Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
foreverlax

Re: IMPEACHMENT ... Constitutional method to vacate an election

Post by foreverlax »

Trinity wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:08 am Pompeo is gonna regret this. When he was CIA he knew the truth. Now, his truth is flexible.
Ain't that the truth.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:03 am

Let me know who held up congressional money and meeting with the POTUS until the ally read a prepared statement by the administration announcing a fake investigation into a political rival.
You are STILL ignoring Congress lack of caring for the past 30 years or so.....no laws stopping foreign "help" with winning elections.

Clinton/China/treasonous corruption made it almost permanent. The overseas corruption and involvement with winning elections, that is. Has Congress even voted on anything that matters regarding this issue ? (you can spend a lifetime focusing on just overseas bundlers, ....but who cares. tRump won't even reveal his overseas bundlers. You know why? B/c he doesn't have too. No law requiring it, afaik.

NO LAW requiring it. Just like insider trading was illegal for us, but NOT for US Congress.

Anyone investigate which members of Congress bought apple stock in 2008/2009 ? Or why over 3 dozen (Nancy Pelosi with the most) owned Apple in this time frame? Sold a few years later, when it increased and stock split (7to 1 ratio ) Or, the almost $100 increase in Apple stock (something about NO tariffs :roll: )

Yeah.......tRump wanted to investigate one of 16 people running for POTUSA (Hillaryous is behind all this anyway. McCain of John evah party with Billy Clinton ? Epstein? exactly .....taats )
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:45 am You Trump haters have convinced yourselves that he broke specific laws during the phone call and good for you if that makes you feel better
You're parroting two Trump talking points from a memo (quid pro quo and non-transparent impeachment proceedings), and come here pretending that you came up with the ideas out of thin air.

Quid pro quo has nothing to do with anything.

At the same time, you're going to pretend like the guy (Trump) who is sending you financial and military aid you (Ukrainian President) desperately need to keep Putin out asking you for "a favor" isn't a quid pro quo?

As for the "lack of transparency", again, that's made up nonsense from a talking points memo. You know better than to fall for this stuff.

You tell me the "perfect" way that Pelosi was supposed to handle this impeachment, and I'll give you WH/FoxNation spin as to "how she's doing it wrong".

All these points do is keep you from looking at what your President has done. It's working like a charm.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

What is meant by "resistance" ? To deny that a "conspiracy", however inept in implementation, exists is interesting.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/letter-f ... eeting-yet

These people made a funeral about hating him.........kind of bizarre if you really think about it. Would you write an eulogy focusing on your parents enemy? Weird.

Deep state, best ask the pilot.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:25 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:03 am

Let me know who held up congressional money and meeting with the POTUS until the ally read a prepared statement by the administration announcing a fake investigation into a political rival.
You are STILL ignoring Congress lack of caring for the past 30 years or so.....no laws stopping foreign "help" with winning elections.

Clinton/China/treasonous corruption made it almost permanent. The overseas corruption and involvement with winning elections, that is. Has Congress even voted on anything that matters regarding this issue ? (you can spend a lifetime focusing on just overseas bundlers, ....but who cares. tRump won't even reveal his overseas bundlers. You know why? B/c he doesn't have too. No law requiring it, afaik.

NO LAW requiring it. Just like insider trading was illegal for us, but NOT for US Congress.

Anyone investigate which members of Congress bought apple stock in 2008/2009 ? Or why over 3 dozen (Nancy Pelosi with the most) owned Apple in this time frame? Sold a few years later, when it increased and stock split (7to 1 ratio ) Or, the almost $100 increase in Apple stock (something about NO tariffs :roll: )

Yeah.......tRump wanted to investigate one of 16 people running for POTUSA (Hillaryous is behind all this anyway. McCain of John evah party with Billy Clinton ? Epstein? exactly .....taats )
You are right. I am ignoring it. What have you done for me lately.
“I wish you would!”
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:36 am
tech37 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:45 am You Trump haters have convinced yourselves that he broke specific laws during the phone call and good for you if that makes you feel better
You're parroting two Trump talking points from a memo (quid pro quo and non-transparent impeachment proceedings), and come here pretending that you came up with the ideas out of thin air.

