NFL network. It will be shown in Buffalo but here in Rochester we are only a " secondary market" not worthy of watching the team so many of us have supported all year. I can't even go out to the local sports bar. My grandkids are coming over Saturday to celebrate Christmas. I would not be watching the game as rabidly as normal. It sure would have been nice to have it on in the background.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:16 pm I just found out this morning that the Bills vs the Patriots will only be shown on the NFL network. It will be shown in Buffalo but here in Rochester we are only a " secondary market" not worthy of watching the team so many of us have supported all year. I can't even go out to the local sports bar. My grandkids are coming over Saturday to celebrate Christmas. I would not be watching the game as rabidly as normal. It sure would have been nice to have it on in the background.
Luckily--we have it on a local network here in metro Boston. The other two games I won't be able to watch because my provider doesn't offer the NFL Network. I feel your pain. I'll be rooting for the Bills. Maybe the radio would be a decent 2nd option?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

wlaxnut wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:12 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:16 pm I just found out this morning that the Bills vs the Patriots will only be shown on the NFL network. It will be shown in Buffalo but here in Rochester we are only a " secondary market" not worthy of watching the team so many of us have supported all year. I can't even go out to the local sports bar. My grandkids are coming over Saturday to celebrate Christmas. I would not be watching the game as rabidly as normal. It sure would have been nice to have it on in the background.
Luckily--we have it on a local network here in metro Boston. The other two games I won't be able to watch because my provider doesn't offer the NFL Network. I feel your pain. I'll be rooting for the Bills. Maybe the radio would be a decent 2nd option?
Well, since my grandkids will be here I can live with the game on the radio in the back ground. It is just frustrating that the NFL would be so short sighted. The football fans they are trying to keep in the fold they are only making angry. The NFL has only tinkled off all of upstate NY. No wonder the commish gets booed at the NFL draft every year.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”