Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: IMPEACHMENT ... Bribery, Extortion and Abuse of Power

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Kismet wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:38 am I really cannot fathom how you take what I wrote and end up where you do. I suggested that perhaps the media accounts who referenced Ambassador Taylor's military record were referencing the fact that with a high class rank he might have had more active duty choices as a result yet he still opted for duty commanding a rifle platoon in a war zone. I never mentioned anything else about graduates of military academies. You the one who brought up Patton and Eisenhower.

My last word on the subject is to thank you for your service no matter what your class rank.
Well said.

LandM, take the thanks for your service.

If you then truly wish to "move on", I suggest you stop with the recitations of what you did, who you know and what they did in the service, as if that matters. Actually, I think it does matter and is interesting, however if your logic is that none of that matters, none of the choices made in the past matter, then I suggest you start at home, with yourself.

On Taylor, he has credibility. He's made decisions throughout his adult life with integrity, appointed by Reagan, appointed by Bush, has served in Administrations under 3 R's, 2D's. Indeed he has served in hot zones, where his service has put his own life at risk and where his work has been focused on saving lives and promoting US foreign policy interests in the most challenging and important of situations.

So, his experience 'on the front lines' of what became a 'shakedown scheme' in direct conflict with US foreign policy interests is highly relevant. His expert, informed views of Ukraine and its challenges, both with Russia and corruption, are essential to understanding the situation in which the scheme was taking place. His first hand interactions were with the people who were interfering with US foreign policy, ostensibly at the direction of the President, corruptly.

Others will need to verify what and when and how the President directed his wishes, however Trump himself has confirmed what he intended, what he wanted to happen, including on TV to all of us. He's quite admitted what he wanted from Zelensky. However, he claims that such was 'perfect' and that he has every right to pressure whatever he wants, whenever he wants. He's not actually disputing it.

That leaves his supporters in the hugely awkward position of trying to argue that Trump's 'wishes' were actually in alignment with US foreign policy, the rooting out of 'corruption' in Ukraine and Eastern Europe more generally. So...Taylor, Kent, Yovanovich are the actual experts on exactly that issue, the folks who had to be pushed out or gone around in order to actually ask for a corrupt act from the new President of Ukraine if he wished to have the ongoing support of the US and its President.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

So today's hearings are just starting. Nunes is giving his opening statement. Who is he talking to? Who does he think he is going to influence to his position? There are, according to the polls, three classes of people, those who already believe Trump is guilty, those who will never think Trump did anything wrong (even with pictures) and a smaller number who believe the impeachment process is legitimate and should go forward, but are not convinced Trump should be impeached. He does not address the issue, wandering all over the place, throwing irrelevant beans against the wall. Is this really going to convince that third class of citizen?

He is playing to his master for an attaboy. woof woof.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:26 am So today's hearings are just starting. Nunes is giving his opening statement. Who is he talking to? Who does he think he is going to influence to his position? There are, according to the polls, three classes of people, those who already believe Trump is guilty, those who will never think Trump did anything wrong (even with pictures) and a smaller number who believe the impeachment process is legitimate and should go forward, but are not convinced Trump should be impeached. He does not address the issue, wandering all over the place, throwing irrelevant beans against the wall. Is this really going to convince that third class of citizen?

What is the point of reading Trump's first call?

Showing that he can actually have a conversation with a foreign leader without committing a crime shouldn't be something that needs proof.
DMac

Post by DMac »

jhu72 wrote

Which Helen Keller could have seen and Marlee Matlin could have heard.
Revolting.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

foreverlax wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:34 am
jhu72 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:26 am So today's hearings are just starting. Nunes is giving his opening statement. Who is he talking to? Who does he think he is going to influence to his position? There are, according to the polls, three classes of people, those who already believe Trump is guilty, those who will never think Trump did anything wrong (even with pictures) and a smaller number who believe the impeachment process is legitimate and should go forward, but are not convinced Trump should be impeached. He does not address the issue, wandering all over the place, throwing irrelevant beans against the wall. Is this really going to convince that third class of citizen?

Showing that he can actually have a conversation with a foreign leader without committing a crime shouldn't be something that needs proof.
The bar is the lowest it has been in the history of the USA.
“I wish you would!”
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

This bunghole "president" is live-tweeting ATTACKS on this ambassador as her hearing progresses??

Lowlife scumbag doesn't begin to describe this man.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

dislaxxic wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:35 am This bunghole "president" is live-tweeting ATTACKS on this ambassador as her hearing progresses??

But he said he didn't have time to watch the hearings. :lol: :lol: So busy and all.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Not sure if anyone else posted this, but here is the transcript of the set-up call in April, in which Z asks Trump four times to attend his inaugural and Trump says "I'd like to invite you to the White House. We'll have a lot of things to talk about."

https://context-cdn.washingtonpost.com/ ... pdf#page=1
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

"If you weren't moved by Marie Yovanovitch's testimony, you don't have a human pulse" -- Chris Wallace.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:43 am Not sure if anyone else posted this, but here is the transcript of the set-up call in April, in which Z asks Trump four times to attend his inaugural and Trump says "I'd like to invite you to the White House. We'll have a lot of things to talk about."

Conflicts with Putin's military parade. :lol:
Typical Lax Dad

seacoaster wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:43 am Not sure if anyone else posted this, but here is the transcript of the set-up call in April, in which Z asks Trump four times to attend his inaugural and Trump says "I'd like to invite you to the White House. We'll have a lot of things to talk about."

