JUST the Stolen Documents/Mar-A-Lago/"Judge" Cannon Trial

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: The Politics of National Security

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:31 am
old salt wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:26 am We already have intel co-operation. We pay for it.
He's clearly referring to the new administration.
old salt wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:26 am Amb Taylor said -- " Ukraine is a strategic partner of the United States. Important for the security of our country, as well as Europe.
Ukraine is on the front line in the conflict with a newly aggressive Russia.

Who signed us up for that.
Trump did, remember? He sent them aid.
Because Congress authorized it. Trump can't block it.
He get's impeached if he just delays it & attaches conditions.
If he questions it, he's accused of collaborating with Putin.

Where's the Treaty ?
What's the path for Ukraine to become a full security partnet within NATO ?
As NATO's largest contributor & participant, what will that obligate us for ?
Can't you see what's happening here/
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:51 am Where's the Treaty ?
You tell me. I don't want to put words in your mouth.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

LindseyGrahamSC blocked a resolution in that Senate that passed in the House 405-11 condemning Armenian genocide, after meeting with Trump and Erdogan.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:47 am
You apparently don't read RT or watch OANN, a fan.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:25 am
During the joint press conference yesterday, the first question came from an OAN reporter....all the radical right wing you can slurp for a low low monthly fee. :lol:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Trinity wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:04 am LindseyGrahamSC blocked a resolution in that Senate that passed in the House 405-11 condemning Armenian genocide, after meeting with Trump and Erdogan.
He must have had some of that Turkish Wiener for lunch as well. ;)
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
old salt

Post by old salt »

foreverlax wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:27 am
During the joint press conference yesterday, the first question came from an OAN reporter....all the radical right wing you can slurp for a low low monthly fee. :lol:
Typical -- no answers from the 3 stooges. Just snark.

The most revealing thing from yesterday is how far down the road we are to an alliance with Ukraine & how diligently advocates within the govt are pushing to make Ukraine a NATO ally. I wonder if that will ever be revealed to the American public & become a topic of debate.

Where do the (D) 2020 candidates stand on military aid for "strategic partner" Ukraine, moving them along the path to NATO membership ?
Crickets.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:25 pm

The most revealing thing from yesterday is how far down the road we are to an alliance with Ukraine & how diligently advocates within the govt are pushing to make Ukraine a NATO ally. I wonder if that will ever be revealed to the American public & become a topic of debate.

Where do the (D) 2020 candidates stand on military aid for "strategic partner" Ukraine, moving them along the path to NATO membership ?
Crickets.
After one is elected in 2020, the voters can decide in the 2024 election what they think of Ukraine and NATO depending on policy.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:56 pm

Crickets.
After one is elected in 2020, the voters can decide in the 2024 election what they think of Ukraine and NATO depending on policy.
The 2016 DNC/HRC platform said nothing about military aid to Ukraine. Totally ignored the issue.
The 2020 (D) candidates are doing the same thing.

Meanwhile, the debate about the 2016 RNC platform plank was cited as evidence of Russian collusion.
...& Trump has released far more military aid to Ukraine than Pres Obama did, or Candidate Clinton advocated.

Studied indifference & complete double standard in the MSM coverage of this issue.
Last edited by old salt on Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:10 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:56 pm

Crickets.
The 2016 DNC/HRC platform said nothing about military aid to Ukraine. Totally ignored the issue.
The 2020 (D) candidates are doing the same thing.

Meanwhile, the debate about the RNC platform plank was cited as evidence of Russian collusion.
...& Trump has released far more military aid to Ukraine than Pres Obama did, or Candidate Clinton advocated.

Studied indifference & complete double standard in the MSM coverage of this issue.
Well the voters can decide with 2020 election if it matters.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:25 pm The most revealing thing from yesterday is how far down the road we are to an alliance with Ukraine & how diligently advocates within the govt are pushing to make Ukraine a NATO ally. I wonder if that will ever be revealed to the American public & become a topic of debate.
Crickets.
That's what I thought you meant....and this is why I asked you to clarify.

So you're just waking up to the fact that Trump isn't running our foreign policy? How many times did I tell you this, and you laughed it off? Tried to tell you that we'd pay a heavy price for having him in the White House. Tillerson told you this was happening. So did Bob Woodward. Heck, Nikki Haley just told you this last week.

The Deep State is Trump's own, hand picked people. The "adults in the room". They enact their own policies. They ignore Trump when they want to. They finish negotiations before Trump arrives for Conferences, hoping he won't "ruin things". They leak when Trump goes off the rails. This is the bulk of the complaining you've done over the last three years......it's all right there in plain sight.

So nope, I'm not surprised in the least that Taylor is out there, bringing Ukraine into NATO.

Voters wanted to blow it all up, remember? Well, here you go.

Imagine, if you can, all our negotiations with other countries-----Ambassadors and interested parties (read: corrupt 1%ers) making up their own policies. How many times have we been told Trump doesn't read? That he doesn't listen at briefings? That he doesn't know where half these countries are, and doesn't want to learn about it? People are both taking advantage to line their own pockets, while some are trying to keep Trump from blowing things up.

And then there's things like the EPA and the Dept. of Ed and the SEC.

He's using his office as a toy. In ten or twenty years, we'll finally get a tally for all the damage that's been done.

We asked for this.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:56 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:25 pm The most revealing thing from yesterday is how far down the road we are to an alliance with Ukraine & how diligently advocates within the govt are pushing to make Ukraine a NATO ally. I wonder if that will ever be revealed to the American public & become a topic of debate.
Crickets.

So you're just waking up to the fact that Trump isn't running our foreign policy? How many times did I tell you this, and you laughed it off? Tried to tell you that we'd pay a heavy price for having him in the White House. Tillerson told you this was happening. So did Bob Woodward. Heck, Nikki Haley just told you this last week.

