Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Peter Brown

Re: IMPEACHMENT ... Bribery, Extortion and Abuse of Power

Post by Peter Brown »

LandM wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:28 pm boys - no one has the nads to convict her - grow some -HRC is guilty - you all hate the guy - so keep hating - hate your way

This is absolutely over the target. Hillary was perhaps one of the more corruptible human beings to get so close to the Presidency. Anyone less than her would be doing 5-hard at your local federal correctional.

But, Orange Man Bad; let's keep our eyes on the prize. :lol:
a fan

Post by a fan »

LandM wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:28 pm boys - no one has the nads to convict her - grow some -HRC is guilty - you all hate the guy - so keep hating - hate your way
Hillary is guilty, but Trump isn't. And you think you're being evenhanded.

Yeah, ok.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

a fan wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:29 pm
ABV 8.3% wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:22 pm Do you have a link of this bashing? Agree, couldn't find a more respectable witness. However, medals and career aside.....all that matters is he didn't really sell us on this Ukrainian thing being "impeachable".
That's not his job. His job was to tell you what happened. He did that.

So how many posters here are now signing up for this behavior.

To be clear, you are now saying it's ok for a President to use his office to investigate his political rivals. He used our State Dept., as well as the AG to try and do this.

So now the next President can do this. Do I have this right?

Recall, this is part of the reason Nixon was removed.
ABV 8.3% wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:22 pm And, will ask again. Why can the President withhold already allocated and approved funds ? Does this apply to domestic aid? Is Trump withholding funds domesticaly?
Who can challenge him? The DoJ, who works for the President?

Everyone here is laboring under the laughable and, frankly, idiotic idea that Trump is the last ***hole we're going to have as President.

The list of the things TrumpEnablers have said "oh yeah, the President can do that" grows by the day. And I'm counting the days before a left wing zealot gets into office, and starts to undo allllll the things right wing America takes for granted.
as jusual AFAN.......you miss.

I do NOT think any of what trump did was cool. What's even uncooler is that you just throw your hands up and act as if Congress is powerless. Also, you never ( :o ) answered the direct question.

Does ANY POTSUSA have the authority to withhold appropriated, allocated funds? (does this mean that trump can withhold funds from US districts, unless a "favor is granted"

But, you're right. It's NOT a problem that we need to fix. :roll:
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:36 pm
stay on topic, says the mina birds wanna be moderators.
DMac

Post by DMac »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:24 pm
DMac wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:15 pm
Kismet wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:56 am Vince Foster and Seth Rich were murdered left-wing Clinton insiders. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Check.

and then there is this piece on Ambassador William Taylor who was summarily trashed by Fox News and other right wing media yesterday

https://www.creators.com/read/connie-sc ... dor-taylor

I'd again be curious what some of the vets hereabouts think of this treatment of a decorated war veteran and 1969 West Point graduate. #5 in his class and he chose a combat assignment leading an airborne rifle platoon.

For lacrosse enthusiasts, Lt. Raymond J Enners graduated USMA in 1967 and was killed in combat in 1968 carrying wounded members of his platoon to safety after an enemy ambush - 1st battalion 11th Infantry Americal Division. He had only been in theater a very short time.

We are all in a heap of trouble if this is the way we treat heroes.
I watched very little of the hearings yesterday, maybe just the first fifteen minutes or so. In those fifteen minutes I found Taylor to be every bit as impressive as I figured he'd be and I'd believe this man's words every day and Sunday before I'd believe one word Trump and his Trumsuckers have to say. I didn't see any of the trashing of Taylor either but suffice it to say I'd have found it deploreable and the epitome of mudslinging coming from many unworthy of judging this man's honor and integrity. It took brass balls and a real love of country to volunteer to be an infrantryman in the jungles of Vietnam. Those trashing him couldn't wear his jock strap, and that includes the Prez.
As a side, my brother graduated #1 in his A school and had his choice of orders (there has to be an available billet on your list of choices, you can't just dictate where you're going to go) and he chose embassy duty in London, England....that's what most would do.
London? why the F there? I'd want Switzerland or Austria over London. Hate the Brits.