At the same time, you're going to pretend like the guy (Trump) who is sending you financial and military aid you (Ukrainian President) desperately need to keep Putin out asking you for "a favor" isn't a quid pro quo?

As for the "lack of transparency", again, that's made up nonsense from a talking points memo. You know better than to fall for this stuff.

You tell me the "perfect" way that Pelosi was supposed to handle this impeachment, and I'll give you WH/FoxNation spin as to "how she's doing it wrong".

All these points do is keep you from looking at what your President has done. It's working like a charm.
And that's your opinion. As always, reasonable people can disagree ;)
a fan

Post by a fan »

You parroting Trump-memo talking points is a fact. It's also a fact that you still haven't told us if you think calling a foreign leader asking for dirt on your political enemy is ok. Really. You haven't. Yes or no will suffice just fine.

Old Salt answered this simple question (his answer was no, btw), and I have left him alone on the subject ever since.

The rest, yes, is opinion. And yes, reasonable people can disagree.
OSVAlacrosse

Post by OSVAlacrosse »

Is it OK for an elected official to use taxpayer funded dollars, appropriated and earmarked by another agency of government with that responsibility, to coerce personal political favors out of another person? Yes or no?

Assume, for example, that your local government has authorized the purchase of ten new police cars. Is it OK for the mayor to call up the local Ford dealership and say, I've got the money, but I need a promise that you'll always put a 'Reelect Tech37 -- Mayor of Bumf*ck'" on your property, since it has such great visibility and frontage? Or that "I need a favor though; my wife's car could you a thorough tune up and detailing every, say, month or so, OK?"

This is OK? Or not?

That guy gets to keep acting as the Mayor? Alderman? City Councilor? President?
Politics on a lacrosse message board? Ok I will take a bite. Based on the way this question is formatted, I would think that a local government body would want to investigate the allegation of coercion. Should I then assume that the complainant would be made by the owner of the car dealership? Would the demand be that the election sign was "always" posted? For what period of time? Based on the limited information, I would think that any city council or county board may want to remove a mayor if the owner of the dealership being coerced filed a complaint, and it was proven beyond a reasonable doubt to be true. Is that the satisfactory answer for you? If so, answer this question: What if the owner of the car dealership did not complain. What if the owner of the dealership acknowledged that that mayor told him it would be great if you would put a sign in your lot and the owner responded, "Sure I would be happy to do it and you have my support." Would that be worthy of removal of office? Either way the answer would be your opinion or mine.
Last edited by OSVAlacrosse on Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

tech37 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:48 am
a fan wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:36 am

And that's your opinion. As always, reasonable people can disagree ;)
This is pretty much ignored by the news you guys choose, but this is important:

1. Did we actually give CURRENCY (financial aid ) to the Ukraine?

2. When you say "military aid", be specific. What kind of "aid" ? Troops? Instructors? Mechanics? CONsultants" Killing machine weapons ? (hard goods )

3. Who made money from the hard goods transactions with a "frenemy" ? geez.....we mite as well selling killing machine tools to Turkey and India while were at it. ;)

4. Is allowing a foreign country to purchase killing machines ( in this case javelins ) equal to "aid" ? Think about it... :roll:
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:53 am You parroting Trump-memo talking points is a fact. Really? I think these were my own thoughts before any talking points were developed... if they're similar, perhaps there's some consistent truth involved ;) It's also a fact that you still haven't told us if you think calling a foreign leader asking for dirt on your political enemy is ok. Really. You haven't. Yes or no will suffice just fine.

Old Salt answered this simple question (his answer was no, btw), and I have left him alone on the subject ever since.

