Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
LandM

Re: IMPEACHMENT ... Bribery, Extortion and Abuse of Power

Post by LandM »

afan,
Because I do not want to vote for people's views I do not believe in - seriously I am afraid? That is frankly a stupid comment - maybe if people stopped voting - people would wake up and say hey let's get people that people can back. Not to thump but never been afraid of nothing - give something that people can get behind not something that gets a base excited. i can handle some things and swallow some pride but what is being offered is crazy. So i will go and find my safe space now :D
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

LandM wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:19 pm afan,
Because I do not want to vote for people's views I do not believe in - seriously I am afraid? That is frankly a stupid comment - maybe if people stopped voting - people would wake up and say hey let's get people that people can back. Not to thump but never been afraid of nothing - give something that people can get behind not something that gets a base excited. i can handle some things and swallow some pride but what is being offered is crazy. So i will go and find my safe space now :D
Please, W.T.F. are you talking about?
a fan

Post by a fan »

LandM wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:19 pm afan,
That's not what I meant.

I meant that YOU are telling US to stop complaining, and do nothing until election day, November of 2020.
LandM

Post by LandM »

aFan,
Complain all you and others want - there is a group that is tired of it - that was my intent of the post.
a fan

Post by a fan »

We understand.

The part you're forgetting is that the group that is whining about the nonstop criticism of Trump is the EXACT same group that b*tched and moaned about anything and everything Obama did for 8 full years. And they complained with relish-----and strangely, oddly, not one single poster reacted to these Obama complaints with "quit yer cryin', there's an election in 3 years".

We're only in year 3 of Trump.

Of course, the nanosecond a President with a little D takes the White House? Swing on by the forum. These same posters will be right up the D Potus's you know what, complaining nonstop from the word go.

In other words: you think people criticizing Trump are snowflakes. Nope. We're Americans. We're SUPPOSED to speak truth to power. We're SUPPOSED to stay engaged, and pay attention to what our government is doing.

If you've "checked out', that's great. I have no problem with that. Sounds to me like you've well earned that right.

But stop giving the rest of us grief for not liking what the leader of the free world is doing here in 2019......
old salt

Post by old salt »

Trinity wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:20 am Ukraine remains a US ally under attack by Russians. Republicans used to care about that until it was inconvenient for Trump.
Show us a treaty that makes Ukraine a US ally. They've spent million$ on DC lobbyists & have purchased several influential sponsors in Congress with large Ukrainian-American voting blocks (e.g. Ms Chalupa). Ukraine meddled in our 2016 election as well, just not as effectively as Russia did.

As LandM points out, we're allowing ourselves to be pulled into a conflict between 2 corrupt, failing, pizz ant former Soviet Republics, who throughout their history, together, constituted the single heartland of Mother Russia.

Industrially, militarily & agriculturally, Ukraine was the strongest remnant Soviet Republic. They' should be capable of defending themselves. Their corrupt politicians & oligarchs have squandered their national assets with the same gusto as their Russian counterparts.

This is not our fight, picking a winner between two Slavic gangster brothers, ...just because the EUroburgers would rather trade with the Ukrainians & lobbyists like Chalupa are more effective in mobilizing the Ukrainian diaspora via K Street.

We allow ourselves to get sucked into this EUro-muck, while armed cartels, using ISIS level terror tactics, take control of our open border neighbor to the south & shaky governments throughout Latin America are tottering.

We have allowed Putin to strategically distract us & push us into this divisive political chaos at home.
We are being played by both Russia AND Ukraine.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:51 pm This is not our fight, picking winners between two Slavic gangster brothers, ...just because the EUroburgers would rather trade with the Ukrainians & lobbyists like Chalupa are more effective in mobilizing the Ukrainian diaspora via K Street
Been telling you this for well over a decade...and this applies to Iraq, Kuwait, Syria, and now Saudi Arabia. Not our fight. Show me the treaty that says it is.

What changed your view? And does this view ONLY apply to Ukraine? What about Saudi Arabia?

Trump isn't doing what you've been saying in terms of a new isolationism----he's picking and choosing. Which is his right. But the fight between the Saudis and Yemen/Iran ain't our fight, either. Show me the treaty that says it is.

And yet......Trump's isolationism doesn't apply there. And this, of course, feeds the tinfoil hat speculations as to why....
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:00 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:51 pm This is not our fight, picking winners between two Slavic gangster brothers, ...just because the EUroburgers would rather trade with the Ukrainians & lobbyists like Chalupa are more effective in mobilizing the Ukrainian diaspora via K Street
Been telling you this for well over a decade...and this applies to Iraq, Kuwait, Syria, and now Saudi Arabia. Not our fight. Show me the treaty that says it is.

What changed your view? And does this view ONLY apply to Ukraine? What about Saudi Arabia?

Trump isn't doing what you've been saying in terms of a new isolationism----he's picking and choosing. Which is his right. But the fight between the Saudis and Yemen/Iran ain't our fight, either. Show me the treaty that says it is.

