Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:05 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:48 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:46 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:13 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:08 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:58 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:52 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:39 am I understand your cynicism about NYS.
Not sure why you don't move but that's another matter.

Certainly nothing is "ironclad" nor is anything forever.
But it's against the law to vote as a non-citizen and there's zero evidence of any widespread false voter registration...they need to change that law if they want to allow non-citizens to vote federally, and I don't think that's possible in federal elections with out the federal law being changed...it won't be in our lifetimes, shouldn't be ever.
Good sir you under estimate how they do things in NYS. It is more than me being cynical, it is how they roll. You think Trump is corrupt, Andy Cuomo is not far behind in the slimeball department. What Andy wants Andy usually gets. There are supposedly 100 thousand or more illegals living in NYC alone. That is just too many potential rock solid Democrat voters to be left ignored.
Could you post a link? I am sure it happens and was wondering about the frequency.....you are just as concerned with Russian interference no?
Nyet, I have no link comrade. :D
Thanks. I will know you left NYS when the government collapses when the state can't collect tax revenue from you anymore. Paul Tudor Jones will leave a $30.0 million gap when he leaves CT.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/429327 ... tax-states
You will know I have left NYS by the smile on my face and the song in my heart... NYS will collapse from its own stupidity with nothing that I have done to help them. I suggest maybe you move up here and become my placeholder. You may not be able to afford it but you will just love it here. maybe you can even open up a business and thrive and profit from all your many hours of hard word... NOT. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'll take your word for it. Those TANs will collapse when you leave.
It is not an easy decision for my wife and I to make. We love our house and we love living in Upstate NY. It is a beautiful place to live and outside of my service to our country I have lived here my entire life. What it boils down to can we afford the stupid crazy taxes here once we are on a fixed income? Certainly we can, but why should we? My kids have left this state for greener pastures. My family except for my sister have all passed on. Last week I had to snow blow 12 inches of November Climate Change from my driveway. I never had the chance to rake up all the maple leaves in my front yard. Living in NYS is the ultimate conundrum... should we stay or should we go? My question to you is why don't the people that run this fouled up state care about who stays and who leaves? Why do they make living here so unfriendly to the folks who have spent their entire lives in this state?
Presumably a whole lot of folks are attracted to living in NYS.

But sure, it's less expensive to live elsewhere. Warmer too.
Which is actually important as we get older and shoveling snow becomes harder.
And that's especially true in some third world countries, so these too are 'desirable' relocations for some folks.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:39 am I understand your cynicism about NYS.

But it's against the law to vote as a non-citizen and there's zero evidence of any widespread false voter registration...they need to change that law if they want to allow non-citizens to vote federally, and I don't think that's possible in federal elections with out the federal law being changed...it won't be in our lifetimes, shouldn't be ever.
Good sir you under estimate how they do things in NYS. It is more than me being cynical, it is how they roll. You think Trump is corrupt, Andy Cuomo is not far behind in the slimeball department. What Andy wants Andy usually gets. There are supposedly 100 thousand or more illegals living in NYC alone. That is just too many potential rock solid Democrat voters to be left ignored.
Could you post a link? I am sure it happens and was wondering about the frequency.....you are just as concerned with Russian interference no?
Thanks. I will know you left NYS when the government collapses when the state can't collect tax revenue from you anymore. Paul Tudor Jones will leave a $30.0 million gap when he leaves CT.

You will know I have left NYS by the smile on my face and the song in my heart... NYS will collapse from its own stupidity with nothing that I have done to help them. I suggest maybe you move up here and become my placeholder. You may not be able to afford it but you will just love it here. maybe you can even open up a business and thrive and profit from all your many hours of hard word... NOT. :lol: :lol: :lol:
It is not an easy decision for my wife and I to make. We love our house and we love living in Upstate NY. It is a beautiful place to live and outside of my service to our country I have lived here my entire life. What it boils down to can we afford the stupid crazy taxes here once we are on a fixed income? Certainly we can, but why should we? My kids have left this state for greener pastures. My family except for my sister have all passed on. Last week I had to snow blow 12 inches of November Climate Change from my driveway. I never had the chance to rake up all the maple leaves in my front yard. Living in NYS is the ultimate conundrum... should we stay or should we go? My question to you is why don't the people that run this fouled up state care about who stays and who leaves? Why do they make living here so unfriendly to the folks who have spent their entire lives in this state?
Who knows. Kansas is cheaper.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:30 am
ABV 8.3% wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:14 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:47 am Cradle is right. Because a person is an immigrant, they probably have a warrant outstanding for breaking the law. Just being an immigrant is enough justification for probable cause. I agree. Cradleandshoot is a stop and frisk man too.. :roll:
Every single time someone gets pulled over in the USA.....a warrant search is done.

Just NOT for illegals......huh :roll:
He is the guy that brought it up not me....all those guys in NJ were stopped for probable cause..... driving while colored.
Just some food for thought. When my nephew was a patrol officer for the RPD he would often pull over cars in predominantly black neighborhoods late at night. My favorite story of his came from a highly intoxicated black man who gave him holy hell about pulling him over because he was black. No sir, I pulled you over because you are chitfaced driving with no lights on and just blew through that red light. I patrol these streets almost every night and for some reason... there are not that many white kids I see driving down the avenue at 3am. I did not know who you were until I walked up to your car right now and spoke to you. I am still guessing that driving without your lights on and running a red light would fit in the category of "probable cause" :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:16 pm

How are things in your neck of the woods? Could we afford to live next door to you? :D My wife would be glad to bring over a casserole.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Not sure about TLD, but you'd not be happy about Maryland.
Florida has its appeals, so does Nicaragua if cost of living and climate are the determinants.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Cheaper than what?

