Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: IMPEACHMENT ... Bribery, Extortion and Abuse of Power

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:49 pm I found interesting the facts/figures Holmes shared about US vs EU/EU nations support for Ukraine since the invasion and taking of Crimea and continuing hot war.

$3B from US
$12B from EU/EU nations.

4X
Sort of puts to lie the Trump argument about worrying about the comparative EU contributions, unless Trump and company are just f***ing idiots who can't do arithmetic.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

ggait wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:50 pm
Yup, saw that. I am curious why he feels the WB is relevant at all at this point. Seems like he has fallen in line. Also curious why Mulvaney was not on his list. He is much more relevant than the WB.
Hurd is goose stepping along with the rest. He's an African American from a swing district and is retiring from Congress. If he's not listening to the facts, hard to see any Banana Republican doing so.
Agreed with the conclusion. I had not heard he is retiring, must have missed that. Makes his behavior even stranger. Trump must have something on him. If you have not read the Esquire article Kismet exposed today regarding Nunes family farm, you should. It is a month old, but I don't understand why this has not seen more play.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:53 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:49 pm I found interesting the facts/figures Holmes shared about US vs EU/EU nations support for Ukraine since the invasion and taking of Crimea and continuing hot war.

$3B from US
$12B from EU/EU nations.

4X
Sort of puts to lie the Trump argument about worrying about the comparative EU contributions, unless Trump and company are just f***ing idiots who can't do arithmetic.
Yes, it does...quite firmly.

However, the Trumpkins on the panel actually took the timing of Holmes' review as a new explanation of why the funding was ultimately released (miraculously once 'caught')...the argument goes, 'gosh, we just realized the Europeans actually do contribute" so, let's go ahead and release our piece.

Ridiculous on its face, but, hey we're in ridiculousville.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:58 pm
Yup, saw that. I am curious why he feels the WB is relevant at all at this point. Seems like he has fallen in line. Also curious why Mulvaney was not on his list. He is much more relevant than the WB.
Hurd is goose stepping along with the rest. He's an African American from a swing district and is retiring from Congress. If he's not listening to the facts, hard to see any Banana Republican doing so.
Agreed with the conclusion. I had not heard he is retiring, must have missed that. Makes his behavior even stranger. Trump must have something on him. If you have not read the Esquire article Kismet exposed today regarding Nunes family farm, you should. It is a month old, but I don't understand why this has not seen more play.
We will hear more about it, if true.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Schiff's close, though a bit long, was strong. Comparing Nixon's crime to Trump's was particularly poignant. Saddened me.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

The Esquire article is actually a year and a month old - October 2018. Nunes is actually now suing Ryan Lizza (who wrote the article) along with Esquire regarding it...
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

RedFromMI wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:23 pm
The Esquire article is actually a year and a month old - October 2018. Nunes is actually now suing Ryan Lizza (who wrote the article) along with Esquire regarding it...
I am amazed it didn't get more play. On what basis is Nunes suing Lizza? What is his claim?

------

Ok. I get it now. This would appear to be a BS lawsuit, similar to the one he lost against McClatchy.
https://www.washingtonian.com/2019/10/0 ... yan-lizza/
Looks like Nunes waited a year to file the suit.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:23 pm Schiff's close, though a bit long, was strong. Comparing Nixon's crime to Trump's was particularly poignant. Saddened me.
Say what you will (the Trumpnista), I think Schiff has done a masterful job keeping this from turning into the clown show Nunes / Trump and associates wanted it to be.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:03 pm
We will hear more about it, if true.
CNN just confirmed that Hurd is retiring.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:45 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:23 pm Schiff's close, though a bit long, was strong. Comparing Nixon's crime to Trump's was particularly poignant. Saddened me.
Say what you will (the Trumpnista), I think Schiff has done a masterful job keeping this from turning into the clown show Nunes / Trump and associates wanted it to be.
He has been very patient and consistent.
DMac

Post by DMac »

I didn't see all of Dr. Hill's input to today's impeachment hearing, but I saw enough to know I want that gal on my team. How anyone can question her intent, honesty, commitment to country, or sense of duty, could only possibly be because of the R. She hit it out of the ball park, rolled a 300, pitched a perfect game, and even better than all that, rippled the net in OT on NC day.
You've got to hire two people. You have four applicants.
Donald Trump (take your choice, Jr or Sr), Rudy Guiliano, Fiona Hill, and David Holmes (Marie Yovanovitch as an alternate).
Who ya hirin'?
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:45 pmSay what you will (the Trumpnista), I think Schiff has done a masterful job keeping this from turning into the clown show Nunes / Trump and associates wanted it to be.
It still strikes me as odd how the GOP across the board is treating this Ukraine Quid Quo Pro incident as a hoax, just politics, etc.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