The Deep State is Trump's own, hand picked people. The "adults in the room". They enact their own policies. They ignore Trump when they want to. They finish negotiations before Trump arrives for Conferences, hoping he won't "ruin things". They leak when Trump goes off the rails. This is the bulk of the complaining you've done over the last three years......it's all right there in plain sight.

So nope, I'm not surprised in the least that Taylor is out there, bringing Ukraine into NATO.

Imagine, if you can, all our negotiations with other countries-----Ambassadors and interested parties (read: corrupt 1%ers) making up their own policies. How many times have we been told Trump doesn't read? That he doesn't listen at briefings? That he doesn't know where half these countries are, and doesn't want to learn about it? People are both taking advantage to line their own pockets, while some are trying to keep Trump from blowing things up.

He's using his office as a toy. In ten or twenty years, we'll finally get a tally for all the damage that's been done.

We asked for this.
I probably wasn't aware that we are so "all in" for the Ukrainians.
Hearing, first hand, from our officials who've lived in their midst & worked closely with them, brings home how fierce their advocacy is.

We have a term for that in the military. It's called "going native".
That's not a negative ; it's objective.
That's why we limit consecutive tours of duty with the same ally.

This is the part I disagree with. I think Trump's attempts to alter our foreign policy are being fiercely resisted from within, just like with Ukraine. ...& no, I'm not surprised.

Last edited by old salt on Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:16 pm I probably wasn't aware that we are so "all in" for the Ukrainians.
Hearing, first hand, from our officials who've lived in their midst & worked closely with them, brings home how fierce their advocacy is.

Interesting.

BTW, if it isn't obvious, I'm not happy about these NATO plans, and am generally freaked out over this going rogue/native with our foreign policy. This is a dangerous, dangerous precedent....

Recall I said as much when Nikki Haley reported it last week.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:26 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:16 pm I probably wasn't aware that we are so "all in" for the Ukrainians.

Interesting.

BTW, if it isn't obvious, I'm not happy about these NATO plans, and am generally freaked out over this going rogue/native with our foreign policy. This is a dangerous, dangerous precedent....

Recall I said as much when Nikki Haley reported it last week.
Yes. I recall & agree with all that.

Trump's hand picked people are only at the cabinet level & it's hard enough to find qualified people who won't scuttle his isolationist tendency policies (e.g. Tillerson, Mattis, McMaster, Bolton). Below them, it's career "lifers" who rotate between govt, think tanks & academia.
I'm not the least surprised at the resistance to change that Trump is facing. His inability to lead & communicate do not inspire confidence.

I'm not just waking up to this. Nothing you say below is news to me.
The voters are witnessing, first hand, the entrenched intransigence of the Deep State, resistant to changing the status quo.
I didn't expect Trump to succeed totally. I just hoped he'd reverse the pendulum swing.

a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:45 pm
The voters are witnessing, first hand, the entrenched intransigence of the Deep State, resistant to changing the status quo.
This is where I disagree, as you know. They're not upset about policy. Trump is a erratic empty shirt....theres no cohesiveness to anything he does. You can't "lead" using twitter. They're reacting to Trump the man, not his policies....or lack thereof.

They didn't rebel like this with Obama. And there's no way our people were happy about his decision to Iraq.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:48 pm
This is where I disagree, as you know. They're not upset about policy. Trump is a erratic empty shirt....theres no cohesiveness to anything he does. You can't "lead" using twitter. They're reacting to Trump the man, not his policies....or lack thereof.

They didn't rebel like this with Obama. And there's no way our people were happy about his decision to Iraq.
Obama did not exhibit isolationist tendencies. He prioritized diplomacy. De-emphasized & resisted military action.
He was a global rock star. He had a full stable of (D) lifers to bring back into govt. The MSM worshiped him.
All this made it EZ for him.
Last edited by old salt on Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:05 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:48 pm

Obama did not exhibit isolationist tendencies. He prioritized diplomacy. De-emphasized & resisted military action.
He was a global rock star. He had a full stable of (D) lifers to bring back in. The MSM worshiped him.
All this made it EZ for him.
Poor Donald. He can’t get a fair shake....
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:56 pm
Crickets.

We asked for this.
He was duly elected. People knew all of that when they pulled the lever....have you noticed no VDH links in a the past couple of months....at least :?:
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/11/14/politi ... cnn.com%2F

The hike would be lower if they investigated Biden!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:08 pm...have you noticed no VDH links in a the past couple of months....at least :?:
Ask & you shall receive. VDH recommends this one :

Will the new & improved Ukraine 4.0 be collateral damage in the (D)'s impeachment frenzy ?
https://thehill.com/opinion/internation ... ays-wanted

Ukraine stood on the brink of success just as impeachment-minded Democrats and anti-Trump media pivoted from Russian collusion to Trump’s purported quid pro quo in a telephone call with Zelensky.... Ukraine’s corruption therefore became overnight Item #1 in U.S. press and social media conversation. Trump supporters now regard Ukraine not as a heroic guardian of freedom but as a den of thieves. Will the U.S. Senate continue its rare bipartisan support for Ukraine, given Ukraine’s new image?

As evidence is collected for a possible Trump impeachment, Ukraine will be presented as a den of corruption led by a young, confused president. If Zelensky claims the Trump call was benign, he will antagonize Democrats. If he asserts the Trump call was a quid pro quo, he’ll alienate Trump, who may serve a second term. Not an enviable position.

In a word, Ukraine has been thrown under the bus by the media and Democrats at the very time when it was poised to truly join the West. Ukraine has a long, bloody, tragic history. Our politicians seem intent on keeping up this record.
Last edited by old salt on Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “POLITICS”