Don't any army guys ski? 10th mountain's still around aren't they?
Don't know why he chose that but he absolutely loved it there. Gave him a bunch of money to go out and buy suits when he got there as they worked in civilian clothes, he had a mighty nice wardrobe when he came back. Was a pretty sweet gig the way he saw it....was a really bright boy.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:30 pm This is absolutely over the target. Hillary was perhaps one of the more corruptible human beings to get so close to the Presidency. Anyone less than her would be doing 5-hard at your local federal correctional.

But, Orange Man Bad; let's keep our eyes on the prize. :lol:
Your head is so far up your you know what that you haven't caught on that both Hillary and Trump are skating. And Hillary supporters and Trump supporters like you will fall all over themselves, telling us that they didn't break laws.

You're too far gone to catch on that they're both giving regular ol' Americans the middle finger. And as long as you continue to play this sophomoric game of "my guy's innocent, your guy is guilty".....they'll all continue to skate.

Hillary is richer than ever. Trump, too. Did you notice ol' Hill was at Trump's wedding? Instead of waking up to what these people are doing, you decide it's smarter to focus on little D's and little R's.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Assume that the story of the cell phone call in a Kiev restaurant checks out (likely since David Holmes apparently will testify tomorrow).

That one incident alone proves the whole case (even though there is an additional evidence mountain of corroboration). Direct ear witnesses hear Trump and Sondland talking about pushing the Ukes to investigate. And then Sondland admits/confesses that Trump just cares about Biden which is what Rudy is pushing.

There literally is no factual defense to that. There is literally no innocent explanation of those facts. What are you going to say -- it was a prank call and so it really wasn't Trump's voice? Sondland didn't know what he was talking about and it was all just a misundertanding?

There's also no doubt that the scheme is criminal bribery. 18 USC section 201(b)(2). There's also no doubt that Bribery is impeachable under the Constitution.

End of day, this really is the situation where Trump shoots someone on 5th Avenue. And there's only two explanations for giving Trump a pass:

1. There's an election coming up.

2. Trump is not a GD liberal fool Democrat so I don't care what he did.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Typical Lax Dad

ABV 8.3% wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:38 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:36 pm
stay on topic, says the mina birds wanna be moderators.
Cheering on Trump should make folks feel better. It’s a safe space... :roll: :roll:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitutio ... ated-funds
Typical Lax Dad

ggait wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:41 pm Assume that the story of the cell phone call in a Kiev restaurant checks out (likely since David Holmes apparently will testify tomorrow).

That one incident alone proves the whole case (even though there is an additional evidence mountain of corroboration). Direct ear witnesses hear Trump and Sondland talking about pushing the Ukes to investigate. And then Sondland admits/confesses that Trump just cares about Biden which is what Rudy is pushing.

There literally is no factual defense to that. There is literally no innocent explanation of those facts. What are you going to say -- it was a prank call and so it really wasn't Trump's voice? Sondland didn't know what he was talking about and it was all just a misundertanding?

There's also no doubt that the scheme is criminal bribery. 18 USC section 201(b)(2). There's also no doubt that Bribery is impeachable under the Constitution.

End of day, this really is the situation where Trump shoots someone on 5th Avenue. And there's only two explanations for giving Trump a pass:

1. There's an election coming up.

2. Trump is not a GD liberal fool Democrat so I don't care what he did.
Trump said he doesn’t recall the phone call. Someone else may have had his phone if phone records corroborate the call.
a fan

Post by a fan »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:37 pm as jusual AFAN.......you miss.

I do NOT think any of what trump did was cool. What's even uncooler is that you just throw your hands up and act as if Congress is powerless. Also, you never ( :o ) answered the direct question.

