Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
dislaxxic

Re: IMPEACHMENT ... Bribery, Extortion and Abuse of Power

Post by dislaxxic »

calourie wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:39 pmOld Salt, I would somewhat respectfully submit that no good can come from the occupation of the position of POTUS by a man with as little regard for the truth and service to the nation that Trump has exhibited throughout much of his adult life and continues to exhibit repeatedly. That Trump is all about Trump is very difficult to refute, and how that approach to governing could begin to generate a "loyal opposition" is difficult to comprehend. Apparently you can explain it to yourself as you make a point of trying to explain it to others, but to not acknowledge that his behavior and actions have generated a goodly portion of the enemies that are now intent on removing him from office seems a trifle obtuse. I for one was willing to give him some time when he won the election to indicate a degree of fitness for the office he had succeeded in gaining, but quickly realized he was never going to develop even the slightest level of honesty and decency I would expect as a minimum requirement for occupying the office he currently holds, and trust me I have no illusions regarding my own sainthood. Anyway, on to the public hearings, and we shall see if any republicans or a significant percentage of undecideds can be convinced to leave the "dark side".
That is quite eloquent, in fact. And 100% true.Well done.

As is seacoaster's admonition of the OS post attempting to obfuscate his way around his constant support for this grifting Con Job..

Onward and upward...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

The real question is what did Pence know and when did he know it.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Here is the GOP Strategy Memorandum:

http://cdn.cnn.com/cnn/2019/images/11/1 ... nquiry.pdf

It seems light on relevant, you know, facts.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

You can toss that plan in the secret server with the Putin and MBS phone calls. Trump spent the day tweeting it was his job to go after the Bidens. And he didn’t recall Stone feeding him Wikileaks. Rod landed the plane way too soon.
old salt

Post by old salt »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:34 pm "Sorry. I'm not willing to write off the USA just because Trump is the President..."

Forgive me, but this is an astonishingly obtuse thing to say on the plain and unambiguous facts in front of us. The USA is functionally the structure and functions of the Constitution. You're willingness to just let Trump's conduct pass is, in practice, writing off the USA. Do you not get the asymmetry of what you do and say? Oath much? At all, anymore?
Trump is the President until he is removed from office.
Regarding my oath, if he gave me a lawful order, it would be my duty to carry it out.
There are two Constitutional processes to remove Trump from office.
If enough US citizens share your view, he will be removed by one of them.
If he is removed, it will reflect the will of my fellow citizens expressed at the ballot box or via their Congressional representatives.
I will respect their decision, one way or the other.
Until he leaves office, I want the government to function & President Trump to succeed, because that means the US is succeeding.
Do you suggest I send back my retired pay & social security, in protest ?
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Rick Gates just confirmed candidate Trump, Manafort, Bannon had advance knowledge of wikileaks releases in 2016 -- which was one of the first questions in the Mueller investigation. Of course Barr and Rosenstein knew this as the pre-cleared Trump for landing. Trump had a right to be annoyed, according to ATtorney General Barr. 140 contacts with Russians but It was the Ukrainians who meddled.....We are so screwed. Bolton just said Trump in Turkey was just business and we may pull out of NATO.
Last edited by Trinity on Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

old salt wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:35 pm
seacoaster wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:34 pm "Sorry. I'm not willing to write off the USA just because Trump is the President..."

Forgive me, but this is an astonishingly obtuse thing to say on the plain and unambiguous facts in front of us. The USA is functionally the structure and functions of the Constitution. You're willingness to just let Trump's conduct pass is, in practice, writing off the USA. Do you not get the asymmetry of what you do and say? Oath much? At all, anymore?
Regarding my oath, if he gave me a lawful order, it would be my duty to carry it out.
If he is removed, it will reflect the will of my fellow citizens expressed at the ballot box or via their Congressional representatives.
Until he leaves office, I want the government to function & President Trump to succeed, because that means the US is succeeding.
I just suggest you reflect some understanding of the fiduciary obligations that make up the President's job under our system of government and the rule of law, and stop normalizing, explaining away, and playing down this President's numerous breaches of his duty to the country. It's easy, and doesn't involve sending back your retried pay:

Using the powers and levers of public office for personal ends is wrong.