And yet......Trump's isolationism doesn't apply there. And this, of course, feeds the tinfoil hat speculations as to why....
I'm done debating strategy through your one size fits all paradigm.
We're not (yet) sucked into meddling inside the former USSR, as deeply as we've been sucked into in the ME.
We're still in the ME because it's the home to AQ/IS & a theocratic terrorist hegemon whose founding ethos is "Death to Ameica".
You can't honestly claim that Trump is not trying to disengage from the ME. He's trying to get our Arab allies to defend themselves.
We better resume meddling in our own hemisphere , before NAFTA/USMCA imports narco-state chaos further inside our borders.
Pull your head out, man, & do some rational threat analysis. Absent the (R) vs (D), poor Obama, waaah.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:14 pm I'm done debating strategy through your one size fits all paradigm.
:lol: You're the one trying to sell me that we have an actual strategy. Our "strategy" isn't a strategy. And it hasn't been since WWII. And it hasn't changed since WWII.

If we a had anything resembling a strategy, you could predict---in general terms-----what we're going to do in a given situation. You can't tell what the heck we're going to do. And if you don't believe me, spend five minutes discussing US foreign policy with anyone in the EU or Asia. None of what we do follows a discernible pattern.

What we do is: wait for something to happen. Evaluate what has happened. Sometimes we send money. Sometimes we send arms. Sometimes we send trainers. Sometimes we invade. Sometimes air support. Rinse. Repeat.

There's no underlying strategy to it. We don't act according to treaty only. We don't act according to direct threats to the US only. There hasn't been a strategy since WWII. Regardless of party.

What YOU are doing is: trying to sell us that there's a strategy or common thread after you hear about a particular military event. There isn't, outside of: we're involved. Calling something a strategy after something has happened isn't a strategy. By then, it's called "history".
old salt wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:14 pm Pull your head out, man, & do some rational threat analysis. Absent the (R) vs (D), poor Obama, waaah.
:lol: Where did I mention Obama? Or R's or D's?

You've been selling us that we're not playing cop to the world anymore under Trump. Or, if you prefer, we've slowed our playing of cop to the world. Nope. This is demonstrably false. All we've done is shift where our boats and planes are.

So to the point: OF COURSE I can claim that Trump isn't withdrawing from the ME. He just sent freaking tanks to Syria, and troops to Saudi Arabia. I'd LOVE to hear your reasoning as to how "that doesn't count". Knock yourself out explaining that one.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:14 pm I'm done debating strategy through your one size fits all paradigm.
We're not (yet) sucked into meddling inside the former USSR, as deeply as we've been sucked into in the ME.
We're still in the ME because it's the home to AQ/IS & a theocratic terrorist hegemon whose founding ethos is "Death to Ameica".
You can't honestly claim that Trump is not trying to disengage from the ME. He's trying to get our Arab allies to defend themselves.
We better resume meddling in our own hemisphere , before NAFTA/USMCA imports narco-state chaos further inside our borders.
Pull your head out, man, & do some rational threat analysis. Absent the (R) vs (D), poor Obama, waaah.
Just curious - does that ME strategy include having ME partners who don't follow the rules on how to use the highly sophisticated arms we sell them and often let them fall into the possession of our enemies and terrorists?

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2019/02 ... t-us-arms/

The same people who co-opted Twitter employees to spy on journalists in America for MBS. One of whom was later murdered.
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

Alabama LSU game In Tuscaloosa. The whole stadium erupted when Trump was introduced. Will the mainstream media report on it? Doubt it.
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Bandito wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:24 pm Alabama LSU game In Tuscaloosa. The whole stadium erupted when Trump was introduced. Will the mainstream media report on it? Doubt it.
https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/statu ... 15840?s=21
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:38 pm
Bandito wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:24 pm Alabama LSU game In Tuscaloosa. The whole stadium erupted when Trump was introduced. Will the mainstream media report on it? Doubt it.
That when the tide ran out of the tunnel
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:54 pm
:lol: nice try.
Did the Crimson Tide change to USA? We’ll have to see if they chant USA next home game.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:01 pm
:lol: nice try.
Did the Crimson Tide change to USA? We’ll have to see if they chant USA next home game.
University is South Alabama: https://www.southalabama.edu

Your idol worship is sad.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

Give up. Take the L bro. Trump is loved across the US. It’s over for Dems. 2020 landslide
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
CU77

Post by CU77 »

POTUS not bringing much luck to the home team ...
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Even with Bill Barr reffing.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Maybe that cheap shot by a Tide player (near the end of the 1st half, led to a huge penalty and an LSU touchdown) was inspired by Trump ...
CU77

Post by CU77 »

This, then, is how Republicans seem to be processing Trump’s acts. Initially, the argument was that he didn’t do it. The whistleblower was lying. There was no quid pro quo. That defense collapsed quickly and totally under the White House releasing its call record and the testimonies of top officials.

So now, the argument has mutated: Yes, Trump did it, but it’s fine that he did it. Pressuring a foreign government to investigate your chief domestic political rival isn’t wrong, and even if it is wrong, everybody does it.

That’s the level of cynicism Trump is forcing his supporters to embrace. It’s not quite, as Nixon famously said, “when the president does it, that means that it is not illegal.” It’s closer to: when the president does it, that means it’s normal.

The scary thing about that is it could become a self-fulfilling prophecy. If the Republican Party chooses to treat what Trump has done as normal and protect him from consequences or sanction, then perhaps it will become normal. Perhaps it does just become a tactic, another power the incumbent can leverage against threats.

We don’t get the political system we deserve. We get the political system we accept.
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... epublicans

Return to “POLITICS”