The rest, yes, is opinion. And yes, reasonable people can disagree.
a fan

Post by a fan »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:55 am

2. When you say "military aid", be specific. What kind of "aid" ? Troops? Instructors? Mechanics? CONsultants" Killing machine weapons ? (hard goods )

3. Who made money from the hard goods transactions with a "frenemy" ? geez.....we mite as well selling killing machine tools to Turkey and India while were at it. ;)

4. Is allowing a foreign country to purchase killing machines ( in this case javelins ) equal to "aid" ? Think about it... :roll:
You mean, the Federal government? Where are YOU getting your perfect information?

In answer to your condescending question, page 30.

https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/R/R45008
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:01 am Really? I think these were my own thoughts before any talking points were developed... if they're similar, perhaps there's some consistent truth involved
Quite the coincidence.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:08 am
tech37 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:01 am Really? I think these were my own thoughts before any talking points were developed... if they're similar, perhaps there's some consistent truth involved
Quite the coincidence.
IMO, you connect the dots way too easily
a fan

Post by a fan »

OSVAlacrosse wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:54 am What if the owner of the dealership acknowledged that that mayor told him it would be great if you would put a sign in your lot and the owner responded, "Sure I would be happy to do it and you have my support." Would that be worthy of removal of office? Either way the answer would be your opinion or mine.
The mayor would be thrown in jail. The only "opinion" in question would be whether or not you thought the mayor's prison jumpsuit matched his eyes.
OSVAlacrosse

Post by OSVAlacrosse »

a fan wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:11 am
OSVAlacrosse wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:54 am What if the owner of the dealership acknowledged that that mayor told him it would be great if you would put a sign in your lot and the owner responded, "Sure I would be happy to do it and you have my support." Would that be worthy of removal of office? Either way the answer would be your opinion or mine.
The mayor would be thrown in jail. The only "opinion" in question would be whether or not you thought the mayor's prison jumpsuit matched his eyes.
Very weak response to a perfectly legitimate question. Thus ends my foray into politics on a lacrosse board.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Look at the question:

Assume, for example, that your local government has authorized the purchase of ten new police cars. Is it OK for the mayor to call up the local Ford dealership and say, I've got the money, but I need a promise that you'll always put a 'Reelect Tech37 -- Mayor of Bumf*ck'" on your property, since it has such great visibility and frontage? Or that "I need a favor though; my wife's car could you a thorough tune up and detailing every, say, month or so, OK?"

That's bribery. That's against the law in any State. How is my response weak?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

There was a “rape” case down in Georgia, I believe. The girl said the sex was consensual and refused to testify or file a complaint. The kid was prosecuted anyway and went to jail. A person can be ok with the “crime” but law enforcement can still enforce the “law”.
“I wish you would!”
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

a fan wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:06 am
ABV 8.3% wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:55 am

You mean, the Federal government? Where are YOU getting your perfect information?

In answer to your condescending question, page 30.

https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/R/R45008
Yup....already surfed this PDF. Now that you have read it (first time ? ), where do you see currency transfer allocations? All I have evah seen was private contractors and the killing machine funds being held up (still a crime tho ) , Ukraine wasn't benefitting, certainly not directly. Academi/Erik Princes types are/were.

find any quid pro quo in these archives?
"....guess the Cook County machine isn't as strong as we thought they were...." says the President, days before he was assassinated.
https://www.jfklibrary.org/asset-viewer ... -TPH-28A-2
a fan

Post by a fan »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:38 am Now that you have read it (first time ? ), where do you see currency transfer allocations? All I have evah seen was private contractors and the killing machine funds being held up (still a crime tho ) , Ukraine wasn't benefitting, certainly not directly. Academi/Erik Princes types are/were.
You're asking me for the bank transfer receipts?

ABV 8.3% wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:38 am
find any quid pro quo in these archives?
"....guess the Cook County machine isn't as strong as we thought they were...." says the President, days before he was assassinated.
https://www.jfklibrary.org/asset-viewer ... -TPH-28A-2
So now your whataboutisms have reached dead Presidents?

You going to ask me if I complained about Kennedy's corruption?

Return to “POLITICS”