Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Peter Brown

Re: IMPEACHMENT ... Bribery, Extortion and Abuse of Power

Post by Peter Brown »

Well, the trial has started. Schiff presiding; he doesn't even have the correct flag! Live look:

Schiff2.jpg
Schiff2.jpg (241.47 KiB) Viewed 1427 times
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ToastDunk wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:15 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:10 am
old salt wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:35 pm
seacoaster wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:34 pm "Sorry. I'm not willing to write off the USA just because Trump is the President..."

Forgive me, but this is an astonishingly obtuse thing to say on the plain and unambiguous facts in front of us. The USA is functionally the structure and functions of the Constitution. You're willingness to just let Trump's conduct pass is, in practice, writing off the USA. Do you not get the asymmetry of what you do and say? Oath much? At all, anymore?
Trump is the President until he is removed from office.
Regarding my oath, if he gave me a lawful order, it would be my duty to carry it out.
There are two Constitutional processes to remove Trump from office.
If enough US citizens share your view, he will be removed by one of them.
If he is removed, it will reflect the will of my fellow citizens expressed at the ballot box or via their Congressional representatives.
I will respect their decision, one way or the other.
Until he leaves office, I want the government to function & President Trump to succeed, because that means the US is succeeding.
Do you suggest I send back my retired pay & social security, in protest ?
Salty, are you still serving in the military?
If not, I'd like to understand what 'orders' the POTUS could give you that would be your "duty to carry out".

The second element I bolded is exactly how fouled up Trumpists and their ilk are about how our system works.
No, any particular President's 'success' does not "mean the US is succeeding".
The US is made up of far more than any President, much less the Executive branch or even the 3 co-equal branches of government.

A President's 'success' politically is fleeting, all the more so if "succeed" means destroying Constitutional norms, expectations, balance of power, etc.
Likewise, would be if "succeed" is due to foreign interference by adversaries in our democratic processes.

Of course, we do "want the government to function"...but to what ends?
An example of success?

E.P.A. to Limit Science Used to Write Public Health Rules
WASHINGTON — The Trump administration is preparing to significantly limit the scientific and medical research that the government can use to determine public health regulations, overriding protests from scientists and physicians who say the new rule would undermine the scientific underpinnings of government policymaking.
It's flat out weird, unless we recognize that this all about the corruption spigot.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I remember when Judge Naps was hated and despised on this forum. Now that he believes Trump is a crook he has ingratiated himself with the folks here that for so long could not stand him. Who knows, maybe ggait will have something nice to say about him. There is one thing for certain on this forum, peoples opinions can change like the direction of the wind. I guess when this

Trump sheepdip is all done with it will be business as usual. That means the usual suspects can go back to hating Judge Naps. :)
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:38 am I remember when Judge Naps was hated and despised on this forum. Now that he believes Trump is a crook he has engratiated himself with the folks here that for so long could not stand him. Who knows, maybe ggait will have something nice to say about him. There is one thing for certain on this forum, peoples opinions can change like the direction of the wind. I guess when this

Trump sheepdip is all done with it will be business as usual. That means the usual suspects can go back to hating Judge Naps. :)

You are so correct. That inconsistency (by the Left) is the main reason I post here.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:38 am I remember when Judge Naps was hated and despised on this forum. Now that he believes Trump is a crook he has engratiated himself with the folks here that for so long could not stand him. Who knows, maybe ggait will have something nice to say about him. There is one thing for certain on this forum, peoples opinions can change like the direction of the wind. I guess when this

I have always found Nap to be one thing - consistent. I don't always agree with his views, but I do respect the consistency of his views.

How many former supporters of the Judge, now say he doesn't know what he is talking about and is a never Trumper Rino?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

foreverlax wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:42 am

I have always found Nap to be one thing - consistent. I don't always agree with his views, but I do respect the consistency of his views.

How many former supporters of the Judge, now say he doesn't know what he is talking about and is a never Trumper Rino?
I have always thought Judge Naps to be fair and consistent. I believe his opinion of the legal mess Trump has created for himself is spot on. Too bad Trump has repeatedly ignored the advice given to him by his own legal eagles. Why have them on board if you will not heed their advice?
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:50 am

I have always thought Judge Naps to be fair and consistent. I believe his opinion of the legal mess Trump has created for himself is spot on. Too bad Trump has repeatedly ignored the advice given to him by his own legal eagles. Why have them on board if you will not heed their advice?
Why? Trump seemingly can't help himself...he has never been the type of guy that wants to surround himself with people "smarter" than he is and if he does, my sense is he doesn't actually believe they are and sees no added value in their expertise.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:40 am You are so correct. That inconsistency (by the Left) is the main reason I post here.
Oh, totally.

FoxNation would NEVER be inconsistent.

PB, you are a walking billboard for FoxNation talking points. I hope you get paid for this service....
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

foreverlax wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:58 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:50 am

Why? Trump seemingly can't help himself...he has never been the type of guy that wants to surround himself with people "smarter" than he is and if he does, my sense is he doesn't actually believe they are and sees no added value in their expertise.
I can't answer that question. When people that know the law give you their opinion based on many years of practicing law... if you ignore their wisdom you proceed at your own risk.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Who knows, maybe ggait will have something nice to say about him.
Judge Nap's current legal analysis is completely straightforward and obvious. He's basically been saying water is wet. Like the fact that bribery is an impeachable offense. That could not be more duh obvious.