DMac wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:17 pm I didn't see all of Dr. Hill's input to today's impeachment hearing, but I saw enough to know I want that gal on my team. How anyone can question her intent, honesty, commitment to country, or sense of duty, could only possibly be because of the R. She hit it out of the ball park, rolled a 300, pitched a perfect game, and even better than all that, rippled the net in OT on NC day.
You've got to hire two people. You have four applicants.
Donald Trump (take your choice, Jr or Sr), Rudy Guiliano, Fiona Hill, and David Holmes (Marie Yovanovitch as an alternate).
Who ya hirin'?
That is a lay up. Now ask a hard question. ;)
DMac

Post by DMac »

Okay.
You have one shcidt pie, two faces to throw it at.
Donald Trump (your choice, Jr or Sr) and Rudy Giuliani.
Who ya throwin' at?
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:31 pm
I am amazed it didn't get more play. On what basis is Nunes suing Lizza? What is his claim?

------

Ok. I get it now. This would appear to be a BS lawsuit, similar to the one he lost against McClatchy.
Fundraising fodder for election I guess, plus harassment (legal but sleazy) to the writer/magazine...
a fan

Post by a fan »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:21 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:45 pmSay what you will (the Trumpnista), I think Schiff has done a masterful job keeping this from turning into the clown show Nunes / Trump and associates wanted it to be.
It still strikes me as odd how the GOP across the board is treating this Ukraine Quid Quo Pro incident as a hoax, just politics, etc.
It's their base. FoxNation doesn't care about anything but party. Nothing else matters.

YA and other fake righties like Bandito would be on here screaming bloody murder if the letter by Trump's name was switched from a R to a D.

Adults. Full grown adults. And these people deserve every single bit of damage Trump has done that is headed their way.

My favoite thing about Laxpower and now this backup (thank you, again) is that it has a memory.

I get to sit back and laugh at these people as the consequences of this stupid little R game rolls out in the coming years.

Remember: Trump is charge of the air you breath, and the water you drink (EPA). If you're so stupid that you don't see that as a problem....
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:21 pm
Its all politics. All the republicans know it is not a hoax, with the exception of Nunes, Jordan and the true believers.

They Rs are playing a game of chicken I think in the House. They really don't want this going to the Senate which is where it will likely peel a few vulnerable republicans off. The Rs in the House think if they force a vote in the House, some democrats will be forced to choose between their job and doing what is right. The shoe is on the other foot in the Senate. For me its easy, do what's right and the rest will take care of itself. Voters understand this. Any House Ds that are in a position where their constituents don't understand this, are going to lose no matter what they do.

Trump is afraid of impeachment. Not because he doesn't believe he will be acquitted, because he knows it will stain his legacy (like he is not going to have a stained legacy in any case).
LandM

Post by LandM »

I need to obviously switch my googles or the channel about all I heard was second and third hand information. Followed by the Russians and Ukraine’s messing in our election. Little secret this all did not start nor magically happen in 2016. Interesting that Ukraine picked Hillary. Will there be an investigation? Followed by career diplomats who did not like their Apple cart being upset and amazing hearing capabilities here I just convinced my wife I cannot hear here :roll: So after 5 days how many diplomats and ambassadors does it take to have the Ukraine’s to mess in our election? Btw if they were doing their job it would have never happened. The fawning is over the top and I am pretty sure if in a different setting many others would have been fired.

As to Rudy did you ever consider that there are allot of fish in the ocean and like many people I know you delegate.

The hatred is sad.

Last point never in my 6 years active nor 25 year business career did I ever run into a Hopkins or Dartmouth grad. Where do you guys hide besides this board?😄
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Rumor is that MD wrote it for him... :D The master of way too long strikes again.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

RedFromMI wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:35 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:31 pm

------

Fundraising fodder for election I guess, plus harassment (legal but sleazy) to the writer/magazine...
It looks like they will initially have a fight over venue. If Lizza / Hearst can get it moved to a corporate state (with anti SLAP laws), Nunes will fold immediately I would think.

Return to “POLITICS”