The Nation's Financial Condition

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: The Nation's Financial Condition

Post by a fan »

A big reason Inflation is being suppressed because all the money is increasingly flowing to the 1%ers, who keep the cash out of American streets, so to speak. That money is moved into financial instruments and into overseas accounts.

So if billions and billions are being held instead of spent? It certainly helps explain why all the QE and borrowed money hasn't led to massive inflation.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

ardilla secreta wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:42 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:51 am Why is it that the same people who supported a stunningly failed political campaign in '16, are the same ones telling me for 3 years straight now that the stock market is massively overvalued?
A report shows 7 of 10 Americans are struggling financially. Do you care?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/70-america ... nancially/
So unemployment is low, the stock market is up, inflation is lower and steady, other economic indicators appear positive, but the economy stinks because of this poll?

Seems like more “wishful thinking” that the stock market will begin to weaken and the economy will start sucking in time for the election...
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:52 pm A big reason Inflation is being suppressed because all the money is increasingly flowing to the 1%ers, who keep the cash out of American streets, so to speak. That money is moved into financial instruments and into overseas accounts.

So if billions and billions are being held instead of spent? It certainly helps explain why all the QE and borrowed money hasn't led to massive inflation.
Would that not imply that wages, taxes, and the costs associated with housing, transportation, and necessities of life far outweigh that which keeps us all afloat? Or is the counter argument that we are spoiled, want to keep up with the Jones', and live beyond our means?

My comments are based on what you posted and that unemployment nationally is very good. Seems there is a case to be made or a definition needed to truely define what Happy and financially stable 'really' means.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:57 am So unemployment is low, the stock market is up, inflation is lower and steady, other economic indicators appear positive, but the economy stinks because of this poll?

Seems like more “wishful thinking” that the stock market will begin to weaken and the economy will start sucking in time for the election...
No. They're trying to tell you, in vain apparently, that the gap between rich and poor is widening, and not everyone is enjoying this economy.

The folks posting here are doing either great, or fine.

As for me, I've been trying to tell you that the reason things are like this is that we borrowed $3 Trillion, and pumped it through the economy. We have to pay that back. And we'll have this conversation again when the economy slows to a stop (it's already happening), and we can't borrow our way to prosperity anymore.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:02 am
a fan wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:52 pm A big reason Inflation is being suppressed because all the money is increasingly flowing to the 1%ers, who keep the cash out of American streets, so to speak. That money is moved into financial instruments and into overseas accounts.

Would that not imply that wages, taxes, and the costs associated with housing, transportation, and necessities of life far outweigh that which keeps us all afloat? Or is the counter argument that we are spoiled, want to keep up with the Jones', and live beyond our means?
Depends where you live. Cost of housing and health are far outpacing wages in the bulk of America. Education, too.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
ToastDunk

Post by ToastDunk »

Oooh, challenging the publisher of the NYT to a debate; how I hope the paper calls Mr. Smith's bluff.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

well if FedEx isnt paying taxes ($65B revenue), and claims he isnt due to, shouldnt the paper call him on it?
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

ToastDunk wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:05 am
Oooh, challenging the publisher of the NYT to a debate; how I hope the paper calls Mr. Smith's bluff.
Fake News? :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Another coal mine and a coal fired generator go out of business. Trump's promise doesn't last through his first term. Coal is going the way of the dodo bird and Orange Duce can't do a damn thing about it. Jawboning, threatening and lying aren't going to save it.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:10 pm Another coal mine and a coal fired generator go out of business. Trump's promise doesn't last through his first term. Coal is going the way of the dodo bird and Orange Duce can't do a damn thing about it. Jawboning, threatening and lying aren't going to save it.
coal is dead, and it became terminal in the early 2000's. There is no capital for coal fired generation. The only coal mines you are going to see are going to be for met coal.
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
a fan

Post by a fan »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:24 pm well if FedEx isnt paying taxes ($65B revenue), and claims he isnt due to, shouldnt the paper call him on it?
:lol: Apparently not.

His retort is hilarious. He sincerely thinks it's ok because they "put money back in the economy".

How dumb have we become as a nation that our CEO's think that this reasoning makes sense?

Newsflash: my company puts money back into the economy. Does this mean the company should pay no taxes?

And my employees? Guess what? They put money back into the economy. Clothes, food, homes, etc. So this means they shouldn't pay taxes.

Idiots. We're idiots.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

a fan wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:09 pm Idiots. We're idiots.
yes, yes we are.....
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:09 pm
ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:24 pm well if FedEx isnt paying taxes ($65B revenue), and claims he isnt due to, shouldnt the paper call him on it?

His retort is hilarious. He sincerely thinks it's ok because they "put money back in the economy".

How dumb have we become as a nation that our CEO's think that this reasoning makes sense?

Newsflash: my company puts money back into the economy. Does this mean the company should pay no taxes?

And my employees? Guess what? They put money back into the economy. Clothes, food, homes, etc. So this means they shouldn't pay taxes.

Idiots. We're idiots.
Have you brought this up with your US Senator? Your a very persuasive person. Who knows maybe they will let you into the secret club.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

:lol: Been invited, sadly. They want money and help fundraising, and that's gross.

Hard pass. We don't do politics as a business. Have no interest in vouching for someone, regardless of party.

We spend our time on helping dozens of charities instead. I sleep better. :lol:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:02 pm :lol: Been invited, sadly. Hard pass. We don't do politics as a business. Have no interest in vouching for someone, regardless of party.

We spend our time on helping dozens of charities instead. I sleep better. :lol:
No doubt. That is the person I always figured you to be.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

And then there are the kind of people out there who want more money in politics.

Most notably one senator who's name rhymes with a female dog who pushed the largest change in campaign funding in the country's history via Citizens United. So tired of this TAATS bullshirt.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Robert Samuelson in the WaPo:

Trump’s tax cut didn’t just disappoint. It flopped.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... story.html
ChairmanOfTheBoard

a fan wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:09 pm

yep, i agree!

some don't get that though.

(PS did some charity work yesterday)
a fan

Post by a fan »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:40 am Robert Samuelson in the WaPo:

Trump’s tax cut didn’t just disappoint. It flopped.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... story.html
Posters here made fun of me when I told them it wouldn't work BEFORE the bill was signed.

Oh well. I guess their kids will have to figure out how to make up the lost Trillions......

Return to “POLITICS”