2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: 2020 Elections - The canary is DEAD.

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:38 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:59 pm With Bloomberg entering the race, let’s see how many folks that “supported Trump because he was a business man” turn their support to Bloomberg here. You know since it was ALL ABOUT getting a businessman in office.....
… difference is, Bloomberg is actually a real businessman with real billions of dollars. :lol:
None of it inherited.
Actual businesses built.
Real philanthropy too: $38 Billion already given away.

Let's see Trump's tax returns.
LandM

Post by LandM »

C&S - we had about 2 inches - no worries, we use stadium jackets :D . Have to make up for the lost time traveling this summer, boats are damn expensive;

MD - Bevins nor VA swinging D was a surprise - each President has their off season issues - well recorded - might want to look somewhere else for a story.

Forever - thin skinned - alrighty not - it is fun playing in the elite circle - amazing they let a dumb hick from NV into that circle - i will take reading comprehension for $1,000.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

LandM wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:05 am C&S - we had about 2 inches - no worries, we use stadium jackets :D . Have to make up for the lost time traveling this summer, boats are damn expensive;

MD - Bevins nor VA swinging D was a surprise - each President has their off season issues - well recorded - might want to look somewhere else for a story.

Forever - thin skinned - alrighty not - it is fun playing in the elite circle - amazing they let a dumb hick from NV into that circle - i will take reading comprehension for $1,000.
Oh, I didn't say it was a 'surprise', indeed it was quite predictable, especially given the evidence of 2018...which indeed was an historically large swing.

The discussion we've been having is where Trump has actually lost support (he's had a hard below water cap in approval, despite an economy that normally would have a POTUS way above water). He's lost ground. The question is why he's lost that support and how Dems have taken advantage effectively of the change in views about Trump.

Especially in those purple regions that were won so narrowly last time by Trump. Ruby red isn't really in play, though what we see in certain demographics within ruby red do provide additional confirmation about what's going on.

Listen, Trump isn't going to run a moderate, nice guy race.
Nor will anyone assume this time that maybe he'll become "Presidential" once in office.

That'll hold the hard core, because they actually like the hard divisiveness.
But we're seeing it lose the suburbs that are mostly GOP normally.
And that's a lot of folks. In those purple states.

It also energizes the heck out of the Dem constituencies.

The Dems could screw this up, but that's the field they'll be playing on in the general.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Fellas, reminder, discuss issues, not post-ers. No name calling.
LandM

Post by LandM »

ADMIN,
I was pointing at myself as I am the hick from NV - born there and mostly raised there - I apologize if I violated a rule. It was a shot at me.

MD - what is a tax return going to tell you? Everything I own is in an LLC - if the IRS has not caught him, how do you expect to catch him? There is NO requirement that a tax return is needed to run for any office. If you make it mandatory then make it mandatory for ALL public offices - I would love to see Waters and Pelosi's to start with - we are getting to a point whereby people are second guessing and IMHO you are going down a bad path. Would you run for office knowing what possibly could happen to you and/or your family? IMHO it is not worth the hassles to hold a public office. At some point we need to get back and swing the pendulum to the middle - the world is not gonna end and Bloomberg is NOT the savior - want to see tax returns - figure his out :D
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

admin wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:42 am Fellas, reminder, discuss issues, not post-ers. No name calling.
Thank you!!!!
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:30 am
jhu72 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:38 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:59 pm With Bloomberg entering the race, let’s see how many folks that “supported Trump because he was a business man” turn their support to Bloomberg here. You know since it was ALL ABOUT getting a businessman in office.....
… difference is, Bloomberg is actually a real businessman with real billions of dollars. :lol:
None of it inherited.
Actual businesses built.
Real philanthropy too: $38 Billion already given away.

Let's see Trump's tax returns.
Let’s see your tax returns. There is a difference between entering office as a wealthy man from savvy business practices to becoming wealthy while in office - Pelosi, Obama etc.

President Trump loves this country so much, he gave up his billionaire lifestyle to save it! He donates his salary back. Do you do that? Yah, didn’t think so.

At age 73, he could be living it up in Mar-a-Lago, but he chose to work countless hours for the American people.

He is the most selfless man in America!
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Behold! The Trump Base Voter.

Living in an alternate reality...daily.

Sad. And not a little scary...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

dislaxxic wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:03 am Behold! The Trump Base Voter.

How’d that 2016 election go? Exactly. Sit down.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Bandito wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:16 am

Yawn....
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

LandM wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:55 am ADMIN,
I was pointing at myself as I am the hick from NV - born there and mostly raised there - I apologize if I violated a rule. It was a shot at me.