The only thing that makes Nap exceptional is that he's basically alone at FNC in saying that water is wet. The exceptional thing is the bunch of gaslighters who can't bring themselves to state the beyond obvious.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Taylor drops a new bomb not included in his prior testimony. So much for the lame defense that no one heard Trump himself call the code red. Sondland now busy preparing another "supplement" based on his freshly refreshed recollection...

Taylor reveals call between Sondland and Trump discussing Biden probe

Taylor made new revelations about Trump’s Ukraine conduct in his opening statement Wednesday, detailing a phone call between the president and Sondland where they discussed the Biden "investigations."

Taylor said he only recently learned of these comments, which occurred on July 26. Taylor said a member of his staff who accompanied Sondland to a meeting with a top Ukrainian diplomat told him of the remarks last Friday.

“Following that meeting, in the presence of my staff at a restaurant, Ambassador Sondland called President Trump and told him of his meetings in Kyiv,” Taylor said. “The member of my staff could hear President Trump on the phone, asking Ambassador Sondland about ‘the investigations.’ Ambassador Sondland told President Trump that the Ukrainians were ready to move forward.”

“Following the call with President Trump, the member of my staff asked Ambassador Sondland what President Trump thought about Ukraine,” Taylor continued. “Ambassador Sondland responded that President Trump cares more about the investigations of Biden, which Giuliani was pressing for. At the time I gave my deposition on Oct. 22, I was not aware of this information. I am including it here for completeness.”

Trump had asked Zelenskiy in their July 25 call to investigate a debunked conspiracy theory about Democrats and the 2016 election as well as former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter, who sat on the board of a Ukrainian gas company.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
a fan

Post by a fan »

If you can hear Taylor, and not understand that Trump is treating his office and America like a toy.... I just....

How the F any former Reagan or Bush hsupporter can hear this stuff from Taylor, and not demand Trump be removed escapes my understanding.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

old salt wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:35 pm
seacoaster wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:34 pm "Sorry. I'm not willing to write off the USA just because Trump is the President..."

Forgive me, but this is an astonishingly obtuse thing to say on the plain and unambiguous facts in front of us. The USA is functionally the structure and functions of the Constitution. You're willingness to just let Trump's conduct pass is, in practice, writing off the USA. Do you not get the asymmetry of what you do and say? Oath much? At all, anymore?
Trump is the President until he is removed from office.
Regarding my oath, if he gave me a lawful order, it would be my duty to carry it out.
There are two Constitutional processes to remove Trump from office.
If enough US citizens share your view, he will be removed by one of them.
If he is removed, it will reflect the will of my fellow citizens expressed at the ballot box or via their Congressional representatives.
I will respect their decision, one way or the other.
Until he leaves office, I want the government to function & President Trump to succeed, because that means the US is succeeding.
Do you suggest I send back my retired pay & social security, in protest ?
Now that's the question isn't it. "l'Etat c'est moi" :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
a fan

Post by a fan »

BTW, this Taylor testimony is one place where the aluminum foil comes from for the Russian tinfoil hats.

All roads lead to Putin.....
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

a fan wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:41 am If you can hear Taylor, and not understand that Trump is treating his office and America like a toy.... I just....

How the F any former Reagan or Bush hsupporter can hear this stuff from Taylor, and not demand Trump be removed escapes my understanding.
You know the answer to that. Its the little "r" thing. The little "r" stays the same, everything else can change and its all good. :lol:
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

a fan wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:00 am
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:40 am You are so correct. That inconsistency (by the Left) is the main reason I post here.
Oh, totally.

FoxNation would NEVER be inconsistent.

PB, you are a walking billboard for FoxNation talking points. I hope you get paid for this service....
Gotta wonder what Pete thought of the Clinton Impeachment process. Was the Republic Party of the day a bunch of partisan hacks out to protect a lawless president at all cost? Was Pete posting cute cartoons attacking the people "persecuting" Bubba Clinton?

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:41 am If you can hear Taylor, and not understand that Trump is treating his office and America like a toy.... I just....

Who cares..... he was duly elected.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

In Impeachment Surprise, Taylor Unveils New Evidence Directly Implicating Trump

"The explosive new claim did not come up in Taylor’s closed-door testimony — the ambassador said he’d only heard a staffer’s account of the conversation a few days ago.

Taylor revealed that on July 26, just one day after Trump pressed Ukraine’s president to pursue politically useful investigations, EU Ambassador Gordon Sondland called Trump from a restaurant after meeting with Andrey Yermak, an advisor to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky. One of Taylor’s staffers was present at the meeting and the restaurant, and overheard the phone conversation.

The staffer told Taylor that Trump asked Sondland about the status of “the investigations,” Taylor testified in his opening statement.

“The member of my staff could hear President Trump on the phone,” Taylor said, “asking Ambassador Sondland about ‘the investigations.’ Ambassador Sondland told President Trump that the Ukrainians were ready to move forward.”

Under questioning later, Taylor affirmed that he understood “the investigations” to mean the investigations Trump wanted Ukraine to announce into the 2016 U.S. elections, the Bidens and Burisma, the natural gas company on whose board Hunter Biden sat."

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
calourie

Post by calourie »

So do we REALLY have to wait for the republican cross examination?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

calourie wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:15 pm So do we REALLY have to wait for the republican cross examination?
I've got pop corn in the kettle waiting to be heated. :lol: Should be a riot watching Nunes.
Last edited by jhu72 on Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “POLITICS”