Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: IMPEACHMENT ... Bribery, Extortion and Abuse of Power

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:02 am Yes. You were. Think the opposite of tOSU.
The Ukraine was first just a region, then a province of Imperial Russia, then a Soviet Republic.
Since the USSR blew up, you must drop the the & refer to the nation of Ukraine.
Since the USSR still existed in your formative years, you were subtly programmed to use the Ukraine in history classes.
If you were a still a Georgetown undergrad, Prof Masha would correct you if you used the Ukraine.
Huh. Neat. Thanks.

Wasn't even aware I adding "the".....
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:00 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:02 am Yes. You were. Think the opposite of tOSU.
The Ukraine was first just a region, then a province of Imperial Russia, then a Soviet Republic.
Since the USSR still existed in your formative years, you were subtly programmed to use the Ukraine in history classes.
If you were a still a Georgetown undergrad, Prof Masha would correct you if you used the Ukraine.
Huh. Neat. Thanks.

But it is still... "The" Ohio State University. I laugh when I see football headshots say "The" Indiana University or "The" Florida State University...... had some of your Peach Whiskey last night....
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

You mean The Peach Whiskey.
Typical Lax Dad

ardilla secreta wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:22 pm You mean The Peach Whiskey.
Yes. I bought 5 bottles of the NY Apple for friends along with the Navy Strength.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Appreciate the support......and hope you and your friends enjoyed them.

Back to discussing impeachment....
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:30 pm Appreciate the support......and hope you and your friends enjoyed them.

:lol:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:46 pm
seacoaster wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:30 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:41 pm
seacoaster wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:45 pm Assuming your question is serious: I think Schiff has been a little heavy-handed at times (from the times I've seen), but I think it is from an effort to not allow the thing to become a conspiracy-theory circus. But it is a far cry from stonewalling in a general sense (the GOP has its own counsel to prepare an examination and inquire with each of the witnesses, and then time for the members of Congress) and, specifically, compared to the manner in which the WH has asserted a blanket absolute immunity to the inquiry's document and witness production requests/demands. Schiff's management of the process really cannot compare to the blanket refusal of the WH, not even close.
Does the forehead have any pictures of the naked Trump?
Sorry, I answered assuming you had a real question, not your usual pretend "pox on both houses, while propping up the Right" silliness. My mistake, thinking we were having a real discussion.

The forehead? A five term Congressman and former federal prosecutor, Stanford, Harvard Law School. I'll bet he'd be really upset knowing the Grumpy Gardener has a nickname for him.
Was that the 5 term Congressman and former federal prosecutor, Stanford, Harvard Law that was pissing his pants while trying to find those pictures of the naked Trump? Your mistake was placing the forehead on a pedestal and bowing down before him as your salvation to impeach the naked Trump. :D Welcome to Realville Schiff is a member of the same group of dirtbags you detest so much. Would you like to see those pictures of the naked Trump? I love having the conversation. None of these players are above being criticized. Schiff included.
So you really have nothing to say or add but the same, silly, inaccurate palaver that you always provide. You never converse; you blather. Read again Garden Boy. I can criticize Schiff; he's hardly perfect. But he isn't "pissing his pants" looking for anything. He's pretty methodically tracking down facts, if Americans have the brains and comprehension to read and assimilate them.
ggait

Post by ggait »

The forehead sure felt uncomfortable when he heard what she had to say.
Elise's antics were all clear violations of the applicable House rules, which she well knows.

She's just spit balling for the TV cameras. I predict her 15 minutes will soon be up.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Dear Leader is tweeting again:

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... ate-should

“Tell Jennifer Williams, whoever that is, to read BOTH transcripts of the presidential calls, & see the just released ststement from Ukraine. Then she should meet with the other Never Trumpers, who I don’t know & mostly never even heard of, & work out a better presidential attack!”

So proud.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

seacoaster wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:29 pm Dear Leader is tweeting again:

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... ate-should

“Tell Jennifer Williams, whoever that is, to read BOTH transcripts of the presidential calls, & see the just released ststement from Ukraine. Then she should meet with the other Never Trumpers, who I don’t know & mostly never even heard of, & work out a better presidential attack!”

So proud.
Nah, he's not panicked, not at all...
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

a fan wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:30 pm Appreciate the support......and hope you and your friends enjoyed them.

When you make The Peach Whiskey, is the any impeachment going on?
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Huh. Neat. Thanks.