Does ANY POTSUSA have the authority to withhold appropriated, allocated funds? (does this mean that trump can withhold funds from US districts, unless a "favor is granted"
I did answer the question. But you're too far gone to notice.

Our DoJ decides on turf wars between Congress and the President. They rule on what the President can and can't do.

And who does the DoJ report to? Yep. The President.

How do you propose we fix this problem?
a fan

Post by a fan »

ggait wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:41 pm Assume that the story of the cell phone call in a Kiev restaurant checks out (likely since David Holmes apparently will testify tomorrow).

Now you know why Trump uses the language of a 5th grader. As sad as it sounds, the above is too complicated for most Americas. Heck, most of the Trump apologists here can't understand the above paragraph.

Hey, I have an idea! Let's cut funding to Education more! That'll help.
ggait

Post by ggait »

One idea is to make the USAG position more like the Fed Chair or the FBI Director (who gets a 10 year term). Having a direct political appointee (whether Barr or Holder or Bobby Kennedy) be the AG just doesn't feel right.

Has a lot of appeal initially, although it would really need to be thought through. Having the US top cop not be accountable raises issues too.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

a fan wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:52 am
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:24 amlol...over the target obviously. When anyone points out when a liberal icon like Cronkite was systemically against the best interest of the United States (Cronkite: "The Soviet threat is likely a myth"), the anxiety ratchets up!
You're slowly working through every single right wing conspiracy talking point, one by one. Nice job!

Voter fraud, the media is liberal.....

Cronkite is a liberal icon. :lol: :lol: :lol: Neat. Can't wait to see what's next.
Combo platter of hackneyed and incorrect.
ggait

Post by ggait »

A second official at the U.S. Embassy in Ukraine overheard U.S. Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland's call with President Trump about the need for an investigation by Ukraine, The Associated Press reported Thursday, citing an unidentified source.

Kyiv-based foreign service officer Suriya Jayanti also overheard the call, the wire service reported, citing a person briefed on what Jayanti overheard.

Sondland never mentioned the call, although you'd think his recollection is currently under refreshment.

Trump denied the call yesterday. And recently says he hardly knows Sondland.

:roll:
Last edited by ggait on Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

ggait wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:17 pm A second official at the U.S. Embassy in Ukraine overheard U.S. Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland's call with President Trump about the need for an investigation by Ukraine, The Associated Press reported Thursday, citing an unidentified source.

Kyiv-based foreign service officer Suriya Jayanti also overheard the call, the wire service reported, citing a person briefed on what Jayanti overheard.

Sondland never mentioned the call, although you'd think his recollection is currently under refreshment.

Trump denied the call yesterday. And recently says he hardly know Sondland.

:roll:
He did not “recall” it...
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Really good article if you want to understand exactly what Trump/Giuliani/other bagmen were doing in Ukraine:

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker ... l-timeline

(and how the election by landslide of Zelensky made them restart their efforts...)
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

a fan wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:43 pm
ABV 8.3% wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:37 pm as jusual AFAN.......you miss.

I did answer the question. But you're too far gone to notice. nice guy

Our DoJ decides on turf wars between Congress and the President. They rule on what the President can and can't do.

NO....you are NOT answering the question. You pass the buck to the DOJ....like they are some terminus that can't not exist without the POTUSA's input.

It's nonsense. Ins't it?

You are telling me, with all the checks and balances, the EXEC branch can distributed aid or funds at their discretion? Follow it's own timeline?

This is the US political system? AND you believe the DOJs arms are tied ? interesting.

Weren't key ACA votes promised aid/fund for that member of Congress' district? exactly
njbill

Post by njbill »

I thought Trump had one of the great memories of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnVpGoyKfKU
ggait

Post by ggait »

Breaking -- Chairman Schiff subpoenas Putin for the recording of Sondland's restaurant call.

Return to “POLITICS”