The Nation's Financial Condition

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
youthathletics

Re: The Nation's Financial Condition

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:01 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:48 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:29 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:17 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:07 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:59 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:13 am
youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:10 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:05 am
youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:04 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:59 am
youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:41 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:31 am
youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:28 am
Cheerleading for failure.....nicely done. :roll:
I am pointing out a fact. The Economist is cheerleading failure?
You both are by pointing to a minuscule county in the south. with a headline leading one to believe it is all of America. roll: Poverty in America continues to affect people of colour
There is nothing earth shattering in that article.
Exactly
Fact. for Lowndes County, Alabama, population 9k,
Fixed it for ya. ;)
Thanks.

https://cnsmaryland.org/interactives/fa ... h/map.html
What does that have to do with the price of tea in china?
There are poor people everywhere. Not just the county subject to the article. Can’t afford tea in China either.
Exactly my point, makes you wonder why the author felt compelled to single out only the blacks in that county.
Exactly my point....Sort of like Trump saying he has reduced “black” unemployment that you keep repeating.....
:lol: :lol: That is a national-wide .gov stat, not a 9k population poor town in Alabama. :lol: :lol:
What is the unemployment rate in east and west Baltimore? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No clue....maybe the journalist from The Economist can pick those areas next article. But we have no clue who the author is, since they do not post authors on the articles.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:41 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:01 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:48 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:29 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:17 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:07 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:59 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:13 am
youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:10 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:05 am
youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:04 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:59 am
youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:41 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:31 am
youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:28 am
Cheerleading for failure.....nicely done. :roll:
I am pointing out a fact. The Economist is cheerleading failure?
You both are by pointing to a minuscule county in the south. with a headline leading one to believe it is all of America. roll: Poverty in America continues to affect people of colour
There is nothing earth shattering in that article.
Exactly
Fact. for Lowndes County, Alabama, population 9k,
Fixed it for ya. ;)
Thanks.

https://cnsmaryland.org/interactives/fa ... h/map.html
What does that have to do with the price of tea in china?
There are poor people everywhere. Not just the county subject to the article. Can’t afford tea in China either.
Exactly my point, makes you wonder why the author felt compelled to single out only the blacks in that county.
Exactly my point....Sort of like Trump saying he has reduced “black” unemployment that you keep repeating.....
:lol: :lol: That is a national-wide .gov stat, not a 9k population poor town in Alabama. :lol: :lol:
What is the unemployment rate in east and west Baltimore? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No clue....maybe the journalist from The Economist can pick those areas next article. But we have no clue who the author is, since they do not post authors on the articles.
Probably a Democrat using liberal statistics. In all likelihood a B.S. degree in Economics for Libs.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

some interesting concepts on taxation here: https://thehill.com/policy/finance/4701 ... ad-of-2020
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:12 am some interesting concepts on taxation here: https://thehill.com/policy/finance/4701 ... ad-of-2020
From the very article you linked -
Tax-policy experts have said that cutting the middle tax brackets could end up being expensive and providing a tax cut to the wealthy in addition to the middle class.
You could easily have a situation where someone single who makes say 40-50K has essentially a zero tax cut, and a relatively large one for someone making a few hundred K... But it will be sold as a "middle-class" tax cut, even though it is just another tax cut that will benefit the more wealthy to a larger extent...
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

a fan wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:06 pm Same thing I said would happen from day one.

Of course, China has to be willing to give Trump his Pyrrhic victory.

If I was them? I'd hit us with more tariffs. I guess that depends on whether or not they want Trump for another 4 years.
wouldn't China hitting us with more tariffs play right into Trump's hands? I think that kind of aggressive act would force any POTUS (d or r) to essentially declare financial war on China.

afan - I am inclined to agree with you that the US is at a huge disadvantage in these kinds of negotiations because we have 4-8 yr term presidents negotiating with what is essentially a life-time dictator. Add to that the cultural need in the US to reach a conclusion -v- the Chinese tendency to see an agreement as just a framework for continued negotiation. BUT, I have begun to see financial reports that indicate that China is actually hurting as a result of the trade war. It appears that if Trump is re-elected, the power dynamic may shift. So stay tuned on what their staying power really is.
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:36 am
ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:12 am some interesting concepts on taxation here: https://thehill.com/policy/finance/4701 ... ad-of-2020
From the very article you linked -
Tax-policy experts have said that cutting the middle tax brackets could end up being expensive and providing a tax cut to the wealthy in addition to the middle class.
You could easily have a situation where someone single who makes say 40-50K has essentially a zero tax cut, and a relatively large one for someone making a few hundred K... But it will be sold as a "middle-class" tax cut, even though it is just another tax cut that will benefit the more wealthy to a larger extent...
yes- that's my point.
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
Typical Lax Dad

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/2582302001

What the hell is Powell talking about??!! We can cut taxes!
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Why is it that the same people who supported a stunningly failed political campaign in '16, are the same ones telling me for 3 years straight now that the stock market is massively overvalued?
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:51 am Why is it that the same people who supported a stunningly failed political campaign in '16, are the same ones telling me for 3 years straight now that the stock market is massively overvalued?
Which market? Bond market? Stock market?

What do you think happens when you add a few trillion in borrowed money to any market?
a fan

Post by a fan »

HooDat wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:38 am BUT, I have begun to see financial reports that indicate that China is actually hurting as a result of the trade war.
So what? China doesn't have elections. What makes you think America can wait it out, but China can't?

Last report put China's GDP at +6%.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:51 am Why is it that the same people who supported a stunningly failed political campaign in '16, are the same ones telling me for 3 years straight now that the stock market is massively overvalued?
Yep. He's funneling money to the 1%ers using borrowed money. The rich are getting richer. So what?
Typical Lax Dad

Your company has the capacity to borrow 125% of its annual revenue?
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:56 am
Your company has the capacity to borrow 125% of its annual revenue?
:lol:
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

I know kids who do.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

foreverlax wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:40 am

What do you think happens when you add a few trillion in borrowed money to any market?

It seems like inflation would rocket. Except:

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-sta ... lation-cpi

Yet under the austere James Earl Carter:

http://www.in2013dollars.com/inflation-rate-in-1980

You did support Hillary, correct? :lol:
a fan

Post by a fan »

So why not borrow another $3trillion this year if this path is such a good idea?

...and while we're at it, eliminate corporate taxes altogether?
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:23 am

It seems like inflation would rocket. Except:

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-sta ... lation-cpi

Yet under the austere James Earl Carter:

http://www.in2013dollars.com/inflation-rate-in-1980

You did support Hillary, correct? :lol:
Nope....didn't vote for either Trump or HRC.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

PB has his, funk everyone else.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

A report shows 7 of 10 Americans are struggling financially. Do you care?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/70-america ... nancially/
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

ardilla secreta wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:42 pm
A report shows 7 of 10 Americans are struggling financially. Do you care?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/70-america ... nancially/
And that's one of the reasons why inflation isn't higher. Middle and lower classes are still underemployed / underpaid (or overcharged) with respect to a few major expenses, namely health care and housing and to a lesser extent higher education among others.

Return to “POLITICS”