Coaching Carousel

D1 Womens Lacrosse
8meterPA

Re: Coaching Carousel

Post by 8meterPA »

cltlax wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:02 am
Awkward timing - just a couple days after signing day...
Not just the timing, but "effective immediately" obviously leads to a lot of speculation. I think that the NLI's that were just signed are no longer binding if a kid wants to change their mind.
laxfan22

Post by laxfan22 »

Will be interesting to see if they will go with an interim until June or look to hire, there certainly is enough time, and i could see this being an appealing job for an assistant coach somewhere. Feel really bad for the 2021's who verbally committed in the last weeks/months in particular, hopefully the AD does them right and honors the commitment.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

8meterPA wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:24 am
Not just the timing, but "effective immediately" obviously leads to a lot of speculation.
My thoughts exactly
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Don’t worry: The embarrassing middle school rumor mill that is the “IWLCA convention” will ruin the reputation of all involved. The press release was short for a point. Leave it alone and don’t speculate.

Anecdote: we once had to find the IWLCA attorney during a coaches only meeting and ask that media members be removed from the room. Why were they in the room in the first place? Media member was literally live tweeting the event and the comments being made my coaches behind close doors with out asking for on the record/off the record clarification. The problem was the lax culture is so small town that no one realized you can’t have your former player turned media member sitting in private meetings. This level of professionalism (complete lack of!) is why I feel bad for Bucknell this week.
laxfan22

Post by laxfan22 »

I mean, i'm not sure that there is a profession that doesn't have rumors and innuendos. It's going to occur whether it's at IWLCA or the bar association meeting or anywhere else. The only people to feel sorry about are the girls in the program and who committed. That's about it. Bucknell is a great school and will more than fine going forward.
westcoastlax

Post by westcoastlax »

I am a Bucknell alumni who has two daughters that have played lacrosse. It has always been surprising to me how the women's program Bucknell has under performed compared to the men's program. It is a great school with good academics located in in Pennsylvania and draws the majority of its students from PA, NY, NY and some from MD. We should be able to build a better program. I am looking forward to seeing how a new coach can energize the program and look to see a new and improved Bucknell in that is more competitive in the future.

Colgate hit a home run with the hiring of Kathy Taylor. I have no doubt they will quickly challenge Loyola and Navy for top spot in Patriot league. Hopefully Bucknell can can attract an equally good candidate.
Downhill Dodger

Post by Downhill Dodger »

Hearing from the club circuit of a Patriot League head coach being placed on leave pending a university investigation
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Downhill Dodger wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:25 pm Hearing from the club circuit of a Patriot League head coach being placed on leave pending a university investigation
hmmm...will check my source
Downhill Dodger

Dr. Tact wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:25 am
Downhill Dodger wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:25 pm Hearing from the club circuit of a Patriot League head coach being placed on leave pending a university investigation
hmmm...will check my source
Supposedly club is p o ed that coach is holding a”clinic” today for high school players without telling them what is going on or proper disclosures
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

Ru-oh, not sure if this is true or not, but I only see 1 patriot league team holding a clinic/camp today.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Any further information/confirmation on the PL coach from above? Also, any news on Bucknell? Webpage still has "to be determined"
laxfan22

Post by laxfan22 »

Don't know anything about the story, but Navy had a clinic this past weekend.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

I am not sure what I should be more afraid of: another Patriot League coach getting canned OR the rumor starting on the Real Housewives of Potomac message board.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:35 am I am not sure what I should be more afraid of: another Patriot League coach getting canned OR the rumor starting on the Real Housewives of Potomac message board.
My thoughts exactly! Although I would put them in RH of Alexandria.

Great Falls, McLean would be other good choices... :D

As a NOVA Public GLAX family, we are entertained by the goings on at the local Blue bloods....
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

Dr. Tact wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:54 am
LaxPundit07 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:35 am I am not sure what I should be more afraid of: another Patriot League coach getting canned OR the rumor starting on the Real Housewives of Potomac message board.
My thoughts exactly! Although I would put them in RH of Alexandria.

Great Falls, McLean would be other good choices... :D

As a NOVA Public GLAX family, we are entertained by the goings on at the local Blue bloods....
:lol: :lol: I'm assuming they are the holiday invites that you don't want!
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

As a former Division 1 Head Coach, I can testify that these types of conversations aren’t just happening with the Real Housewives digitally. They were happening at tailgates, on the sidelines, etc.

I can also testify that I crossed kids off the list MANY TIMES when the rabid parent on the sidelines was identified. Helicopters/snow plows aren’t helping their kids. They are hurting them.

These parents need to go away. And, in all reality, what exactly are they looking to create for their kids? An opportunity for the multi million dollar pro deal? I despised Lavar Ball—but I understood his end game. These parents? The end game is status. Pathetic.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:49 am As a former Division 1 Head Coach, I can testify that these types of conversations aren’t just happening with the Real Housewives digitally. They were happening at tailgates, on the sidelines, etc.

I can also testify that I crossed kids off the list MANY TIMES when the rabid parent on the sidelines was identified. Helicopters/snow plows aren’t helping their kids. They are hurting them.

These parents need to go away. And, in all reality, what exactly are they looking to create for their kids? An opportunity for the multi million dollar pro deal? I despised Lavar Ball—but I understood his end game. These parents? The end game is status. Pathetic.
They also don’t realize the damage they are doing...

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/high ... dMore_Pos3
Downhill Dodger

I would be more afraid of the PL League coach getting canned, the question is how would a school conduct a search at this date?
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Downhill Dodger wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:09 pm
I would be more afraid of the PL League coach getting canned, the question is how would a school conduct a search at this date?
That would suck if 2 member universities were coach-less....

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”