Guessing you've never been to Kansas. It's usually colder than Rochester, especially with the wind chill.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:25 pm Not sure about TLD, but you'd not be happy about Maryland.
Florida has its appeals, so does Nicaragua if cost of living and climate are the determinants.
It's all about water quality.

Anyone read about water quality in Joe Bidens Trillion dollar infrastructure plan? Yeah, me neither. But we SHOULD support him :roll: :roll:

Who are these idiots running to be the next arena/stadium mascot, being water carriers to the oligarchy.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:25 pm Not sure about TLD, but you'd not be happy about Maryland.
No fan of Florida. A great place to visit but I would not want to live there. I know most people here will not agree but IMO Palm Trees are the ugliest tree on the planet.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:27 pm

Cheaper than what?

Guessing you've never been to Kansas. It's usually colder than Rochester, especially with the wind chill.
I have never been to Kansas. It is hard to believe it is colder than where I live in Rochester. It is 24 degrees in my back yard as I write this. It is freaking cold here today.i
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Cheaper than what?

How about this. State taxes are cheaper.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:18 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:30 am
ABV 8.3% wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:14 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:47 am Cradle is right. Because a person is an immigrant, they probably have a warrant outstanding for breaking the law. Just being an immigrant is enough justification for probable cause. I agree. Cradleandshoot is a stop and frisk man too.. :roll:
Every single time someone gets pulled over in the USA.....a warrant search is done.

Just NOT for illegals......huh :roll:
He is the guy that brought it up not me....all those guys in NJ were stopped for probable cause..... driving while colored.
Just some food for thought. When my nephew was a patrol officer for the RPD he would often pull over cars in predominantly black neighborhoods late at night. My favorite story of his came from a highly intoxicated black man who gave him holy hell about pulling him over because he was black. No sir, I pulled you over because you are chitfaced driving with no lights on and just blew through that red light. I patrol these streets almost every night and for some reason... there are not that many white kids I see driving down the avenue at 3am. I did not know who you were until I walked up to your car right now and spoke to you. I am still guessing that driving without your lights on and running a red light would fit in the category of "probable cause" :roll:
Folks on NJ turnpike were also running red lights. :lol:
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:30 pm
No fan of Florida. A great place to visit but I would not want to live there. I know most people here will not agree but IMO Palm Trees are the ugliest tree on the planet.
I agree with you, cradle, just trying to be helpful about taxes and climate.

Point is, there are trade-offs.
Plenty of places with lower taxes and warmer climate than Upstate NY.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:46 pm

But I still love Upstate NY. The change of seasons is something you can never get out of your system. Summer here may only last for 3 months. But it is awesome, especially for growing vegatables,my passion.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:53 pm

But I still love Upstate NY. The change of seasons is something you can never get out of your system. Summer here may only last for 3 months. But it is awesome, especially for growing vegatables,my passion.
Yup, a lot of folks feel that way about their homes.
But as we get older, the 'visit' can be made north instead of south.
Typical Lax Dad

Cheaper than what?

It’s usually warmer sport.... a couple of degrees ain’t much but you are factually incorrect.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Cheaper than what?

Check out the Ozarks -- SW MO & NW AK. Between Springfield MO. & Fayetteville AK.
Similar to upstate NY. Not as cold. MUCH lower cost of living. Plenty of amenities.
Still 4 seasons, but milder winters. Many big lakes for water sports & fishing.
Branson brought a tourism boom which spins off a lot of revenue & jobs.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:54 pm

Cheaper than what?

Check out the Ozarks -- SW MO & NW AK. Between Springfield MO. & Fayetteville AK.
Similar to upstate NY. Not as cold. MUCH lower cost of living. Plenty of amenities.
Those are nice places. Different way of life than what many people see in the I-95 / NY Thurway corridor. When I first came east, people would assume we had more snow and cold weather in the Midwest.... weather was actually not too dissimilar. It's not all lake effect snow.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:54 pm

Cheaper than what?

It's beautiful out that way. The cooperage we've used all these years is in Lebanon, MO, so I get to visit every few years.....
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:53 pm

Idaho, Wyoming, the Dakotas. Plenty of gorgeous inexpensive country out west with no NYC influence. I'd like to get a few acres near a river at some point with a barebones cabin. Spend a couple of months out of the year just fishing, hiking, and enjoying the break from modern life.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Check out this whodunit by Ryan Lizza in Esquire

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a ... alifornia/

Apparently, Devin Nunes' family dairy farm in the CA district he represents was sold in 2006 and the family then moved to Sibley IA and acquired a new dairy farm there. The rest is quite myterious yet interesting especially when Nunes is one of the President's most loyal supporters. Appears to be quite a bit of intrigue and obfuscation going on perhaps for some very obvious reasons.

Return to “POLITICS”