OH MAN. I've been calling it "THE United States" this whole time. Can't believe I screwed that up so badly. :oops:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

seacoaster wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:13 pm
seacoaster wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:45 pm Assuming your question is serious: I think Schiff has been a little heavy-handed at times (from the times I've seen), but I think it is from an effort to not allow the thing to become a conspiracy-theory circus. But it is a far cry from stonewalling in a general sense (the GOP has its own counsel to prepare an examination and inquire with each of the witnesses, and then time for the members of Congress) and, specifically, compared to the manner in which the WH has asserted a blanket absolute immunity to the inquiry's document and witness production requests/demands. Schiff's management of the process really cannot compare to the blanket refusal of the WH, not even close.
Sorry, I answered assuming you had a real question, not your usual pretend "pox on both houses, while propping up the Right" silliness. My mistake, thinking we were having a real discussion.

The forehead? A five term Congressman and former federal prosecutor, Stanford, Harvard Law School. I'll bet he'd be really upset knowing the Grumpy Gardener has a nickname for him.
Was that the 5 term Congressman and former federal prosecutor, Stanford, Harvard Law that was pissing his pants while trying to find those pictures of the naked Trump? Your mistake was placing the forehead on a pedestal and bowing down before him as your salvation to impeach the naked Trump. :D Welcome to Realville Schiff is a member of the same group of dirtbags you detest so much. Would you like to see those pictures of the naked Trump? I love having the conversation. None of these players are above being criticized. Schiff included.
So you really have nothing to say or add but the same, silly, inaccurate palaver that you always provide. You never converse; you blather. Read again Garden Boy. I can criticize Schiff; he's hardly perfect. But he isn't "pissing his pants" looking for anything. He's pretty methodically tracking down facts, if Americans have the brains and comprehension to read and assimilate them.
Sorry but he pissed away his credibility when he feverishly tried to find those pictures of the naked Trump. The forehead will never be mistaken for Sam Ervin. He is methodically making a fool of himself.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:25 am

Sorry but he ticked away his credibility when he feverishly tried to find those pictures of the naked Trump. The forehead will never be mistaken for Sam Ervin. He is methodically making a fool of himself.
Only if you're not paying attention.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Opinion piece on the GOP's talking point: "Gee, we thought the WB'er was gonna testify?"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... tleblower/

"One of the many antics by Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-N.Y.) at Friday’s compelling impeachment inquiry hearing with Marie Yovanovitch, the former U.S. ambassador to Ukraine who had to flee her post, sent my history-nerd/reporter brain into overdrive. It happened when Stefanik hammered House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam B. Schiff (D-Calif.) over his comments about seeking testimony from the whistleblower, whose courageous complaint sparked the impeachment inquiry into President Trump.

'Since the chairman has gaveled out all of my colleagues with their unanimous consent,' bemoaned Stefanik, 'I am going to read for the record many of the chairman’s comments in September of the importance of hearing from the whistleblower.' And then the rising star of the hollowed-out Republican Party read one quote after another from Schiff.

'September 29th in the Wall Street Journal, quote, “The whistleblower at the center of the impeachment investigation of President Trump will testify in the House very soon.” This is a quote by the chairman.

USA Today, September 29th, talking with ABC News' "This Week": "Schiff, the Democrat who chairs the House Intelligence Committee, said the whistleblower would testify very soon. And the only thing standing in the way was getting security clearances for the attorneys representing the whistleblower so they could attend the testimony."

From Vox, September 29th, "Rep. Adam Schiff said Sunday the whistleblower at the center of a growing scandal surrounding President Donald Trump will testify before the House Intelligence Committee very soon."

On CNN, September 29th, "Schiff said Sunday on ABC, as well as NBC's 'Meet the Press,' that he expects the whistleblower to testify very soon."....

In the Huffington Post, “Schiff told ABC’s ‘This Week’ that he expects the whistleblower to appear before this committee very soon.”

In the New York Post, quote, “We’ll get the unfiltered testimony of that whistleblower.”

In the Washington Times, quote, “That whistleblower will be allowed to come in.”....

I can keep going but, again, the chairman refused to allow us to put these into the record with unanimous consent, so I've read those out and as we know, it is important to protect whistleblowers from retaliation and from firing. And we want to make sure whistleblowers are able to come forward.

But in this case, the fact that we are getting criticized by Chairman Adam Schiff for statements that he himself made early on this process shows the duplicity and just the abuse of power that we are continuing to see.'

While I admire her Empire State moxie, I feel compelled to tell Stefanik to stop playing games with the truth. And I must insist Democrats counter her play for history Friday afternoon.

As Stefanik hurled Schiff’s comments back in his face, I immediately thought of my nieces and nephews and the history papers they might have to write about this period years from now. The congressional record is primary source material, the kind that really good students and authors turn to for context long after memories and emotions have faded. That’s why at the next hearing, Democrats should use their five minutes to enter the following stories (and others not listed, but equally relevant) into the record.