Inviting a foreign power to lend aid and value to an election campaign, and find dirt (or suggest that it is investigating for dirt) on a domestic political opponent, is wrong.

Using earmarked taxpayer-funded money appropriated by the Congress to extort favors from a foreign country is wrong.

There's nothing abstruse or tangled here...except your explanations.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Free Paul Manafort, end Russian sanctions, quit NATO. So much to do, so little time.

Trump is considering firing IG Michael Atkinson *for his role in divulging the whistleblower’s complaint to Congress.” So it’s difficult to see how he thinks this help his impeachment case.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Trinity wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:49 pm Free Paul Manafort, end Russian sanctions, quit NATO. So much to do, so little time.

Trump is considering firing IG Michael Atkinson *for his role in divulging the whistleblower’s complaint to Congress.” So it’s difficult to see how he thinks this help his impeachment case.
Maybe it's Jared's idea?
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Barr redacted the treasoning. And told us it was something else.
LandM

Post by LandM »

Daring to dream
Some of you guys need a hobby
The VA is looking for a few good volunteers
old salt

Post by old salt »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:47 pm

I just suggest you reflect some understanding of the fiduciary obligations that make up the President's job under our system of government and the rule of law, and stop normalizing, explaining away, and playing down this President's numerous breaches of his duty to the country. It's easy, and doesn't involve sending back your retried pay:

Using the powers and levers of public office for personal ends is wrong.

Inviting a foreign power to lend aid and value to an election campaign, and find dirt (or suggest that it is investigating for dirt) on a domestic political opponent, is wrong.

Using earmarked taxpayer-funded money appropriated by the Congress to extort favors from a foreign country is wrong.

There's nothing abstruse or tangled here...except your explanations.
Upon reflection, if my fellow citizens judge all that to be a firing offense, I will salute my new CinC & carry on smartly.

In the meantime, I will not abandon my current CinC, nor stop questioning every accusation, examining the evidence & considering the motives & tactics of his accusers. ...& hoping for good things for the USA in the interim.

Thank You for not taking my retired pay, based on my political opposition.
I hope that policy survives our next election.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Sluuuurrrrppp
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

LandM wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:00 pm Daring to dream
Some of you guys need a hobby
The VA is looking for a few good volunteers
Jared and Ivanka can pitch in.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:07 pm

Sluuuurrrrppp
...says the self-licking troll.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

I have a hobby. I’m trying to shoot my age. Trump’s still a gangster.
Hey, anyone with Netflix, a Steven Seagal (Russian tool) and DMX (frequent felon) movie loosely based on a 1990 book I wrote is streaming for free. Exit Wounds. The dialogue is brutal but the stunts are pretty cool. Young, fat Anthony Anderson steals the show. Opened #1 March 18, 2001. I met Shaq at the Premiere.
Last edited by Trinity on Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Trinity wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:25 am OMB put a separate, earlier hold on Javelin missiles to Ukraine because Mulvaney was concerned that “Russia would react negatively,” according to State Dept. official Catherine Croft. Top to bottom, tough guys at the White House and the warfighters at OMB. All the other principals favored sending the weapons.
Mulvaney was the designated Javelin catcher while still at OMB. Good training for his future job as Chief of Staff.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

MICK blurts.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Trinity wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:22 pm
Hey, anyone with Netflix, a Steven Seagal (Russian tool) and DMX (frequent felon) movie loosely based on a 1990 book I wrote is streaming for free. Exit Wounds. The dialogue is brutal but the stunts are pretty cool. Young, fat Anthony Anderson steals the show. Opened #1 March 18, 2001. I met Shaq at the Premiere.
You cast only the finest people. Royalties ?

Return to “POLITICS”