Hey guess what honey? Junior used the potty today!! An incredibly low bar for this guy.
“I wish you would!”
LandM

Post by LandM »

MD,
Thanks to you and all who paid their tax dollars - you allowed a poor kid to do allot of things he could only dream of now - so thank you.

The problem IMHO is people come out and write things that no one knows whether truthful or not. You and others pick on Fatty, R3, ABV and whatever other name he chooses because he wants everyone to sign up and tell you who you are - sounds like a good proposition to me.

You played goalie at Dartmouth, your wife went to school there (keep Callahan), your wife got her MBA at Harvard, your son played lax there, your wife runs the business and you are the behind the scenes guy, property management. In the interim you wrestled, you are a moderate R who hates Trump as somewhere along the way he screwed a relative. You like to be the judge and jury, like many fellow posters as to how wrong people are with different opinions. I find you credible and you speak from the heart. I may disagree with you but I will read. Others not so much but I read the posts, process and try to understand. Peace.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:37 am
dislaxxic wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:35 am This bunghole "president" is live-tweeting ATTACKS on this ambassador as her hearing progresses??

But he said he didn't have time to watch the hearings. :lol: :lol: So busy and all.
Overt and blatant witness intimidation in real time on live television. The Dapper Don and Don Corleone weren't this overt.
Somebody should call the FBI.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

a fan wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:25 pm
ABV 8.3% wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:26 pm NO....you are NOT answering the question. You pass the buck to the DOJ....like they are some terminus that can't not exist without the POTUSA's input.
Nope. I'm telling you how American government works. Not my fault you don't like it.

If this IS the way our govt. works.......

.......why than is tRump going thru an impeachment process.

Not my fault that you LIKE it.
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:09 am

and the REAL tea party independents are laughing........just laughing.

keep on allowing your members of Congress to do nothing .....and no one has answered the questions.

Who was the check made out too for the Javelin's ? (russians only have 150 tanks ? :lol: )

You guys would rather watch the day time Emmy's (playboy model Kelly Monaco still on soapopera's ? )
Last edited by ABV 8.3% on Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:21 am
ABV 8.3% wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:26 pm NO....you are NOT answering the question. You pass the buck to the DOJ....like they are some terminus that can't not exist without the POTUSA's input.
Nope. I'm telling you how American government works. Not my fault you don't like it.

Because he tried to bribe a foreign leader into screwing Trump's political adversary.

Five seconds ago, you agreed Trump's behavior was wrong. Change your mind? Again?
Typical Lax Dad

ABV 8.3% wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:25 am

keep on allowing your members of Congress to do nothing .
I wonder if everyone gathered around and clapped after Trump hung up the phone after that initial call. Sort of like when Junior first uses a potty!
“I wish you would!”
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

a fan wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:27 am

Because he tried to bribe a foreign leader into screwing Trump's political adversary.

Five seconds ago, you agreed Trump's behavior was wrong. Change your mind? Again?
I am making an observation based on what you wrote. If this is the way our system works, I am asking why you, or I, should care or post tens of thousands of "i hate trump" comments, if, as you claim, it's the way the government operates.

It's you who are putting the nets in rotating fashion, but I'm a pretty good shot. (Got two ducks this morning ) If , what you call "bribery", is just quid pro go pro good ole fashioned business as usual....the point I and others have tried to make is that if NO attempt to fix the way your "telling you how American government works" and don't care to change it. Why should we get engaged? If any POTUSA can withhold funds (you seem to focus on WHO gets it, not when ...or what for )

Or, you just throw your hands up and say.....it's just the way it is. Pathetic.

https://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/ ... -bribe-was

cue TLD....."but Obama's not running" Well, actually, he is. His name is just Duval this time. When HE flies close the fams Berkshire home on the tax payers dime.....it's ok. When a woman Gov. flies home to attend to a sick child......on taxpayer dime.... she gets villified.

You (collective) want us true independents to listen to you hypocrites? Please.

How are the ratings for this waste of time? AD rates go up?
Typical Lax Dad

ABV 8.3% wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:45 am
a fan wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:27 am

I am making an observation based on what you wrote. If this is the way our system works, I am asking why you, or I, should care or post tens of thousands of "i hate trump" comments, if, as you claim, it's the way the government operates.

It's you who are putting the nets in rotating fashion, but I'm a pretty good shot. (Got two ducks this morning ) If , what you call "bribery", is just quid pro go pro good ole fashioned business as usual....the point I and others have tried to make is that if NO attempt to fix the way your "telling you how American government works" and don't care to change it. Why should we get engaged? If any POTUSA can withhold funds (you seem to focus on WHO gets it, not when ...or what for )

Or, you just throw your hands up and say.....it's just the way it is. Pathetic.

https://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/ ... -bribe-was

cue TLD....."but Obama's not running" Well, actually, he is. His name is just Duval this time. When HE flies close the fams Berkshire home on the tax payers dime.....it's ok. When a woman Gov. flies home to attend to a sick child......on taxpayer dime.... she gets villified.

You (collective) want us true independents to listen to you hypocrites? Please.

How are the ratings for this waste of time? AD rates go up?
Good for Patrick...of course he is Obama. Ain’t he black? :lol: :lol: I asked you about Patrick the other day but you may have missed it. I mentioned your boy is entering the race..... nice view in the Berkshires.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

ABV 8.3% wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:25 am

keep on allowing your members of Congress to do nothing .....and no one has answered the questions.

Who was the check made out too for the Javelin's ? (russians only have 150 tanks ? :lol: )

You guys would rather watch the day time Emmy's (playboy model Kelly Monaco still on soapopera's ? )
You sure you are not Rap Brown?
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”