Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

Post by a fan »

Sorry mate, we're not done with voter fraud, and the ridiculous claims you made. Where is your evidence of illegal immigrants voting? And more to the point, if this is such a major issue----why do R controlled States allow absentee ballots?

Take your time. But answer the question.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:46 am Sorry mate, we're not done with voter fraud, and the ridiculous claims you made. Where is your evidence of illegal immigrants voting? And more to the point, if this is such a major issue----why do R controlled States allow absentee ballots?

Take your time. But answer the question.
The problem with proving voter fraud is that the people involved in doing it are not exactly all that anxious to admit any knowledge of doing so. NYS recently passed legislation issuing a driver's license to illegal residents of the state. A drivers license is one form of identification needed to register to vote. The question has been asked and not answered how you now prevent these folks from registering to vote in NYS? I guess it will all be based on the honor system. :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

Let me put it this way----if you're an illegal immigrant-----would you voluntarily walk into a government office for any reason?

As I keep saying, the absentee ballot works on the honor system, too. Why isn't it being eliminated in, at least, Republican controlled States?

Is this a serious problem, or not?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:03 am Let me put it this way----if you're an illegal immigrant-----would you voluntarily walk into a government office for any reason?

As I keep saying, the absentee ballot works on the honor system, too. Why isn't it being eliminated in, at least, Republican controlled States?

Glad you mentioned the absentee ballot. I dont know how prevalent the problem is but there are many NYS snowbirds that vote absentee ballot in NYS and vote again from there winter homes in Florida. To my knowledge there is no mechanism to prevent people from doing so. The only thing stopping most people is an unwillingness to break the law.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:03 am Let me put it this way----if you're an illegal immigrant-----would you voluntarily walk into a government office for any reason?

If you are residing in a sanctuary city you are free to go wherever you please. I believe that includes any government building you wish to go in to.
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

Bingo. And you hit on why R's won't rid of Absentee ballots------the elderly use it.

Voter fraud is on the long list of R punching bags-----they won't fix the problem because it gives guys like Pete Brown a "reason" to hit the Dems.

The R's in 22 States can eliminate all but in person voting today---right now. They aren't lifting a finger to do that, which tells you all you need to know about this made up issue....
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:13 am

If you are residing in a sanctuary city you are free to go wherever you please. I believe that includes any government building you wish to go in to.
Would you believe that if you were here illegally? I wouldn't.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:15 am

They might not believe it but the folks running these cities will not let anybody lay a finger on them. That is what they have said.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:26 am
a fan wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:15 am

They might not believe it but the folks running these cities will not let anybody lay a finger on them. That is what they have said.
There are federal offices in my building which is in a “sanctuary city”. You can’t enter without an ID and you can’t exit without returning a day name tag.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:26 am They might not believe it but the folks running these cities will not let anybody lay a finger on them. That is what they have said.
Would you trust that if you were in their shoes, and show up to a polling place and vote?

This idea, to me, is laughable.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:43 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:26 am They might not believe it but the folks running these cities will not let anybody lay a finger on them. That is what they have said.
Would you trust that if you were in their shoes, and show up to a polling place and vote?

We will see how that works in NYS. I am guessing that they understand to get a drivers license they have to enter a DMV building. The last time I checked they are government buildings. Am I missing something here? ;)
Bob Ross:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

a fan wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:15 am Bingo. And you hit on why R's won't rid of Absentee ballots------the elderly use it.

Voter fraud is on the long list of R punching bags-----they won't fix the problem because it gives guys like Pete Brown a "reason" to hit the Dems.

The R's in 22 States can eliminate all but in person voting today---right now. They aren't lifting a finger to do that, which tells you all you need to know about this made up issue....
Exactly. Absentee ballots are the holy grail for potential abuse by those wishing to vote illegally.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:21 pm

We will see how that works in NYS. I am guessing that they understand to get a drivers license they have to enter a DMV building. The last time I checked they are government buildings. Am I missing something here? ;)
http://www.ncsl.org/research/immigratio ... rants.aspx

What was that piece of legislation Pataki passed?
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:03 pm

George Pataki??? Thanks now I have to rinse the vomit from my throat.🤮
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:20 pm

Despite a multi-tiered system that includes non-compliant IDs, undocumented immigrants are not eligible for driver's licenses in New York. Although there is nothing in New York law that requires legal status in order to obtain a standard driver's license, a 2001 executive order issued by then-Governor George Pataki created a rule that effectively prevents undocumented people from obtaining licenses.