MD - what is a tax return going to tell you? Everything I own is in an LLC - if the IRS has not caught him, how do you expect to catch him? There is NO requirement that a tax return is needed to run for any office. If you make it mandatory then make it mandatory for ALL public offices - I would love to see Waters and Pelosi's to start with - we are getting to a point whereby people are second guessing and IMHO you are going down a bad path. Would you run for office knowing what possibly could happen to you and/or your family? IMHO it is not worth the hassles to hold a public office. At some point we need to get back and swing the pendulum to the middle - the world is not gonna end and Bloomberg is NOT the savior - want to see tax returns - figure his out :D
Come on LandM,
I don't think you're so far gone as to actually believe the nonsense of your second paragraph.

If nothing to hide, release it.
Don't promise dozens of time to release it and then not, first time of anyone running for the highest office in the land.

Hey, maybe he's clean as a whistle, no bank fraud involved when comparing his tax filings with his bank filings.
Maybe.

Maybe he's paid the same sort of net tax rate that you and I have averaged over the years.
Could be.

Maybe he's given to philanthropy generously, heck maybe even more generously on a % basis as you and I have likely done.
Possible.

Maybe all his business transactions were clean, no money laundering for Russians, Saudi's, etc.
Maybe nothing of the sort.

Maybe no debts to Russians, Saudi's or mob;
Maybe.

Heck, maybe he's actually worth (or was worth sometime in the last 5 years) the $10 billon he told you when asking for your vote.
Hey, it's possible, right?

But, here's the problem...he does not want you know any of this.
It would make him look too good, too rich, too generous, too honest, perhaps?
njbill

Post by njbill »

Bandito wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:59 am President Trump loves this country so much, he gave up his billionaire lifestyle to save it! He donates his salary back.
He has donated his salary to the Trump Foundation.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

2016 election clearly tilted by Russia. How’d that 2018 election go? Oh yeah, largest electoral defeat for either party in the recorded history of the planet. Keep yucking it up, fuzzball...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

njbill wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:56 am
Bandito wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:59 am President Trump loves this country so much, he gave up his billionaire lifestyle to save it! He donates his salary back.
He has donated his salary to the Trump Foundation.
This is an outright lie. Nothing new for Democrats who lie all the time

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatod ... 2030174001
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

dislaxxic wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:08 pm

2016 election clearly tilted by Russia. How’d that 2018 election go? Oh yeah, largest electoral defeat for either party in the recorded history of the planet. Keep yucking it up, fuzzball...

Obama was still President in 2016. Why didn’t he do anything about it? Anyone who believes in Russian collusion is so delusional it’s embarrassing.

Why don’t Dems worry about winning elections? Oh because their platforms suck
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Bandito wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:15 pm

Obama was still President in 2016. Why didn’t he do anything about it? Anyone who believes in Russian collusion is so delusional it’s embarrassing.

Trump was running for President. Why didn’t he tell anyone Russians were trying to collude with his campaign?
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Re: 2020 Elections - Buckle Up

Post by a fan »

Bandito wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:15 pm Obama was still President in 2016. Why didn’t he do anything about it? Anyone who believes in Russian collusion is so delusional it’s embarrassing.
So Russian Collusion doesn't exist, but at the same time, Obama didn't fix it.

That's some swell logic ya got there, Bandito!
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:22 pm
Bandito wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:15 pm

Trump was running for President. Why didn’t he tell anyone Russians were trying to collude with his campaign?
Boy that is one great question. Why, because Trump and Co. were too stupid to know (Senator Graham) or they are corrupt.
ggait

Re: 2020 Elections - Buckle Up

Post by ggait »

2016 was Trump's high water mark. -2.1% nationally and draws to an inside straight in the EC.

2018 was probably Trump's low water mark. -8.6% nationally. Converted into EVs, 224R, 314D with Dems taking PA, MI, WI (not close), plus FL and IA, and coming close to taking NC, AZ and TX.

2020 should be in between since Trump himself is directly on the ballot. Which will bring out the folks who are Trumpers not Republicans/conservatives.

Projections are that Trump could draw another inside straight at -4%. Can't win the EC at -6%. At -5%, Trump would have to draw to an inside royal flush to win the EC.

Whoever wins Wisconsin wins the EC.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Bandidiot wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:15 pmObama was still President in 2016. Why didn’t he do anything about it?
Because Moscow Mitch told him not to?

To apply the language of the erstwhile Republic Senator from Louisiana to our resident troll:

"Boy, it must SUCK to be that dumb!"

Return to “POLITICS”