CNN Oct. 7: “Extreme measures being considered to protect whistleblower identity if they talk to Congress”

Politico, Oct. 9: Trump again questions why whistleblower should be protected

Politico, Oct. 13: “Adam Schiff says whistleblower may not testify in impeachment probe: He says there is concern for the person’s safety.”

Washington Post editorial, Nov. 7: “Trump’s whistleblower attacks set a dangerous precedent”

Washington Post video, Nov. 8: “Why Republicans are targeting Trump whistleblower”

Vox, Nov. 9: “The whistleblower’s lawyer says attacking him is illegal as Trump’s attacks continue: The lawyer sent the White House a cease-and-desist letter, which went ignored.”

Mother Jones, Nov. 12: “As Trump Attacks, Death Threats Against the Whistleblower and His Lawyers Increase”

The progression of headlines shows why Schiff and the Democrats have backed off on bringing the whistleblower in to testify. Trump has openly attacked a government employee who is seeking to hold the president accountable and that person’s security is now at risk. Besides, as NPR reported earlier this month, “the whistleblower complaint has largely been corroborated.” Thus, the whistleblower’s testimony has become nice-to-have, but not a necessity.

So, every time Stefanik and other Republicans read things into the record where history will find them, Schiff and the Democrats must counter them with submissions of their own. If only to give a more complete picture of the dangerous moment we’re in and the role the president of the United States played in it."
old salt

Post by old salt »

holmes435 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:04 am
Huh. Neat. Thanks.

OH MAN. I've been calling it "THE United States" this whole time. Can't believe I screwed that up so badly. :oops:
https://www.google.com/search?source=hp ... g3VJcyTF5s
ggait

Post by ggait »

After one week, the early returns looking decent for the Dems. 70% of Americans think Trump acted improperly on Ukraine. Only 25% still drinking the deplorable kool aid.

New ABC News/Ipsos poll conducted on 11/16-17:

51% -- Trump's Ukraine actions were wrong and he should be removed.

6% -- Trump was wrong, he should be impeached but not removed.

13% -- Trump was wrong, but should not be impeached.

25% -- Trump's actions were not wrong.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ggait wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:18 pm After one week, the early returns looking decent for the Dems. 70% of Americans think Trump acted improperly on Ukraine. Only 25% still drinking the deplorable kool aid.

New ABC News/Ipsos poll conducted on 11/16-17:

51% -- Trump's Ukraine actions were wrong and he should be removed.

6% -- Trump was wrong, he should be impeached but not removed.

13% -- Trump was wrong, but should not be impeached.

25% -- Trump's actions were not wrong.
So, 57% say he should be impeached. And, thus, he will be, absent a deal as described below.
(this is only going to strengthen with the testimonies on the docket, and no actual exculpatory evidence provided by Trump and co)

Assuming the % saying that he should also be removed doesn't rise to at least that number or higher, pretty darn safe bet he won't be removed as well.

Yet 70% think he did something wrong, only 25% actually think not (or won't admit it). Presumably 5% still don't know what they think (or won't admit it).

It may be that when this gets to the Senate, McConnell may hold those Senators who would otherwise be between a rock and a hard place, and might demand a secret vote, with an offer to censure Trump rather than vote to remove him.

McConnell would not want to risk the secret vote (unless he himself wants to vote fro removal). So, may need a fallback for those needing to cast a negative vote.

Censure would/should likely be a strong majority.

There's even a chance that McConnell and Pelosi reach a deal for censure if the GOP members agree to provide a majority in their caucus in both House and Senate for censure.

Any other scenarios?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:32 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:25 am

Sorry but he ticked away his credibility when he feverishly tried to find those pictures of the naked Trump. The forehead will never be mistaken for Sam Ervin. He is methodically making a fool of himself.
Only if you're not paying attention.
All you had to do was pay attention to the look on the foreheads face when the Congresswoman called him out. She made a complete jackass out of him using his own words. The fact that the usual suspects here are vigorously trying to put their spin on it says as much as the blank look on the foreheads face. :P The Congresswoman caught the forehead with his pants down and his dingus in his hand. The nervous and jerky look on the foreheads face said everything that needed to be said. Spin away boys... spin away. The only thing you can do is look as pathetic as the forehead. i can't believe that if you all folks were hoping to impeach Trump that yall handed over the reins of the wagon to a nincompoop like the forehead. Secretly I bet you were all hoping to get a glance of the pictures of the naked Trump. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Typical Lax Dad

Return to “POLITICS”