The order, which is still in effect, directs the state's Commissioner of the Department of Motor Vehicles to require that applicants for driver's licenses present either a valid social security number or federally issued documents establishing legal presence.17 Undocumented immigrants cannot provide either, and thus cannot obtain driver's licenses. The state will issue licenses to New York residents who have social security numbers, including legal permanent residents (i.e., "green card" holders) and those with temporary visitor or work visas.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:34 pm

Despite a multi-tiered system that includes non-compliant IDs, undocumented immigrants are not eligible for driver's licenses in New York. Although there is nothing in New York law that requires legal status in order to obtain a standard driver's license, a 2001 executive order issued by then-Governor George Pataki created a rule that effectively prevents undocumented people from obtaining licenses.

The order, which is still in effect, directs the state's Commissioner of the Department of Motor Vehicles to require that applicants for driver's licenses present either a valid social security number or federally issued documents establishing legal presence.17 Undocumented immigrants cannot provide either, and thus cannot obtain driver's licenses. The state will issue licenses to New York residents who have social security numbers, including legal permanent residents (i.e., "green card" holders) and those with temporary visitor or work visas.
This issue has been debated back and forth in NYS ever since King Andrew signed it into law. Our local fish wrapper has said that illegals residing in NYS will be eligible to receive a NYS drivers license with no restrictions. The logic they use, not me, is that since we have all these illegal folks residing in NYS in mostly rural areas, well they need a license so they can legally drive to work. Since the vast majority of these folks have no SS# or a green card what would be the point of allowing them a privilege that none of them could receive? If you are correct TLD then everything else I had read and understand about this law is all wrong. That photo in our local fish wrapper of an excited group of illegals and their supporters holding those signs saying... NYS driving together with all the big hearts on them, man those folks were all lied to.

https://www.pressconnects.com/story/new ... 487316001/ It is interesting here that the laws says an illegal immigrant can't claim to be a US citizen when registering to vote. If you hand the license over to someone who is registering you to vote and they don't specifically ask you if you are a US citizen, well you have broken no laws. As a lawmaker claims later in the article... "ironclad protections" will prevent these type of things from happening. :roll: Hell 3 quarters of the people that run NYS are about as shady and corrupt as they come. If you want to tell me they could legislate "ironclad" anything you must also believe in unicorns and that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:39 pm

This issue has been debated back and forth in NYS ever since King Andrew signed it into law. Our local fish wrapper has said that illegals residing in NYS will be eligible to receive a NYS drivers license with no restrictions. The logic they use, not me, is that since we have all these illegal folks residing in NYS in mostly rural areas, well they need a license so they can legally drive to work. Since the vast majority of these folks have no SS# or a green card what would be the point of allowing them a privilege that none of them could receive? If you are correct TLD then everything else I had read and understand about this law is all wrong. That photo in our local fish wrapper of an excited group of illegals and their supporters holding those signs saying... NYS driving together with all the big hearts on them, man those folks were all lied to.

https://www.pressconnects.com/story/new ... 487316001/ It is interesting here that the laws says an illegal immigrant can't claim to be a US citizen when registering to vote. If you hand the license over to someone who is registering you to vote and they don't specifically ask you if you are a US citizen, well you have broken no laws. As a lawmaker claims later in the article... "ironclad protections" will prevent these type of things from happening. :roll: Hell 3 quarters of the people that run NYS are about as shady and corrupt as they come. If you want to tell me they could legislate "ironclad" anything you must also believe in unicorns and that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
So Pataki didn’t pass legislation?
“I wish you would!”
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Tweet of the day

"Stephen Miller is proof that only in America could a young Jewish boy grow up to be a Nazi."
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Kismet wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:55 am Tweet of the day

"Stephen Miller is proof that only in America could a young Jewish boy grow up to be a Nazi."
:lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:24 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:39 pm

So Pataki didn’t pass legislation?
What is your point? The US has immigration laws that nobody wants enforced. You really thing that the powers that be in NYS will enforce any laws they do not agree with? You must not know these folks very well.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”